Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
It would be really nice if there were an Alex Mack / Maurkice Pouncey in this draft.

Sucks.
O'Dowd might be the closest to one of those types, but his injury history isn't exactly clean. I'd definitely take him in the late 2nd round though.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
O'Dowd might be the closest to one of those types, but his injury history isn't exactly clean. I'd definitely take him in the late 2nd round though.
Yeah, I like O'Dowd as well as Tyron Smith who is a steal if he comes out.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Eesh...Scott gave us Solder with Sherrod still on the board. I'd be fuming on draft day if that's how it went.

Solder is just too raw, and we could use a guy who could step in right away and play well. And in his write up for Sherrod (taken by the Falcons several picks later,) he writes: "...but few, if any, offer the total package of Mississippi State’s Derek Sherrod. An outstanding all-around player with everything you look for at the position...."

DO WANT!
Yeah, its like Scott included the JA Factor in his mocking formula.

Solders problems are obvious but I'm not impressed with Sherrod like you are. I'm not disappointed either, its just, idk. You like him because hes serviceable in all areas with a flash now and then, which would be awesome for us especially in a 1st round pick. But that same reason is why I'm not sold on him. I want a guy who is great at at least one thing and serviceable in all the others.

So, at tackle, I'm feeling a Carimi pick more and more for his awesome run blocking and ok-to-solid pass pro. RT in the first? Maybe, or maybe he just has to be better than Omiyale at LT :/
Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
Yeah, its like Scott included the JA Factor in his mocking formula.

Solders problems are obvious but I'm not impressed with Sherrod like you are. I'm not disappointed either, its just, idk. You like him because hes serviceable in all areas with a flash now and then, which would be awesome for us especially in a 1st round pick. But that same reason is why I'm not sold on him. I want a guy who is great at at least one thing and serviceable in all the others.

So, at tackle, I'm feeling a Carimi pick more and more for his awesome run blocking and ok-to-solid pass pro. RT in the first? Maybe, or maybe he just has to be better than Omiyale at LT :/
It's really hard for us to go wrong as long as we end up with a long term starter somewhere on the o-line. Knowing JA, we won't even take an OL in the first, but this is a good year to find guys who can start right away in the 2nd/3rd rounds along the o-line.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyron Smith declared.

I am on board..
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
Tyron Smith declared.

I am on board..
I think he'll be overdrafted based on the ridiculous workouts I expect him to put up.

He's undersized at 285 and might need a year in a pro workout program to be physically prepared....and he's also only played RT. That's not to say he can't play LT, but I would have liked to see him actually do it.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked that interview with Sherrod. I'm not as high on him as some but he's a good looking player and can start at either LT or RT. I'd be happy if he was our 1st round pick.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here. I don't love him but he's certainly winning me over. I'd have zero problems with Sherrod first.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could play either LT or RT for us. I prefer him as a LT.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

This morning I was so on board with Floyd but after tonights win, Earls last couple games playing like a lot of us hoped he would, Johnnys big catch, Devins TD, Rashieds TD for goodness sake...I think we can put that big physical WR need down a rung. But Lord have mercy on our run game. Woof.

DeCastro, Sherrod/Carimi, or Cannon in the first is a must.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
This morning I was so on board with Floyd but after tonights win, Earls last couple games playing like a lot of us hoped he would, Johnnys big catch, Devins TD, Rashieds TD for goodness sake...I think we can put that big physical WR need down a rung. But Lord have mercy on our run game. Woof.

Leonard Hankerson in the 2nd after taking any o-lineman in the first is my current ideal.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do the bears need to think about drafting a replacement MLB?

Urlacher has been one of the big keys to the defense. Peppers is locked up, Idonje seems suitable, our DT rotation seems solid. I am worried that only a year or two more will be there for Urlacher.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post

Urlacher has been one of the big keys to the defense. Peppers is locked up, Idonje seems suitable, our DT rotation seems solid. I am worried that only a year or two more will be there for Urlacher.
If we look for an athletic youngster in the 4th/5th round to develop, I'd settle for that this year.

Assuming it's a guy we actually keep for more than a year....because we've been cutting drafted linebackers left and right it seems.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Cutting or trading at least. Alex Wujciak, Casey Mathews, or Mark Herzlich all fit. Ive said before Herzy would be so awesome I wouldn't mind taking him before more pressing needs. Reminds me of a more athletic Ben Leber.

And it would be cool not to draft a 6'0 230lb. WLB again...
Old 12-21-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So in the December Forum Mock, I was given control of the Bears. Here is the thread:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44427

And this is the draft I went with...

25. Nate Solder, OT Colorado
57. Ben Ijalana, OT Villanova
89. Leonard Hankerson, WR Miami
121. Corey Liuget, DT Illinois
153. Brandon Boykin, CB Georgia

Obviously attacked the OLine with the 1st two picks, added a receiver with some size in Hankerson in the 3rd, and then went and brought in a UT and CB with crazy physical ability and a lot of potential.

Have at it...
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
So in the December Forum Mock, I was given control of the Bears. Here is the thread:

Obviously attacked the OLine with the 1st two picks, added a receiver with some size in Hankerson in the 3rd, and then went and brought in a UT and CB with crazy physical ability and a lot of potential.

Have at it...
I'm very upset that I missed it this time around after practically running the last one...

Anywho, I'm not a big Solder guy, but it is a position of need and I've looked at who was available, and there weren't many better options. So I'd be ok with it there.

Ijalana is solid.

Hankerson in the 3rd is where you win major points. Did everyone else forget about him? He has no business going outside of the 2nd round....steal at that point and exactly the type of WR I'd love to add.

The others...depth players at positions where we could use some depth. Solid overall effort.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

Yeah I wouldn't have much problem even switching our 2nd and 3rds to be honest. 1st pick would sting a little though.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just curious what you guys think about OT Joseph Barksdale out of LSU. I've heard several reviews calling this guy underrated and sleeper. Not many major sites have even mentioned him but the ones that do continue to say this guy is underrated. What I hear about him is very good. Anybody have any opinions on him. He sounds very interesting as a possible late 1st or 2nd round selection.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
Just curious what you guys think about OT Joseph Barksdale out of LSU. I've heard several reviews calling this guy underrated and sleeper. Not many major sites have even mentioned him but the ones that do continue to say this guy is underrated. What I hear about him is very good. Anybody have any opinions on him. He sounds very interesting as a possible late 1st or 2nd round selection.
I am in the minority here, but I don't even think he's as good as Ciron Block was last year.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post

Have at it...
Really good, but obviously not realistic.

Liuget is going back to Illinois and will be a first rounder next season.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:

Dont forget Knox's big drop. ;) I dont want us to reach for a WR. There should be an O linemen worth the pick in the 1st and thats a bigger need. WR in the 2nd though should definitely be an option. Should be some good looking guys there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post

I would just worry about it in a year or 2. I hope we resign Pisa. He can play MLB.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I would just worry about it in a year or 2. I hope we resign Pisa. He can play MLB.
Pisa can't play anything. The guy is never healthy.

Anyway, best Bears mock ever: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44525

Unrealistic, I think, but amazing.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Pisa can't play anything. The guy is never healthy.

Anyway, best Bears mock ever: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44525

Unrealistic, I think, but amazing.
Our 3rd rounder changed since I commented on it....don't remember who was there though. Meh to Hightower, but that would still be a great round 1 and 2.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:39 AM    (permalink
shady00
Rookie

shady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairshady00 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Danny Watkins, OT/G from Baylor interests me a lot. Strong blocker with long arms who could help bolster our interior.

Marcus Cannon is another OL the Bears could use. A huge blocker who's having a great year for TCU.

I'd like to trade down and get both of them.

At wideout, I love Titus Young out of Boise State. A speedy, reliable deep threat who just screams Mike Wallace to me. Him and Knox could burn secondaries together.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, with who I think there's a chance to be left when we pick in the first, this would be my draft board:

1. Derek Sherrod, LT/RT, Mississippi State
2. Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3. Anthony Castonzo, LT, Boston College
4. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
5. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
6. DeMarcus Love, OG/RT, Arkansas
7. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
8. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
9. Try to trade down (I see a hell of a lot of value in the second round)
10. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
11. Nate Solder, LT, Colorado
12. Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State

Obviously, things may change after the combine, but that's where it sits right now.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote