Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
-black
Pro Bowler

-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.-black is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bucs to bring in Saints DE Charles Grant!!!!

BUCS BRINGING IN GRANT

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are bringing in Saints defensive end Charles Grant for a visit.

The significance? Grant carries the Saints' franchise tag.

By rule, Grant may sign an offer sheet with any other team. If the Saints should opt not to match, they would receive two first-round picks as compensation.

Such an outcome is highly unlikely, since the Bucs hold the fourth overall pick. And trading down before signing Grant isn't an option; the Bucs must give up their own first-rounder, not someone else's.

The more likely outcome is that, if the Bucs decide to make a play for Grant, Tampa and New Orleans will work out a trade. And with the Bucs potentially going for broke in 2007 under coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Bruce Allen, both of whom might be gone by next year, we wouldn't rule out a package including the Bucs' third-round pick in 2007 and a conditional pick in 2008.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

I would LOVE to get him for a 3rd and a conditional pick in 08
-black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it'll take alot to bring him here, and I don't think it would be worth the amount of draft picks we'd have to give up. It would at least be our second rounder, or maybe two 3rds.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see him on our team. He would add that extra bit of pass rush we have been lacking. Of course I would only condone this trade if it was for the right price.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A late 2nd or less and I would welcome this trade with open arms. Charles Grant is better than any DE in the draft this year IMO, especially since he fits our defense better than Anderson/Adams.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Bucsfan
Rookie

Bucsfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to see him here...but at what cost? I know we wouldnt give up 2 1st rounders..at least I hope not...I would rather have okoye and keep another 1st rounder
Old 03-16-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Merlin
Veteran

Merlin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Question

IMO, There's no way they're parting with 2 #1's for Grant, and I really doubt the Saints would work out a trade with a divisional rival that gives them anything less than those 2 #1's.

I think this is more about next season, Grant could be an UFA, one, who would have already toured the facility, and got a feel for the Bucs, it could put us in a solid postion to sign him, players love to feel wanted.