Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

well i talked to mel a bit tonight, i'll share. On castonzo being a LT prospect: " @Bostonblows91 Solid veteran, with 54 straight starts at BC - Good feet, excellent technique, could improve lower body strength. LT or RT" On kendric burney's stock after slow combine 40 " @Bostonblows91 Good football player - 3rd or 4th rd." on being better than mcshay " @Bostonblows91 Having more followers than somebody else isn't the reason I do this. If I had 20 only, that's fine. I love talking football"
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonblows91 View Post
I'd also like to see a D pick, i couldn't argue with an OL pick, but i feel like our offense is further along than our defense is at this point.
I am not sure further along..

Most of our OL guys were hurt, with big time injuries. WR corps was shot, and our RBs were dinged up. Basically Snee and Eli were injury free ALL year. The rest were in and out.

If have to be proactive. That's why I hate that adage, "if it aint broke...."

And when when it breaks, then what? Everyone runs around crazy point fingers whose fault it was? I prefer the proactive approach. Most of our OL men were hurt, and now getting up there in age. Most of our WRs were hurt.. Our key RB was hurt. So now would be a good time to re-stock.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im starting to like Mike Pouncey again. Although there are plenty of tackles, none of them look like LT's and Tyron Smith who would be ideal, won't be there. Trading up in this draft will be a complete unknown because of the rookie contract restrictions, so we'll likely be giving up way too much which isn't Jerry Reese at all.

Another thing is, we need to pick Ryan Williams or Mikel Leshoure, Jacobs and Bradshaw are question marks, and Jacobs is inconsistent and sometimes a headcase. Bradshaw is great, and i hope he can fix his ball security problems but its also due to the way he runs, contorting his body and leaving the ball out like a loaf of bread.

Williams looks like DeAngelo Williams with better inside running, less speed, but his potential is tremendous. Great lateral quickness, good passcatcher, also like his vision and competitive drive. He's a team player, and plays with alot of passion.

Leshoure has great power, and uses his speed to gain momentum and run over people while having a slight wiggle. I LOVE how he almost always has his shoulders straight going upfield, eating up yardage quickly and not trying to be fancy.

1. Mike Pouncey OL
2. Ryan Williams RB
3. Nate Irving MLB
4. Jerrell Powe DT
6. DeAndre Brown TE
6. RT
6. Adrian Moten OLB
7. Buster Skrine ST

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I am not sure further along..

Most of our OL guys were hurt, with big time injuries. WR corps was shot, and our RBs were dinged up. Basically Snee and Eli were injury free ALL year. The rest were in and out.

If have to be proactive. That's why I hate that adage, "if it aint broke...."

And when when it breaks, then what? Everyone runs around crazy point fingers whose fault it was? I prefer the proactive approach. Most of our OL men were hurt, and now getting up there in age. Most of our WRs were hurt.. Our key RB was hurt. So now would be a good time to re-stock.
i guess what i'm saying is that it will be easier for a standout rookie to slot in on our defense right now, the offensive starters are pretty well entrenched for another year or two.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i guess what i'm saying is that it will be easier for a standout rookie to slot in on our defense right now, the offensive starters are pretty well entrenched for another year or two.
I don't think they are entrenched. I think Snee is the only definite. If we bring people in for depth AND to start.. Our LG situation is in the air... LT David D vs Beatty. If Beatty wins, David D comes in to LG. Who plays center then? Where is the depth there? Koets hurt.. O'hara hurt... Rich S hurt... RG Snee is the only stud. Kareem M. is getting up there in age. After that the depth is shaky. Petrus is learning, and Andrews can't be counted on to play a full season.

Not to mention, RB is up in the air with Bradshaw, and most of our WRs were hurt, thus having to sign people off the street.

