Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 06-27-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC North defensive lines

ok so i was looking at the dlines for a bunch of nfl teams and it occured to me how amazing the ncf north has become this offseason. i think nfc north is the strongest division in the nfl.
packers
bj raji
ryan pickett
jonny jolly
cullen jenkens
they were all great last year and should improve with more time in the 34

lions
vandenbosh
suh
corey williams
they could be a great suprise with the addition of players on the dline
vikings
williams wall
jared allen
they showed last year how great their dline is
bears
juluis peppers
tommie harris
if peppers doesnt take plays off he will b a great addition to the division
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're gonna name some of the guys on there, how can you leave off Ray Edwards when discussing the Vikings D-Line? He had 8.5 sacks last year and 4 more in 2 playoff games. Not to mention he is a great run stopping DE.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, Ray Edwards really shined last year.
But to the point, the NFC North is really shaping up. It wasn't that long ago it was one of the worst divisions in the NFL, now it's in the conversation for best.
And the D-Lines are very impressive.
Minnesota is clearly the cream of the crop. The Williams' are still exceptional, especially Kevin. He may be the best UT in the NFL. Allen is a force of course, and as you said Edwards came into his own last season.
The Packers have an exceptional front too. Raji is moving to nose, Pickett is a beast still, and I like him at end. Cullen Jenkins is one of the most underrated players in the whole NFL. He's a run stopper, adds a solid pass rush, and helps free up Clay. He's probably the most under appreciated Packer. Plus, we have Johnny Jolly and drafted Mike Neal in round 2.
Chicago is good on paper at the DLine, but Im half expecting Peppers to start sucking now thats he's gotten paid. Harris used to be a stud, but in reality has sucked recently. They have the talent, but it's not clear if they can perform.
Detroit is finally turning around too. Everyone knows about Suh, but he's the best defensive tackle prospect probably ever, so his impact could be immense. KVB and Corey Williams were both solid additions.

All this talk about the NFC North DLine's had me thinking about how will the OLine's handle it. No doubt, all 4 teams are putting together beastly defensive fronts but the offensive lines in the division are actually pretty bad. Chicago and Detroit have pretty awful lines. Green Bay had the worst line in the league last year for the first half of the season, and Minnesota's is very overrated. McKinnie is mediocre, Hutchinson is declining fast, and the rest of the interior was pretty awful.

We could see a lot of talented QB's on their backs this year in the division with the beastly DLine's and the subpar OLine's...should be fun to watch.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good thing the QBs in the North are pretty mobile other than Favre. But Favre gets rid of the ball very quickly and still has good pocket presence.

It will be interesting to see how the Olines cope with these Dlines. Detroit has been dealing with this problem for years being outtalented by Dlines, it will be nice if we can return the favor with our improved Dline and declining Olines by the other teams.

Packers seem to have replenished the best with Bulaga and Lang for the future and Sitton is a good Right guard. Alot hinges on Lang though to turn the corner because one day Clifton/Tauscher will be gone. And without Tauscher and Clifton banged up the line looked terrible. Bulaga should replace Clifton well but its not a given gurantee as with any draft pick even Suh.

Backus actually had a good year last year(pro bowl per comments by Schwartz/Linehan/Yarno) despite the rest of the Oline playing poorly. But still Allen,Peppers and Jenkins/Matthews will give him fits no matter how well Backus plays, McKinnie/Clifton and Chirs Williams for that matter with KVB. Plus 6 games of Daunte "Hold onto the Ball" and Drew"Clueless" Stanton created alot more sacks occured than when Stafford played. Raiola and Peterman are here to stay with extensions and Peterman is solid but Raiola is Raiola at times, we'll see what Rob Sims can do who was actually solid last year just didn't fit the new scheme in Seattle but fits well in Linehans offense as a power guard. Gosder has to get his act together, yet another final 1st round Millen flop. Could have been Otah or Brandon Albert. Of course Albert means, no Kevin Smith most likley. Look for alot of two tight end sets too with Scheffler and Pettigrew which should help against these stud DEs/OLBs.

Alot of bruised QBS on the way for sure though.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Suh and Corey Williams will be a grat combo in Detroit. Williams was out of his element with the Browns but I expect him to have a big season such as he did in while with Green Bay. He will be in a 1 Tech facing one on ones while Suh is eating up at least 2 guys on every play.

With that said I do agree that the Packers Line should only get better and is the best in the NFC North (not just a homer pick). The rotation with Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Jolly was great last season and with Harrell (at the moment) healthy, M. Neil being drafted in the 2nd round and CJ Wilson in the 7th, there should be some interesting competition to an already very good group.
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post
With that said I do agree that the Packers Line should only get better and is the best in the NFC North (not just a homer pick). The rotation with Raji, Pickett, Jenkins, Jolly was great last season and with Harrell (at the moment) healthy, M. Neil being drafted in the 2nd round and CJ Wilson in the 7th, there should be some interesting competition to an already very good group.
I guess it's harder to compare with the difference in defenses(3-4 to 4-3), but I don't see how the Vikings don't have the best DL in the NFC North as it is right up there with the absolute best in the NFL if it isn't the best. The best DE in the NFL in Jared Allen, the best UT in the NFL in Kevin Williams, a great NT in Pat, although he's lost a bit he's still very good for the plays he's in there, and when he's replaced Kennedy and Evans did a hell of a job last year. Then at LE is Ray Edwards, who had a very good year last season especially late in the season rushing the passer, he's always been a very good run stopping DE, and his pass rush has developed into where it was expected to be. As a rotational guy we have Brian Robison, who's a DE, but often times will rush from the inside on passing downs, and had 4.5 sacks last season in limited snaps.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBraun8 View Post

With that said I do agree that the Packers Line should only get better and is the best in the NFC North (not just a homer pick). \
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
WestCoastLionsFan
Rookie

WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.WestCoastLionsFan is so money.

Detroit almost never blitzed this year and still put up 39 sacks from just their D-line.

That is more sacks than Chicago and Minnesota had from their entire team. It's hard to match up D-line stats with Green Bay since they play a 3-4, but Green Bay blitzes a LOT to get their pressure.
WestCoastLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastLionsFan View Post
Detroit almost never blitzed this year and still put up 39 sacks from just their D-line.

That is more sacks than Chicago and Minnesota had from their entire team. It's hard to match up D-line stats with Green Bay since they play a 3-4, but Green Bay blitzes a LOT to get their pressure.
Next step: stopping the run
Old 03-15-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Meh - Green Bay is always gonna be more blitz happy with Capers as DC running a 34D - it's gonna be interesting because Mike Neal was fleetingly looking really good before he got hurt, I think he's Jenkins' long-term successor as a pass-rushing end.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to miss 330 lb Sammie Lee Hill in the middle for Detroit on run downs! I think this is the year (if there is a year) that he blossoms into a stud up front. Also, Cliff Avril off the edge has the most sacks of any DE in his draft class (who knew? But look it up, it's true) So don't sleep on him when healthy. Lawrence Jackson & Tirk McBride are servicable too @ DE. I would not be surpirsed if Aldon Smith, Da'Quan Bowers or Cameron Jordan are the selection @ 13 this draft.