Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-25-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Pre-Camp Depth Chart

Watchya got?

QB - Freeman
Johnson
Snead
Carpenter

RB - Williams
Graham
Ward
Smith

FB - Pressley

WR - Benn
Stroughter
Williams
Brown
Stovall
Clayton

TE - Winslow
Stevens
Gilmore

LT - Penn
Lee

LG - Zuttah
Fulton

C - Faine
Compas

RG - Joseph
Dile

RT - Trueblood
Demar Dotson

RE - White
Crowder
Bennett

UT - McCoy
Price
Moore

NT - Price
Miller
Sims

LE - Moore
Evans
Lorig

Will - Hayes
Alston
McCoy

Mike - Ruud
Koutouvides

Sam - Black
Crowell
Watson

CB - Barber
Lewis
Biggers
Roberson

FS - Jackson
Lynch

SS - Jones
Piscitelli

CB - Talib
Mack
Biggers
Roberson

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 04-26-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: wrong positions for some cats.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks about right.

The WR positions would be very much wide open. Having a very hard time figuring where everyone would be. Could see big differences in how the oepning day depth chart would be. I think Benn and Williams would be lower, rookie WRs usually take a while to produce.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post

RE - White

DT - McCoy
Miller

DT - Price
Miller

LE - Crowder

Will - Hayes
Watson

Mike - Ruud

Sam - Black

CB - Barber
Lewis

FS - Piscitelli

SS - Jackson

CB - Talib
Mack
Price and McCoy are both UTs. We drafted both for pass rushing situations and for rotation. The starting DTs will likely be Miller and McCoy. Miller is the best nose of the 3. Crowder will probably back up White with Kyle Moore starting at LDE. He was drafted for that role and he's developing well. His body and skill-set are perfect for our scheme.

Watson is a backup SAM. He's 240 lbs. and if you watched the post-draft interviews Raheem kept comparing him to Black in terms of size and speed.

I think you mixed up Jackson and Piscitelli.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs said they took Price to play NT but yea they will most likely rotate in and out with Roy Miller.

OP, Sean Jones will start at SS. TJax at FS.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bucs have openly said that they profile Price as more of a NT in our scheme. Take that for what it's worth I guess.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched one press conference where Raheem said Price has the body to play NT and UT, but I'll believe it when I see it. It makes no sense to make Price a nose when his game is built on using his quickness to get in the backfield. With both Price and McCoy starting at DT our run D will be hit or miss....either a TFL or big cutback lane every time. It seems like Raheem is trying to justify the pick by claiming Price has a shot at a starting job, but I see no problem in drafting a rotational guy in the 2nd round as long as he LIVES in the backfield, which Price does.

Forgot about Sean Jones...thx.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Price looks more like a UT but a lot of people, including Scott Wright, Mayock, and obviously the Bucs, have him as a 4-3 NT. I guess we shall see.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks fellas. I am but a oversealous Buc fan....still have a lot to learn, even after all these years, of following them.

Can someone break down, what we (the Bucs) look for in each player at each position?

Like what's the main difference between UT and NT in our defense? Is there an ideal player that is in the league that would best fit each position? Size wise is there a difference in what we want for those positions? What makes a kid best suited to play DT in our 4-3, vice a 3-4?

Our linebackers, I assume that you would want the faster one at Will, the smarter one at Mike, the stronger one at Sam. But again, is there a current NFL player that fits what we are looking for at each position? Is there a current collegian (2011 prospect)that fits the bill to a "T"?

Sorry for mixing up the safeties. And apologies to Sean Jones for leaving him out. lol

If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

I don't know if Price is capable of playing NT or not because he rarely anchors....why bother when you can just beat your man and get in the backfield. I hope we don't sacrifice his talents, especially because Roy Miller was drafted in the 3rd last year and fits the scheme perfectly at nose.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

UT and NT are similar size. Both should be more stocky (although we made an exception for McCoy because he's a talent) with the NT typically being 10-15 lbs bigger. Our UT is usually around 290 and his game will be predicating on quickness and 1-gap penetration. The NT has to eat up space and anchor the middle of the defense against the run. Our NTs rarely get many tackles or sacks. With the NT you're looking for a guy with good lower body strength that has a good motor for a thankless job.

The WILL LB is the one that can be smaller as he plays in space and is able to roam sideline to sideline and use speed, quickness and instincts to make tackles. You're looking at 220-230ish.

MLB is usually the smartest LB on the field that makes the calls in the huddle and audibles when need be. Our MLB is usually the best blitzer of the LBs because we call a Mike fire or zone blitz when we need a boost. The biggest thing about the MLB in the Tampa 2 is that he has to have a good backpedal to get a nice amount of depth in coverage because he covers the middle of the field around 15+ yards deep. Ruud excels at that aspect of the position...heck of a job by our scouting department there.

The SAM is usually (I say usually because Nece/June were small) bigger and thicker and he plays closer to the line and directly supports the run. He has to take on a lot of blocks on the edge. Coverage isn't an issue because the SAM usually gets taken off on nickel and dime situations.

As for collegiate prospects...if you have any specific questions or if you guys wanna discuss the 2011 draft already...I'm all for it.

Don't worry about your mistakes and what not. We all know that you're a passionate Buc fan and your excitement for the team is greatly appreciated. Your desire for knowledge will help you learn quickly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Thanks so much, etk!

What about our secondary and desired attributes/size?

Also if it's not asking too much, could you tell me what current NFL player would be ideal for each position on our defense?

Will save the 2011 questions for the "Looking ahead to the 2011 Draft" thread. lol
Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Our prototype for the secondary is pretty simple. At CB, we look for guys that can press at the LOS, that have good instincts in zone and have good ball skills. We like taller guys on the outside that can support the run and contest passes, but at the same time we like a smaller,quicker guy that can cover the slot and blitz on nickel situations (Barber).

At safety it's all about range, smarts and ball skills. We want guys that can play 2 deep zone, cover a lot of ground and make plays on the ball. John Lynch was ideal because he was a big hitter and run support but he also dedicated himself in the film room and was always in great position. We always have the opportunity to get productive safeties because we don't have to worry about putting them in man coverage...this helps us draft smarter safeties that are better in run support, as long as they can break quickly out of their backpedal and make it to the sideline.

LDE - Kyle Moore is ideal (if he develops). He's got ideal height/weight. He has a solid base to set the edge against the run but he also has some quickness off the edge to provide some rush on 1st and 2nd downs.

RDE - Dwight Freeney. He's explosive off the edge and gets sacks. That's all that matters here...hence why we traded Gaines Adams.

UT - Sedrick Ellis. Quick, penetrating players that can push the pocket.

NT - Roy Miller. Stout with a wide base to anchor against the run, but also with the mobility to shed blocks and skate down the line to make tackles.

WILL - Ernie Sims. Explosive, quick and fast. You need athletes that can roam and make tackles. Coverage is also an asset.

SAM - AJ Hawk. Bigger guy that can take on blocks but also has enough speed to make plays on the edge. Coverage is less of an issue, hence why Hawk fits.

MLB - Ruud. Covers a lot of ground quickly in zone coverage. Smart and capable of blitzing. Ruud's struggles in run support are well-documented but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was made for the T2.

CB - Brandon Flowers. Physical in run support, aggressive and attacks the ball, quick out of his breaks.

NB - Ronde Barber. Explained earlier...Ronde revolutionized this defense.

SS - Kerry Rhodes maybe? Also Adrian Wilson. Bigger guy that can play in the box but also covers enough ground in zone coverage. Hit power is a bonus.

FS - Tanard Jackson. Eraser that can jump in front of the receiver to make INTs and also make the big hit when needed. Tanard covers a lot of ground and makes plays. He was always great in deep coverage and he's gotten better at quickly supporting the run.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Muchos gracias, senor.