Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Williams

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...to_tennes.html

Perhaps Tennessee is interested . . . ?

Old 03-16-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow. Interesting.

Trade him for a 5th round pick.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Wow. Interesting.

Trade him for a 5th round pick.

No way. I want to see what he can do first. A 5th rounder? No.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather keep him. I see no point in giving him away. Especially now that Curtis is elsewhere . . . he is our 4th receiver as it stands today.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It all depends on whether or not they're planning on cutting him. Might as well keep him around if Marinelli and Martz think he'll make the team and be a contributor. If not, trade him and at least get something instead of cutting him.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember during the draft his website had a flash intro where it was listed all the things Williams was going to accomplish, including being a "future Hall of Famer".

Whoops.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I remember during the draft his website had a flash intro where it was listed all the things Williams was going to accomplish, including being a "future Hall of Famer".

Whoops.
I fully believe he will be a Hall of Famer . . . but he won't do anything productive until he's out of Detroit, lol . . . that's the way things tend to go for us.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF View Post
It all depends on whether or not they're planning on cutting him. Might as well keep him around if Marinelli and Martz think he'll make the team and be a contributor. If not, trade him and at least get something instead of cutting him.
Exactly. I think they'd rather give that roster spot to a young, hard-working WR (with return ability) over MWilliams. I'd rather get a pick for him instead of just cutting him.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mel Kiper, before the draft that Mike Williams is a future Hall of Famer.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He's still probably saying that. He was in love with the guy and won't throw in the towel yet. That's a big mistake to admit you were wrong on.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
casskid
Rookie

casskid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a red zone target alone he should be kept on the team, the Lions couldnt seem to do jack in the red zone last year. Hes a good 4-5 inches taller then most dbs, and he faces alot of nickel backs as he is the third option, and nickel backs tend to be shorter then their starting counter parts. Just throw the ball up to him and see what happens. If teams roll coverage or put a starter on him that should leave Roy or Mike on lesser talent.
casskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Well I think he would be in the right system Norm Chow's system can make that happen for him. He is a poor mans Keyshawn Johnson. To me thats not a bad thing... but trade him and wash your hands of him and his big contract for a 4th WR you could pick someone day 2 and be just as good in production for 1/4 of the money...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by casskid View Post
As a red zone target alone he should be kept on the team, the Lions couldnt seem to do jack in the red zone last year. Hes a good 4-5 inches taller then most dbs, and he faces alot of nickel backs as he is the third option, and nickel backs tend to be shorter then their starting counter parts. Just throw the ball up to him and see what happens. If teams roll coverage or put a starter on him that should leave Roy or Mike on lesser talent.
I agree with that. Let him be the mismatch that he is in the red zone... maybe that'll give him some confidence.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the bigger point is right now we're(well not we, but the team) is paying him a rather large sum of money to be a 3rd or 4th WR, and possible red zone target. I'm don't think at this point the money even comes close to matching the value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I think the bigger point is right now we're(well not we, but the team) is paying him a rather large sum of money to be a 3rd or 4th WR, and possible red zone target. I'm don't think at this point the money even comes close to matching the value.
True, but he has the potential to be a LOT more. Letting him fill that role and getting him on the field this year will let us evaluate him. If he makes some plays and gets some confidence, we can keep him. If not, he's gone.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Well I think he would be in the right system Norm Chow's system can make that happen for him. He is a poor mans Keyshawn Johnson. To me thats not a bad thing... but trade him and wash your hands of him and his big contract for a 4th WR you could pick someone day 2 and be just as good in production for 1/4 of the money...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Now repeat after me...wait you kind of did..
Old 03-20-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
boss4579

Quote:
Now repeat after me...wait you kind of did..
deleted.....
Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss4579 View Post
deleted.....
Wasnt trying to be a jerk.... I just get frustrated when I see posts that are redundant... Happy posting

Just glad your opinion shared mine more then anything !
Old 03-20-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wasnt trying to be a jerk.... I just get frustrated when I see posts that are redundant... Happy posting

Good post.

Points.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually wasn't being a jerk in the deleted post. I was just pointing out that I was agreeing with you because I thought you made a good point(and also because I honestly didn't see your post until you pointed it out lol. Must have something to with sigs or maybe I'm just lazy, probably the latter). I then decided to delete it since it was a post on an account I created simply to find out what had happened to this account, which had been banned due to a misunderstanding about my identity. I wanted to wait and see if I could get this one back, and if so, post on it, so you'd know it was coming from me, rather than make it seem like I had used another account for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote