Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-29-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Fewell absolutely has no excuses. This is one talented group of players we have on the defensive side.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really WR with Foster on the board and still no OL

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Really WR with Foster on the board and still no OL
i thought this too, i was wishing that Ryan Williams fell to us in the 2nd, pipedream. Reese doesn't care about the need anymore, especially when we have offensive linemen that can fill the spots but we just have never fully given them their chance. Beatty played well despite not putting on upper body muscle that was much needed. We'll see, im not opposed to Beatty starting at all.

Marvin Austin scares me mostly because he didnt produce, never lived up to his highschool hype. He has the prototypical body and attributes just never made it happen.

Jernigan is worth that pick point blank period.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another damn defensive draft... If Fewell can't do it, then he should get the boot. I guess we are re-signing Bradshaw since we didn't address the OL, meaning Jacobs won't be effective then. He needs holes big enough to drive a SUV in order for him to be productive. I guess Bradshaw will be the man once free agency starts.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop with the hatred of Jacobs already. I'm pretty sure we all get the point.

Anyway Reese and Ross killed the first 3 rounds.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great job so far guys.

I really liked Jernigan. I guess that could possibly mean Steve Smith exits in FA. Hagan for sure.

With Austin, you guys grabbed a guy who I've been a fan of for a long time. I have no idea what kind of shape he's in, there's some boom or bust factor there, but I really liked what I saw of him before this season. I thought he would've been an upgrade for the Cowboys as one of our DEs. Definitely thought the Pats were gonna nab him at the top of the 2nd.

Not the biggest fan of Prince, but he was good value there. Could be a better pro than I imagined. Very jealous of your secondary compared to ours. Ours is pathetic.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats ont he best draft of the bunch thusfar

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I'm just so bummed that we passed on Paea for Marvin Austin and his really questionable attitude. I trust Reece and Ross to do their HW, but man Austin was not a guy I thought we'd consider drafting, like at all.

That's a large part of why I think Houston's done much better than us so far. They still need a NT and more DBs, but with Mario, Watt and Smith I like their 3-4 ends, especially if one of Barwin, Reed or Anderson can break out opposite Cushing. That D is still weak up the middle, NT, ILB and Safety, but I'm liking what they're building along the outside.

Then There's the Colts who bring in Castonzo and Ijalana to bolster their OL before snagging up a good DT in Nevis. 3 really strong picks that should be able to address big needs for the Colts.

Love what the chiefs did to. I like Baldwin and I think playing for Haley opposite Bowe will be a great fit for him. Then you see them addressing their biggest need along the OL with Hudson who I like for their OL. That offense is a RT and shifty playmaking WR away from having all of the pieces to beast. Plus they did a nice job getting Houston to help Hali and in Bailey they have a raw talent who could become a valuable rotational lineman for them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 04-30-2011 at 05:44 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, I dunno guys. I like the draft, but I don't love it so far.

1. Prince:

I like Prince. I think he's a very good CB. And the value was too great to pass up, and as you guys all know, I was favoring a CB before the draft. However, some things scare me: His stiff hips, his short arms, the fact that he doesn't get INTs.

What I like about him is his versatility, toughness, character, and willingness to compete. When I saw him play, he would blanket receivers. I just hope he doesn't have stone hands.

Who I would have taken: Jimmy Smith

I just love Jimmy Smith. I know he has questionable character, but we rolled the dice on Austin, so why not on Smith? Smith will probably wind up being the best CB in this draft class. I like Prince, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we left the better CB on the board.

2. Marvin Austin

Hmmm, I don't know about this one guys! I love his potential, but his laziness and character issues scare me quite a bit. Those were the reasons why I didn't like Fairley, yet we went with Austin who is even a bigger risk. This pick is either going to be great or terrible. There's no medium with it.

I'm cautiously optomistic, but at the same time, I'm very nervous about this pick.

Who I would have taken: Stephen Paea

Paea was on the board and I felt he was much safer. I like his burst off the line, his motor, and his strength. I felt that we could have molded him into a pretty good DT. Austin has more potential, but with the lack of leadership on our defense, do we gamble on that guy? I dunno, it's a scary thought. I would have went with the safer pick this time, even though I was willing to gamble on Smith. To me, Smith's worth the risk, but Austin wasn't. We'll see how it goes though, I like the CB, DT duo in rounds 1 and 2, just the specific players I would have targeted would be different. Hopefully Reese and Ross did their hw and their picks wind up being better.

3. Jerrigans

To be quite honest, I don't know much about this guy. I know he's fast and explosive, which is good. But he'll rarely sniff the field as a WR for us, we're stacked at WR. Plus KillDrive isn't creative enough to use him in sub packages.

I view him realistically as our kick/punt returner. Now we desperately needed that so I don't mind the pick at all, but getting one in the 3rd is a bit high for my liking. But again, I readily admit I don't know enough about him.

Who I would have picked: Mason Foster

Mason Foster was the last of the LBs on the board that I liked. Wasn't thrilled that Bruce Carter went earlier than I anticipated, and it crushed me when Nate Irving was taken by the Broncos. But Foster was still there, and he could have been our future SAM with Sintim being moved to full time DE. I really liked Irving a lot but he was taken.

At this point I feel we should just avoid LBs all together. I don't want us to keep adding mediocre LBs to our depth chart. What's the point? I rather us gamble on another position and grab some developmental olinemen for the rest of the draft and perhaps a RB.

So far I like the draft, but I'm not thrilled with it. I'd give it a B-. If we got Smith, Paea, and Foster, I would be thrilled.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know how you can want jimmy over prince and paea over austin at the same time. Austin is a good bit more versatile with more upside than paea who also has an injury issue whilst at least at the time prince is just better than jimmy.

the case in both picks is the same
higher upside & questionable character VS better character & safer pick

however the upside differential is bigger with austin, the character differential is WAY bigger with Jimmy and the safety differential is also way bigger with Prince & Jimmy.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-30-2011, 07:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I dont know how you can want jimmy over prince and paea over austin at the same time. Austin is a good bit more versatile with more upside than paea who also has an injury issue whilst at least at the time prince is just better than jimmy.

the case in both picks is the same
higher upside & questionable character VS better character & safer pick

however the upside differential is bigger with austin, the character differential is WAY bigger with Jimmy and the safety differential is also way bigger with Prince & Jimmy.
Was Jimmy really that bad? See, to be quite honest, I don't know specifics about Jimmy's character history. I can't imagine it was any worse than Austins.

And the reason why I'd gamble on Jimmy but not Austin is bc it's just so much harder to motivate a lazy DT. DTs bust quite often for that reason, they get fat and lazy quickly. Now we go out and draft a DT who is lazy with questionable desire? I just think the bust potential is higher for a DT with character issues.

I hope I'm wrong. Austin could be the missing link on our defense. And I hope Prince winds up being better than Smith, but right now, I'm not sure if that's going to be the case.

Smith is just a special talent. Watch him ball in Baltimore. I just hope Prince can be near his level. Those short arms on Prince scare me a little. That's honestly my biggest concern with Prince. Short arms. Prince was my 3rd rated CB in this draft.

I still love the pick. I'm just a little nervous about this draft is all.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Was Jimmy really that bad? See, to be quite honest, I don't know specifics about Jimmy's character history. I can't imagine it was any worse than Austins.
Lets put it this way. Tressell and Meyer would both have kicked him off the team for his history for sure

ill post a thread started by iamcanadian who wraps it up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I didn't realize it was this bad. Is he past this, since it appears to be 3 years ago, or is he going to be just another crackhead from day 1?

Talib was an enormous character risk in 2008 when Tampa Bay selected him with the 20th pick. But while Talib has been a fine player, he has repeatedly embarrassed the organization on and off the field with behavior that could get him released soon.

"Jimmy Smith is a carbon copy of Aqib Talib," said an executive who has had dealings with both players. "This guy will be the same way."

Teams are well aware that Smith flunked three drug tests at Colorado, and he told at least one club that one of the three was for misusing codeine.

Smith also told teams of his two alcohol-related violations, the pair of abortions that were paid for by parents of women he impregnated and an arrest for third-degree assault in a restaurant.

"Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests  . . .  that's a little excessive," the personnel man said.

It was telling, said one scout, that Southern California and UCLA chose not to recruit Smith out of what he called a "bad, bad, bad" neighborhood just east of Los Angeles. Some of Smith's family members have been in and out of jail.

I don't know how truthful this report is and I cannot post a link because it is from one of Scott's competitors.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-30-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ummmm....damn!

Ok nvm, I'm all about Prince then.

Damn Jimmy...so talented, yet so stupid...sad stuff.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that and really BBD...i dont think Smith is really THAT good. Prince was far and away the best choice at 19. I'm fine with Austin too, good pick there with tons of upside. Just wished we took Foster in the 3rd. that would've been unreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD,

That WR is my token offensive player this draft.. You are not allowed to say anything bad : P
Old 04-30-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that and really BBD...i dont think Smith is really THAT good. Prince was far and away the best choice at 19. I'm fine with Austin too, good pick there with tons of upside. Just wished we took Foster in the 3rd. that would've been unreal
Prince is more versatile. Jimmy is just dominant as a press man CB. Revis-esque when playing press man. That's why I loved his game so much.

But Prince can blitz better, can play off and press, can play zone or man, he's more versatile.

Theres only 2 concerns I have about Prince

1. Short arms
2. Lack of INTs

I looooove Prince as a player, but those 2 things just scare me a tad. I still think he's going to be a great player. I'm just not sure if he'll be a true shutdown guy.

But honestly, we don't really need him to be.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
BBD,

That WR is my token offensive player this draft.. You are not allowed to say anything bad : P
You'll take your developmental offensive linemen in the middle rounds and like it mister! :p
Old 04-30-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Haha, another "guy whimper" and then cut him later.. Yay! But wait, aren't we due for our annual LBs. It isn't a giants draft without drafting them.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha, another "guy whimper" and then cut him later.. Yay! But wait, aren't we due for our annual LBs. It isn't a giants draft without drafting them.
Mediocre LBs in the middle rounds. Height/weight/speed skill position projects, developmental olinemen.

Sounds like a plan.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Oh and don't forget that middle round RB.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah... I wish we can draft another RB though. Get me a speedster who can take to the house. Oh, and of course OL players, unless Austin or Prince can play center too.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah... I wish we can draft another RB though. Get me a speedster who can take to the house. Oh, and of course OL players, unless Austin or Prince can play center too.
I kind of faith in Koets.

I wouldn't mind getting a developmental guy as insurance to Koets. With Petrus, Koets, Snee, and Diehl, I think we just have to hope Beatty is fine and we have a solid unit with those guys.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Not as a center...He came in because of injury. Hell, we took him out in Seattle because of crowd noise, lol. Not a vote of confidence going up against a junky team.

We need a center not a project stepping in.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Koets actually played very well when he was in there. Our oline significantly improved when he went in there.

Give him time to gel. Look at our oline in 07, not a single guy on that unit was a 1st rounder. Just 1 was a 2nd rounder, the rest all late round guys. I guess our philosophy with the oline is draft a bunch of mid round guys and let them gel together.

I don't agree with it, but that seems to be the gameplan. And it's worked in the past.

*shrug*
Old 04-30-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Koets actually played very well when he was in there. Our oline significantly improved when he went in there.

Give him time to gel. Look at our oline in 07, not a single guy on that unit was a 1st rounder. Just 1 was a 2nd rounder, the rest all late round guys. I guess our philosophy with the oline is draft a bunch of mid round guys and let them gel together.

Not to mention even he was hurt.. Can we get someone in the right position who is not hurt? I hope we draft a center or OL. Andrews is shot, Rich S is basically has to come back once again at his age, and S. O'hara is shot as well. So we have Koets who is hurt, and then who? Me? You? The condition of the OL is a big issue, which will bite us in the buttock.