Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice job Browns.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The Browns defense is really getting better. If they get Berry, they'll have three fourths of a very awesome secondary. Now only if they get a QB, they could be a sleeper team.
But we got Delhomme and Wallace whatta ya mean!?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.
Jesus christ man all you do is hate on the Browns.

WERE GONNA BE DEVESTATED BY THE LOSS OF ALEX HALL AND A 4TH AND 5TH.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 04-02-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I didn't know Art Modell was into the whole internet message board draft community.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Jesus christ man all you do is hate on the Browns.

WERE GONNA BE DEVESTATED BY THE LOSS OF ALEX HALL AND A 4TH AND 5TH.
Gocong was garbage for us, he is really athletic and a former DE so maybe a 3-4 defense can fix him but I doubt it, he tested better than Merriman at the combine so he has the ability. Alex Hall is better than him though.

And Sheldon Brown is 31 and entering his 10th year in the NFL so it isn't like he is going to be around for a long time. He was abused at the end of last season, he gave up 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games and was overall just terrible. He was amazing for the first half but you could see him start to run out of gas, he turned from shutdown corner to turnstile as quickly as you possibly can. He'll probably start off hot again after he is rested but he sure isn't going to be a building block for your defense or anything.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Gocong was garbage for us, he is really athletic and a former DE so maybe a 3-4 defense can fix him but I doubt it, he tested better than Merriman at the combine so he has the ability. Alex Hall is better than him though.

And Sheldon Brown is 31 and entering his 10th year in the NFL so it isn't like he is going to be around for a long time. He was abused at the end of last season, he gave up 3 touchdowns in the last 3 games and was overall just terrible. He was amazing for the first half but you could see him start to run out of gas, he turned from shutdown corner to turnstile as quickly as you possibly can. He'll probably start off hot again after he is rested but he sure isn't going to be a building block for your defense or anything.
Again, hamstring injury? That kind of has that effect on CBs.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good trade for the Browns. It seems like the Eagles are preparing to fill that other spot though. I think McNabb + something else for Asomugha would be a good trade for both teams at this point.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Ummmm wait... we really just traded a great athlete at SLB with potential to blow up in a 3-4 defense and our best corner for a scrub and some spare draft picks?!

ANDY THAT WAS SO ************* STUPID OF YOU TO DO!
What changed in the last two hours?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Again, hamstring injury? That kind of has that effect on CBs.
Right, I'm just saying its not like they pulled one over on the Eagles, Sheldon Brown is 31 and struggled at the end of last year.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This made me laugh very hard. Ahhhh, the concept of homer logic will forever amuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
I was gonna quote the same thing ROFL.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Ummmm wait... we really just traded a great athlete at SLB with potential to blow up in a 3-4 defense and our best corner for a scrub and some spare draft picks?!
Quote:
Right, I'm just saying its not like they pulled one over on the Eagles, Sheldon Brown is 31 and struggled at the end of last year.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You have to be kidding me.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nothing. I still like Sheldon Brown and I think it was dumb to trade him for so little but it isn't like the Browns just got some super stud because they didn't. Sheldon is 31 and struggled at the end of last season, he is a good player and I really like him but the Browns didn't pull of a mega-steal, they got a good aging/veteran player for some mid round picks and a young linebacker. Right now it looks like the Eagles lost on this deal but don't think Sheldon is going to be the same Sheldon Brown as he has been.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

We got one of the best veteran cornerbacks in the league to pair up with one of the very good young cornerbacks in the league, sounds pretty ******* fantastic to me.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing. I still like Sheldon Brown and I think it was dumb to trade him for so little but it isn't like the Browns just got some super stud because they didn't. Sheldon is 31 and struggled at the end of last season, he is a good player and I really like him but the Browns didn't pull of a mega-steal, they got a good aging/veteran player for some mid round picks and a young linebacker. Right now it looks like the Eagles lost on this deal but don't think Sheldon is going to be the same Sheldon Brown as he has been.
You can't just play off going from swearing and posting in all caps to saying Sheldon Brown is probably no good anymore and the trade wasn't that bad.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the trade for the Browns.

We got a 26 year old, 5 year veteran who has 4 career sacks. Yea, he might be a better fit in the 3-4 as I liked him coming out of Cal-Poly, but I think the Browns could have gotten someone just as good in the 4th or 5th round while being 3-5 years younger. Marcus Benard, for example, was an undrafted free agent with 3.5 sacks in 6 games last year.

