Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-01-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well with all the pressure we're going to be putting on QB's with tuck, osi, JPP, canty and austin, our stellar secondary will have some good chances for picks.

re-sign Bradshaw, Boss and Smith. win
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really curious to find out what the price difference between Bradshaw and D-Will is gunna be, I love Ahmad but if it's not that big of a difference I do love DeAngelo more.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'm really curious to find out what the price difference between Bradshaw and D-Will is gunna be, I love Ahmad but if it's not that big of a difference I do love DeAngelo more.
I do love D Will but i want Bradshaw back because of team chemistry, familiarity with the offense, and because he will probably be cheaper. Get rid of Jacobs instead, he is undependable although he presents such a fear for DB's and even LB's, i just cant take the horrible lateral quickness that he has yet he tries to function as a shifty back.

Ricky Williams would be interesting, but didnt he have an injury?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we bring back Ahmad and Steve Smith I'll be happy with the offense provided we can avoid having injuries wipe out an entire unit again. I'm crossing my fingers that Koets and Beatty have healthy seasons because I think those two will be a big help to this team if they pull that off, if we stick David D between them and Snee on Koets' other flank I think both players can have really impressive seasons provided they stay on the field. As for our Depth I like Petrus, there's always #69 and now we have Brewer. I'd like to see if we can find another guy in FA who can give us better depth or at least replace Shawn Andrews as our hopeless rehabilitation attempt although I don't know who exactly would be available who could help us with that.

Also I expect our passing game to be a lot better since injuries can't possibly hit us that badly two years in a row at the same position, plus the kids have another year of learning this system so I expect to see a stark reduction in the number of misreads from Hakeem Nicks, plus we get Barden back, Cruz back plus Jernigan who gives us a receiver not named Mario Manningham who has the ability to take any catch in space to the house. So I think our running game will have less pressure on it which should mean beefier holes for Ahmad/Jacobs/Scott. Plus we still don't know if the team shocks everyone by shelling out for D-Will. Stick him back there with a battering ram like Jacobs and speedster like Scott backing him up and our running game will be very very good even if Beatty still hasn't bulked up.

We need our OL to get a push though. If they are hurt or not up to par or simply age now has kicked in, we are in deep trouble running the ball. That's our offensive identity. RUN the ball and CONTROL the clock. If we can't do that, then we are a one dimensional offense then.

We need to make sure our OL is ready. If not, then fill it via FA.

I won't put anything past this team in the injury dept. This team has shown that injuries can truly kill a season, especially 2nd half of it. It eats away at 1 position and has been doing so when Tim Lewis and Hufangel were our coordinators.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but sooner or later we'll manage to spread our injuries around different positions and not have a whole unit wiped out. Maybe this is the year? With the versatility of Diehl, Petrus, Seubert and Shaw Andrews' injured back we could handle an injury along the OL we just can't handle everybody getting injured along the OL. Same with WR we're deep there, Smith, Nicks, Mario, Barden, Cruz, Jernigan and maybe Hixon or Devin Thomas, that's a deep group we just can't have everyone except Mario get injured at the same time.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but sooner or later we'll manage to spread our injuries around different positions and not have a whole unit wiped out. Maybe this is the year? With the versatility of Diehl, Petrus, Seubert and Shaw Andrews' injured back we could handle an injury along the OL we just can't handle everybody getting injured along the OL. Same with WR we're deep there, Smith, Nicks, Mario, Barden, Cruz, Jernigan and maybe Hixon or Devin Thomas, that's a deep group we just can't have everyone except Mario get injured at the same time.
Am I alone in thinking that Andrews could be our LT? i know he has frequent back spasms, but when he plays you cant help but be impressed. He is not only very good at pass protection, he is a dominant run blocker.

Edit:

Andrews/Beatty-Diehl-Koets-Snee-Andrews/McKenzie

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in terms of talent, he easily could be. but his back is a ticking time bomb, which is sad.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's been later apparently because I am still waiting...

Panthers playoff game..

Signing Lbs off the street

Then CBs

DEs got hurt

RBs got hurt

safeties

OL and WR

What next now?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
in terms of talent, he easily could be. but his back is a ticking time bomb, which is sad.
well we have to take a chance on someone at LT, should it be the guy who clearly has the skill to play and the experience at the NFL level in that position or the guy who showed some flashes but hasn't bulked up or been as impressive?

I want Beatty to be our guy because he has definitely improved with some playing time right before our very eyes, but he hasn't bulked up last we saw him and Andrews is definitely the superior player at this point. Our line would be absolutely killer like this:

Andrews-Diehl-Koets-Snee-McKenzie

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

McK with back spams... Koets at center? Good god... Andrews with his back issues at LT? My god, that's not a solid OL. Snee is pro bowl guy, and David D will be solid, but everyone else I would be worried about,
Old 05-01-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yea I think it's beatty's time now. McKenzie's back held up last year...so I'm not exactly expecting it again. I'm praying O'Hara is fully healthy and can play well this year and groom Petrus as our future Center. him or Koets, and if it's koets than work on Petrus for LG future
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, Can't wait for this potential LB class next year:
Vontaze Burfict
Manti Te'o
Luke Kuechly
Shayne Skov
Travis Lewis
Courtney Upshaw
Don'ta Hightower
Zach Brown
Tank Carder
Sean Spence
Nico Johnson
Nigel Bradham
Chris Galippo

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the sole reason I wasn't too miffed when the Giants' didn't select a linebacker till Greg Jones in the 6th.

I like Jones, what do the rest of you think of him? If Bryan Kehl was a decent back-up for us, I think just off talent this guy could be even more. At worst a solid back-up/special teamer like Greisen was and Blackburn is.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Vontaze Burfict
Manti Te'o
Luke Kuechly
Shayne Skov
Travis Lewis
Courtney Upshaw
Don'ta Hightower
Zach Brown
Tank Carder
Sean Spence
Nico Johnson
Nigel Bradham
Chris Galippo

NO! lol. No more damn LBs! Let's make due with what we have and see what we got.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

hahahaha Banning's desire for us to draft an offensive player (right now it'd have to be RB or OL) in the first round next year is climbing up to the levels that I want us to draft a Rutgers player
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget we'll also probably try and sign some OL in FA. Our roster is going to be stacked.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we re-sign Bradshaw, Smith, Boss. Sign a OL, a few UDFAs and make a run for Tulloch or Poz we could be a top 2 team in the NFC. Sadly the odds of half of that coming true is slim. Realistically we will probably only re-sign 2 of those guys and won't have the money for Tulloch or Poz.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

I dont think any of those three would leave unless we low balled them, so its realistic that we resign them. However Cofield, Grant, Johnson, and Boothe are probably not coming back. Wilkinson, Blackburn, and Kiwanuka are the question marks i feel like

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Bostonblows91
Rookie

Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.Bostonblows91 is a cocksman.

am i the only one here that is starting to paint the picture "Steve smith is SERIOUSLY hurt"?
Bostonblows91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hahahaha Banning's desire for us to draft an offensive player (right now it'd have to be RB or OL) in the first round next year is climbing up to the levels that I want us to draft a Rutgers player
What is it now? 6/7 drafts we drafted defensive first rounders...I am just tired of it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before the draft it's been our defense that has let us down the last 2 years. I don't see a problem in bolstering that through the draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Vontaze Burfict
Manti Te'o
Luke Kuechly
Shayne Skov
Travis Lewis
Courtney Upshaw
Don'ta Hightower
Zach Brown
Tank Carder
Sean Spence
Nico Johnson
Nigel Bradham
Chris Galippo
Kuechly is the only guy I've seen much of outside of Hightower and neither guy really impresses me, Kuechly is a good athlete who gets in on a lot of tackles but doesn't make many stand out plays and Hightower seems very stiff.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Like I said before the draft it's been our defense that has let us down the last 2 years. I don't see a problem in bolstering that through the draft.
Plus in my opinion defensive depth is more important because of the variety of packages and substitutes that actually play. OL depth only becomes important because of injury. If all 5 starters are healthy, no one else plays except for a maybe another tackle a few plays a game. We wave in groups of defensive players all game.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So has injuries and musical defensive coordinators. I don't think we are buggered talent wise. I think too much instability coaching wise, add injuries and get you get a mess.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
So has injuries and musical defensive coordinators. I don't think we are buggered talent wise. I think too much instability coaching wise, add injuries and get you get a mess.
Yeah, but adding talent is the best way to overcome coaching instability and injuries.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: