Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 02-19-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
We havent really talked about Tyron Smith much here. If we got him at 12 I'd be ok with that. Any thoughts?
He's a solid prospect, but he just doesn't fit with what Frazier wants the offense to do. Frazier wants to run a power run based offense, which isn't what Smith does well. He's played at 280, and that just isn't conducive to getting a good push in the run game. He's supposedly up to 300+, but there's a big difference in being 300 pounds before the combine and actually playing at it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We havent really talked about Tyron Smith much here. If we got him at 12 I'd be ok with that. Any thoughts?
if we stay at 12, i probably wouldnt be to happy, as he seems like a small bit of a reach. if we could trade down a few spots, maybe pick up a 3rd rounder, then i'd be pretty happy
Old 02-20-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would really like to get Locker in the 1st round. So much that I'm probably deadset on it at this point.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I would really like to get Locker in the 1st round. So much that I'm probably deadset on it at this point.
I agree. There are other QB's I would be fine with but i love locker and think he could be a franchise quarterback in this league. We would (most likely) not even have to give up any picks to get him or possibly even trade down
Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman View Post
I agree. There are other QB's I would be fine with but i love locker and think he could be a franchise quarterback in this league. We would (most likely) not even have to give up any picks to get him or possibly even trade down
if we could trade down and still land locker, i'd be cool with it
Old 02-27-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frazier had made it clear that he wants to upgrade the D-line in the draft. And commented that he will fix the run defense that was not up to its usual high standards. So with fat Pat more then likely leaving and K-Will possibly getting suspended for 4 games. It wouldnt surprise me at all if we took a DT at 12.

So, my DT wish list at 12 in this order..

1. Marcell Dareus
2. Nick Fairley
3A Corey Liuget
3B Stephen Paea

Liuget and Paea might seem like reaches at 12, but I got a feeling in the coming weeks Paea might start climbing some boards. And living in Big 10 country, I got to see a lot of Corey Liuget, and I like him a lot. Id be pretty happy with him lining up with K-Will.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want Prince, he makes my trousers a little bit tighter. He just ran a 4.3 though so I doubt he falls to us. I would be a little upset if we went d-line in the first round, it seems like we have much bigger holes elsewhere. Although I guess if Edwards and Fat Pat walk there will be a huge need there as well. **** its depressing thinking about the future of this team....
Old 03-01-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still wouldnt mind us trading down. This draft is deep with D linemen. Move down some and somehow get into the 3rd round.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/...tight-end.html

I'm not super excited about DJ Williams as a pure TE prospect, but i didn't know about how much Musgrave liked his two TE sets.

Considering all 3 of our TE's are FA's following this next season, would you guys be surprised to see us take a TE early like maybe rudolph in the 2nd round? Will he fall that far?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Taking one early would surprise me. But to be honest we need so much help in every position, they are so many different directions we could go in the draft that would benefit us. Well, I guess taking a RB high would surprise me.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see a TE in the later half of the draft... However I think the Vikes have more important needs to fufil in the first 2 rounds.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

The more I think about it, I really not super impressed by any QBs in this draft. Gabbert is my favorite, but we have little shot at him. And there are some guys I like in the later rounds that would be good project types(Ponder, Dalton, Enderle). But we have Webb for our project QB.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw on NFL Network today that we are working out Jake Locker. I like that.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Saw on NFL Network today that we are working out Jake Locker. I like that.
Yessssssssssssssssssss
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Actually, we are going to have all of them in for a visit at some point, Mallett, Locker, Newton, Ponder, Gabbert.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, we are going to have all of them in for a visit at some point, Mallett, Locker, Newton, Ponder, Gabbert.
Yeah but you always remember the first one the most.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Yeah but you always remember the first one the most.
First and last.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
First and last.
How true. Are we talking about the same thing?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft an OT in the 1st I will staple my dick to a burning building. Wish list for round 1 in order of preference.
1. Locker
2. Amukamara
3. Fairley
4. Bowers
5. Julio Jones
Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind if they took Tyron Smith, but I just don't think they will. As I don't think they are as down on McKinnie as some fans/media are.

My prefernence at 12 is a QB(Gabbert/Newton/Locker)/Prince Amukamara/Quinn or Bowers. If they are all gone I want to trade down and take Cameron Jordan/Jimmy Smith/Ryan Mallet or Christian Ponder(If we can get into the 20's).

Last edited by Crazy_Chris : 03-18-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Newton at all for a multitude of reasons. One, we already have an athletic quarterback that needs development. Two, I am sick of always being in the center of the media attention.

My order of preference in round 1 would be this:
1. Gabbert
2. Locker
3. Amukamara
4. Quinn
5. Bowers
6. Jones

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

I keep seeing rumors of us being interested in Tyron Smith and it's starting to worry me. Last year we were linked to Cook and we took him and the year before we were linked to Harvin and we took him. Could we benefit from upgrading our tackles? Absolutely, but they are far from a weakness and we have much bigger needs elsewhere. Smith just looks like a guy that is going to bust. Sure he is built like a Greek God and has the athleticism to match, but he played RT at USC and played at under 300 pounds. Will he be able to keep that weight on? Can he play LT or are we going to be spending a high pick on a RT? I just don't trust USC guys for some reason. I'm not impressed by any of the other tackles either, and I certainly don't think they are worthy of being drafted at 12.

I think we take a QB if the guy they want is there, take an elite defensive lineman that falls or we trade back and try to get a 3rd rounder. Hopefully all this OT talk is just a smokescreen and we grab an elite guy that can contribute from day 1.

Last edited by FuzzyGopher : 03-19-2011 at 04:29 PM.
FuzzyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not take a QB in the 1ST. If you could get Locker in the 2ND Go for it, I would take Prince,Quinn,JJ Watt in the 1ST.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Locker will not be there in the 2nd round. He wont make it out of the top 15. I bet my house on it.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Heisman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
I keep seeing rumors of us being interested in Tyron Smith and it's starting to worry me. Last year we were linked to Cook and we took him and the year before we were linked to Harvin and we took him. Could we benefit from upgrading our tackles? Absolutely, but they are far from a weakness and we have much bigger needs elsewhere. Smith just looks like a guy that is going to bust. Sure he is built like a Greek God and has the athleticism to match, but he played RT at USC and played at under 300 pounds. Will he be able to keep that weight on? Can he play LT or are we going to be spending a high pick on a RT? I just don't trust USC guys for some reason. I'm not impressed by any of the other tackles either, and I certainly don't think they are worthy of being drafted at 12.

I think we take a QB if the guy they want is there, take an elite defensive lineman that falls or we trade back and try to get a 3rd rounder. Hopefully all this OT talk is just a smokescreen and we grab an elite guy that can contribute from day 1.

I'm also in the camp who wouldn't love an OT in the 1st, but think about it. if we are deciding we dont have the ammo to trade up, and either:

A. The top 3 QB's are gone (Locker goes to WASH)
OR
B. The QB we really want can be had later (Ponder, Mallett, Dalton, Stanzi?)

Drafting an LT with Tyron Smith's potential and our QBoTF in the same draft sounds pretty sick. Maybe we would just decide to trade down and grab our QB Later but going into a draft with a huge need of a LT tends do lead to huge, huge reaches