Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-30-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn project pick. So basically Guy Whimper type project. Lovely, how does that help us now?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Damn project pick. So basically Guy Whimper type project. Lovely, how does that help us now?
Told ya! You knew we were drafting a project olinemen in the middle rounds haha.

Now we're going to probably go after a RB, an inside Olinemen, a height/weight/speed guy and call it a day.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Told ya! You knew we were drafting a project olinemen in the middle rounds haha.

Now we're going to probably go after a RB, an inside Olinemen, a height/weight/speed guy and call it a day.
How about a dropping developmental QB?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
How about a dropping developmental QB?
Ooooh, forgot about that one.

I'm intrigued with Brewer. He's clearly not a guy who will contribute this year, but since when do we ever draft someone who does? We always redshirt our rookies anyway.

The guy seems soft though, that scares me a little. Reminds me of Guy Whimper, who nothing for nothing, I didn't think was that bad as a backup swing tackle.

The way it's shaping up, our front office has faith in Beatty panning out, Petrus as a long term solution at LG, Koets at C, and Diehl at RT.

I've mentioned this before, I don't necessarily dislike the idea. But we do need to build some depth behind that front.

I guess patience is a virtue with our method of drafting olinemen. I thought Koets was a scrub, then he proved me wrong this year after some years of development.

Here's to hoping Beatty can be the next guy to prove me wrong. He's the key, if he doesn't pan out, we're in big trouble.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Haha yeah but I knew that too. Usually, it's defense first and then junk in the middle, and your quota of LBs.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Haha yeah but I knew that too. Usually, it's defense first and then junk in the middle, and your quota of LBs.
That seems to be our style. Draft middle round olinemen, develop them for a couple of years while playing the same 5 guys and develop chemistry. Then when that 5 gets old, plug in a new 5 out of the farm and have them build chemistry.

It's like a bluechip makeshift oline system made of scrappy middle round guys that need some time to develop. I personally don't like it, I rather draft olinemen early and have a group of dominant guys with top notch athleticism, but we seem to prefer middle of the pack guys who get by on chemistry and good enough athleticism.

We'll see how it works. Like I said earlier, I think this all hinges on Beatty. If Beatty can pan out at LT, we're fine. Bc Petrus can easily play LG (i love Petrus), Snee is a stud, and Diehl can play RT.

So then we cross our fingers and hope that Koets can get healthy enough to play Center for us, and cross our fingers and hope Richy can be his backup.

Plus, we can get a scrappy guy in FA as an emergency backup.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That seems to be our style. Draft middle round olinemen, develop them for a couple of years while playing the same 5 guys and develop chemistry. Then when that 5 gets old, plug in a new 5 out of the farm and have them build chemistry.

It's like a bluechip makeshift oline system made of scrappy middle round guys that need some time to develop. I personally don't like it, I rather draft olinemen early and have a group of dominant guys with top notch athleticism, but we seem to prefer middle of the pack guys who get by on chemistry and good enough athleticism.

We'll see how it works. Like I said earlier, I think this all hinges on Beatty. If Beatty can pan out at LT, we're fine. Bc Petrus can easily play LG (i love Petrus), Snee is a stud, and Diehl can play RT.

So then we cross our fingers and hope that Koets can get healthy enough to play Center for us, and cross our fingers and hope Richy can be his backup.

Plus, we can get a scrappy guy in FA as an emergency backup.

I hate that so much you have no idea! If we go defensive next year I am throwing the tv instead of the remote! We better have a god like defense or else I will snap!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I hate that so much you have no idea! If we go defensive next year I am throwing the tv instead of the remote! We better have a god like defense or else I will snap!
Linebacker in round 1!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I'm all about defense. Jerry Reese's drafts makes my dick hard.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Linebacker in round 1!!!!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

I'm all about defense. Jerry Reese's drafts makes my dick hard.
Hahahaha. I go BPA, but for god sake... 7/8 drafts defense is not cool! Enough with that stuff. Why don't we try drafting a DC for the future rather then the musical chairs nonsense we have been running since firing Tim lewis.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Hahahaha. I go BPA, but for god sake... 7/8 drafts defense is not cool! Enough with that stuff. Why don't we try drafting a DC for the future rather then the musical chairs nonsense we have been running since firing Tim lewis.
You just gotta hope for a defensive head coach as our next coach. That's the only way we'll get stability on defense.

We have enough talent on defense that we should be the best pressure based press man coverage defense in the league.

But Fewell will find a way to F it up.

Now we just need some damn linebackers. I heard next year is a good linebacker draft. We can't ignore linebacker any longer.

Another thing I forgot to mention, it's a very strong possibility that Jared Gaither is a FA once the season starts. Dare we go after him? The risk is his back issues, but the guy is a dominant LT when healthy.

I loved him coming out too.

If we have the stones to pick him up in FA, that would help us out quite a bit.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another thing I forgot to mention, it's a very strong possibility that Jared Gaither is a FA once the season starts. Dare we go after him? The risk is his back issues, but the guy is a dominant LT when healthy.

I loved him coming out too.

If we have the stones to pick him up in FA, that would help us out quite a bit.
He could be our backup IR lineman unless he can beat Shawn Andrews to the punch!

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He could be our backup IR lineman unless he can beat Shawn Andrews to the punch!
Touche haha.

If hes cheap, I wouldn't mind. His back issues can't be nearly as bad as Shawns are. I hope...
Old 04-30-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

TACKLE PM'd me about Jonathan Cornell. The guy looks pretty solid. If he's on the board, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE
I know you've eyeing the MIKE backers in this draft with the Giants in mind and saw this guy and thought you might be interested. He's not quite as good but he does remind me quite a lot of Curtis Lofton. Stocky, low center of gravity, take great angles, diagnoses the play very quickly, doesn't take false steps and because of that has great range despite 4.7 speed. Leader, team captain and a smart guy too. Anyway, I know how much you love you some LB's and thought you would like this guy.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Virgil Green is another guy I wouldn't mind in the 6th. Or best available RB or Greg Jones.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally a LB, took long enough. If we had taken Foster round 3 that would make this a great draft instead we took a WR we didn't need and waited until round 6 to take a mediocre LB ugh.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

HAHA BBD! LB! I swear we have discovered the blue print formula!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the greg jones pick, he will at least be a great impact on special teams and in the 6th round you won't find many guys with his ability, his only knock is strength. Being short and having a lower center of gravity is not a bad thing, especially because he has long arms (32 in). Love the pick, love the potential, but also think we have helped our special team a hell of a lot with Prince, Jernigan, and now Jones.

Edit: last year there were talks of him being 1st/2nd round player and we got him in the 6th.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we take Ryan Bartholomew with our next pick, solid value atthis point and we need to take a center before the end of this draft

Old 04-30-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Haha, we're so predictable.

Our next 2 guys, I'm eying Virgil Green and Cornell. Or another project OL or best available RB.

We need another project interior olinemen. Come on Reese, I know you have it in you!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Finally a LB, took long enough. If we had taken Foster round 3 that would make this a great draft instead we took a WR we didn't need and waited until round 6 to take a mediocre LB ugh.
I wanted Foster as well. From what I'm reading, I can't knock the pick though, the guy does sound like a solid player with explosion. We needed a kick returner in the worst way.

I liked Foster, but I think this forum was higher on him than most. My guy was Irving, I was crushed when he got drafted.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Thoughts on Bartholomew BBD?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Thoughts on Bartholomew BBD?
Sure. Quite honestly I don't really know many prospects at this point in the draft, but I'm all for a Center. If he can at least be a decent backup or if he's a project player who can eventually transition to the starting lineup with some development I'm all for it.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

I watched him heavily in the PinStripe bowl and he looked good.

look at the play at 0:21 at the hole he made, At :49 he pulls and levels the LB

EDIT: forgot about the TD at 1:50. Hell just watch #70 the whole time

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 04-30-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

BBD,

Hehe 2 LBs make that and 1 safety! I don't want to hear any more whining by our fan base about Lbs and DTs, and other positions. We should have ALL the parts to be a sick defense. We better sign Bradshaw because clearly we didn't upgrade the OL unless free agency we go buck wild. Otherwise pay bradshaw, and away we go.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Realistically, I don't think any of us should expect any of these 6th round guys to stick. Maaaaybe Jones will, I like Jones, especially as an OLB in our system, but he's probably just going to be a solid backup.

I don't expect anything out of any players taken beyond round 5 personally.

From this draft, I think we got 1 starter in Prince, a solid special teamer in the 3rd...and that's about it.

I think this was a weak draft for us. Austin will make or break this draft class. If he's a stud, we did great. If he's a dud, we had an avg draft.

I think if you get 3 good players out of a draft, you did a great job. Prince will be good. I think Jerrigan will be good (but just a situational player), I think Brewer has potential, and Austin is the wildcard.

I dunno. I give this draft class a C+/B-

Not my favorite Jerry Reese draft. This was a terrible draft class though. Not nearly as talented as last year. If we get 3 good players out of it, I'll be happy.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 04-30-2011 at 04:15 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote