Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Budget never resets!!

Your amounts are on the front page and on your team page. I think I'm going to change the value amount to ESPN's AL-Only projections. If we keep it to who we drafted in 2010, it will become increasingly difficult to restock value.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Baltimore Warioles

C Matt Wieters
1B Miguel Cabrera
2B Gordon Beckham
3B Evan Longoria
SS Alexei Ramirez
IF Howie Kendrick
OF Adam Jones
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Franklin Gutierrez
OF Julio Borbon
UT Mark Reynolds
UT Reid Brignac

BN Alex Avila (C)
BN Alcides Escobar (ss)
BN Lorenzo Cain (OF)

P Trevor Cahill
P Edwin Jackson
P Rick Porcello
P Dallas Braden
P Jake Peavy
P Brandon Webb
P Joakim Soria

BN Ivan Nova (sp)

MINORS:

C/1B Jesus Montero
2B/OF Jason Kipnis
OF Mike Trout
SP Michael Pineda

I'd like to still use my last pick after Yo selects if that's ok
Old 03-08-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C Joe Mauer
1B Adam Dunn
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS Jed Lowrie
IF Marco Scutaro
OF Austin Jackson
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Magglio Ordonez
OF Manny Ramirez
UT Jim Thome
UT

P CC Sabathia
P Francisco Liriano
P Colby Lewis
P Clay Buchholtz
P Jeremy Hellickson
P Brandon Morrow
P Daisuke Matsuzaka
BN Matt Thornton
BN Jake McGee
BN Rafael Soriano
BN Alexi Ogando
BN David Aardsma
BN Brian Duensing

1) Chris Tillman, P, Norfolk Tides (AAA-Baltimore Orioles)
2) Jeremy Hellickson, P, Durham Bulls (AAA- Tampa Rays) - not for long
3) Jared Goedert, 3B, Columbus Clippers (AAA- Cleveland Indians)
4) Jose Iglesius, SS, Portland Sea Dogs (AA- Boston Red Sox)

Would be nice if the guys I graded would respond.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very good starting pitching and a slightly above average offense. You should definitely be in the mix late into the year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
You have two picks. Every team should have 25 major league players and 4 minor league players.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Team Baltimore Warioles

C Matt Wieters - I was surprised by your selection of him, but I understand why.
1B Miguel Cabrera - Will his off field issues, be an on field issue?
2B Gordon Beckham - The breakout everyone expected last season didn't happen, but there's still plenty of time.
3B Evan Longoria - One of my favorite players in the game.
SS Alexei Ramirez - Just ok.
IF Howie Kendrick - I always avoid him in drafts, but he's ok to good.
OF Adam Jones - Don't you wish people just lived up to expectations?
OF Bobby Abreu - Steady vet that can be relied upon for good fantasy numbers.
OF Franklin Gutierrez - His bat needs to wake up. Better roto player than points player.
OF Julio Borbon - I wanted him! Nice steal. Speaking of which, I expect his numbers to rise in that dept.
UT Mark Reynolds - Great fantasy player when his AVG and OBP doesn't count!
UT Reid Brignac - Breakout candidate.

BN Alex Avila (C) - Very average.
BN Alcides Escobar (ss) - Change of scenery could do him well.
BN Lorenzo Cain (OF) - Never heard of him.

P Trevor Cahill - Good times up ahead for Cahill.
P Edwin Jackson - Can't really say the same.
P Rick Porcello - Not a lot of Ks, but he knows how to pitch!
P Dallas Braden - Eeesh.
P Jake Peavy - Trying to make a comeback from an ugly ass tendon injury. I'll give him an award for that.
P Brandon Webb - You stole him from me!!!
P Joakim Soria - Likey, likey.

BN Ivan Nova (sp) - Upside is there.

MINORS:

C/1B Jesus Montero - Needs a trade, won't get one.
2B/OF Jason Kipnis - Not sure who he is.
OF Mike Trout - Star potential
SP Michael Pineda - I think he'll give you nice returns this year.

Not sure how to judge this team. Could be great, avg or poor. You'll have to be on top of setting your roster.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Excellent crop! I want to trade for Matt Moore.
I gotta say that I agree with a whole lot of that. I definitely would like a better 3B and SS, but both are very shallow, especially in this league. I'm hoping that I can get 2 merely solid guys out of those 3, that is if I don't make a move for another guy. I kind of disagree on Roberts, as I think he can perform if he can stay healthy, but I've got plenty of concerns about that, and those injury concerns are the only reason I picked Izturis as there is no one out there at 2B after him, so I'd hate to have had him get picked and have to pick someone up if/when Roberts gets hurt and be screwed, I wanted Casilla but I didn't like his value in the 9th over Willingham and he didn't make it back to me. I like Guthrie as a safe starter option despite the fact that he pitches in the AL East. Masterson is just a high upside potential guy, who hopefully can take a step forward. Francisco is a bit of a risk, but it was really between him, Bard, and Aviles for my last keeper spot and I'd rather go with the guy who is currently the closer, and well Aviles would have given me some nicer depth at 2B, but meh. I also like Peralta as a potential saves option in Tampa if Maddon doesn't trust McGee as a rookie and had a very good year last year.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
C Joe Mauer- Best catcher in the game
1B Adam Dunn- Going to rack up points, but strikeouts are a problem and homeruns aren't worth as much in this league
2B Ian Kinsler- Injuries are a major concern to me, it's why I traded him. Still has the ability to be a top 2-3 secondbaseman.
3B Kevin Youkilis- Not very many good 3B in this league, valuable piece.
SS Jed Lowrie- Ok, I guess.
IF Marco Scutaro- See above.
OF Austin Jackson- Great young player.
OF Curtis Granderson- I think he's peaked, but a solid starter.
OF Magglio Ordonez- Down season last year. Should bounce back.
OF Manny Ramirez- Could see better number with more playing time. Could completely bust.
UT Jim Thome- Don't think he'll get the necessary at bats this year.
UT

P CC Sabathia
P Francisco Liriano
P Colby Lewis
P Clay Buchholtz
P Jeremy Hellickson- Top 5 pitching is very strong.
P Brandon Morrow
P Daisuke Matsuzaka
BN Matt Thornton
BN Jake McGee
BN Rafael Soriano
BN Alexi Ogando
BN David Aardsma
BN Brian Duensing- No stars, but there's points and potential here.

Could see Goedert sooner than later. I think Tillman needs this year to prove he's anything.

I think you might be the favorite to win this year, but you'll need to find production from unexpected places with your hitting.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

charm and yo got ****** by losing Lee and Greinke. Although both were hardly surprises, even a year ago.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
charm and yo got ****** by losing Lee and Greinke. Although both were hardly surprises, even a year ago.
Marcum is a stud right beneath that level. But that hurt me too.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
C Joe Mauer as long as his knees hold up nobody better
1B Adam Dunn moving to smaller park should be back over 40HR
2B Ian Kinsler right behind Cano and Utley as far as offensive 2B
3B Kevin Youkilis steady as they come healthy Youk means pts
SS Jed Lowrie looks like he'll be backup plus fill in might need upgrade
IF Marco Scutaro should get majority of time at SS dangerous to have him and Lowrie starting
OF Austin Jackson could be in for mean regression when his BABIP drops
OF Curtis Granderson excellent year for him I think
OF Magglio Ordonez who knows
OF Manny Ramirez if he gets enough time will be solid
UT Jim Thome ditto the above
UT

P CC Sabathia wins and k's galore
P Francisco Liriano if healthy a second #1
P Colby Lewis going to be interesting to see follow up from last year
P Clay Buchholtz excellent #2 should get plenty of wins and k's also
P Jeremy Hellickson favorite for ROY
P Brandon Morrow if healthy could be huge breakout year
P Daisuke Matsuzaka wins if he pitches enough
BN Matt Thornton has to hope he wins the closing job
BN Jake McGee ditto above
BN Rafael Soriano i think he's in for trouble in that stadium and his fb rates
BN Alexi Ogandobetter hope Feliz wins a rotation spot if not should get decent amt of pts
BN David Aardsma see what happens when he gets back
BN Brian Duensing mediocre to below average

Filled it in for you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was under the impression he'd be playing for the Yankees by now :/
Old 03-08-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wait I'm confused by the budget thing. How did you get the different amounts for this year?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Everyone started with a 100 dollar budget, those with less or more depends on if they were recompensated for a lost player or if they spent some to get a player from waivers.

That's why I plan on resetting the values based on ESPN projections.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
C Joe Mauer
1B Adam Dunn
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS Jed Lowrie
IF Marco Scutaro
OF Austin Jackson
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Magglio Ordonez
OF Manny Ramirez
UT Jim Thome
UT

P CC Sabathia
P Francisco Liriano
P Colby Lewis
P Clay Buchholtz
P Jeremy Hellickson
P Brandon Morrow
P Daisuke Matsuzaka
BN Matt Thornton
BN Jake McGee
BN Rafael Soriano
BN Alexi Ogando
BN David Aardsma
BN Brian Duensing

Excellent SP, although I'm not a fan of Dice-K at all, but as your #7 or 8 SP you could definitely do worse. I love Thornton this year and I'm a fan of McGee moving forward, but not sure if Maddon will hand the closers job to him this year. A couple other nice relief pitcher options there.

Mauer is as good and safe as it can get at C. I like Dunn a lot in Chicago, and once Youk gets 3B eligibility you'll have a very safe, solid player at a very shallow position there. I'm not a fan of Kinsler, but I know you are. He just can't stay healthy and he's just too big a risk for me, but he's good at a fairly weak position. You've got both potential SS in Boston, so you should be ok there although neither is that much, and you won't have anybody playing in the IF unless Pedroia gets hurt again. Not a fan of your OF, way, way too many risks there, minus Granderson who's ok but unspectacular. Jackson is set for a big regression and Manny has been on the downswing of his career for a while. I kind of like Magglio as a sleeper this year, but he's still a pretty big risk given his age and durability concerns. Thome will be ok, but I'm not sure how many at bats he gets as he wasn't getting many at the beginning of the year last year when Morneau was healthy, and the Twins will have to get Kubel, Mauer, and possibly Morneau at bats at DH. So you've still got essentially 2 starting hitting spots to fill and won't have much to do it with this late in the draft.

Nice minor league pitchers, but I don't see you getting much from the hitters. You definitely could move some of your great pitching depth for some hitters and likely will have to. Still a very good team, but there is quite a bit of risk involved hitting wise.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think you might be the favorite to win this year, but you'll need to find production from unexpected places with your hitting.
Thanks. I like it, but I realize that I do need help in my OF and luck at SS. ...and my RP ain't exactly elite. I'm hoping Scutaro can duplicate what he did last year, and my plan is for Lowrie to be my super utlitiy player. I hear they are planning to use him everywhere, so I hope his elgibility at other positions opens up as the season progresses. I have never really invested heavily on OF in any of my fantasy leagues. So going into the season I usually am always looking for help there. People just tend to hog up OFs in the draft while I'm trying to build my infield and pitching. I usually tend to have luck finding them in other ways (trade or wire). I got 2nd last year with a piss poor crop of OFs so my first pick this year was Granderson.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Excellent SP, although I'm not a fan of Dice-K at all, but as your #7 or 8 SP you could definitely do worse. I love Thornton this year and I'm a fan of McGee moving forward, but not sure if Maddon will hand the closers job to him this year. A couple other nice relief pitcher options there.

Mauer is as good and safe as it can get at C. I like Dunn a lot in Chicago, and once Youk gets 3B eligibility you'll have a very safe, solid player at a very shallow position there. I'm not a fan of Kinsler, but I know you are. He just can't stay healthy and he's just too big a risk for me, but he's good at a fairly weak position. You've got both potential SS in Boston, so you should be ok there although neither is that much, and you won't have anybody playing in the IF unless Pedroia gets hurt again. Not a fan of your OF, way, way too many risks there, minus Granderson who's ok but unspectacular. Jackson is set for a big regression and Manny has been on the downswing of his career for a while. I kind of like Magglio as a sleeper this year, but he's still a pretty big risk given his age and durability concerns. Thome will be ok, but I'm not sure how many at bats he gets as he wasn't getting many at the beginning of the year last year when Morneau was healthy, and the Twins will have to get Kubel, Mauer, and possibly Morneau at bats at DH. So you've still got essentially 2 starting hitting spots to fill and won't have much to do it with this late in the draft.

Nice minor league pitchers, but I don't see you getting much from the hitters. You definitely could move some of your great pitching depth for some hitters and likely will have to. Still a very good team, but there is quite a bit of risk involved hitting wise.
I admit a little bias towards Dice-K. He did so well for me when he was a rookie. He saying a lot of good thing about being in good shape this offseason, but his performance the other day was ugly. I'll take it day to day with him and go from there. I absolutely love the batting support he'll get, so I think he'll get enough wins to make me happy.

I plan on working some magic with my OF. I know I have some issues there. :)
Old 03-08-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
I admit a little bias towards Dice-K. He did so well for me when he was a rookie. He saying a lot of good thing about being in good shape this offseason, but his performance the other day was ugly. I'll take it day to day with him and go from there. I absolutely love the batting support he'll get, so I think he'll get enough wins to make me happy.

I plan on working some magic with my OF. I know I have some issues there. :)
If you're looking for some OF help, hit me up. I may be interested in moving one of my guys there. Looking for SS, 3B, 2B, and SP help.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Whos up in the draft?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Xio's up, did anyone let Brodeur know?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I've sent a message to both of them.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Player values for this year will be based off of this chart. Please note that the same rules apply as last year; if you pick someone off waivers and lose him, you'll receive no compensation.

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/flbdra...t_sht_AL_xx x

Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Player values for this year will be based off of this chart. Please note that the same rules apply as last year; if you pick someone off waivers and lose him, you'll receive no compensation.

http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/flbdra...t_sht_AL_xx x
So, these only matter if someone we drafted moves to the NL, correct?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Someone you draft, or someone you trade for.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm going on vacation tomorrow morning so you can just skip the rest of my picks. I think there's only one or two rounds left anyway so it's not a big deal. I'll fill out the rest of my team when I get back.

sig by BoneKrusher