Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't worry Xio, your ego is still over the top.
Ego and trash talk are not the same thing. They can, however, be combined for more potency. You just look silly, though, if you can't back it up with results.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ego and trash talk are not the same thing. They can, however, be combined for more potency. You just look silly, though, if you can't back it up with results.
Meh. I have more respect for humble champs. We all know who the tough competitors are without all the mumbo jumbo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh. I have more respect for humble champs. We all know who the tough competitors are without all the mumbo jumbo.
Right, because you hate boasting about your accomplishments. Makes total sense.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does my talent really fall off, BF? I mean, I did win the league by huge margins both years ... I've got arguably the two best starters and two best closers in the American League, plus Bautista (HR king?) and Teixeira.

You can laugh at me having Derek Jeter on there, but position scarcity makes him valuable still. The AL is light on shortstops.
I don't think you understand what "fall off fast" means. You have 4-5 phenomenal players and then nothing. That's exactly my point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't think you understand what "fall off fast" means. You have 4-5 phenomenal players and then nothing. That's exactly my point.
No, I understand what you meant. I just disagree. Ervin Santana was the 12th best starter last year. Valverde and Rivera were the 2 best closers.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right, because you hate boasting about your accomplishments. Makes total sense.
I'll put myself out there....

I honestly don't think I harp on my prior wins in any fantasy sport. If anyone other than Xio thinks I do that then I'll take that as a real message.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'll put myself out there....

I honestly don't think I harp on my prior wins in any fantasy sport. If anyone other than Xio thinks I do that then I'll take that as a real message.
I brought that up because I wanted change in this league. This league is stale. If the same thing keeps happening, it's boring.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I brought that up because I wanted change in this league. This league is stale. If the same thing keeps happening, it's boring.
That's so damn cocky. haha.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
That's so damn cocky. haha.
If it weren't also true, I wouldn't have said it.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahahaha, no one noticed I accidentally wrote Edwin Jackson (who is in the NL) instead of Ervin Santana?

Hahahaha

Whoops.

For serious now ...
1. Jose Bautista
2. Mark Teixeira
3. Justin Verlander
4. Jose Valverde
5. Jered Weaver
6. Ervin Santana
7. Mariano Rivera
8. Derek Jeter / Nick Swisher / Nick Markakis
Umm I noticed. Go look above this post.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Umm I noticed. Go look above this post.
I guess you did. Sometimes I don't waste my time reading.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess you did. Sometimes I don't waste my time reading.
When did you become such a cocky douche? I remember liking you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
When did you become such a cocky douche? I remember liking you.
I turned it up to 11.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I turned it up to 11.
I guess if I were as successful as you I'd be the same way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-18-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I seriously doubt that.

But anyways... who are your keepers GF?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
But seriously. I just decided it was more fun to be unrestrained on a damn message board. Playing antagonist is fun (Right, D?).
Old 02-19-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
But seriously. I just decided it was more fun to be unrestrained on a damn message board. Playing antagonist is fun (Right, D?).
I still love you. That's for sure. ^_^
Old 02-19-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I seriously doubt that.

But anyways... who are your keepers GF?
I don't know yet. I'll decide at some point soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now my keepers would be:

1. Adrian Gonzalez
2. Adrian Beltre
3. Carlos Santana
4. Felix Hernandez
5. Dan Haren
and then some combination of 3 of Jhonny Peralta, Erick Aybar, Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, Alex Rios, Justin Masterson, and Max Scherzer. Dammit why couldn't we have stayed with 12 keepers, now I'm going to have a difficult decision to make. Minor league wise, I'll be keeping Matt Moore, Dylan Bundy, and then either Betances or Odorizzi.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Right now my keepers would be:

1. Adrian Gonzalez
2. Adrian Beltre
3. Carlos Santana
4. Felix Hernandez
5. Dan Haren
and then some combination of 3 of Jhonny Peralta, Erick Aybar, Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, Alex Rios, Justin Masterson, and Max Scherzer. Dammit why couldn't we have stayed with 12 keepers, now I'm going to have a difficult decision to make. Minor league wise, I'll be keeping Matt Moore, Dylan Bundy, and then either Betances or Odorizzi.
You're telling me. I was 4th, but my last out guys were better than anyone's. I'll be lucky just to keep the team I had.

Also, you didn't ask my opinion, but your decision really isn't that hard at all. Crisp, Willingham, and Masterson shouldn't even be considered.

Keep Rios, Scherzer and Aybar or Peralta. Rios and Scherzer are simply the 2 best players you have left, and shortstops are hard to find in this league.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-19-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sometimes I think Xiomera and D-Unit are the same person, arguing with their alter ego in some sort of desperate attempt for attention ;)
Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
sometimes I think Xiomera and D-Unit are the same person, arguing with their alter ego in some sort of desperate attempt for attention ;)
And the rest of the time?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're telling me. I was 4th, but my last out guys were better than anyone's. I'll be lucky just to keep the team I had.

Also, you didn't ask my opinion, but your decision really isn't that hard at all. Crisp, Willingham, and Masterson shouldn't even be considered.

Keep Rios, Scherzer and Aybar or Peralta. Rios and Scherzer are simply the 2 best players you have left, and shortstops are hard to find in this league.
Thanks. I was thinking that if I had to choose right now that I would go with Scherzer, Aybar, and Peralta, in fact I selected those 3 on ESPN just in case I would forget to select them later on before the deadline. With how few good options there are at SS, I should be able to move Peralta or Aybar after the draft to someone who needs a SS. I'm still going to do some thinking on it and will probably change my mind several times between now and the lock date. I'm not a big fan of Rios given how ****** he was last year, but the talent is there, and he is a good candidate to bounce back given his low BABIP(.227), good LD%, and the fact that he cut back on his strikeouts, so he remains an option.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Should I just say now who I want to draft with the 1st pick?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you want. Whoever you don't take, djp will take, so there's not much mystery in the top 2 picks.