Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-16-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Potential Bucs trades on draft day...

I want to get some opinions from Bucs fans on who the Bucs might deal on draft day.

Donald Penn has already stated if he isnt going to be rewarded a contract, he will ask for a trade.

The Bucs have brought in LB's for visits, so Barrett Ruud could be out the door?

Im gonna go ahead and say the Bucs deal Barrett Ruud to the New York Giants for their 2nd and 6th round draft picks.

Use their 2nd rounders on WR(benn, tate, or thomas,) DE(hughes, Dunlap) and MLB(Sean Lee or Darryl Washington)

and 3rd rounder- CB (spievy, Murphey or Arenas)
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I think Josh Johnson has some trade value right now, maybe more then he will ever have so I think theres a slight chance he is traded.

I think the Giants would be the perfect trade partner for Ruud, but if McClain is there they grab him and don't worry about it . I think Washington is a OLB but I could be wrong..?? Well you could use that 2nd round pick on Spikes, a tougher but slower LB... I wouldn't mind seeing what Ruud can do in a contract year playing behind a improved Dline and in front of an improved secondary.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
I think Josh Johnson has some trade value right now, maybe more then he will ever have so I think theres a slight chance he is traded.

I think the Giants would be the perfect trade partner for Ruud, but if McClain is there they grab him and don't worry about it . I think Washington is a OLB but I could be wrong..?? Well you could use that 2nd round pick on Spikes, a tougher but slower LB... I wouldn't mind seeing what Ruud can do in a contract year playing behind a improved Dline and in front of an improved secondary.
The Lions have already declared that they have taken Spikes OFF their draft board for being too slow, in the T-2, where LBs are supposed to be even faster, I'm sure he's off the Vikings, Bucs, COlts, Panthers, and Bears boards as well.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Penn go if we grab Okung.

Ruud if we get a LB.

Leftwich go if the Steelers come a'callling

Clayton go if we get a used band-aid

either of our two DTs go if we get a 7th (Hovan Sims)

Derrick Ward go if the Lions or some other team wants the rest of his contract.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Penn go if we grab Okung.

Ruud if we get a LB.

Leftwich go if the Steelers come a'callling

Clayton go if we get a used band-aid

either of our two DTs go if we get a 7th (Hovan Sims)

Derrick Ward go if the Lions or some other team wants the rest of his contract.
And let it be done... 3.5 hours before the trade happened.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
TBBucs621
Rookie

TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.TBBucs621 is a cocksman.

We need to keep Ruud. He is the face of the team now, IMO. I like Okung if Suh has been drafted. Trade Penn as he has already shown with the weight gain he doesn't care about being here. Get a 3rd or 4th from Dallas.

I hope they keep Clayton as this is a make or break year for him. He is only getting $5 million this year and everyone thinks he is making a huge bonus. He is on the last year of his 2 year $10 million contract and if he blows up then he gets more money. If not he is gone. I like him and think he has mental issues that I hope get worked out. Sears also had issues last year and hope those are worked out. If we can get these 2 quality players to get back to their original playing form, then we have 2 new players IMO.

Derrick Ward must go and we need to get a good RB to help out Cadillac.
TBBucs621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

lol @ this is a make or break year for Clayton...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBBucs621 View Post
We need to keep Ruud. He is the face of the team now, IMO. I like Okung if Suh has been drafted. Trade Penn as he has already shown with the weight gain he doesn't care about being here. Get a 3rd or 4th from Dallas.

I hope they keep Clayton as this is a make or break year for him. He is only getting $5 million this year and everyone thinks he is making a huge bonus. He is on the last year of his 2 year $10 million contract and if he blows up then he gets more money. If not he is gone. I like him and think he has mental issues that I hope get worked out. Sears also had issues last year and hope those are worked out. If we can get these 2 quality players to get back to their original playing form, then we have 2 new players IMO.

Derrick Ward must go and we need to get a good RB to help out Cadillac.

I think Penn is worth a lot more than a 3rd or 4th, we could easily get a late 1st early 2nd
Old 04-21-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Weatherspoon starts to drop in the mid-20s, I think we try to trade up for him and then subsequently trade Ruud for a 2nd in result.

I don't see Penn getting traded. He's worth at least an early 2nd talent wise, but team's might be too scared with his weight issues last season and a new big contract they'd have to give him soon.

I'd love to see Derrick Ward go. Open up another spot on the roster to bring in a rookie RB with some potential, and get another late round pick to use to move up.

I'd be surprised if we wind up selecting at both #35 and #42 when it's all said and done. We're most likely going to move down or up from one of those.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What if we trade Ruud for Osi? We could take someone like Washington.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
What if we trade Ruud for Osi? We could take someone like Washington.
Osi and his bad knee and inability to stop the run? No thanks.

BTW, just looked at the schedule, Panthers are gonna be terrible, I'm thinking there are 4 easy wins on our schedule and 5 more games we should win... 9-7 is not out of the realm of possibility.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Osi, but wouldn't trade Ruud straight up for him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote