Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which second year RB will have the best season?
Reggie Bush 18 14.75%
Laurence Maroney 45 36.89%
LenDale White 6 4.92%
Joseph Addai 19 15.57%
Maurice Jones-Drew 19 15.57%
DeAngelo Williams 5 4.10%
Jerious Norwood 1 0.82%
Wali Lundy 2 1.64%
Mike Bell 5 4.10%
Other (Post Your Pick) 2 1.64%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maroney surprised me last year in that he was more hit-and-miss than I thought he'd be, especially with one of the league's better run-blocking offensive lines. I thought I was looking at a bigger Willie Parker at times, and I'm sure that frustrated head coach Bill Belichick.

But now that he has a year under his belt, especially in terms of getting comfortable with the offensive line, I expect him to improve and shine more often as we all think he can.

Last edited by Geo : 03-16-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Leon Washington!

Actually, I would have voted for Jones-Drew, but you didn't list Washington despite the fact that he rushed for more rushing yards than Reggie Bush, Jerious Norwood, LenDale White, Wali Lundy, etc.

Rankings in rushing yards for their rookie years:

1. Joseph Addai - 1081
2. Maurice Jones-Drew - 941
3. Laurence Maroney - 745
4. Mike Bell - 677
5. Leon Washington - 650

6. Jerious Norwood - 633
7. Reggie Bush - 565
8. DeAngelo Williams - 501
9. Wali Lundy - 476
10. LenDale White - 244
11. Michael Robinson - 116
12. Jerome Harrison - 60
13. Brian Calhoun - 16
14. P.J. Daniels - 0
14. Cedric Humes - 0
14. Quentin Ganther - 0

How you couldn't even include Leon Washington was a severe lack in judgement.

You can say "Well he's not going to be a number 1 next year," but neither are Bush, Norwood, Lundy, or Bell. And three of those guys got less yardage than Washington. So that's not a legit argument.

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-16-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
wierd that everyone except maroney will be sharing time....

so i say maroney
Joseph Addai and LENDALE WHITE!!!

=P

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-16-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jerious Norwood could get the lion's share of touches in Atlanta, he'd be a more serious candidate in my mind.

Last edited by Geo : 03-16-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im surprised addai has so few votes....he is the sole back with maroney, but he is an offense that will move more and gain more yards then almost all the others, and will focus alot of attention to the passing game, he can catch out the backfield, and is a workhorse type back, i think they were very happy he was still there, and i think he has the biggest year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Lendale White but Jones-Drew is a close 2nd
Old 03-16-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I have to say, Addai impressed me in not missing a game all year, despite getting nicked up as the season wore on. He played in 24 games, including the pre-season and post-season, which is twice that of the usual 12 in college. And add to that all of the work and stress placed into the pre-draft process by rookies, to get drafted as best you can.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

don't sleep on Leon Washington, he certainly won't have the stats of Maroney or Addai, but i guarantee he will be a major factor in the Jets passing and running game next season.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Leon Washington!

Actually, I would have voted for Jones-Drew, but you didn't list Washington despite the fact that he rushed for more rushing yards than Reggie Bush, Jerious Norwood, LenDale White, Wali Lundy, etc.

Rankings in rushing yards for their rookie years:

1. Joseph Addai - 1081
2. Maurice Jones-Drew - 941
3. Laurence Maroney - 745
4. Mike Bell - 677
5. Leon Washington - 650

6. Jerious Norwood - 633
7. Reggie Bush - 565
8. Wali Lundy - 476
9. LenDale White - 244
10. Michael Robinson - 116
11. Jerome Harrison - 60
12. Brian Calhoun - 16
13. P.J. Daniels - 0
13. Cedric Humes - 0
13. Quentin Ganther - 0

How you couldn't even include Leon Washington was a severe lack in judgement.

You can say "Well he's not going to be a number 1 next year," but neither are Bush, Norwood, Lundy, or Bell. And three of those guys got less yardage than Washington. So that's not a legit argument.
Then vote other is it that hard and by the way no way he has the best year out of those other backs the whole reason TJ wanted traded is because he wanted the ball more.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
don't sleep on Leon Washington, he certainly won't have the stats of Maroney or Addai, but i guarantee he will be a major factor in the Jets passing and running game next season.

He only started like 4 games and got 650 yards as a role player. My main beef with Mangini would be watching Leon tear off a couple nice runs, and then him go with Barlow for 3 straight plays and have us punt. That happened a lot.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Then vote other is it that hard and by the way no way he has the best year out of those other backs the whole reason TJ wanted traded is because he wanted the ball more.
If you are creating a rookie list it's best to include at least the whole top 5. Especially when including guys such as Lundy and White.

I realize you probably hate the Jets because we upgraded our head Coach and yall traded for a downgrade, but you should at least show some knowledge when you create a post. What's a poll if it doesn't include the top 5?

I'm sorry that you created a crappy poll when it could have been a good topic. But maybe you could take this a learn your lesson. It's not that hard to look up stats if you are planning to start topics.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

The Jets making a great trade for Thomas Jones just might have something to do with it.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What ever you say homer Laurence Maroney is winning the poll and I would bet he would still be winning the poll even with LW on it so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited by Splat : 03-16-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Jets making a great trade for Thomas Jones just might have something to do with it.

Falcons have Dunn.
Saints have McAllister.
Jaguars have Taylor.

That's obviously not the reason. The little Chiefs fan is either a hater, or he doesn't know his football.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
What ever you say homer.
Hahahaha.

Fine. Get all pissed off then. Not MY fault you botched YOUR topic. Lol.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

If the guy is such a great RB why did you guys trade for some one that will for sure start over him to me it seems like your coaching staff is not as high on him as you are.

Last edited by Splat : 03-16-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maroney is playing for a solid team and is now the featured back. Maroney.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
he plays for the patriots.

but the main reason is because when minnesota came to penn state everyone was hyping maroney as a potential heisman candidate and saying he would run all over our defense and they would kill us. he ended up running for like 24 yards on 15 carries or something like that but the whole thing just made me hate him.
Wow you took the words right out of my mouth, I was at that game and I think gary russel actually gained more yards.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
If the guy is such a great RB why did you guys trade for some one that will for sure start over him to me it seems like your coaching staff is not as high on him as you are.
If Lundy is such a great RB, why did the Texans sign an over the hill former Pro Bowler?

He made your list. =)
Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Maroney and here are the reasons

-im a slight homer..but i got many other reasons

-last year..our run blocking was not good..neither was playing calling..we seemed to be moving towards ZBS very slowly with a lot of zone runs

-Maroney faced 8 men in box because no threat at WR, now with Stallworth we can stretch field and keep the safeties back

-Maroney has tremendous ability..his weakness was he wnated to make big plays out of nothing a lot and not accept a 2-3 yard gain instead.

-Hes suprisingly strong for a guy his build and will only get stronger.we saw his stiff arms and he was top 5 in yards after contact behind Gore and Henry i believe..

-We have a top 2 QB and our playcalling/blocking will be better with Dillon gone and Maroney taking most of the load

stats wise i think Addai could be the best because of who he has but Maroney will be the better looking one :)
-fast
-quick
-strong
-wicked stiff arm
-he loves scoobe doo snacks
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm surprised no one is voting for Addai... I think him and Maroney will be close.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
If Lundy is such a great RB, why did the Texans sign an over the hill former Pro Bowler?

He made your list. =)
You your self as a Jets fan said you would have voted for someone other then LW and yet your mad he is not on the poll if a Jets fan would not vote for him want makes you think a non Jets fan would?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
You your self as a Jets fan said you would have voted for someone other then LW and yet your mad he is not on the poll if a Jets fan would not vote for him want makes you think a non Jets fan would?
Just because I'd be voting for someone else, doesn't mean that Leon didn't deserve to be on the List.

Just because Reggie Bush was a lock to win the Heisman, doesn't mean you don't invite Leinart. Leinart still deserves to be mentioned.

You can't honestly believe that Leon shouldn't be listed. That logically doesn't make sense. You overlooked him.

Own up to your mistake, it's not like it's a big deal, we all make them from time to time. I mean hell, I made one when I overlooked DeAngelo Williams on my list of rookies (He should be 8 between Reggie Bush and Wali Lundy BTW, I'll edit that now).

Last edited by Non_Sequitur : 03-16-2007 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wali, Wali!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jones-Drew and DeAngelo, though I voted Drew. Bush and Maroney will still have good years but these two could start and dominante

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote