Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...3350143.column

Quote:
The team might want to consider moving J'Marcus Webb to left tackle, and probably will.
What do you do to replace one of the worst tackles in the NFL? Move someone who was even worse there. GENIUS! SUPER BOWLZ!

"Hey, guys. I think Wide Receiver is a problem area, so we should probably bench Knox in favor of Rashied Davis."

Also...

Quote:
If Florida interior lineman Mike Pouncey, twin brother of Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey, is available when the Bears draft in the first round, he would be a good fit because he has played center and guard. The Bears could start him at guard with the idea of moving him to center when Kreutz moves on.
Grrrrrrrr! Dan Pompeii needs to be punched in his stupid face.

Quote:
If the Bears' highest-rated defensive lineman is a tackle who can rush the passer, they can go that route as well. Among the possibilities are Miami's Allen Bailey, Illinois' Corey Liuget, Oregon State's Stephen Paea and North Carolina's Marvin Austin.
Ah! The stupid! It burns!
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A first two rounds of Pouncey and Austin would make damn sure this team gets a good housecleaning next year.....

Unless we get insanely lucky again. Sigh.....

Just.....sigh......

Webb at LT.....more sigh......
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lenard Hankerson would be a nice pick at the end of the first.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to Hank in the 1st. Inconsistent and slow is not what I'm looking for that early.

I remember talk of Webb to the left side...just thought he played his way out of that conversation.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm comforted by the fact that Pompei is almost always wrong.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greg Little, anyone?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down with that.^

So I guess theres some rumblings about getting rid of Chuck Taylor. Can I start yearning for Demarco Murray yet?
Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a major inundation of capable running backs in the late rounds or in the UDFA ranks every year...

IIRC, the top two rookie rushers from this past year were Chris Ivory and LeGarette Blount...both undrafted.

I'd be just fine spending higher picks on good blocking for Forte and looking for a speedy back in the later rounds or after the draft.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Well in my Demarco fantasy we sign Mankins first..but thanks for making me sad.

And with his injuries I wouldn't force it so 3rd round at the earliest.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
There is a major inundation of capable running backs in the late rounds or in the UDFA ranks every year...

IIRC, the top two rookie rushers from this past year were Chris Ivory and LeGarette Blount...both undrafted.

I'd be just fine spending higher picks on good blocking for Forte and looking for a speedy back in the later rounds or after the draft.
Why get a speedy back? Forte has 4.4 speed. His compliment should be a power back who can hit linemen for that extra half yard when there's no hole, i.e. whoever wins out in training camp between Harvey Unga/Kahlil Bell.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Why get a speedy back? Forte has 4.4 speed. His compliment should be a power back who can hit linemen for that extra half yard when there's no hole, i.e. whoever wins out in training camp between Harvey Unga/Kahlil Bell.
Forte ran a 4.5 at the combine. Granted he plays faster than he times. I'd agree with you though... Forte is big, but he's not a power guy.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never quite understood the fascination with finding a 2nd back that is a specific type of back. We don't need a thunder / banger back.

I could understand this if your feature back was someone like Brandon Jacobs who doesn't catch passes out of the backfield and isn't elusive.

But, we have Forte, who does everything well.

We don't need a specific kind of back. We just need a real legitimate talented back up RB. No matter how he plays. Teams make bad draft picks all the time trying to create a lightning/thunder combo.

Just find us a good back. Starks last year would have worked.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Given how I think JA will handle things with the o-line, here is my current top 4 picks for us:

1st Round - C/G Steven Wisniewski, Penn State - Could plug in at C right away if Kreutz is not retained or, if he is, can at least make for an upgrade at either guard position. Won't blow you away with strength or athleticism, but is a good technician with a lot of starting experience. Good value at the end of the first.

2nd round - DT Jurell Casey, USC - Adams is a free agent and I don't see us keeping Tommie at his current price. That leaves us with Toeiana and Melton. We'll need at least another player to work into the rotation and I think Casey is the type JA will like.

3rd round - S Jeron Johnson, Boise State - Dan Manning is a free agent and I've read that he will test the market. I think someone out there will pay him more than we will offer. That leaves us with Harris who I think will need to be replaced sooner rather than later, and likely by Major Wright. Johnson is exactly the type of centerfielding we've been missing since Mike Brown was young and healthy. Him paired with Major Wright gives us a solid pair of safeties for the future.

4th round - OT Lee Zeimba, Auburn - All around solid player if a bit unspectacular and has a ton of starting experience in the SEC. Might not be cut out for a LT in the NFL, but he could make for a solid starter at RT, or at worst a backup swing tackle.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that Baron. That would make me a content if not happy Bears fan.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Given how I think JA will handle things with the o-line, here is my current top 4 picks for us:

1st Round - C/G Steven Wisniewski, Penn State - Could plug in at C right away if Kreutz is not retained or, if he is, can at least make for an upgrade at either guard position. Won't blow you away with strength or athleticism, but is a good technician with a lot of starting experience. Good value at the end of the first.

2nd round - DT Jurell Casey, USC - Adams is a free agent and I don't see us keeping Tommie at his current price. That leaves us with Toeiana and Melton. We'll need at least another player to work into the rotation and I think Casey is the type JA will like.

3rd round - S Jeron Johnson, Boise State - Dan Manning is a free agent and I've read that he will test the market. I think someone out there will pay him more than we will offer. That leaves us with Harris who I think will need to be replaced sooner rather than later, and likely by Major Wright. Johnson is exactly the type of centerfielding we've been missing since Mike Brown was young and healthy. Him paired with Major Wright gives us a solid pair of safeties for the future.

4th round - OT Lee Zeimba, Auburn - All around solid player if a bit unspectacular and has a ton of starting experience in the SEC. Might not be cut out for a LT in the NFL, but he could make for a solid starter at RT, or at worst a backup swing tackle.
5th Round: Korey Lindsay
6th Round: Armando Allen
7th Round: Developmental O-lineman

Thats a draft I would enjoy.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

So I've watched more and more film and talked myself into basically being in love with Gabe Carimi. Like, big time. My #1 O lineman now.

Also, I'm starting to think that Rodney Hudson is the best center prospect in this draft.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

What took you so long? ;) 1-2 combo of Carimi and Hudson would get my attention but Hudson is still small. He's not the 285 everyone was worried about, but I'd be cautious about drafting him into a division with the Williams Wall, BJ Raji, and NDonkeyKong Suh.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

It wouldn't surprise me at all if GB drafted someone like Phil Taylor to play NT & moved Raji to end.

I like Hudson as well. But, realistically I expect Kreutz to be back next season. Probably just hold off and take someone like Brewster next year.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm on the Danny Watkins train myself, at least from what I've read. His best football is ahead of him and seems like a guy Tice could work wonders with. Hopefully Tice and Ruskell will give Jerry some insight in a postion he obviously has no idea what to look for. I can't Jerry taking another offensive tackle in the first round again. Although I'd start burning effigies if he passed on Carimi.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Wavy77
Rookie

Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.Wavy77 is a cocksman.

1st round: With this pick I think we need to go either LT, UT or WR. The names I have at OT are Derrek Sherrod and Anthony Castonzo. DT should be a priority and the name I see as a better fit tan any is Drake Nevis, LSU. Great explosive one gap penetrator that would compliment our defensive line in a fantastic way, especially when you think about how much better Julius Peppers would be if he didn't have to do all of the work himself. Corey Liuget is also an intriguing name there.
At WR Jon Baldwin is the name I'm coming back to. Big, physical and fast guy who can fight for the ball. Definitely a Jay Cutler type of receiver. My only question mark is how he will respond the Martz-playbook.

2nd round: here we can look more at interior offensive linemen. Jason Pinkston and Rodney Hudson are the two names I'm looking for right here. I don't see Stephen Wisniewski falling this far, but if he is I'd be all over him. Some DTs that could make it here could be Marvin Austin or Stephen Paea. I know Paea has a 1st round grade with some, but his injured knee could cause him to fall a bit. A couple of linebackers prospects I'm also intrigued by: Martez Wilson and KJ Wright. Both tall MLB types that fit a 4-3.
Wavy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Camazing5

Default Trade for Picks, assuming new CBA gets done.

I think that the Bears should without a doubt use there first round pick on an OT (I like the kid out of Wisconsin, but I'm a BigTen guy...can't help it). I wouldn't be made at seeing a Tommy Harris or Chester Taylor trade for some draft picks in the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round. I think the Bears need to also invest in a cornerback and a Tall Wide Receiver (6'2'' Mininium). In the later rounds they should also think about drafting depth at LB and S and another OL pick wouldn't hurt. If a trade of Tommy Harris were to happen then draft a DT in the mid rounds.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Camazing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
5th Round: Korey Lindsay
6th Round: Armando Allen
7th Round: Developmental O-lineman

Thats a draft I would enjoy.
I go to SIUC and Korey Lindsay is not worth drafting. I would go with a tall wide receiver in this position. Or maybe an athletic LB.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camazing5 View Post
I wouldn't be made at seeing a Tommy Harris or Chester Taylor trade for some draft picks in the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th round.
Great idea. After that, we can trade Rashied Davis for a couple of first rounders.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any interest in signing Braylon Edwards?

*ducks*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Anyone have any interest in signing Braylon Edwards?

*ducks*
If we need to sign a receiver to drop passes, I'd rather James Jones because he'll probably be a bit cheaper.