Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Everything I've read indicates that Campbell is struggling to transition to guard. I'm not really sure what we're doing there. I don't often question Cable when it comes to offensive linemen, but Campbell is so clearly a tackle to me and I don't really get trying him inside even if it is just to get snaps.

Carlisle is old but he's a ZBS pro who can run block quite well. Campbell would have to show some savvy to de-throne him.
There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
There trying to move Campbell to guard? I don't like that move at all.
Not permanently. The thought process was that Oakland has a lot of tackles competing right now (Henderson, Veldheer, Walker, Barnes, and Pears) and it looks right now like Henderson has a strong hold on the LT job. That leaves 3 or 4 guys to battle for RT even without Campbell. The coaches know Campbell will take some developing, but they want him to get some snaps in the run-up to the season, and there's not much sitting behind Gallery and Carlisle at guard.

I think that maybe Cable is also thinking that while Campbell was pretty good kicking out at Maryland, he struggled when he played in a phone booth, so guard gives him a shot at working out those kinks without being expected to start anywhere right now. Best case scenario is he develops quickly and beats Carlisle out, worst case scenario is he gets a shot at RT next year when Walker and Barnes are gone and Henderson may not come back (assuming Mario can even keep his job through this season).

I don't think it's a permanent move, more of a teaching move, but I think it could be risky.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oakland Raiders OG Bruce Campbell has been coming along nicely during offseason practices at his new position of offensive guard, reports Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, according to managing general partner Al Davis. Campbell has a tendency to play a little bit high, but the team is impressed with him. He just needs to improve on his knee bends.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/22286/nfl#ixzz0rXT07xID
_YL_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Oakland Raiders OL Bruce Campbell said his transition from an offensive tackle in college to a guard in the NFL has been a bit of a struggle so far, reports Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers. "I was a left tackle, now I'm playing right guard," Campbell said. "It's a totally different experience. I'm used to space on the outside. Now I'm on the inside with a lot of help. People would say it's easier, but I don't see it being easier right now."
I'm gonna believe Campbell way before I believe Davis.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

_YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him._YL_ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was posted like a week after he got drafted first time playing OG some time has passed since that but we shall wait and see then
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Haynesworth still being rumored to maybe be a target of ours... I wouldnt mind it if its not for alot. Albert and Henderson rotate at NT..... nice

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've pretty much felt the same about Campbell. To me tall and lanky = OT, not guard. The guy is pretty athletic for a lineman and those skills would be best used on the outside, although he obviously he needs a lot of polish. Hopefully the guard thing is only temporary.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

If we can get him for a 3rd or 4th rounder and he's willing to stick with his current contract, I'd make the deal. There's basically no guaranteed money left, so cutting him would be absolutely free. Pay him as long as he produces and no longer.

If he wants to renegotiate and the Redskins price is too high, I really don't see the point. Haynesworth might be good, but he'd also certainly be a headache at some point, and considering he was complaining before his first season with Washington was even finished, I'm not sure it would be more than a 1 or 2 year rental.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reason why Campbell is being worked at OG is one to get on the field and I also think they are going to pull the guards more like the Jets do.

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

We should sign Kevin Mawae. Gives Satele good compitition in camp and Im pretty sure we are going to either sign or draft a center high next year if Al stays like he was this off season. Mawae still has some left in the take and would sure up the middle of the oline for a year.

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-22-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Mawae, like John Henderson, would be one of those guys who's not even guaranteed to make it through camp, but if he wants to give it a shot in Oakland it would be hard not to welcome him.

Satele certainly isn't anything special.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Im sure it will only take a min contract to get him signed this late in the offseason. **** it see if he has anything left in the tank and if not cut ties with him and go with Satele

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a big C...everyone in our division runs the 3-4. I hate ZBS anyway.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
bkolaski0
Rookie

bkolaski0 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who else do we have at center besides chris morris?? Because other than that i couldnt think of anyone. Morris is more of a backup he didnt impress me at all he was in last year
bkolaski0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Samson Satele

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
bkolaski0
Rookie

he was hurt last year and even when he was healthy he seemed completely ineffective
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

No posts in here for about a week....

Heres the Madden ratings for the Raiders

http://espn.go.com/videogames/madden11?teamId=23

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-30-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sometimes I hate these ratings haha. Jacoby Ford is better than 60 overall.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Bruce Campbell rated higher than Veldheer

My Raiders Mock

Old 06-30-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Samson Satele rating was the absolute worst that I saw there.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hate the LaMarr Houston rating, only 70overall and 77STR, this guy is a beast and he should get at least 85+ at strength after 30+bench press.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bkolaski0
Rookie

i think McClain is a lil slower than i would like but i totally think houston's strength should be rated higher
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
_YL_
Veteran

If you like defense and good with the sticks the raider defense is gonna be nasty then.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys did a quick off the top of my head projection on the best case scenario for us..

@ Tennessee Titans – L
St. Louis Rams – W
@ Arizona Cardinals – W
Houston Texans – W
San Diego Chargers – L
@ San Francisco – L
@ Denver – W
Seattle Seahawks – W
Kansas City Chiefs – W
@ Pittsburgh – L
Miami Dolphins – W
@ San Diego Chargers – L