I'd be worried about our offense..We have been taking it for granted and now it's starting

From O'hara

Quote:
Pretty scary comment from O'Hara:

The only center that we have that can snap right now is Jerry Palmieri, our strength coach.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

I really don't see WR as a need, we wouldn't have had to sign people of the street if they didn't IR victor cruz to make room for whoever it was, don't care to remember. Despite how the OL looks on paper right now, it was still one of the best in the league last year, at least in pass blocking.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I really don't see WR as a need, we wouldn't have had to sign people of the street if they didn't IR victor cruz to make room for whoever it was, don't care to remember. Despite how the OL looks on paper right now, it was still one of the best in the league last year, at least in pass blocking.
Yeah pass blocking, except Coughlin would be happy to continue his attack the QB and pound the ball style offense. If that's what he stills wants to go with as the team's offensive identity, then OL will have to get upgraded.

Pass blocking is all well and good, but if we get no push at the LOS, then Bradshaw once again will have to create something out of nothing. That's if we re-sign him. If not, we are in trouble because Jacob needs perfect blocking or else his 6'4 frame will get stuffed back behind the LOS like earlier in the season.

We need offensive linemen given our state of things.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Pass blocking is all well and good, but if we get no push at the LOS, then Bradshaw once again will have to create something out of nothing. That's if we re-sign him. If not, we are in trouble because Jacob needs perfect blocking or else his 6'4 frame will get stuffed back behind the LOS like earlier in the season.

We need offensive linemen given our state of things.
i 100% agree with this statement. This is why id rather have Pouncey or Tyron Smith because they both are good pass protectors but demonstrate great athleticism to get to the second level and maul linebackers as well as give some push against DL although its not their strong points.

I really don't care how we go with our picks as long as we address LB and OL. If there is a DE such as Bowers or WR such as Julio Jones, i would love to just pull the trigger. We are in a good position where we are capable of having a luxury pick imo.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
i 100% agree with this statement. This is why id rather have Pouncey or Tyron Smith because they both are good pass protectors but demonstrate great athleticism to get to the second level and maul linebackers as well as give some push against DL although its not their strong points.

I really don't care how we go with our picks as long as we address LB and OL. If there is a DE such as Bowers or WR such as Julio Jones, i would love to just pull the trigger. We are in a good position where we are capable of having a luxury pick imo.
Depends on where the luxury pick is, and what round.. I like Pouncey a lot. I would have liked him last year. I wanted Mangold when he came out. I love offensive trench players, and in our system we need them. With our scheme, when we get the right guys we have the ability to dominate. Our running game was amazing due to great OL coaching and good players who worked together as a unit better than most teams.

That was an example of how the sum is better than the individual parts. Now our OL is getting older, and seems like everyone got hurt last year except for Snee. We need a center and a guard, unless David D is kicking at LG, with beatty playing full time LT. If we like Pouncey as a full time LG that's fine by me. Then later on grab a center. But going offensive trench player is a must for this draft.

If not, then you re-sign Bradshaw for any price. Why? Because he can make something out of nothing. So if you slack off in drafting OL, at least he can make something when the blocking is not there. To me you can't have it both ways... Can't let bradshaw walk, and then not draft OL, and then except Jacobs to start, and be productive. His big frame won't go anywhere if the guys up front can't get a good push.

Our offensive MVP was bradshaw early on, due to him putting the running game on his shoulders when the blocking wasn't there. Jacobs was ineffective, and thus rested, which helped when Bradshaw hit the wall. Jacobs was fresh and able to be an impact. But Jacobs did say he wanted to start.

I like BPA, but part of me hopes BPA is a lot of offensive players from OL to RB.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Justin Houston in the 2nd anybody? Man i love drug tests.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another DE? Do we need it?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Justin Houston in the 2nd anybody? Man i love drug tests.
He failed the idiot test as scott said on his twitter. Don't want a guy who shows up for a job interview knowing that he isn't prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Another DE? Do we need it?
Idk if Houston is a 4-3 DE, but 3-4 OLB is probably his best fit. In our scheme it wouldn't really make sense to draft him because he is too small to play DE and not as experienced, disciplined, or fit to play LB at all.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-27-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
He failed the idiot test as scott said on his twitter. Don't want a guy who shows up for a job interview knowing that he isn't prepared.

Idk if Houston is a 4-3 DE, but 3-4 OLB is probably his best fit. In our scheme it wouldn't really make sense to draft him because he is too small to play DE and not as experienced, disciplined, or fit to play LB at all.
sorry but we landed MM because he failed drug tests and he has arguably been the best draft pick from the 2008 class. (Toot KP's horn all you like; he's being overrated IMO). Also janoris jenkins failed some tests too...wouldn't mind giving up next years 3rd or 4th in the supplemental...if he makes it that far.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Good Morning on the eve of the draft. Been real busy at work so havent
been active here. Enjoy all the dialogue and exchange of ideas. Lets hope we come out a better team and more complete team after the draft. Heres my Final Mock.

FINAL MOCK DRAFT
1. Corey Liuget DT
Cofield is a free agent, and he has been a good player for us, but its time to reload. In addition, Bernard is making a good chunk of cash and it’s a wise move to release him. Liguet has a good combination of strength, power and balance. Plays with a high motor! When Liget puts it all together he can be the best 3 Tech of this draft class. His hand use is very advanced at this very young stage of his career in my opinion, he’s always using his hands in a very VIOLENT way. Plays with a consistent leverage and has a good anchor. After a year or two in a NFL type weight training program he should be giving interior offensive linemen fits. I see a lot of TFLs and overall disruption in the opponent’s backfield from Liguet in his rookie year as a rotational DT. A steal if he falls to us.

Alternative: Jimmy Smith CB

2. Orlando Franklin OT/OG 6-6, 320lbs Miami
Our future RT. I really like this young man's upside and potential at the next level. In my opinion, the only difference from him and the other top OTs in this draft is technique, which could be taught and we got one of best positional coaches in Pat Flahery. The balance and agility that Franklin has at his size is amazing, this is what makes him so versatile. He’s strong and has a good anchor, which allows him to handle bull rushes. I remember seeing him hold his own against Gerald McCoy a couple of years back. He has that aggressive nasty demeanor I like again. With NFL positional coaching and one year under the tutelage of Kareem McKenzie and he would be ready to take over the RT in 2012.

Alternative: Marcus Gilbert OT/OG 6-6 330lbs

3. Will Rackley OG 6-3, 310 Lehigh
Our interior linemen situation is in need of young talent ASAP. Rackley- is very mobile for his size. Excellent base to anchor and plays with the mean streak you need in the trenches. Surprising good technique besides being a small school prospect.
Alternative: Clint Boling OG/OT 6-5, 310 Georgia
So underrated...

4. Alex Green RB 6-2 225lbs Hawaii
Bye Bye Brandon Jacobs, thank you for your services. Green- a power back with good hands and very few miles on him. Have surprising burst and quick feet for a back his size. Really like the upside of this young man.

Alternative: Shane Vereen RB Cal

6a. Denarius Moore 6-0, 194 Tennessee
Slot receiver with moderate upside.

Alternative: Ryan Bartholomew C/OG 6-1, 302 Syracuse
6b. Kendrick Burney 5-9, 186lbs North Carolina
Very good slot CB, the tape on this guy doesn’t lie! Throw his 40yd time in the trash.

Alternative: Anthony Gaitor CB 5-10, 180 Florida International

6c. Craig Cooper 5-10, 200lbs Miami
A steal if he stays healthy.

Alternative: David Sims SS 5-9, 200 Iowa State
A banger and enforcer!

7. David Sims SS 5-9, 200 Iowa State
A banger and enforcer!

Alternative: Clay Nurse DE 6-3 260 lbs
High Motor player will help in special teams and provide DE depth.

I feel that Reese and company waited a year too long to fortify the offensive trenches. I think it’s imperative we do this, we need some youth infusion there, let Pat Flahery mold this young guys into dominant complete NFL linemen. It’s time to move on.

I think the Giants should sign: Manny Lawson of the 49ers to shore our Lb corps. I think we need to dominate in the trenches and everything else will fall into place. Most of that yardage that Bradshaw got last year was more indicative of this skill set and type of runner he is, not necessarily the offensive line, our run blocking was very inconsistent last year, our pass protection was good under the circumstances though.

I hope that Reese and the Giants draft team are illuminated and make wise picks during the entire three day draft. WE NEED TO GET BACK TO BASICS, dominating the trenches. Any constructive comments or input please feel free! Enjoy the draft…

Last edited by DOMINATEtheline : 04-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
sorry but we landed MM because he failed drug tests and he has arguably been the best draft pick from the 2008 class. (Toot KP's horn all you like; he's being overrated IMO). Also janoris jenkins failed some tests too...wouldn't mind giving up next years 3rd or 4th in the supplemental...if he makes it that far.
Mario failed university tests, i know its bad, but showing up to a job interview and such a big event and failing their tests at the combine is much worse IMO.

I would pick Janoris Jenkins with a 3rd no doubt, he's a mid-late first round talent and exactly what we're looking for in a slot. We're usually good at handling people with substance abuse problems, plus then we would have time to groom him into possibly a starting role.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

princeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never even thought of the opportunity to take him.

I do wish we traded up for Fairley, but Prince is decent value and should be a good player for us.

The only thing that sucks is this is probably going to be ANOTHER year where we get barely any prooduction from our first round pick. I can't see him being anything more then our 4th CB to start the year.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary should be absolutely nasty if Fewell leaves the Cover 2 to a minimum. Pressure is on him this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:32 AM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I never even thought of the opportunity to take him.

I do wish we traded up for Fairley, but Prince is decent value and should be a good player for us.

The only thing that sucks is this is probably going to be ANOTHER year where we get barely any prooduction from our first round pick. I can't see him being anything more then our 4th CB to start the year.

I agree 100% I cant believe that Reese didn't trade up to 12 to pick up Fairley! A blue chip 3 tech with the Demeanor that is soo missing from this Defense! I m glad with Prince I can't believe he fell I think he will push Ross for the nickle this yr and should be a starter by nxt yr. I give the Prince pick a B+ grade. Once again and I said this before Reese is good at drafting but he he is poor in targeting certain players and going after them. The impact a Fairley would make would be immeasureable! Fairley as a 3rd DT in is rookie yr would of been...on to the second round....
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well that makes 6/7 drafts we went defensive player. We should be the masters of defense now with all these damn defensive first rounders. Fewell has A LOT of pressure on him now. He has all the elements to run his system. Now he has to be creative with his blitz packages and be creative to use our personnel efficiently.

We better go OFFENSE NOW! Well.. BPA.. but still, enough with the defense. Our OL still is suspect with these injuries and we need another RB.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still wouldn't mind if we went with a DT in the 2nd.

Apparently we had Tyron Smith as out top rated OT and then we were going to take Solder if he was there but the Pats beat us to it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I would.. Not a damn need. That's why we drafted Joseph last year. Now bring him in the mix. That's a luxury pick in my opinion. That DT would be for a rotating depth.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah but our depth at DT still is lacking. We have Canty, Joseph, and Bernard. If we re-sign Cofield I wouldnt be as upset but with just those 3 guys it's certainly a need.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah but our depth at DT still is lacking. We have Canty, Joseph, and Bernard. If we re-sign Cofield I wouldnt be as upset but with just those 3 guys it's certainly a need.
Canty, Joseph, Bernard, and Tuck playing DT at times with JPP getting added. if Kiwi comes back then move defensive line help. Plus later round DTs and undrafted DTs. LOL. It would be a luxury pick for us.

We need offensive stuff. Most of our OL was hurt except Snee. Most of our WRs were hurt except Mario. Our sole TE has a concussion issue... And all our RBs are injury prone..

Offense is the way to go.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Injuries are unpredictable and our WR corps is deep as hell. The backs are going to get nicked up as the year goes on but everyone was pretty much healthy and played every game. We can easily find a RB we like later in the draft. I agree about the OL that we do need help there but there aren't exactly a large number of good OL prospects in Rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't mind taking Rudolph but he won't be around for our 2nd round pick most likely.

sig by BoneKrusher