Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 01-01-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
DOMINATEtheline
Rookie

DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.DOMINATEtheline is so money.
Default Players that intrigue me

Players that I really like at key positions that need to be addressed:

OT/OG (Our RT is in a contract year and he's old and we need to replenish our Oline)
Derek Sherrod
Gabe Carimi
Marcus Cannon
James Brewer

CB (A. Ross is a free agent soon, and we are in a passing league)
Aaron Williams
BRandon Burton
Brandon Hogan
Johnny Patrick

OLB; SAM Linebacker is needed ASAP! The total neglect in this level of the defense cannot be overlooked no more.
1. Travis Lewis
2. Nigel Bradham FSU
3. Mason Foster Washington

DT; Cofield is probably gone, and Rocky Bernard should not be welcome, another young body is needed to replenish the turnover.
1. Jarvis Jenkins Clemson; very underrated, I like his motor and upside.
2. Christian Ballard Iowa
3. Jurrell Casey USC
4. Phil Taylor Baylor

RB (Odds are either Bradshaw or Jacobs is not coming back, and we have lost alot of the receiving dimension out the backfield since Barber and consequently Ward left)
1.Mikel LeShoure
2.Jacquizz Rodgers; the perfect 3rd down back and offers great value in the return game. I like this young man's toughness. Someone who will slide down the draftboards cause of his height, which will be mistake.
3.Jeff Demps;
4. Brandon Bolden;

WR (Even though it seems we are stacked in the position, I would like a vertical threat that can contribute on ko and punt return game too)
1. Torrey Smith
2. Jerrel Jernigan
3. Edmund Gates; I love the potential of this player, I'll be ecstatic if we picked him up in 3rd round or later. One of the few prospects that I'm infatuated with.
4.Cecil Shorts

Just a little preliminary draftboard, can't wait till the Senior Bowl and the Combine to start getting more data on these players, but as of today these are the group of players that I really like. Any thoughts?
DOMINATEtheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think the world of Dwill, but he's got an incredible amount of miles on his tires. Remember he carried the load in college for all four years and despite sharing duties with Stewart in Carolina he's ran the ball a **** ton there to. I'd be very hesitent to sign him to a big deal over Bradshaw unless the cost is roughly the same, which I seriously doubt with this being Bradshaw's lone year as the number one guy and funmble problems.
841 carries in 5 seasons, I'd hardly consider that running the ball a ton. To really put that into perspective LJ ran for 752 carries in two seasons. I think he makes a perfect fit, but it depends on what Bradshaw ask for because ultimately you may be able to get Bradford and another player in FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about Shane Vereen? I remember him catching my eye while i was watching Best.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
Players that I really like at key positions that need to be addressed:

OT/OG (Our RT is in a contract year and he's old and we need to replenish our Oline)
Derek Sherrod
Gabe Carimi
Marcus Cannon
James Brewer

CB (A. Ross is a free agent soon, and we are in a passing league)
Aaron Williams
BRandon Burton
Brandon Hogan
Johnny Patrick

OLB; SAM Linebacker is needed ASAP! The total neglect in this level of the defense cannot be overlooked no more.
1. Travis Lewis
2. Nigel Bradham FSU
3. Mason Foster Washington

DT; Cofield is probably gone, and Rocky Bernard should not be welcome, another young body is needed to replenish the turnover.
1. Jarvis Jenkins Clemson; very underrated, I like his motor and upside.
2. Christian Ballard Iowa
3. Jurrell Casey USC
4. Phil Taylor Baylor

RB (Odds are either Bradshaw or Jacobs is not coming back, and we have lost alot of the receiving dimension out the backfield since Barber and consequently Ward left)
1.Mikel LeShoure
2.Jacquizz Rodgers; the perfect 3rd down back and offers great value in the return game. I like this young man's toughness. Someone who will slide down the draftboards cause of his height, which will be mistake.
3.Jeff Demps;
4. Brandon Bolden;

WR (Even though it seems we are stacked in the position, I would like a vertical threat that can contribute on ko and punt return game too)
1. Torrey Smith
2. Jerrel Jernigan
3. Edmund Gates; I love the potential of this player, I'll be ecstatic if we picked him up in 3rd round or later. One of the few prospects that I'm infatuated with.
4.Cecil Shorts

Just a little preliminary draftboard, can't wait till the Senior Bowl and the Combine to start getting more data on these players, but as of today these are the group of players that I really like. Any thoughts?
Welcome to the board. Don't be a stranger, this was a good post.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
touchdownmaker
Rookie

touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.touchdownmaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Well the season us over, time for the draft

Is Akeem Ayers seen as only a Will? While I agree that teh OL is a big area we need to fill, I am tired of filling the second level of the defense with second and third rounders. Its time to pick up a first round talent at that spot. At the very least we could pick up a quality C in the third round, and a decent OG in the second.

Any thoughts on Chris Owusu from Stanford for a late round pick up?
touchdownmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants have the #19 pick in the draft http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...fl-draft-order

I think this is a very good spot.

There will likely be very good value available at OT, CB, RB, DT, OLB (Ayers) and DE depending on which way we want to go.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Travis Lewis with our 1st round pick. It's not that easy to watch college games from Norway, so in large part I will probably ask questions and not have real educated opinions on prospects that we can draft. But I was able to watch two Oklahoma-games this season, and he really stood out!

I watched him against Missouri and Nebraska, and i think that in the Nebraska game he had both an interception and a fumble recovery! Furthermore, I've seen scouting reports on him that compares him with Bears LB Lance Briggs. If we can get anything close to Lance Briggs in the next draft we have to go for it IMO.

Also Wikipedia states that he ran a 4.34 40 yd dash in something called a Nike Camp. Not sure how accurate this is of course, but we desperately need speed in our LB corps. I think that's the final piece that makes our defense dominant, which we need because we have such a "jekyll and hyde" offense.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I love Lewis as well. I'm all aboard his train.
Also, how about that Tight End from Stanford last night? Yea, he had like a nothing season and I'm not sure where he stands as a prospect, but 6'6, and the athleticism he showed last night had me come away very impressed.
same with that FB/LB hybrid kid. I REALLY liked those 2 last night.
Well, with Luck of course but clearly he's of no need/out of reach haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Luck, but after watching him last night, I think I'm still rating Sam Bradford slightly higher.

Luck is still going to be a great qb though. I'm gonna say Bradford will be better than him though. Luck didn't look off defenders enough, got happy feet vs the blitz, was slightly inaccurate at times, and can have better pocket presence.

To be fair, he was going against a fast defense and his playmakers weren't overly talented, so he had to fit the ball into tight windows at times, but I still think he's a work in progress.

I think Sam had better pocket presence, accuracy, and read progression.

If I were to rate the best qb prospects ive ever seen, Id say Eli was 1, Bradford was 2, and Luck is a close 3 behind Bradford.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I love Eli, Luck is a better prospect. Bradford I was a huge fan of, but I still believe Luck is a better prospect than him.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Eli the prospect was better than Luck or Bradford to be honest. Eli the NFL qb? Remains to be seen. But Eli the prospect was amazing.

I had Ben rated highly as well. Didn't rate Rivers too high, was never a huge fan, I liked him but I thought Eli and Ben were both a notch above him.

To be fair, I was all over Brady Quinn's nuts when he came out.....yeah....not my best call there...
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping for Derek Sherrod, he might fall right to our pick if some of the higher upside guys can get some great momentum in the offseason, kinda like Bulaga did last year...please...I actually like the RT class in general, there's very little in the way of LTs, but there are some really good RTs to be had and we could find a long term starter. Sherrod/Carimi/Love/Cannon/etc. and Snee would be a dominant right side that would re-create our running game really fast. Get rid of O'Hara with Seubert, Koets or a later pick and our OL would be pretty beastly in the running game once again.

Our D could certainly use a corner but this corner class is deep so we could find a nice player like we did with TT and C-web in the second round. If we re-sign Cofield and integrate Joseph our DL should hold up much better since a lack of DT depth wore Canty and our DL out. That's why our D fell apart down the stretch, over the course of the game we became the more beaten up team and that's not what we can let happen. So I'd still look for a DT but DT is also a remarkably deep position this year so I wouldn't be opposed to waiting here as well.

I can't really argue against a LB except that I think guys like Boley got worn out as well because of DL wearing out. Him and Goff is a duo I'd be fine with if our DL holds up better next year. At SAM Sintim needs to be the starter next year and if he's not ready we need to make a move be it through FA, with a legit starter like we did with Boley and not with an over the hill vet like Bulluck, or the draft.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Eli the prospect was better than Luck or Bradford to be honest. Eli the NFL qb? Remains to be seen. But Eli the prospect was amazing.

I had Ben rated highly as well. Didn't rate Rivers too high, was never a huge fan, I liked him but I thought Eli and Ben were both a notch above him.

To be fair, I was all over Brady Quinn's nuts when he came out.....yeah....not my best call there...
Eli the prospect didn't have to run a system where you need a PHd to be a WR.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Luck goes to Stanford so maybe he can do a better job in this system. Trade Eli and get Luck.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade the system and get a new one. Or get phd WR coach to teach our WRs.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Ok guys. Haha.

On a serious note though, Eli is 30 now. that means realistically, he has another 5 years in him. His window is closing.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Question: if Marcell Dareus were to start slipping into the 15-20 range, what do you think are the chances that Jerry Reese trades up a few spots and pounces on him?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we all hate the offense but it hasn't been the problem the last 2 years. The collapse in the Eagles game was 95% on the defense and all of last year Eli and the offense carried the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2011, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Ok guys. Haha.

On a serious note though, Eli is 30 now. that means realistically, he has another 5 years in him. His window is closing.
Not if we keep surrounding him with talent. I think 5-7 years is realistic.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all Eli needs are some wrangler jeans commercials, some nudie cell phone pics, pain killer addictions and he'll play like another 10 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone really see Peyton going away within the next 5 years? I think Eli will outplay Peyton so I wouldn't even worry about him til he's 35 unless he ever actually has to miss a game due to injury. Simplify the offense a little, fix the OL, keep stocking up the D, figure out someway to get a stud in at the SAM, special teams shouldn't ride the short bus to games and we'll be golden.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ok guys. Haha.

I don't know why Reese won't get him a legit TE that he can count on. Even a guy like Moeaki would have been the sex for your team. Boss makes it count when he gets a shot, but a TE that could really be a threat in the passing game and a safety valve would cut down on his INT numbers quite a bit I think.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We wouldn't use a TE in that way in this offense anway so it would just be a waste. We like keeping our TE's in to block more often than not.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We wouldn't use a TE in that way in this offense anway so it would just be a waste. We like keeping our TE's in to block more often than not.
That's what I was saying is that I wished you guys would buck that trend. Eli works brilliantly with a guy who runs routes and knows where he will be, if he got to utilize a safety valve in a reliable TE like that who could run great routes it would probably do wonders for him.

Romo would throw 20 picks a season if we didn't have Witten. Easily.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I would love to see it happen I'm just not getting my hopes up. We'll all praying someone finally hired Gilbride so we could hire Banning for OC.

sig by BoneKrusher