Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-24-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft Thread

Discuss the 2011 NFL Draft as it relates to the Minnesota Vikings
Old 04-24-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm impressed by the excitement djp!

Soo ummm QB for the Vikings?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm impressed by the excitement djp!

Soo ummm QB for the Vikings?
Haven't you seen the commercial? Favre plans on playing until 2020 :)

Yes, I am guessing that next year quarterback will be by far our biggest need. Followed by NT and possibly tackle considering this is probably McKinnie's last season here.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm just really hoping that all the quarterbacks who look like top prospects on paper right now have big years and maintain their 1st round status. Unless we completely tank we likely won't be in a position to nab Locker, Luck, or Mallet (assuming the last two declare) but maybe a Ponder or Devlin will be there towards the back half of Round 1.

I agree on left tackle as well. We'll need one soon and have nobody on the roster who has any LT potential.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From an early on standpoint, I'm hoping for a trade up for one of the big three quarterbacks. I'm not sure if I have a preference right now but if Andrew Luck can build on last year's season without Toby Gerhart behind him, then he could very well be the #1 pick as a r/s Sophomore.

One guy who I would love to see in Purple and Gold would be Marcus Forston as a NT. Dude is a rock up the middle and is very athletic for his size.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time to start getting to know some of these guys. Let's hope next year we finally get our QB...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

I agree that QB is obviously #1 on the list in 2011, but we'll likely have to leverage most of our draft to get up into the premium QB area(likely Top 10-12) which is always risky.

Or maybe Tjack will pan out.................
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post

Those mechanics don't look quite right.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd imagine if Favre is coming back this year, they'll give TJack and Rosenfels another chance. So QB probably won't be the pick

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.

Last edited by vikes_28 : 04-26-2010 at 04:27 PM.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I'd imagine if Favre is coming back this year, they'll give TJack and Rosenfels another chance. So QB probably won't be the pick
It better be the pick. Next year our biggest needs are gonna be the 2 most important positions on the field in all likely hood...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't think the organization has any faith in Rosenfels/Jackson moving forward. If there's a quarterbak on the board whom they're high on, he'll be the pick. They need to find an option for the long haul and the draft is the only way to do that.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
I don't think the organization has any faith in Rosenfels/Jackson moving forward. If there's a quarterbak on the board whom they're high on, he'll be the pick. They need to find an option for the long haul and the draft is the only way to do that.
That's what we all thought this year, and we all know how that turned out.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
They must have some faith in them. Because if they didn't they would have taken Clausen in the first round. If they think that TJack or Rosenfels can fill in for Favre if he gets injured then they must have faith in them.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

I think both Jackson and Rosenfels are better backups than most out there. I'm not saying they're long-term options at the position but you could do worse if Favre went down; neither is going to run the team into the ground.

If they really loved Clausen this year I am guessing they would have taken him. Other teams saw things that scared them off so it wasn't as though the Vikings simply balked at the opportunity to add an elite quarterback prospect; there's a reason he dropped to the middle of the 2nd round. That doesn't mean he won't go on to have a successful career but I've tempered my expectations for Clausen a bit. The Vikings passing on him has little do with Tarvaris or Sage and more to do with Jimmy, IMO.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
They must have some faith in them. Because if they didn't they would have taken Clausen in the first round. If they think that TJack or Rosenfels can fill in for Favre if he gets injured then they must have faith in them.

Don't overlook the fact that Chilly can't evaluate QB talent worth a damn...there's a high probability he passed on Clausen just because he didn't like him.

Meanwhile he happily brings in guys like Bollinger, Holcombe, JDB, Gus, etc etc
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd McShay's 1st 2011 mock has the team taking Allen Bailey.

I wouldn't mind, especially considering all three quarterbacks were gone. I think we would also give Christian Ponder a though as well.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Todd McShay's 1st 2011 mock has the team taking Allen Bailey.

I wouldn't mind, especially considering all three quarterbacks were gone. I think we would also give Christian Ponder a though as well.
Would Bailey be the best fit as a Phat replacement? I would prefer Ponder. I am really thinking LT might end up being a first round need too.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Would Bailey be the best fit as a Phat replacement? I would prefer Ponder. I am really thinking LT might end up being a first round need too.
I agree with you partially, Bailey isn't a great fit, but he is such a physical freak and stud that I would be more than willing to take him. I would take Ponder as well. I don't think we'll look at LT next year, I think that will be 2 years, QB, S, NT, and OLB all appear to be big needs next year, and imo bigger than LT, especially given the value likely to be there in the late 1st where we will likely be picking.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

I think the play and maturity of Bryant McKinnie is the x-factor though in determining the need for a left tackle. If he is as inconsistent as he was during the latter part of last season, then I wouldn't mind going after a guy like Castonzo, Carimi or Barksdale.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see LT being a first round need next year...

McKinnie has a bad rep because he is a dumb *** d-bag that no one likes. But he really did have a good year last year aside from that stretch at the end of the season in which he supposedly dealing with plantar fasciitis.

Aswell Bryant is under contract through 2013, at less than 5 mil a year which is very resonable. I don't see them looking for a replacement for probably another 2 years. That is unless, a quality LT some how makes it to F/A such as a Jared Gaither(rarely if ever happens) or someone falls to them in the draft that is too good to pass on.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

As far as first round picks go, here is a list that I've compiled of potential Vikings picks

QB Jake Locker Washington
QB Ryan Mallett Arkansas
QB Blaine Gabbert Mizzou (very unlikely he declares)
OT Anthony Costanzo Boston College
OL Rodney Hudson Florida State
NT Jerrell Powe Ole Miss
DL Allen Bailey Miami
DE Robert Quinn North Carolina
DE Adrian Clayborn Iowa
DE Cameron Heyward Ohio State
DE DaQuan Bowers Clemson
LB Donta Hightower Alabama
LB Akeem Ayers UCLA
LB Travis Lewis Oklahoma
CB Aaron Williams Texas
S Rahim Moore UCLA

Obviously a lot of that list depends on where we're picking in the first round, we have a pretty wide disparity of potential finishes in terms of our record. Bolded is most likely

Last edited by djp : 10-16-2010 at 06:07 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

I'm to the point where I kind of want us to suck so we can nab one of the top 3 QB's.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

I saw us have Jake Locker in a mock the other day and I kind of creamed myself. I hope we lose out.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Scott has us taking Daquan Bowers in his latest mock. And while I so far really like Bowers as a prospect, I think DE really isnt our highest priority even if Ray Edwards leaves. I understand that Luck, Mallet(*Cringe*) and Locker will probably be gone. And Im just not sure about Cam Newton as a pro. Its kind of tough spot really, if we fall in that area. I really love Derek Sherrod as a procept, but he might be a reach there.

What do you all think of the Daquan Bower pick?
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote