Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"5) Jordan Cameron/TE/USC — Cameron posted the second-best 40-yard dash time for tight ends (4.59) and best three-cone time (6.82) at the position. Cameron, who has excellent size (6’5 1/8", 254), only played tight end during his senior season. He played wide receiver in previous seasons. He also played college basketball. Because of his lack of experience at tight end, he’ll have to be brought along slowly at the NFL level."

sound like a TE you'd want learning behind Tony for a couple seasons? :)

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** my life, i fell in love with this guy. i now want him in a falcons uniform.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple of workout warriors you got there. They have both underachieved.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we got Baldwin, I wouldn't be upset at all. Mega potential, and if we are drafting him, it means some of his concerns are overblown. Extremely disappointing season from him though.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won't get Baldwin. His character issues are probably worse than some of the prospects we discussed earlier.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
We won't get Baldwin. His character issues are probably worse than some of the prospects we discussed earlier.
What are his character issues? All i see is he was very annoyed at how ******* terrible the offense was last year at Pitt.

Sig by BK

Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
What are his character issues? All i see is he was very annoyed at how ******* terrible the offense was last year at Pitt.
I read some quote where he bashed either the player or the team, can't remember. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. I'd give him a shot just because of the talent, not sure if T.D. will feel the same way.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baldwin's issues are more "diva" issues than anything else. It's still probably enough for TD to pass though. If there's going to be swagger or attitude, he wants it in the positive way. See Spoon.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

blake and i agree ;)

Sig by BK

Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he got some hoops in him. Next Antonio Gates?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Anyone else get the feeling that we shouldn't sleep on Brooks Reed? I know he's more of a 34 OLB type, but he's 265 and can seriously rush the passer. Hardworking, productive, aggressive... sounds like a classic TD pick to me.

His stock is flying too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go before us.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Anyone else get the feeling that we shouldn't sleep on Brooks Reed? I know he's more of a 34 OLB type, but he's 265 and can seriously rush the passer. Hardworking, productive, aggressive... sounds like a classic TD pick to me.

His stock is flying too. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go before us.
I wouldn't mind drafting Brooks Reed and having him play on his hands or even put him at OLB and blitz him all the time.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-09-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
worth the try in the late rounds.

Sig by BK

Old 03-10-2011, 05:27 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't mind drafting Brooks Reed and having him play on his hands or even put him at OLB and blitz him all the time.
He's not a fit at OLB at all for us. And blitz? We don't know what that is.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
He's not a fit at OLB at all for us. And blitz? We don't know what that is.
That's not entirely fair, if I recall correctly we had some games where we unleashed the blitz. We blitzed a lot against Green Bay, we just kept missing Rodgers... However, I agree, if we draft Reed it's as a DE.

Saw Kiper's latest mock, and Bowers was there at 8. It's not actually that big a stretch. Titans drafted DEs last year, so they don't have a need. I'd be willing to offer up a similar package to the one the Jags offered to move up for Harvey to go get Bowers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...erMockDraft3.0

Quinn's there at 12, that could be a trade-up option too.

I think we're at the point where we should go for the home-run, we don't have that many holes to fill.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
That's not entirely fair, if I recall correctly we had some games where we unleashed the blitz. We blitzed a lot against Green Bay, we just kept missing Rodgers... However, I agree, if we draft Reed it's as a DE.

Saw Kiper's latest mock, and Bowers was there at 8. It's not actually that big a stretch. Titans drafted DEs last year, so they don't have a need. I'd be willing to offer up a similar package to the one the Jags offered to move up for Harvey to go get Bowers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...erMockDraft3.0

Quinn's there at 12, that could be a trade-up option too.

I think we're at the point where we should go for the home-run, we don't have that many holes to fill.
We unleashed the blitz in exactly one game. Versus the Saints in week 15. We blitzed a little more than usual in the playoff game, but once again, it was very rare.

Agreed completely on the rest. I wonder if Quinn's tumor going to cause him to slip a bit.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I said draft Reed as a DE, but have him blitz on the outside on occasion.

I wouldn't trade up for Bowers, just Quinn. Even with his off field problems and missing a whole year, I see Quinn as a far more of a safer option, meaning more likely to succeed. The way he just dominated at UNC, not many players can do that. He looked like a veteran NFL DE and not a Sophomore in college.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-10-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Bowers all day.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Possibly, I like guys who were former basketball players turned te, most work out well. Gonzo, gates, graham. Definitely worth a late round flyer.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jordan Cameron really didn't show anything on the field, and that's a problem. He a 5th round pick at earliest.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-10-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

I like Brooks Reed also and he could play a dual role of def end,linebacker. He's big enough to play def end and the name of the game is to get heat on the QB. What I hate about all these draft boards is we have no way to know what TDs board is setup as. Most think players like reed,Titus Young, Randolph etc etc will go in the top 10 picks of round 2. Heck if a player can make plays that's all I care about. When only 16% of first rounders from picks 14-32 make it to a pro bowl the chances are good whoever is available probably won't be an exceptional player which is why the better teams know how to scout and evaluate.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
I like Brooks Reed also and he could play a dual role of def end,linebacker. He's big enough to play def end and the name of the game is to get heat on the QB. What I hate about all these draft boards is we have no way to know what TDs board is setup as. Most think players like reed,Titus Young, Randolph etc etc will go in the top 10 picks of round 2. Heck if a player can make plays that's all I care about. When only 16% of first rounders from picks 14-32 make it to a pro bowl the chances are good whoever is available probably won't be an exceptional player which is why the better teams know how to scout and evaluate.
You are really set on this pro bowl stuff arnt you...must have really read up on some crazy statistics.

As long as we dont draft another JA 98 we should be moving forward
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Statistics don't mean ****. When you are drafting, basically what you wanna do is fill needs and hope they play as well as you expect them to. Obviously you project your first round pick to be more successful than your 7th rounder, but there is no way of knowing who will have a better career.

You can flip a coin 100 times and all 100 of those can be heads, but the next time you flip it's still 50/50.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

There's a reason the Packers look to be a top team for the next 3 or so years. Evaluating talent is key in the draft since they don't sign alot of free agents. The reason I'm hooked on pro bowl type of players is because lets face it the Falcon's lack talent and the only way to be an elite team is to bring players who can develop into better than average players. Why should we settle for the Jams,Nicholas's,,Jenkins type players when much better players are needed. Pro Bowl selections are controverisal because many goodp layers don't get selected but I'm just using that figuratively.

Bosanac, your right on there is no way to truly tell which players are guaranteed to be stars because if there was they would be top choices every year. However with quality scouting, the player fitting the right scheme, and coaching you'll hit on alot more players than just randomly pulling them out of hat which seems like we did with Reeves and Mckay being the Gms.

Right now alot of players look good but only a small percentage will be pro bowl level players. Can TD find those players for a talent infusion we need?
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

You're putting it all on scouting. You can't scout players and see if they will be pro bowlers or not. It's what the players do after they are drafted.

Quote:
we all hate you