Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

go_ravens94 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default JUSTIN BLALOCk!

JUSTIN BLALOCK WILL NEVER BE DRAFTED by THE RAVENS!

If anyone disagrees, post it here.

There are too many mocks giving us Blalock. ATTENTION MOCKERS!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Moss or Brown won't reach you and Blalock is a better Guard prospect than Aaron "the weakling" Sears who won't cut it out at Tackle.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well Moss or Brown won't reach you and Blalock is a better Guard prospect than Aaron "the weakling" Sears who won't cut it out at Tackle.
Arron Sears is a versatile player.

Blalock is the next Mike Williams. Compare their playing styles and you will see the next bust.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well blalock is a versatile player also
but if levi brown somehow falls to us i think that will be our pick

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ravens94 View Post
Arron Sears is a versatile player.

Blalock is the next Mike Williams. Compare their playing styles and you will see the next bust.
I don't see any similarity between the 2 players other than the school they played for. How is that a just comparison? What separates Sears from Blalock in your opinion?
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see any similarity between the 2 players other than the school they played for. How is that a just comparison? What separates Sears from Blalock in your opinion?
Sears can play Tackle, which is what we need; Brian Rimpf has starting experience, as does Key Vincent.

The way they become a bust is not my comparison. My point is he is a bust in our system. He would fit in your system. I said the RAVENS won't draft him, I'm not saying he'd suck for another team...

Sears also reminds me a bit of Jason Brown at Guard, and he filled in admirably last year when Ed Mulitalo was out.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
well blalock is a versatile player also
but if levi brown somehow falls to us i think that will be our pick
I love Levi Brown! He is a good player that may fall to us.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sears can play Tackle, which is what we need; Brian Rimpf has starting experience, as does Key Vincent.

The way they become a bust is not my comparison. My point is he is a bust in our system. He would fit in your system. I said the RAVENS won't draft him, I'm not saying he'd suck for another team...

Sears also reminds me a bit of Jason Brown at Guard, and he filled in admirably last year when Ed Mulitalo was out.
If you want to draft a tackle, I would not suggest Arron Sears as he does not project well there in the NFL. He could work as a temporary solution, but he would be better suited at Guard. Blalock has played tackle for most of his college career and is very similar to Sears in that they could both perform spot duty at Tackle, but would be better Guard prospects. They share the same versatility.

As for tackle being your need, maybe you should take a look at Joe Staley, Tony Ugoh in the first or Doug Free or James Marten later on.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see Blaylock as a T, if we draft a G I say its gotta be Grubbs that guy will be a machine in the NFL.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Quote:
As for tackle being your need, maybe you should take a look at Joe Staley, Tony Ugoh in the first or Doug Free or James Marten later on.
I like all of those guys. Thanks, DUnit!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I dont see Blaylock as a T, if we draft a G I say its gotta be Grubbs that guy will be a machine in the NFL.
Heck ya, Grubbs should be the first Guard tacken. Late first, early second round.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind if Ogden stays, we take Grubbs and have him battle it out with Vincent and when he beats vincent our o-line of the future can be

LT-Adam Terry
LG-Jason Brown*
C-Chris Chester
RG-Ben Grubbs*
RT-2008 first day pick

*= may be interchangabile.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
go_ravens94
Veteran

Good, okay...
Old 03-15-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wouldnt mind if Ogden stays, we take Grubbs and have him battle it out with Vincent and when he beats vincent our o-line of the future can be

LT-Adam Terry
LG-Jason Brown*
C-Chris Chester
RG-Ben Grubbs*
RT-2008 first day pick

*= may be interchangabile.
Do you really want to spend a 1st round pick on a Guard though? Personally, I think Guards can be found later. You don't even have to look far... Tim Duckworth who was Grubbs teammate often outperformed Grubbs. Auburn frequently ran behind Duckworth on key downs. Though he doesn't get the hype that Grubbs does, he's certainly good in his own right. I honestly think that sometimes, scouts are quick to hand out good grades on players that have the "big name" in scouting circles... Guys like Duckworth don't get the hype, but they aren't that far behind in talent... and he'll go on Day 2.

In round 1, get a playmaker.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ozzie Newsome, Is that you?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Do you really want to spend a 1st round pick on a Guard though? Personally, I think Guards can be found later. You don't even have to look far... Tim Duckworth who was Grubbs teammate often outperformed Grubbs. Auburn frequently ran behind Duckworth on key downs. Though he doesn't get the hype that Grubbs does, he's certainly good in his own right. I honestly think that sometimes, scouts are quick to hand out good grades on players that have the "big name" in scouting circles... Guys like Duckworth don't get the hype, but they aren't that far behind in talent... and he'll go on Day 2.

In round 1, get a playmaker.

Good point, you can look at it in 2 ways, you can get beastly players in round 1, or you could build you your o-line and make average players look beastly. I think you have to look at the talent you have at your pick.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Good point, you can look at it in 2 ways, you can get beastly players in round 1, or you could build you your o-line and make average players look beastly. I think you have to look at the talent you have at your pick.
Just gotta figure out what's easier to do... find beastly players later in the draft or build the OL later in the draft... I would lean on building OL later, but that's just my thought. When was the last time you saw a SB team win with a beastly OL? 90's Cowboys?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

true and they were a dynasty, but my theory is a good o-line can make good players great, I guess you have to play the draft by ear and see what happens.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do not need a gaurd we need a tackle. If we are taking anyone on the line at our 1st pick its going to be either Tony Ugoh or Joe Staley, neither of which Id be estatic about but it fills the need. If we taking anyone on our line I want Ugoh. I think BPA is the way to go though.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I dont think Staley can play RT so unless we are that confident that Terry is RT we shouldnt take Staley
Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Well, don't draft a tackle in the first round if you're looking for a Right Tackle. That wouldn't be smart. A Left Tackle, yeah, those are first round worthy... and Staley will be a stud.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

true, if the Ravens took Staley Terry would be our RT, giving us to athletic Tackles.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Rimpf has a history of sucking while on the field, so does Vincent. Blalock would be a great pickup at the end of rd 1, and personally if we get him Ill be extremely pleased.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Rimpf has a history of sucking while on the field, so does Vincent. Blalock would be a great pickup at the end of rd 1, and personally if we get him Ill be extremely pleased.
I think all the Keydrick Vincent hate is unjustifiable. Everyone wants to replace him and say he sucks. But last year I made it a point to watch him play to what all the hate was for and I just couldnt see what was so sucky about him.

If people think we are weak at gaurd than Grubbs should be the choice but I am sooooooooooooooooooooo against drafting a gaurd and I have been for the longest time.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post

I agree, I wouldnt mind Blaylock, Grubbs, or Sears if JO comes back