Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-13-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
i remember when i thought john brantley would help the gators not miss a beat...

i just underestimated the fact that we have college football's least qualified offensive coordinator.
Players, not plays. I used to think Mullen only had five plays in his playbook (read option, speed option/shovel pass, QB power, screen to Harvin, and trap). It worked because Tebow and Harvin made it work.

Addazio's not the problem. Brantley's a square peg in a round hole. It's the 06 offense with Leak all over again, with Burton playing the Tebow/redzone QB role. It's no different.

Points isn't the problem. The defense gives up way, way, way too many big plays, like I said they would going into this season. You do not graduate that much talent and not feel the repercussions.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Points isn't the problem. The defense gives up way, way, way too many big plays, like I said they would going into this season. You do not graduate that much talent and not feel the repercussions.
Could've been talking about Bama there, YFS. We feel your pain b/c it hurts in the same place, too many defensive starters gone. 2 freshman corners getting OJT, highly ranked & speedy but still learning at the next level, & oh boy howdy does Alabama really miss Rolando McClain in the middle.

Ole Miss already smelling blood in the water after the Bama loss, talking trash, tugging on Superman's cape....

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b6nZn
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida's situation reminds me of Tennessee in 08.
- Highly ranked team with national title hopes.
- New highly recruited QB taking over for a 3 year+ starter.
- Trying to find a new offensive identity.

Florida obviously isn't going to end up with a losing record. I just remember being fairly skeptical of all the John Brantley hype before the season. Maybe he'll have a surge later in his career like Crompton.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Ole Miss....Black Bears? Guess it's better than Hotty Toddy.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
The Ole Miss....Black Bears? Guess it's better than Hotty Toddy.
My buddy and I were just talking about this. The Rebel Black Bears? What exactly does a Rebel Black Bear rebel against? Hibernation?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are still the Ole Miss Rebels, but our on field mascot is a Bear. They took away the old mascot, Colonel Reb, 7 years ago so our school was without an on field mascot for that long but people bitched hard enough to get a new one. Most people are pretty pissed in that they wanted Colonel Reb or nothing since we are the Rebels and I agree with those sentiments.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Could've been talking about Bama there, YFS. We feel your pain b/c it hurts in the same place, too many defensive starters gone. 2 freshman corners getting OJT, highly ranked & speedy but still learning at the next level, & oh boy howdy does Alabama really miss Rolando McClain in the middle.

Ole Miss already smelling blood in the water after the Bama loss, talking trash, tugging on Superman's cape....

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b6nZn
Yup, it sucks, but it's pretty much what I expected. We have the 2006 offense mixed with the 2007 defense. Not exactly a recipe for success.

I thought very highly of Brantley coming into this year, but I really thought they'd tweak the run:pass ratio and all but eliminate the option game from the offense.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New jersies! Raaaaaaaaawwwwwwwrrrrrrr!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
We are still the Ole Miss Rebels, but our on field mascot is a Bear. They took away the old mascot, Colonel Reb, 7 years ago so our school was without an on field mascot for that long but people bitched hard enough to get a new one. Most people are pretty pissed in that they wanted Colonel Reb or nothing since we are the Rebels and I agree with those sentiments.
I agree too, DV. It's all about political correctness. The Rebel brand & specifically the Confederate battle flag have taken huge hits in the name of PC & IMO that's just so much crap.

I played at an R. E. Lee HS in Texas (San Antonio, not Midland) way back in the day & we had small Confederate flags on the uni shoulders & our mascot was the Mad Rebel. About 12 yrs. ago PC pressure forced them to change the logo, mascot, & the unis. That just dilutes the achievements of the past teams, & btw that included a state 5A championship in 1972. Sadly my HS hasn't done much lately & that even further diminishes the winning tradition of the past. The "old logo" of the Confederate flag now is associated with the winning seasons only, & that's just wrong.

Those who changed it s/b reminded that the Rebel flag & Colonel Reb relate to the U. of Mississippi, not the Civil War.

About the Rebel flag, I saw a bumper sticker way out here on the west coast about 5 yrs. ago that showed the flag with this caption: HERITAGE, NOT HATE. FLY IT! I agree 100%. I've seen it a lot of other places since, including the South, Midwest, etc. The Civil War & slavery were over & done a very long time ago & anyone who had anything to do with it has been dead for about 3-4 generations, get over it.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I agree too, DV. It's all about political correctness. The Rebel brand & specifically the Confederate battle flag have taken huge hits in the name of PC & IMO that's just so much crap.

I played at an R. E. Lee HS in Texas (San Antonio, not Midland) way back in the day & we had small Confederate flags on the uni shoulders & our mascot was the Mad Rebel. About 12 yrs. ago PC pressure forced them to change the logo, mascot, & the unis. That just dilutes the achievements of the past teams, & btw that included a state 5A championship in 1972. Sadly my HS hasn't done much lately & that even further diminishes the winning tradition of the past. The "old logo" of the Confederate flag now is associated with the winning seasons only, & that's just wrong.

Those who changed it s/b reminded that the Rebel flag & Colonel Reb relate to the U. of Mississippi, not the Civil War.

About the Rebel flag, I saw a bumper sticker way out here on the west coast about 5 yrs. ago that showed the flag with this caption: HERITAGE, NOT HATE. FLY IT! I agree 100%. I've seen it a lot of other places since, including the South, Midwest, etc. The Civil War & slavery were over & done a very long time ago & anyone who had anything to do with it has been dead for about 3-4 generations, get over it.
The sad thing is that the rebel flag has become so perverted from it's original intention. What was once a symbol for states' rights and resistance to federal political motives has become synonymous with racism. It's sad.

The Civil War and reconstruction eras are the most fascinating times in our country's history. Lincoln did more to shape the US into what it looks like today than any other president, for better or for worse. Problem is that Lincoln has become deified in our country, so most people can't look at anything he did with rational inquiry. It's just assumed that everything he did was perfect and right.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Doncha just love the SEC?

Cam Newton has gone from a probable jail cell in Gainesville for possession of a stolen laptop to taking bows for 217 rushing yds vs LSU & a Heisman frontrunner at Auburn in < 3 yrs.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mississippi State DE Nick Bell passed away today, he wasn't getting oxygen to his brain during his bout with cancer. Very sad RIP.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gator...eam/#more-6952

Quote:
Florida’s incredible 2010 recruiting class looks a little less incredible today.

Gators coach Urban Meyer announced the dismissal of FS Jonathan Dowling for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

There is no chance of Dowling earning reinstatement. “Done,” Meyer said.

He is the third player from the freshman class to leave the program. WR Adrian Coxson and DB Jordan Haden opted to transfer prior to the start of the season.

Dowling was on the roster for Saturday’s game against Georgia, but did not play. The only games he played this year were Miami (Ohio) and Kentucky.

Dowling was a four-star recruit out of Bradenton-Southeast. ESPN ranked him the No. 10 recruit in the country last year. His departure opens up an extra scholarship for the Gators’ upcoming signing class.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

alabamas defense on the road is avg 21.2 points per game.
at home... 6.4! holy **** that is ridiculous.

this iron bowl is going to be craaaaazy.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Anybody ready for the All SEC team?

Probable NFL 1st rounders in bold.

QB - Cam Newton, Auburn: 1st in total TDs

RBs - Marcus Lattimore, SCAR: Best frreshman in the country
Trent Richardson, Alabama: 6.9 yds/carry

OL - Derek Sherrod, Miss. St
Clint Boling, UGA
Lee Ziemba, Auburn
JamesCarpenter, Alabama
?????? centers, Pouncey? Jones, UGA? Pugh, Auburn? Vlachos, Bama?????

WRs - Alshon Jeffrey, SCAR
AJ Green, UGA

DL - Marcel Dareus, Alabama
Drake Nevis, LSU
Cliff Matthews, SCAR
Nick Fairley, Auburn
Jerrel Powe, Mississippi

LBs - Kelvin Sheppard, LSU
Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
Craig Stevens, Auburn
???? Chris Marve, Vanderbilt???your pick here ???????

DBs - Patrick Peterson, LSU
Stephon Gilmore, SCAR
Mark Barron, Alabama
???? Will Hill, Florida ???? Janzen Jackson, Tennessee???

K - Blair Walsh, UGA
P - Drew Butler, UGA
RS - Randall Cobb, Kentucky, Brandon Boykin, UGA, ??????

Let's hear yours.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty solid list

Josh Bynes probably deserves to make it at LB though
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Nice list. For likely first rounders I would also bold Fairley and Gilmore, and I would say Pugh is the first team center. 5000 posts woohoo!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah dont think craig stevens should be in there, other than that good list and i agree with fairley and gilmore being 1sts. dont know who else to put in at olb.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Taylor > Cliff Matthews this year. Cliff was playing with a shoulder brace and has only just started playing well, since he got it off a few weeks ago. Taylor has 8 sacks this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahmad Black has to be on there at one of the Safety spots! Dude is our MVP this year and our best tackler.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Show Danny Trevathan some love and throw him a LB spot.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Show Danny Trevathan some love and throw him a LB spot.
thats who i was thinkin of. beasted it against auburn and looked very good.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...331/1025/RSS02

Quote:
Ole Miss coach Houston Nutt said Tuesday that he's suspended true freshmen Tony Grimes, a defensive back, and Delvin Jones, a defensive lineman, for a violation of team rules.

Nutt said the suspensions were indefinite. Both were touted members of the Rebels' 2010 signing class out of Florida.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I remember Delvin Jones. He was a UT commitment for a while. I think you even asked one of us about him way back when, Sniper. Dude's a freak athlete. Hope he gets his **** together cause I was really interested in seeing what he could become.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.