Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Derek Sherrod and Marvin Austin seem like the two most likely options, but who knows. It's a fools errand to expect much accuracy past the top 10-15 picks.
Yeah, I think the 2nd round QBs are all going to go at the bottom of the first which will help us.

I think Ponder, Dalton, Mallet, all go in the first. Along with Newton & Gabbert, obviously. That's 5/29 right there. Which makes a trade very likely too. Maybe can rob some team desperate for one of them.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That video made me more comfortable taking Austin. It's hard to judge him on his relationship with his Mom, that's common in black culture, where they are often single parents. I have no idea if that's the case with him, but I don't think it has much to do with his draft stock. Dude loves his Mom.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That video made me more comfortable taking Austin. It's hard to judge him on his relationship with his Mom, that's common in black culture, where they are often single parents. I have no idea if that's the case with him, but I don't think it has much to do with his draft stock. Dude loves his Mom.
If Newton's relationship with his father doesn't take him out of consideration for the top pick Austin's relationship with his mom definitely shouldn't take him out of late first round consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barring colossal free fall by someone:

1A) Pouncey
1B) Carimi
Trade down
Baldwin/McClain

That's about it.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:13 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not buying the McClain bs.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I am not buying the McClain bs.
I am. Not in the 1st though.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I hope you didn't think that's what I meant. If Pouncey's there he's our guy. If hes gone and Carimi is there hes our guy, but if neither are there we trade down. Then I think we go Baldwin and McClain in round 2.

Or do you just not believe we're taking McClain at all?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Yeah, I hope you didn't think that's what I meant. If Pouncey's there he's our guy. If hes gone and Carimi is there hes our guy, but if neither are there we trade down. Then I think we go Baldwin and McClain in round 2.

Or do you just not believe we're taking McClain at all?
I just don't believe we are taking McClain at all.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
I just don't believe we are taking McClain at all.
Why don't you think we'll draft him?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Why don't you think we'll draft him?
Just because of where he's projected to go. I think we take a OT-OG-C at the end of the 2nd, and a DT/WR in the first.

If we slide down, grab another pick in the 2nd, maybe we take him, but I just am not buying it.

I am just hoping all these QBs jump off the board early, because teams will panic and trade up into the first to grab their 2nd tier guy.

I would love to rape a team like Oakland who loves Kaepernick (spelling?).
Old 04-28-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Dan Bazuin thinks we'll take McClain in round 2.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Christian Ponder? lololololololololol

At least we know who's gonna be 4th place in the north for the next 5 years.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Suh and Fairley are going to be scary good. That picks just bumps OG up a notch as a need.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing unexpected so far as it concerns us at the moment. My top 10 available looks like this:

1) Prince Amukamara
2) Gabe Carimi
3) Anthony Castonzo
4) Derrick Sherrod
5) Da'Quan Bowers
6) Cameron Jordan (as a UT)
7) Muhammad Wilkerson (as a NT, obviously)
8) Marvin Austin
9) Danny Watkins
10) Andy Dalton....I kid.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That said, if I can't get one of the top 3 lineman I'm dying to trade down.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Suh and Fairley are going to be scary good. That picks just bumps OG up a notch as a need.
They already had arguably the best DT rotation in the NFL.

GL Kreutz.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will the Bears make their first first round pick in 3 years?

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CARIMI!!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Beast.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome sauce

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we were either trying to trade up with Baltimore to get James Baldwin or Carimi(or possibly Ingram but unlikely) but thankfully the trade didn't go through. Really happy with Carimi as the pick but shocked he fell as far as he did.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
So we were either trying to trade up with Baltimore to get James Baldwin or Carimi(or possibly Ingram but unlikely) but thankfully the trade didn't go through. Really happy with Carimi as the pick but shocked he fell as far as he did.
It was Carimi.

Carimi could be a 10 year starter at RT. I was never real high on Carimi but im ok with this pick. Tice is high on him and I think he'll definitely help the team.

At least we know what our OL will look like.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

BONER BONER BONER BONER ROCKIN EVERYWHERE!!!

My numero uno pick. You're ******* welcome.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoping for someone from this list in the second:

Stefan Wisniewski, OC
Rodney Hudson, OC
Jurrell Casey, DT
Jarvis Jenkins, DT
Marvin Austin, DT
Orlando Franklin, OT/OG
Clint Boling, OG
Davon House, CB
John Moffitt, OG/OC
Ben Ijalana, OT
Leonard Hankerson, WR
Greg Little, WR
Ras-I Dowling, CB

Just heaps of sexy, sexy talent left in this draft. So deep.

As for the first rounder...Yeah. Damned good. I love a guy who plays like he wants to kill the opposition. Opposite of Chris Williams.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Good list. I'm a big Hudson fan. I do think Terrell McClain is a realistic option at 62.