Sheldon Brown is a good corner, but he's 31. Is he going to be around when the Browns are making any kind of meaningful push towards the playoffs? I tend to doubt it.

I hope that if Berry is off the board, this doesn't rule out Joe Haden for our pick. I think that'd be silly.

Alex Hall was a nice athlete, but he never did anything, so he won't be missed, but I'd rather have kept the draft picks.

I'm inclined to believe that the Eagles were willing to create a hole in their defense because they wanted to get rid of Brown a year too early than a year too late.

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 04-02-2010 at 05:10 PM.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a steal. Gocong is going to be somewhat decent at least in a 3-4, he might be even pretty good in a 3-4 scheme.

Sheldon is a stud veteran CB who has a couple of years left in the tank and brings winning pedigree to a team who needs some veteran leadership.

And all they did was trade a bag of peanuts for that. It was robbery.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
We got one of the best veteran cornerbacks in the league to pair up with one of the very good young cornerbacks in the league, sounds pretty ******* fantastic to me.
Yes, but they're only as good as your pass rush allows them to be. Oh, ****. I guess the Browns are still ****** then.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You can't just play off going from swearing and posting in all caps to saying Sheldon Brown is no good anymore and the trade wasn't that bad.
Oh it was a bad trade in the short-run, but I can't let Browns fans think they got a super steal because they really didn't, calm down, the Browns still suck fat *****. Congrats, you got a solid veteran player, but he is 31 and isn't going to get better and he provides little to no long term value. Had this trade been to a contender, this would be a steal but Brown literally brings nothing to a rebuilding team.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
It all depends on how much Brown has left in the tank.

There is a strong possibility that, at 31 years old with an injury history, he might have seen his last effective year in Philadlephia, and not Cleveland.

He really got worse down the stretch in 2009. He clearly has lost a step in coverage. I firmly believe that he's seen his best days as a corner.
What ever makes you feel better about the trade.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. When Thumper and Sniper agree on something about the eagles it pretty much has to be true.

2. It is obvious that the Eagles are getting ready to start over again. They have been ready for it for years now. Look at all the veteran talent that they have unloaded in the past two off seasons. I dare not even try to list the names but it is easily more than half the starters/primary backups (NBs 2nd RBs). They are jumping head first into rebuilding going to start over with the great core or young talent and will rebuild in 2 years so they will have half a shot at a deep playoff run in 3 years and get Andy Reid another contract extension.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
What ever makes you feel better about the trade.
Why would they trade Sheldon for so cheap? Intentionally **** themselves over? I doubt it. They know what he has left in the tank and what he brings to the table. If the FO thinks hes going to be washed up next season, Im plenty happy with them at least getting something in return.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex Hall isn't better than Chris Gocong. That's not saying much still. Hall got passed up by Marcus Benard late last year and was behind Roth, Wimbley, Benard at OLB, all this after David Bowens moved from OLB to ILB. Hall probably wouldn't have made the final cuts this year.

And regarding "not liking the trade for the Browns" - we gave up a 4th and 5th for a good cornerback and another rotational linebacker...it's a win win situation. We weren't gonna get that with those draft picks. Even if Brown plays the 3 years he's signed on for and is anywhere close to what he's been the last few years it was worth it. Without Brown we have Brandon "I should be 4th string" McDonald starting at RCB and are pretty much forced to draft a CB in round 2 if not in round 1.

Regarding knowing what he has left in the tank, I think Tom Heckert has an idea about that too. If Philly thinks he only has 2 good years left, I'm sure Heckert knows that.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 04-02-2010 at 05:28 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

It was not a great deal by any means for the Eagles.

BUT

If you're a Browns fan, don't think for a moment you just got Derelle Revis or anything like that for cheap. Sheldon is a 31 year old CB who has 2 years more left in the tank, MAX, and he really struggled down the stretch last year, so you're basically getting a potential starter with some serious question marks who will be with the team for 1-2 years at best, in all likelihood.

I think the Eagles would have been smart to get higher picks for him, as in possibly a 3rd round pick, but he was likely to be cut in 2011 or thereabouts anyway, and it's good to get something for guys instead of just cutting them outright.

Gocong is a marginal starter who may or may not contribute in the Browns 3-4, but he's definitely not getting the job done in Philly after 3-4 years.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't like how one of my favorite football teams was getting raped by a team in the state of Ohio. I'm certainly not enjoying the double penetration from Ohio. Thanks a lot, Reid.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote