Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is if he starts the year in the minors.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He is if he starts the year in the minors.
Hes injured for 3 months, was slated to be the everyday catcher before he got injured like 3 days ago. I think he should have to be DL-ed if D wants to keep him on his roster. He was called up last August and never sent back down, he should not be Minor League eligible.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok that makes sense.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team Three-Peat

C J.P. Arencibia
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Johnny Giavotella
SS J.J. Hardy
3B Jose Bautista
IF Sean Rodriguez
OF Nick Swisher
OF Nick Markakis
OF Austin Jackson
OF Brennan Boesch
UTIL Carlos Pena
UTIL Mike Carp
BN Brent Morel

P Justin Verlander
P Jered Weaver
P Ervin Santana
P Doug Fister
P Sergio Santos
P Mariano Rivera
P Brandon League

BN Matt Thornton
BN Francisco Cordero
BN Luke Hochevar
BN Brian Fuentes
BN Jake Peavy
BN Scott Downs
Old 03-20-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I believe ccb, djp, and d still have to make their last picks. When you are finished, please post your final rosters in this thread. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final roster. Really happy with it, and I like my shot to take down Xio.

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Adrian Gonzalez
2B: Howard Kendrick
3B: Adrian Beltre
SS: Erick Aybar
IF: Jhonny Peralta
OF: Jeff Francoeur
OF: Torii Hunter
OF: Coco Crisp
OF: Michael Brantley
UT: Mitch Moreland
UT: Brian Roberts
BN: Eric Thames
BN: Kyle Seager

P: Felix Hernandez
P: Dan Haren
P: Max Scherzer
P: Matt Moore
P: Scott Baker
P: Henderson Alvarez
P: David Robertson
BN: Mike Adams
BN: Joaquin Benoit
BN: Jesse Crain
BN: Greg Holland

MiLB roster:
Dylan Bundy P Baltimore Orioles
Jake Odorizzi P Kansas City Royals
Francisco Lindor SS Cleveland Indians
Jake Marisnick OF Toronto Blue Jays

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 03-21-2012 at 12:04 AM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final roster. Pretty indifferent to it, I like my chances at finishing middle of the pack again.

C- Mike Napoli
1B- Paul Konerko
2B- Jemile Weeks
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
OF- Brett Gardner
OF- Alex Gordon
OF- Josh Willingham
OF- Delmon Young
UT- Yunel Escobar
UT- Dayan Viciedo
B- Robert Andino
B- Vernon Wells
B- Rajai Davis
B- Chris Davis
B- Anthony Gose- Minor leaguer

P- Josh Beckett
P- Ricky Romero
P- Derek Holland
P- Matt Harrison
P- Kyle Farnsworth
P- Jarrod Parker
P- Francisco Liriano
B- Felipe Paulino
B- Phillip Humber
B- Rafael Soriano
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Final roster. Pretty indifferent to it, I like my chances at finishing middle of the pack again.

C- Mike Napoli
1B- Paul Konerko
2B- Jemile Weeks
3B- Alex Rodriguez
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
OF- Brett Gardner
OF- Alex Gordon
OF- Josh Willingham
OF- Delmon Young
UT- Yunel Escobar
UT- Dayan Viciedo
B- Robert Andino
B- Vernon Wells
B- Rajai Davis
B- Chris Davis
B- Anthony Gose- Minor leaguer

P- Josh Beckett
P- Ricky Romero
P- Derek Holland
P- Matt Harrison
P- Kyle Farnsworth
P- Jarrod Parker
P- Francisco Liriano
B- Felipe Paulino
B- Phillip Humber
B- Rafael Soriano
Looks like an EXCELLENT squad. Kind of jealous to be honest.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C Alex Avila
1B Justin Smoak
2B Dustin Pedroia
SS Alcides Escobar
3B Mark Reynolds
IF Dustin Ackley
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Carl Crawford
OF Colby Rasmus
Util Billy Butler
Util Matt Joyce
P Jon Lester
P CJ Wilson
P Justin Masterson
P Gavin Floyd
P Matt Capps
P Ivan Nova
P Rick Porcello

BN Ryan Raburn
BN Ben Revere
BN Dallas Braden
BN Jake Arrieta
BN Ryan Doumit
BN Koji Uehara

Mil SS Manny Machado
Mil OF Wil Myers
Mil SP Taijuan Walker
Mil SP A.J. Cole

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Prospects don't matter.
Sorry I just saw this. I think they matter but it depends on how far away they are. Low A ballers have plenty of time to flame out but someone like Ackley who I had last year is a good addition. Whoever has Brett Lawrie from last year has a top 20 AL player now which is a big addition to a team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sorry I just saw this. I think they matter but it depends on how far away they are. Low A ballers have plenty of time to flame out but someone like Ackley who I had last year is a good addition. Whoever has Brett Lawrie from last year has a top 20 AL player now which is a big addition to a team.
I don't see Brett Lawrie's owner with a league championship ...

They don't matter until someone proves they do.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I don't see Brett Lawrie's owner with a league championship ...

They don't matter until someone proves they do.
Well maybe this year he gets one. They aren't the be all end all but they can certainly be a big upgrade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-21-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Xio, the only reason your team is on top is because you got Jose Bautista for like a dollar and you have Verlander and Weaver in a league that favors starting pitching. It's not that complicated.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

And I agree on the prospects; I was happy to get Desmond Jennings on my team for free.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C Kurt Suzuki, OAK
1B Albert Pujols, LAA
2B Robinson Cano, NYY
3B Brett Lawrie, TOR
SS Cliff Pennington, OAK
IF Eric Hosmer, KC
OF Ichiro, SEA
OF Ben Zobrist, TB
OF Denard Span, MIN
OF Cody Ross, BOS
UTIL David Ortiz, BOS
UTIL Justin Morneau, MIN
B Chris Ianetta (C), LAA
B Jamey Carroll (2B/SS), MIN
B

Thoughts?

P Brandon McCarthy, OAK
P Jordan Walden, LAA
P Brett Anderson, OAK
P Chris Sale, CWS
P Clay Buchholz, BOS
P Daniel Bard, BOS
P Addison Reed, CWS
B Glen Perkins, MIN
B Brian Matusz, BAL
B Zach Britton, BAL
Old 03-21-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
C Kurt Suzuki, OAK
1B Albert Pujols, LAA
2B Robinson Cano, NYY
3B Brett Lawrie, TOR
SS Cliff Pennington, OAK
IF Eric Hosmer, KC
OF Ichiro, SEA
OF Ben Zobrist, TB
OF Denard Span, MIN
OF Cody Ross, BOS
UTIL David Ortiz, BOS
UTIL Justin Morneau, MIN
B Chris Ianetta (C), LAA
B Jamey Carroll (2B/SS), MIN
B

Thoughts?

P Brandon McCarthy, OAK
P Jordan Walden, LAA
P Brett Anderson, OAK
P Chris Sale, CWS
P Clay Buchholz, BOS
P Daniel Bard, BOS
P Addison Reed, CWS
B Glen Perkins, MIN
B Brian Matusz, BAL
B Zach Britton, BAL
Need pitching. I really like your hitting, that infield is insane, and you've got some solid or better OF. Your RP is fine, but having McCarthy as your ace is, to put it kindly, not good.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

D, please list your roster so I can finishing entering everyone's rosters.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Xio, the only reason your team is on top is because you got Jose Bautista for like a dollar and you have Verlander and Weaver in a league that favors starting pitching. It's not that complicated.
I would disagree, but telling you why might compromise my ability to destroy you all again this year.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

You also use relief pitchers much better than everyone else.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D, please list your roster so I can finishing entering everyone's rosters.
Sorry, I thought I had.

C Joe Mauer
1B Prince Fielder
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Kevin Youkilis
SS Derek Jeter
IF Adam Dunn
OF Curtis Granderson
OF Yeonis Cespedes
OF Peter Bourjos
OF Raul Ibanez
UT Gordon Beckham
UT Seth Smith

P CC Sabathia
P Jeremy Hellickson
P Brandon Morrow
P Colby Lewis
P Jonathan Sanchez
P Andy Pettite
P Danny Duffy
BN Alexi Ogando
BN Jose Valverde
BN Joe Nathan
BN Chris Perez
BN Grant Balfour
BN Jonathan Broxton

ML Danny Hultzen
ML Bubba Starling
ML Dellin Betances
ML Drew Smyly
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok everything is entered.

CCB, somehow I missed one of your guys or something, so let me know and I'll add him.

I'll update the minor league rosters later.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, Xio, I think you didn't draft a minor league player, so you have one too many major league players (you have 26 guys on your roster above).

Right now Francisco Cordero isn't on your roster, but I'm assuming you'd rather drop someone else. Please let me know.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Also, Xio, I think you didn't draft a minor league player, so you have one too many major league players (you have 26 guys on your roster above).

Right now Francisco Cordero isn't on your roster, but I'm assuming you'd rather drop someone else. Please let me know.
Drop Scott Downs from my roster in place of Cordero please.

(Thought it sounds like Giavotella is getting sent down to the minors ....)
Old 03-23-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok, I think the minor league rosters are set, but I wasn't sure in some cases if a guy was drafted for the majors or minors. It'll work itself out once 25-man rosters are set anyway.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ok, I think the minor league rosters are set, but I wasn't sure in some cases if a guy was drafted for the majors or minors. It'll work itself out once 25-man rosters are set anyway.
I only have 3 prospects. Can I name one now?

Nick Castellanos, 3B, Tigers

Last edited by Xiomera : 03-23-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote