Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-30-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and someone needs to be knocking on Logan Mankins' door at 12:01 on the first day of free agency.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
So, with who I think there's a chance to be left when we pick in the first, this would be my draft board:

1. Derek Sherrod, LT/RT, Mississippi State
2. Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
3. Anthony Castonzo, LT, Boston College
4. Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
5. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
6. DeMarcus Love, OG/RT, Arkansas
7. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
8. Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
9. Try to trade down (I see a hell of a lot of value in the second round)
10. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
11. Nate Solder, LT, Colorado
12. Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State

Obviously, things may change after the combine, but that's where it sits right now.
#1 to me would be trade down. I like a lot of the 2nd and 3rd round guys.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Liuget comes out he makes great scheme sense and should be projected as a later first. I like him better than Drake Nevis..
Old 12-30-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
If Liuget comes out he makes great scheme sense and should be projected as a later first. I like him better than Drake Nevis..
Says the Illini homer, lol

I'm not disagreeing, I've seen less of Liuget than I have of Nevis, but I love me some Nevis. If we have to take him in the first to get him, I'd support it.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still haven't come to terms with the fact we'll have a first round pick for the first time since 2008.

Hopefully this means Bears fans won't start measuring our third round picks for their Hall of Fame jacket during the offseason anymore.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Says the Illini homer, lol

I'm not disagreeing, I've seen less of Liuget than I have of Nevis, but I love me some Nevis. If we have to take him in the first to get him, I'd support it.
I like Nevis as well, but I like Liuget a bit more. Liuget is a bigger, more explosive, and the better athlete. He returned kickoffs in high school at 260+ lbs to put his athleticism in perspective.

Liuget is going to really start to rise. Rumor around town is he's coming out.

I'd love to see a DT who could really be a menace inside next to Peppers. Like a prime Tommie Harris and Peppers on the same DL? That would have been fun to watch.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Nevis as well, but I like Liuget a bit more. Liuget is a bigger, more explosive, and the better athlete. He returned kickoffs in high school at 260+ lbs to put his athleticism in perspective.

Liuget is going to really start to rise. Rumor around town is he's coming out.

I'd love to see a DT who could really be a menace inside next to Peppers. Like a prime Tommie Harris and Peppers on the same DL? That would have been fun to watch.
Well, if he comes out and grades well, it gives us two options I'd be happy with at DT.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Well, if he comes out and grades well, it gives us two options I'd be happy with at DT.
I like Bailey as well. I'd take any of them. I think there is 3 options in our range at DT.

Not to mention one of the WR's that's going to fall & the OL..
Old 01-02-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the Mississippi State vs Michigan game. Sherrod definitely did not play like a top 15 pick. Guys getting a bit overrated. Not saying he's a bad player but the fringe 1st/early 2nd is a good grade for him.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Korey Lindsay in round 5.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Aldon Smith declares.

Another DE in the pool.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Aldon Smith declares.

Another DE in the pool.
For us or in general?

Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
For us or in general?
He got a 1st round grade from the draft committee. They don't often throw out those grades.

I would absolutely take him by the looks of where we will be picking.

But I was speaking more in general. Another really good prospect declares. This is a good thing for us.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
He got a 1st round grade from the draft committee. They don't often throw out those grades.

I would absolutely take him by the looks of where we will be picking.

But I was speaking more in general. Another really good prospect declares. This is a good thing for us.
He's going to have to bulk up to play 3-4 OLB. We seem to be high on king sized DEs. He reminds me a lot of Aaron Maybin.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st rd: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt
2nd rd: Demarcus Love OT Ark.
3rd rd: Marvin Austin DT NC
4th rd: Shareece Wright CB USC

Or

Trade 1st, 3rd, J Knox, and next years second for Larry Fitz ^_^ i know unrealistic but a guy can hope right?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I'd be angry with Baldwin in the first. He's a project who will take some work.....I'll pass.

Love in the 2nd would be good.

Austin isn't worth a 3rd round...I don't get all the fascination with him...is it still his high school hype? He didn't look very good while playing at UNC, and now with the year off....later rounder at best. He'd have to work out real well to rise higher than that in my book.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I'd be angry with Baldwin in the first. He's a project who will take some work.....I'll pass.

Love in the 2nd would be good.

Austin isn't worth a 3rd round...I don't get all the fascination with him...is it still his high school hype? He didn't look very good while playing at UNC, and now with the year off....later rounder at best. He'd have to work out real well to rise higher than that in my book.
Baldwin isnt really a project. He's a good all around player who comes from a pro style system. He also had a very productive college career. Its not his fault he played with a garbage QB in a run 1st O. If he falls to us Id be all over him.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
1st rd: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt
2nd rd: Demarcus Love OT Ark.
3rd rd: Marvin Austin DT NC
4th rd: Shareece Wright CB USC

Or

Trade 1st, 3rd, J Knox, and next years second for Larry Fitz ^_^ i know unrealistic but a guy can hope right?
I dont think it would even take that much to get Fitz. A 1st and 2nd should do it.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Baldwin isnt really a project. He's a good all around player who comes from a pro style system. He also had a very productive college career. Its not his fault he played with a garbage QB in a run 1st O. If he falls to us Id be all over him.
He struggles to get separation and has already shown some diva-like behavior throwing his team under the bus after declaring.

Even if they seem like they can barely speak English sometimes during interviews, I'd rather have personalities like Knox and Hester.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

Quote:
He struggles to get separation and has already shown some diva-like behavior throwing his team under the bus after declaring.

Even if they seem like they can barely speak English sometimes during interviews, I'd rather have personalities like Knox and Hester.
I've been on record for months saying he was the most overrated prospect in this class.

If you want the straight line one trick pony - you take Floyd out of Notre Dame who doesn't come with even half the baggage.

Baldwin is no scholar himself when he speaks. I would stay far away from this one.

However, he is talented and will get picked in the 2nd round.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really Regoob? If that's possible I'd be all over it. Fitz is a superstar WR that would help Cutler out immensely. If they wanted both picks in the same year i'd say no but would counter offer with a 1st and 6th (or 5th) this year and a second next year.

Btw, we all know we need to fix the O-line but what's everybody's take on what we should be addressing beyond that?

My list goes like this, 1: OG/C 2:OT 3:CB 4:DT 5:FB 6:WR 7:OLB 8:TE 9:DE 10:S
My list is based off of our long term talent depth, compared with immediate need. So basically is their a working starter there and will he be here in two years.

OG/C: Kreutz and Garza are at the end of their ropes. Both are aged veterans who due more to craftiness have held it together this year. Chris Williams is sub par but will most likely be given a year or two more to prove he can handle the position. This is both an immediate need and a talent deficient spot.

OT: Jay Cutler needs to be protected and the current group is not getting it done. I'd like to see Webb get a season more before I slam the door shut on him, but an upgrade at LT is in dire need. This spot is terribly deficient in long term talent. Immediate need is there, but not as pressing as G/C is.

CB: Tillman is **** in coverage, and although Tim Jennings played well for us, I dunno if he's our answer at corner. DJ Moore has played well at the nickel position though, so props to him. i hope Tillman would come back as a special coach to teach that punch out move of his, that is his one excellent trait. Here is a place where I believe we again have immediate need, and a need in long term talent.

DT: Both our starters performed admirably. Who were they again? These guys are not pass rushers and I understand that, but we need to find some talented motivated guys to collapse the pocket from the inside. I once thought Marcus Harrison could be that guy but he hasn't shown up in awhile. I admit that Henry Melton makes for an excellent situational pass rusher though.

FB: We don't have one on the roster, and I dunno where to find the stat, but I think I remember hearing that Forte had like another yard per carry when he ran behind a full back. Yes please. But as for a breakdown, we have a poor run blocking offensive line, and I think adding a guy who can just blast guys out of the hole would really help our running game.

WR: We have long term talent and we have decent starters, so why is it on this list? No number 1. I like Knox, and it is within the realm of possibility that he becomes that "guy" but I'm not holding my breath. We do not have a talent who on a poor throw goes up and gets the ball. So what we are looking for here is just a talent. A guy who is that go to guy.

OLB: Not Briggs! Pisa is a good linebacker, and Roach filled in admirably, but we still have no one for the strong side once Pisa is done in a year or two. Roach looked pretty good, but not on Pisa's level, let alone Brigg's or Urlachers. So it is time to look for the heir apparent on the SLB side.

TE: I do not like Greg Olsen's bad blocking, but okay. Kellen Davis is super athletic so I expect to start seeing him more next year. All we need is a third guy who is balanced, a good blocker and solid receiver. Manu-whatever isn't cutting it and Dez is long in the tooth.

DE: Some will argue this needs to be higher, but I am high on this group. I think Izzy does a really good job, but I am really high on Corey Wooten. He is learning from Peppers and I think will be a great player one day. Plus it just tickles me that he knocked Favre on his ass. But, even though I think he will be good, doesnt mean he will be, and even if he is good, who knows if Peppers will still be playing at such a high level.

S: Chris Harris has played well. I like what Major Wright brings, my only concern is can this group stay healthy? I would like to eventually find a replacement for Harris whom I just don't trust, but he is a solid starter.

So there's my reasoning! Have fun tearing it up!

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 01-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
I've been on record for months saying he was the most overrated prospect in this class.

If you want the straight line one trick pony - you take Floyd out of Notre Dame who doesn't come with even half the baggage.

Baldwin is no scholar himself when he speaks. I would stay far away from this one.

However, he is talented and will get picked in the 2nd round.
Baldwin is academic all-conference. I dont understand how one comment completely changes are his perceived character.

Old 01-12-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Really Regoob? If that's possible I'd be all over it. Fitz is a superstar WR that would help Cutler out immensely. If they wanted both picks in the same year i'd say no but would counter offer with a 1st and 6th (or 5th) this year and a second next year.
Well only if they actually wanted to trade him, which I doubt they would. Keep in mind the monster contract the new team would have to take on and pay him.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellow Bears fans,

We should draft Christian Ballard in the 2nd or 3rd and Tyler Sash in the 4th or 5th.

That is all.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Fellow Bears fans,

We should draft Christian Ballard in the 2nd or 3rd and Tyler Sash in the 4th or 5th.

That is all.
**** that. We should draft Martez Wilson. Imagine what Rod could do with that type of physical specimen.

I'd love Liuget and Leshoure as well, but we have other needs that trump DT and RB that early.

I'm still on the OL, OL, OL, OL, WR, OL, OL, OL, OL, DT board though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote