Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wow. The Eagles got ROBBED.

A 4th and a 5th and a cheeseburger for Brown? Thats highway robbery. Brown is an unbelievable CB.

I can see this making sense if the Eagles nab Nmandi, but unless they do, that secondary takes a huge hit.

If the Eagles don't land Nmandi, they're basically admitting that this is a rebuilding year.

Granted, Brown is old and the Eagles are great at knowing exactly when to let go of aging players, but still, I rather keep him for another year and try to make a run than land a 4th and a 5th for such a quality player. I personally think Brown has like 2 years left in him at least.

Brown was the best CB in the East last year.
Its like I said in the Eagles forum, the only way this makes any sense for the Eagles is if they expect to get a relatively high pick, as well as Aso, in a MCNabb trade. If not, this is definitely a rebuilding year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Its like I said in the Eagles forum, the only way this makes any sense for the Eagles is if they expect to get a relatively high pick, as well as Aso, in a MCNabb trade. If not, this is definitely a rebuilding year.
even then though, i see no point of giving up Sheldon for a 4th and a 5th. I mean really? A 4th and a 5th is worth that much more to the the team than having Sheldon for 1 or 2 more years?

You can draft his replacement or bring in Aso while still having Sheldon. And how sick would that be? Instead, now, its like a lateral move almost at best.

I just see no reason to accept so little for such a quality player.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
A 4th and a 5th and a cheeseburger for Brown?
Alex Hall is a pretty tasty cheeseburger.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
This new Eagles GM is screwing the team.
Don't forget its really Andy and Joe Banner who make the decisions, not Howie Roseman.
eagles6606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles6606 View Post
Don't forget its really Andy and Joe Banner who make the decisions, not Howie Roseman.
However, it seems that Roseman is being screwed and screwing the team at the same time.

Confusing.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles6606 View Post
Then Andy and Joe Banner are really double-penetrating the Eagles in a non-consensual way and Roseman is holding the video camera and pressing record while it happens.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
However, it seems that Roseman is being screwed and screwing the team at the same time.

Confusing.
thats called a threesome

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
if Berry is gone then Spiller, Bryant, etc. sound good. Not so sure we'd take those guys though. I think they'd try to trade up or down aggresively to get a guy they really want instead. Earl Thomas could be one to watch.
I had a dream i missed the draft and we got Clausen.

ITS DESTINY.

I also had a dream I punched a kid out on the golf course I work at because he took his cart off the cart path.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also for the draft, no way we grab Spiller with Harrison, Hillis, Davis, and Jennings... Harrison/Hillis have shown that they both have something as well as Jennings and Davis was drafted last year and hyped pretty well.

Browns should either grab a RT, Bryant, or Berry with the first pick UNLESS they think Clausen is the answer.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I had a dream i missed the draft and we got Clausen.

ITS DESTINY.

I also had a dream I punched a kid out on the golf course I work at because he took his cart off the cart path.
I used to work at a golf course too. ************* always ******* up something with those carts. I miss it sometimes tho.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also for the draft, no way we grab Spiller with Harrison, Hillis, Davis, and Jennings... Harrison/Hillis have shown that they both have something as well as Jennings and Davis was drafted last year and hyped pretty well.

Browns should either grab a RT, Bryant, or Berry with the first pick UNLESS they think Clausen is the answer.
I agree about Spiller, I don't think he should/will be the guy at 7. If Berry isn't there, it would be ideal to move down like last year, even if we get bashed for taking too little in the trade again.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell, I could see the Browns taking McClain before Spiller.

I think Berry is a lock for them if he's still on the board though.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes no sense unless we get Asomugha in a McNabb trade, but like bigblue said I thought that we could get more compensation for Sheldon Brown. However, the Eagles don’t strike out on trades too often, I trust their instinct.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Gocong should've played in a 3-4.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this trade is as bad as some are making out to be. Sheldon Brown was a very good corner for the Eagles but his play did decline towards the end of the last season and given his age and the fact that he wanted a new contract, this was probably the best time to move him. Could they have gotten more for him? I'm not so sure because how many teams want to pay an aging corner who is starting to show decline? I don't think too many especially for higher picks.

Chris Gocong didn't fit the Eagles' defense and outside of 2008 he was really a non-factor. I don't think acquiring Alex Hall was a better fit for the defense, but I think he's looked at more for his special teams potential.

This draft is plenty deep with secondary players and with Donovan McNabb possibly on the move, it's hard to tell what pieces will added and drafted before next season starts. If they don't fit a suitable replacement for Brown then it will be a failure, but at this point I don't think it was too bad of a deal for either side.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

One thing to remember: as good as Brown was in the past for the team, he is 31 years old, suffering from a hamstring injury, and at best has 2 years left in the tank.

The position needed to be upgraded at some point anyway. Now we know that the there is a 95% chance the Eagles go DB in the first round - Kyle Wilson, Earl Thomas, Devin McCourty, or massive trade-up for Eric Berry.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this rate Oakland's going to get McNabb for a 3rd rounder and Stanford Routt.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
At this rate Oakland's going to get McNabb for a 3rd rounder and Stanford Routt.
Or trade straight up for sorgi.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or trade straight up for sorgi.
Championship.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmm wait... we really just traded a great athlete at SLB with potential to blow up in a 3-4 defense and our best corner for a scrub and some spare draft picks?!

ANDY THAT WAS SO ************* STUPID OF YOU TO DO!

EDIT: But this isn't a good deal for the Browns either. Eagles lose starting CB but the Browns are rebuilding and don't need a 31 year old CB

Last edited by Thumper : 04-02-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All kidding aside, this is a very good deal for the Browns.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns defense is really getting better. If they get Berry, they'll have three fourths of a very awesome secondary. Now only if they get a QB, they could be a sleeper team.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
All kidding aside, this is a very good deal for the Browns.
It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.
Hamstring injury, ever heard of one?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
PhysicalwithanF
Rookie

PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.PhysicalwithanF could make a wolverine purr.

Lets all be honest here..the truly important implication of this trade is that Joe Haden could slide to the Niners. ..
PhysicalwithanF is offline   Reply With Quote