Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-13-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

I have my eye on him, but mostly for our SAM position. However, he should do damage at MIKE, this senior bowl is going to be crucial, I can't wait! The total neglect of our LBs is depressing sometimes...
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was disappointed in Boley this season too. He started out hot but fizzled out at the end. Not enough impact plays out of him.

I think in the 2nd half of the season, we took him out of his element. We just had him cover TEs all game. Rarely did we blitz him, or have him play an underneath zone or chase backs out of the backfield. All he did was chase TEs.

I understand its hard to make impact plays when that's what youre told to do, but still, not enough plays. He had no interceptions.

In a defense that plays zone all day, I expect Boley with his range and athleticism to get at least 1 interception.

We didn't blitz Boley enough either. I think as a whole we didn't use him creatively, but I still want more impact out of him. Special players find ways to make plays no matter what role they're in.

Boley is a very good OLB, but he can be better if he brings intensity to every snap. I don't feel like he brings it on every play.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

I Hope Jerry Reese and that draftroom hear our cries....I don't understand the Sintim pick, I wanted Rey Maualuga SO BAD in that draft.....just think about it...reggie torbor, clint sintim and adrian tracy. They should officially convert Sintim to the 4th DE and call the project a failure. I think the only LB that was worth a 1st rd pick was Bruce Carter, and hes on the shelf.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Boley; for many years I wanted a speed WILL and we have it; however, he's not tenacious or violent. You make a good pt, he was in coverage a whole lot, but when he blitzed he always stopped when the opposing RB or FB would be there instead of blowing him up. He's sooo finesse. I'm looking at Adrian Moten from Maryland as a potential pick to shore up our WILL, you should look him up. I'm liking him more and more.; hes tough and fast and plays bigger than his size.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we convert Sintim too. Chances are Kiwi is gone unfortunately, so we could use Sintim as that 4th DE. Perhaps use him as a OLB in our big base package like we did with Kiwi.

But for the most part, just move him to DE and treat him as a pass rusher.

I wonder if we would give Chad Greenway a look in FA. I doubt Minny lets him go though.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

I doubt it, but you never know...Frazier would clamor to management to keep one of his defensive pieces. A former 1st rd pick, Greenway would be a dream come true: a 3 down OLB, durable and with some upside still.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I wonder if we would give Cameron Heyward a look.

I like Heyward. He reminds me of Richard Seymour.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hope we convert Sintim too. Chances are Kiwi is gone unfortunately, so we could use Sintim as that 4th DE. Perhaps use him as a OLB in our big base package like we did with Kiwi.

But for the most part, just move him to DE and treat him as a pass rusher.
That's exactly what I'd do. I loved Sintim coming out but thought he was a bit of a waste in a 4-3. He's just an okay LB in space but his greatest strength is undoubtedly his pass rush. I thought the Giants would be able to utilize his pass rush ability better than most 4-3 teams but they haven't really done so. Correct me if I'm wrong but he has been pretty impressive when he has actually been given the chance to rush off the edge (though most of that may of come in the pre-season). Not to make you sentimental but I think he would be an impact player on your defense if Spags was still around.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
That's exactly what I'd do. I loved Sintim coming out but thought he was a bit of a waste in a 4-3. He's just an okay LB in space but his greatest strength is undoubtedly his pass rush. I thought the Giants would be able to utilize his pass rush ability better than most 4-3 teams but they haven't really done so. Correct me if I'm wrong but he has been pretty impressive when he has actually been given the chance to rush off the edge (though most of that may of come in the pre-season). Not to make you sentimental but I think he would be an impact player on your defense if Spags was still around.
Spags... </3

Yeah, he only really came off the edge his rookie season, and the few times he did, he was impressive. I'd be lying to you if I said he looked great, he clearly had work to do, but he showed promise.

This year he was basically a true LB, and he struggled. Wasn't physical enough. He lost 10 lbs to become more of a true LB and he lost his best attributes bc of it. He's a hammer, a strong guy who can play downhill, and by trying to change him, we took everything good that he did away and all that was left was the mediocre part of his game.

I rather him move to DE, pack on weight, get up to 260, and become a pure DE.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

Quote:
I wonder if we would give Cameron Heyward a look.

I like Heyward. He reminds me of Richard Seymour.

I like him also, that heyward is so versatile and the comparison to Seymour is not a stretch (5 tech/4-3 DT) We need to replenish our DT rotation, with a versatile player like Heyward we can get a more consistent pass rush during the latter half of the upcoming season and be more fresh.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ayers plays soft. I don't want him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherrod or Carimi in round 1, Paea or O'Dowd in round two, Herzlich in round three, DB or RB and/or returner in round 4. Boom victoryzz

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Sherrod or Carimi in round 1, Paea or O'Dowd in round two, Herzlich in round three, DB or RB and/or returner in round 4. Boom victoryzz
That would probably my ideal vision of our draft as well. Maybe substitute Demarco Murray for Herzlich, if he's still available.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I like Murray a lot, but I do admit I'm concerned about his durability. I feel however if we use him in a RBC which I'm almost positive we would, you wouldn't have to worry as much about him breaking down.

It'll be interesting to see if he can fall to the 3rd round.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd jump all over Pouncey in round 2 if he was there.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same here. I think once he does his work outs and preforms at the combine his stock will rise, even with durability issues, so it's more of a pipe dream.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that Penn state guy. I wonder how good he actually be if we drafted him, and he gets polished and developed by our OL coach.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Is Pouncey that good? I keep hearing how he was mediocre at Center this year and was awful early in the year.
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I like that Penn state guy. I wonder how good he actually be if we drafted him, and he gets polished and developed by our OL coach.
I hate drafting players from Penn State. 90% of em wind up being busts or mediocre NFL players.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Pouncey that good? I keep hearing how he was mediocre at Center this year and was awful early in the year.

Florida is the one team I watch. Awful at shotgun snaps, mediocre at times in blocking, much better at guard last year.

But I see him maul and his athletic ability at time comes out. I just think he'd be a great fit at G in our system, or at C if he can get the shotgun snaps worked out. His normal snapping always seemed fine.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Florida is the one team I watch. Awful at shotgun snaps, mediocre at times in blocking, much better at guard last year.

But I see him maul and his athletic ability at time comes out. I just think he'd be a great fit at G in our system, or at C if he can get the shotgun snaps worked out. His normal snapping always seemed fine.
We have enough Guards though. Snapping the ball isn't a big deal to me, you can learn that, what I'm concerned about is his ability to read the blitz, adjust protections, pass protection and run blocking skills.

Did he improve throughout the year or was he mediocre at Center all year long?
Old 01-14-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Pouncey does scare me a little, and not just because of the shotgun snaps. He's a damn good pulling guard/center, because he has absurd quickness and speed for a big guy, but some of his technique can be sloppy. I don't know if he's like his brother either, who absolutely demolishes people at the point of attack and the second level.

Unusual to say for a linemen, but I think he's really a boom or bust type of player.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that stuff can be corrected with good coaching. That's where your position coach comes into play. We have a very good one, so issues like that can be worked on and polished.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
We have enough Guards though. Snapping the ball isn't a big deal to me, you can learn that, what I'm concerned about is his ability to read the blitz, adjust protections, pass protection and run blocking skills.

Did he improve throughout the year or was he mediocre at Center all year long?
There was improvement throughout the year, remember it was his first year at center.

Quote:
All that stuff can be corrected with good coaching. That's where your position coach comes into play. We have a very good one, so issues like that can be worked on and polished.
Completely agreed, he doesn't need to step in right away, with the way we play rookies...
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Question.

So what are you specifically looking for in our next Center? Would you take a raw athlete over a polished guy with average athleticism? Or do you want an intelligent technician who lacks some athleticism but is very capable of making line calls and uses good technique?

The reason I ask is bc no Center that I know of has it all, he's either 1 or the other, so which one do you prefer?