Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-29-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Injuries are unpredictable and our WR corps is deep as hell. The backs are going to get nicked up as the year goes on but everyone was pretty much healthy and played every game. We can easily find a RB we like later in the draft. I agree about the OL that we do need help there but there aren't exactly a large number of good OL prospects in Rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't mind taking Rudolph but he won't be around for our 2nd round pick most likely.
Deep in terms of bodies, yes, but deep is different for us. Our system is more complex based on adjustments pre snap and post snap. So far only guy who has mastered this system is Smith. After that, it's going to be an issue because guys may make plays but they will run wrong routes, in this system, and that results in turnovers. Depth at WR for us in this system is like 4-5 Steve Smiths. Guys who know where they are going. Otherwise depth, in the traditional sense for our system doesn't apply. All it means is we have bodies.

If a good RB is there then I would draft him. TE is an issue too. Beckum has done nothing and after Boss we have no one. And Boss is one concussion away from missing games due to him getting his bell rung often.

The other picks on defense are just luxury picks. If we can draft a defensive coordinator for the future than by all means. It would be ironic if we stocked up on d talent, only to see Fewell leave next year, and start another system with a new DC yet again. Eventually, we need stability at the DC spot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't have to tell me about the offensive system at this point as I'm well aware. Even with our systematic flaws we still have WR's that are successful at this level and have younger guys who have shown that they can take a step up like Barden or possibly Cruz. Any WR we take in this draft will still need time to learn the system and would be about 6th on the depth chart.

I'm not saying 100% go DT but if there is someone on the board that we like I wouldn't mind if we went that way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't have to tell me about the offensive system at this point as I'm well aware. Even with our systematic flaws we still have WR's that are successful at this level and have younger guys who have shown that they can take a step up like Barden or possibly Cruz. Any WR we take in this draft will still need time to learn the system and would be about 6th on the depth chart.

I'm not saying 100% go DT but if there is someone on the board that we like I wouldn't mind if we went that way.
Barden has promise and so does Cruz, but both were hurt. I wouldn't take a WR unless the guy is a burner AND can play special teams. If not, then no thanks. I would take a TE though, especially with Boss's health. All it takes is 1 or 2 more concussions and he would be in trouble career wise.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll either have Cofield back in the fold, or be able to trade him for a 2012 3rd rounder. If the later, I wouldn't mind sending a 2012 4th rounder to Houston for Amobi Okoye.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I doubt he is going anywhere. We tried to the Saints, but no go. I expect him not to be extended.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Specials aren't going to be as important with the new return rules. Tynes just needs to learn to get touchbacks now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I mean for returns if we can get a chance to bring it back. With our touch backs, you need to have more bigger returns when you get a chance.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I forgot but at WR we also have Hixon still right? I don't think he's a FA.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Canty, Joseph, Bernard, and Tuck playing DT at times with JPP getting added. if Kiwi comes back then move defensive line help. Plus later round DTs and undrafted DTs. LOL. It would be a luxury pick for us.

We need offensive stuff. Most of our OL was hurt except Snee. Most of our WRs were hurt except Mario. Our sole TE has a concussion issue... And all our RBs are injury prone..

Offense is the way to go.
Yeah, but Bernard sucks, Tuck's effectiveness at DT diminishes the more we rely on him there as he gets worn down, Canty has shown a tendency to get nicked up as the year progresses, neither JPP nor Kiwi can effectively stuff the run from DT and Joseph is still an unknown. I like a Joseph-Canty pairing, but you need 3 good DTs to keep them fresh and healthy, otherwise your defense wears down over the course of a game and a season which limits your pass rush and linebackers leaving your secondary out to hang. We need a third DT, doesn't have to be the pick, but if a guy like Paea is available I'd love to see him be the pick. With that our D would be an impact linebacker away from being absolutely stacked so that we can weather the game of musical DCs we've been stuck with since Coughlin didn't retire after the superbowl.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing I do not want to do is reach for an OT. Didn't follow these prospects as much this year, but it seems the OT class dries up a bit at this point.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The one thing I do not want to do is reach for an OT. Didn't follow these prospects as much this year, but it seems the OT class dries up a bit at this point.
I think it was pretty dry when the draft began. Now it's just desert.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Yeah, but Bernard sucks, Tuck's effectiveness at DT diminishes the more we rely on him there as he gets worn down, Canty has shown a tendency to get nicked up as the year progresses, neither JPP nor Kiwi can effectively stuff the run from DT and Joseph is still an unknown. I like a Joseph-Canty pairing, but you need 3 good DTs to keep them fresh and healthy, otherwise your defense wears down over the course of a game and a season which limits your pass rush and linebackers leaving your secondary out to hang. We need a third DT, doesn't have to be the pick, but if a guy like Paea is available I'd love to see him be the pick. With that our D would be an impact linebacker away from being absolutely stacked so that we can weather the game of musical DCs we've been stuck with since Coughlin didn't retire after the superbowl.
He was hurt first year, that's what fans harp on. Same with Canty when he first signed. Now BB isn't good, but he isn't bad. He played better than when he was hurt that season. He is still depth WHICH is why we drafted LJ. It's not like we didn't address the position. We used a 2nd round pick for it.

I don't know why our fan base has such a boner for defensive players. Last 7 years we drafted 6 defensive 1st rounders. We can also address it by drafting one in the 6th round or signing an undrafted free agent.

And it seems like yearly we are addressing the LB spot. We spend 2 picks on it last year. They were hurt, now let's see what we got in them before we hit the well again. Let's see how year two works for Fewell.

A 3rd DT at this point, in my opinion, is a luxury pick. We have Canty, BB, LJ, and tuck will play that so that JPP comes in. Unless, something crazy happens where 1 position gets hit, we really don't need to waste another draft pick on yet another DT.

I support BPA and if that's the case fine, but damn, stop with the defensive players. Fill our offensive needs which actually need help. Right now we have no center. Our OL is aging AND our offensive identity is to run and control the clock.

We need an OL to create holes or we are in trouble. Are we re-signing Bradshaw? If not, then we need another RB because Jacobs can't handle a season's worth of pounding. O and not to mention, he needs perfect blocking to do well, or else he won't do squat. He struggled early last season because our OL isn't getting any push. So that's why Bradshaw was our MVP. He is the guy who created something out of nothing and got positive yards. He put the running game on his shoulders. If he isn't re-signed, then who is that back that creates something when nothing is there?

TE.. Mr. Concussion is our sole guy, and I like Boss. But Beckum hasn't done anything. So where does that leave us? All our WRs have been hurt except Super Mario. I hope Devin Thomas can step up and find a spot. But defense is last of our issues. If our defense can't do well, after drafting a first rounder 6 of the 7 years than shame on us.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well even with all the great players it has been the defense that has let us down the last 2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Well even with all the great players it has been the defense that has let us down the last 2 years.
That's the sad part. However injuries and instability at the coordinator position are the main issues. If Perry Fewell actually stays for year 3 I'd be surprised. And the way we get injuries is truly bad luck. Injuries are part of the game is an expression we hear a lot. But when we get them they kill a single position.

Panthers playoff game... LBs. We had to sign them off the street

Then DEs

Then RBs

CBs in 07..

I think we had safeties too at one point

Then last year... OL and WR.

Maybe 1 year we can have a break and actually stay healthy or have injuries be spread out and not eat up one position.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not draft DaQuan Bowers and move Justin Tuck to full time DT? Personally i think he's better as an UT, and this would give JPP a chance to gain a starting spot. Osi is a one trick pony right now and i hate it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Prince is a good pick, doesnt he only have 4 years of experience as a corner? He blankets a receiver, but doesn't get his eyes back quick enough or breaks on a ball enough to make on a play. I feel like he has his aggressive times, but then also really conservative plays. He definitely is better as a pure CB imo than Peterson because he can play all coverages and doesn't let the WR that far away from him.

I like the value, but i predicted him falling, i have him as my 14th ranked player and jimmy smith at 13. If smith wasnt a dumbass we couldve picked him.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bowers won't be around when we pick plus we don't need a player whose knee might already be done.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you guys for sniping our pick.

Jerry Reese is such a ******* G.

You will draft some nice OL to add more youngsters to your OL farm system (only team in the league that has a ******* farm system of OL because they draft so ******* well).

AND you get to draft a RB at any point in rounds 2-7 which is always fun.

You're organization is so well-run it's nauseating as a fan of another team.

If you can't tell - I'm jealous.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Reese and Ross do a great job for sure. Accorsi left us in a great position.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bowers won't be around when we pick plus we don't need a player whose knee might already be done.
Obviously it would require a trade, but landing a guy like bowers if we believe his knee wont hinder him that much is such a home run. I wonder how bad it really is, or its also because he's a one year wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
**** you guys for sniping our pick.

Jerry Reese is such a ******* G.

You will draft some nice OL to add more youngsters to your OL farm system (only team in the league that has a ******* farm system of OL because they draft so ******* well).

AND you get to draft a RB at any point in rounds 2-7 which is always fun.

You're organization is so well-run it's nauseating as a fan of another team.

If you can't tell - I'm jealous.
Hey, you got Earl thomas last year stop complaining. Our OL is half injured and we're old so idk what your talkin about. Your welcome to join us

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think we need another LB. We've needed that for 6-7 years now. Most of us would have given their left nut for McClain last year (at least me), and I don't think we have solidified that position anymore since then.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I still think we need another LB. We've needed that for 6-7 years now. Most of us would have given their left nut for McClain last year (at least me), and I don't think we have solidified that position anymore since then.
I would have given my right. Anyway this wasn't a good LB group this year. We'll have to wait to get a stud unless we get lucky with someone later on in the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I would have given my right. Anyway this wasn't a good LB group this year. We'll have to wait to get a stud unless we get lucky with someone later on in the draft.
Oh I know LB is weak. Especially 4-3 LBers. Not sure who is available but if we liked someone enough to take in round 2, I would be pretty pleased. And just move Sintim to rush end.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Garofalo seems to think we go OL, DT, WR, or RB today. Suprisingly no mention of LB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Looks like Wilson and Foster will be on the board if we want to go LB.

sig by BoneKrusher