Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-03-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a fan of that pick, but if the draft played out that way I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Bowers. Ideally I would like Locker in the 1st, and a safety like Deunta Williams or Rahim Moore in the second. If we could tag Edwards and trade him for a 3rd I would be really happy, then we could use that pick and draft a center, DT or LB.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Not really a fan of that pick, but if the draft played out that way I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Bowers. Ideally I would like Locker in the 1st, and a safety like Deunta Williams or Rahim Moore in the second. If we could tag Edwards and trade him for a 3rd I would be really happy, then we could use that pick and draft a center, DT or LB.
I agree with you quite a bit, but would like to add LT project there in the third, my hate for McKinnie has grown infinitely over these past two years, and I now can't stand him and to be putting a franchise QBs blindside in his hands makes me cringe. I know this isn't a good OT and especially LT as most of the college OTs project to either RT or OG, but if we are able to acquire a third round pick and it is only a mild reach, I would like to see us take a project LT who can hopefully take over for McKinnie after a year once he loses even more of the little agility he has.

I'd be ok with Bowers in that situation and if that were to happen, I'd really like to see us take Ponder in the 2nd. I was a big fan of his coming into the year and am still quite a bit higher on him than most. If we stick with a WCO with a heavy running game with Peterson, I think he would fit perfectly and he may even be able to step in and play from day one as he's pretty advanced in a pro style offense and isn't a raw prospect. It'd be nice to be able to trade up into the 3rd round and get a solid S prospect like McDaniel, who has all the tools and parlayed them into a great Junior season but is struggling mightily this season which will hurt his draft grade quite a bit.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey everyone! New to the forum and posted in the introduction thread as well. Nice to be chatting with some other Vikings fans.

Personally, I don't like Scott's projected pick at all. I have been a follower of this site for years, so I know he is good at what he does, but I just don't see DE as that large of a need for the Vikings. We have some players who are capable of stepping up if Edwards leaves in FA. Also, if Jared Allen gets back to playing the way he normally does the left DE will be freed up more often than not. I don't know what you all think, but I personally wouldn't mind a rotation of Brian Robison and Everson Griffen at that spot next year. Griffen (when he has been active) has shown pass-rushing ability and Robison always seems to be able to get pressure on the QB when he is in the line-up.

I know our first rounder will ultimately depend on who the HC ends up being. If Frazier is retained he may want to lean towards a defensive player. Although, it seems every HC usually wants to have "their guy" at the QB position. Favre won't be back and T-Jack (who is a FA anyway) was Childress' guy/mistake, so Frazier could take a QB if he is the coach.

I really hope the Vikings take a QB if available, which will be the problem. There are going to be some QB needy teams ahead of us, so Luck (if he comes out), Mallett, and Locker will probably all be gone. Not sure if I am sold on Newton as a solid pro QB. Memories of Daunte Culpepper keep popping up in my head, and they are not the good ones. Not sure if that is even a good comparison, but when I see Newton (big QB, big arm, and running ability) I can't help but see Culpepper.
MNtoWA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
It'd be nice to be able to trade up into the 3rd round and get a solid S prospect like McDaniel, who has all the tools and parlayed them into a great Junior season but is struggling mightily this season which will hurt his draft grade quite a bit.
I haven't really seen Moore, Deunta Williams or McDaniels too much, but they both have a ton of career interceptions. That is exactly what our secondary needs, a ball hawk who can force turnovers and get our defense off the field.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't really seen Moore, Deunta Williams or McDaniels too much, but they both have a ton of career interceptions. That is exactly what our secondary needs, a ball hawk who can force turnovers and get our defense off the field.
I haven't been able to watch as much college football this year, and I've only been able to watch these guys a small amount, but from what I've read all three of them have had disappointing seasons and none of them have really separated themselves. We definitely need a playmaker at S, which we haven't had since the year before Sharper left, and I stress the year before because Sharper was horrid his last year here and looked like he was done.

MNtoWA. I agree with you, LE is not that big of a need for us, but with that situation there really isn't much else there. Our biggest needs IMO (and I'm pretty sure most of the rest of us) are QB, S, and LT, but Scott has the top 3 QBs back and while I like Newton as a college player, he has plenty of question marks as a passer. No S is worth a top 20 pick in this draft at this point, and we very likely may not see any S in the first round. On top of that, this is probably the worst OT class in a quite a while and no one is much of a sure thing and would be a big reach there. One OT who I'm starting to like quite a bit for us is Lee Ziemba for Auburn. He's a big guy who has started at LT all 4 years in the SEC. He's a great run blocker and his biggest flaw is supposed to be that he has short arms. He's almost guaranteedly not going to be a first rounder and likely won't be a second rounder even, but if we can get back into the 3rd, I'd be very happy with him.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MNtoWA Guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

marshallb. Yeah, I am not sold on Cam Newton no matter where the Vikings may be drafting. If the top 3 QBs are gone and the Vikings are picking within the first 15 I wouldn't mind seeing us drop back in the first. Then we could pick up some additional draft choices (maybe even a 3rd to replace the one we lost on Moss) then take a S in the later part of the first.

Honestly, our safeties are so atrocious. Madieu can't tackle and when he attempts to hit somebody he never wraps-up, so they bounce right off him and keep on gaining yards. The other spot has been a carousel with Tyrell, Abdullah, and Jamarca all playing. Although, Abdullah has shown some promise at times. We desperately need some help at this position and unless we bring in a FA (which could end up becoming Madieu Williams v2.0) it will remain a glaring hole defensively and teams will continue to torch the Vikings. I think it is funny when everybody points out how much Cook and Asher Allen have struggled in coverage, when it is just as much the safeties' faults for not providing any over the top assistance when it is needed.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of its going to have to do with who is coaching us next season too. When Ray Edwards does leave, I think im ok with Robinson and Griffen at DE. Griffen looks like he can get pressure on the QB at times this season.

Jeron Johnson is another guy besides D. Williams I like at safety. As for Cam Newton, while I wont deny his ability. He just looks slow to me when he drops back. He's got a great O-line at Auburn. And any game where the other teams defenses can get pressure on him, are those games where he is less then super(by his standards anyways).
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
MNtoWA Guy
Rookie

The Vikings are going to have so many needs going into this offseason (QB, DE, OT, S and arguably CB and DT) that I think the best plan would be for us to trade down in the first to gather more draft choices. Unless one of the top 3 QBs is there we need to strongly consider this option. This next year is basically going to be a rebuilding year, especially if we have a new HC, so why not take a page out of Green Bay's and New England's books and gather up a ton of draft picks to get younger. The Vikings have some young talent, but we are an aging team.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:55 AM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

So it's now official? #10 overall pick?

It may be possible to get one of the top-3 QB's yet at that spot.

No matter what happens, I do not want to go into next season with Joe Webb as our starting QB. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see what kind of progress the kid can make, but handing him the keys to the car this early is just stupid.

#1 QB: ???
#2 QB: Joe Webb
#3 QB: Jake Locker?

Also, with the LT position, I would give Loadholt a chance to earn that position in Training Camp. Guy has not been stellar, but has shown a good work-ethic
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
So it's now official? #10 overall pick?

It may be possible to get one of the top-3 QB's yet at that spot.

No matter what happens, I do not want to go into next season with Joe Webb as our starting QB. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see what kind of progress the kid can make, but handing him the keys to the car this early is just stupid.
They ended up with #12 rather than #10. Agree about Joe Webb would rather not just hand him the keys. Hopefully they can Aquire a half way decent Veteran QB.

I am a bit worried about being able to draft a Franchise QB this year. There are a good amount of teams ahead of us that have QB needs. Aswell with a rookie wage scale very likely being implemented we could see teams reaching more for needs rather than just going BPA.

Carolina
Buffalo
Cincinnati
Arizona
Cleveland
San Francisco
Tennessee
Washington

*Most likely to draft a QB IMO

All of those teams could very well be in the market to draft a franchise QB. Then you have to watch out for teams like Jacksonville, Oakland, or Miami trading up for one. I don't believe Luck is going to declare so that Leaves 3 guys for all these needy teams. Looks like the Vikes may have to move up to make sure they get their guy.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 01-03-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Forgot about the Browns & Raiders
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Harbaugh is rumored to almost certainly leave Stanford, which would mean Luck comes out. Also Blaine Gabbert declared today so the chances of a quarterback falling in our laps just increased greatly.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

We got some good news in the way of hoping to get a franchise QB this year with Blaine Gabbert declaring. Link

As of right now, I'd rank him as my #4 QB behind Luck, Mallett, and Locker and ahead of Newton. There's also a good chance that I move him ahead of Locker too as I look back on more of their games this past season. He's got prototypical size at 6'5" 240, has a strong arm and can make any throw with good accuracy, and has underrated mobility. I'm really surprised that he came out, or at least that he didn't wait until after Luck announced his decision and then do the opposite. If he stayed another year and Luck comes out, he'd be the favorite for the #1 QB spot next year; even if he'd announce that he was gonna come out after Luck were to announce that he'd stay, he could challenge for the #1 QB spot.

Needless to say, I'd love it if we took Gabbert.

EDIT: I should post some of his negatives too. His biggest negatives are his pocket presence, he can struggle with touch on some of the deeper throws, and with that offense he doesn't have to make much for reads or a whole lot of dropbacks, so he has to work on his footwork.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 01-04-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Harbaugh is rumored to almost certainly leave Stanford, which would mean Luck comes out. Also Blaine Gabbert declared today so the chances of a quarterback falling in our laps just increased greatly.
damn. You beat me to it, I shouldn't have spent so much time writing up my thoughts haha.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
damn. You beat me to it, I shouldn't have spent so much time writing up my thoughts haha.
Lol, no worries. You provided more analysis than I did. I don't know much about him other then he is a probable first rounder with a strong arm and great size. I think I only saw him play once and I came away impressed with him.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Lol, no worries. You provided more analysis than I did. I don't know much about him other then he is a probable first rounder with a strong arm and great size. I think I only saw him play once and I came away impressed with him.
Yea, I have to look at him some more. I didn't bother watching him a whole lot this year because I didn't think that he'd come out.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.

Ok.....Hypothetical situation:

All of the top-3 guys who declare for the draft are off the board by the time we select #12.....at this moment in time, is it feasible the Vikings drop back in the 1st round, add another 2nd or 3rd round pick, and still be able to get a guy like Gabbert?

Also, if we did get him, would Blaine live in Blaine?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb
We got some good news in the way of hoping to get a franchise QB this year with Blaine Gabbert declaring. Link

As of right now, I'd rank him as my #4 QB behind Luck, Mallett, and Locker and ahead of Newton.
Blaine Gabbert Declaring definatly makes it much more likely a QB falls to us. But there are still enough teams ahead of us with QB needs that it's worrisome.

It's still extremely early but this is how I would rank them as of right now(as in relation to fit with the vikes)

1. Luck(obvisouly, if he declares)
2. Jake Locker
3. Cam Newton
4. Blaine Gabbert
5. Ryan Mallet

How I could see the draft playing out.

3. Buffalo - Cam Newton
7. San Francisco - Ryan Mallet(depends on the new coach could be one of the other 2)
10. Washington - Jake Locker
12. Minnesota - Blaine Gabbert

It looks good for the Vikings if Cleveland thinks they have the answer in Colt McCoy, Cincinnati sticks with Palmer, and Tennessee lets Fisher leave and sticks with Vince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
Ok.....Hypothetical situation:

All of the top-3 guys who declare for the draft are off the board by the time we select #12.....at this moment in time, is it feasible the Vikings drop back in the 1st round, add another 2nd or 3rd round pick, and still be able to get a guy like Gabbert?

Also, if we did get him, would Blaine live in Blaine?
It's a possbility but I am not sure it would be worth the risk. Not far below the Vikings is a group of 3 teams(Jacksonville, Oakland, and Miami) that all could want a QB.

It would be nice to move down and aquire some more picks but if by Chance a QB makes it to #12 I think they gotta take him.

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 01-03-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never watched Gabbert until tonight. I like what i see.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it would be worth us doing what needs to be done to move up to take Luck if he declares. Think of it as the franchise "maker" move. Absolutely sell out for him. Outside of OL we have the pieces to give him a good rookie season but more importantly we have a young offense that he could grow with.

I guess the question is what would it take? Would something like Ray Edwards and our first 2 picks be worth it for the Panthers? They move down, save money, don't create a QB conflict, can get a stud DE regardless and get a decent DE in Edwards and pick up a decent 2nd rounder.

I would be seriously open to the idea of giving up next years first also for Luck, just love him as a prospect.

I guess the alternative is to take any of the other QBs, all of whom as major projects, imo, and perhaps getting a McNabb type for a year or two, I think he could actually be a fairly good fit for us, dependent on the system we choose to run obviously. Get Locker or Gabbert as a developmental 2 year project type and over the next two years get the line and secondary sorted out. We have the RB and WR core sorted for the near future.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I think it would be worth us doing what needs to be done to move up to take Luck if he declares. Think of it as the franchise "maker" move. Absolutely sell out for him. Outside of OL we have the pieces to give him a good rookie season but more importantly we have a young offense that he could grow with.

I guess the question is what would it take? Would something like Ray Edwards and our first 2 picks be worth it for the Panthers? They move down, save money, don't create a QB conflict, can get a stud DE regardless and get a decent DE in Edwards and pick up a decent 2nd rounder.

I would be seriously open to the idea of giving up next years first also for Luck, just love him as a prospect.

I guess the alternative is to take any of the other QBs, all of whom as major projects, imo, and perhaps getting a McNabb type for a year or two, I think he could actually be a fairly good fit for us, dependent on the system we choose to run obviously. Get Locker or Gabbert as a developmental 2 year project type and over the next two years get the line and secondary sorted out. We have the RB and WR core sorted for the near future.
I think no matter what, Locker is going to need the "aaron rodgers" treatment. It would be awesome if McNabb signed with the vikes.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Mallet looked damn good tonight. Didn't quite come through at the end but showed some great touch on his throws and has an absolute rocket for an arm. Made a bunch of throws that would transfer to the NFL, although he does need to work on throwing on the run.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I thought Mallet looked damn good tonight. Didn't quite come through at the end but showed some great touch on his throws and has an absolute rocket for an arm. Made a bunch of throws that would transfer to the NFL, although he does need to work on throwing on the run.
I agree with you. I thought he looked great before the INT. He didn't get much for help either. They ran the ball ok, they had quite a few longer ones, but didn't run it well consistently. The OL was horrendous in pass protection and Mallett was sacked I think 5 times and pressured all game, which isn't gonna go well with his lack of mobility. On top of that his receivers dropped by my count 7 or 8 passes (ESPN said 6). He still needs some coaching, especially on his footwork and stepping into his throws as he seems to throw off balance a lot. If he's there at 12, I will be pissed if we don't take him unless it comes out that he has a bunch of character concerns or something like that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 01-05-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Annouced today that Tennesee will be keeping Fisher and that Vince Young will not be on the roster next season. This sucks because with Kerry Collins being 38, they will more then likely look at a QB in the draft. And they pick ahead of us.

Last edited by General Zod : 01-05-2011 at 08:00 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Annouced today that Tennesee will be keeping Fisher and that Vince Young will not be on the roster next season. This sucks because with Kerry Collins being 38, they will more then likely look at a QB in the draft. And they pick ahead of us.

grrrrrrr lol
Damn it I was hoping they would let Fisher go. Oh well it's a good move for the Tennessee Titans IMO, and a sucky move for the Vikings. However I do think(and hope) Jeff will prefer to trade for a Vet like Kevin Kolb or Matt Flynn.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

McNabb and Orton will be available. Hopefully they will help at least 1 qb fall to us.