Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 06-19-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Not much trading in this league. I guess that's the downside of points leagues. That said, I could find a few ways to quickly improve everyone's team.

I'll take whoever Xio wants and give you a little more for them.
I don't think it relates to points leagues. I think the fact that it takes so long to add guys from the wire is what spoils it a bit.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:47 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I follow. What would adding players have to do with trading?

I'm open to adding an additional day to add players (something like Sunday, Tuesday, Friday), but I'm not sure how that would encourage more trading.

The activity in this league has been fine from my perspective. The only person not setting their lineups regularly is charm, and I figured he would disappear as soon as he stopped posting on here.

More trading would be nice, as trading makes things new and fresh, but I'm not sure how you encourage that in a points league, and I don't think roto works in AL-only leagues.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This league needs one more bench spot.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You keep saying that but I don't understand why.

Your league (which I enjoy) has 12 teams and 30 bench spots. That makes 360 players ownable. I find that to be a bit absurd.

If you limit the number of bench spots, it forces accountability for the choices you make, and makes the available player pool worth something.

What might help is one less UTIL spot. That would add a bench spot and probably force people to be more judicious in the choices they make. I think I actually tried that at the beginning of the year but it was too late.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll add Andrew Miller to my minor league team.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like that move. I also like GF picking up Manny Machado. I hated to let him go. I almost let Kyle Drabek go instead.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tried to warn you that Drabek sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's ok. Elvis Andrus and Russel Martin was still a good trade for Victor Martinez.

Although Asdrubal Cabrera blowing up has made one of them expendable.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Martin would do well this year but I was still afraid of the unknown so that's why I wanted Martinez over him. I think it's worked out really well for both sides though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Annnnnndd I finally lose my cozy #4 spot that I've held for the past 1 and a half years. Congrats GF.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Thanks Yo. I'm sure we'll be back and forth in that spot. It would be extra nice if we can make a run at the top 3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Missed David Price's start....grumble grumble.....

Old 06-25-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Looks like I'm losing Andrus and Choo to the DL, along with their good friend Morneau. Poo....

Old 06-27-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lonnie Chisenhall just got called up.

Not sure who owns him.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Not sure who owns him.
That would be Marshall.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post

Not sure who owns him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That would be Marshall.
Thank you. I'll add Chisenhall and drop Joe Nathan.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Brett Cecil was called up to the majors. Just drop him from my minor league team. I don't wanna activate him.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Thanks for the updates, xio.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Missed David Price's start....grumble grumble.....
Missed James Shields' start....grumble grumble.....

Old 06-29-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Terrible job BF.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I hate these noon start times. I teach a class in the morning and usually set my lineup afterwards. No baseball games should start at noon except for opening day.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I hate these noon start times. I teach a class in the morning and usually set my lineup afterwards. No baseball games should start at noon except for opening day.
I agree. I try to set my SP a day or two in advance but it's difficult to do that all the time. It sucks Yahoo and ESPN fantasy are blocked for me at work.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I agree. I try to set my SP a day or two in advance but it's difficult to do that all the time. It sucks Yahoo and ESPN fantasy are blocked for me at work.
Me too. :( Well... they work, but the fantasy sections are blocked.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Me too. :( Well... they work, but the fantasy sections are blocked.
They have internet at the pineapple farm?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Chisenhall in the majors, I will add Jake Odorizzi P Kansas City Royals(A+ Wilmington Blue Rocks) to my open spot.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote