Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THey should go with Heyward or Kerrigan. I would say Justin Houston, but I think he fits better in a 3-4.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston actually fits better in the 4-3. Even in the base 3-4 he still played a lot on his hands. He spent 3 years as a 4-3 DE in college and did very well.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Clayborne, his talent level is much higher than his current draft stock indicates. For his size he is an excellent athlete and he has a lot of room for improvement as far as technique and strength training.

He was a sure-fire top ten guy coming into his senior season and would give us a player at that left-end/strong-side end spot.

However, not sure on his character and that could throw a wrench into everything.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was arrested in 2009 and eventually pled guilty to a misdemeanor. However everything I read says his teammathes and coaches love him and his work ethic.

Last edited by FTRWRTR : 04-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clayborne is way way way too slow of the snap. He's a smaller version of Jamaal Anderson. Horrible first step, not violent enough, and doesn't use his only pass rush move, the bull rush, well enough to translate to the NFL. He would be a terrible first round pick.

I'm starting to want to get Ryan Williams more and more. He's my favorite back in the draft, and I think he's got the potential to be the #1 back here. Obviously Turner still has some gas, and could be around a little while, but Williams is a guy I think could extend Turner's career, and give us something that Turner doesn't have, suddenness. I think that's my favorite quality about Williams, his movements are sudden, decisive and while he's not the fastest guy on the field, he might be the quickest. He's fast to get to the hole, and powerful enough to run straight up the gut, in a lot of ways he reminds me of Turner with better hands, and more quick twitch ability, but is easier to tackle than Turner (then again, how many RBs aren't?)

If we could get Williams in the 3rd, and a WR in the 2nd, I would be plenty happy. Even if we traded out of day 1 of the draft to pickup an additional 2nd rounder and give ourselves a shot at drafting both a quality DE and WR/RB in round 2 I'd be happy.

I'd also like to see us get another large 6'2"+ LB. Someone with plenty of speed, someone like Cal's LB prospect, he's not going to be a high round pick, but I really like his fit for the Falcons. He's 6'3" 240 pounds and ran in the 4.4s. I know he may need to be coached up, but talk about a special teams maven for a year, and letting him learn under Mike Peterson. We could have a seriously nasty trio of playmakers @ Linebacker. He's not the strongest against the run, but he's great against the pass, and would be wonderful compliment to Spoon on the SLB and Lofton in the Middle.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Clayborne is way way way too slow of the snap. He's a smaller version of Jamaal Anderson. Horrible first step, not violent enough, and doesn't use his only pass rush move, the bull rush, well enough to translate to the NFL. He would be a terrible first round pick.

I'm starting to want to get Ryan Williams more and more. He's my favorite back in the draft, and I think he's got the potential to be the #1 back here. Obviously Turner still has some gas, and could be around a little while, but Williams is a guy I think could extend Turner's career, and give us something that Turner doesn't have, suddenness. I think that's my favorite quality about Williams, his movements are sudden, decisive and while he's not the fastest guy on the field, he might be the quickest. He's fast to get to the hole, and powerful enough to run straight up the gut, in a lot of ways he reminds me of Turner with better hands, and more quick twitch ability, but is easier to tackle than Turner (then again, how many RBs aren't?)

If we could get Williams in the 3rd, and a WR in the 2nd, I would be plenty happy. Even if we traded out of day 1 of the draft to pickup an additional 2nd rounder and give ourselves a shot at drafting both a quality DE and WR/RB in round 2 I'd be happy.

I'd also like to see us get another large 6'2"+ LB. Someone with plenty of speed, someone like Cal's LB prospect, he's not going to be a high round pick, but I really like his fit for the Falcons. He's 6'3" 240 pounds and ran in the 4.4s. I know he may need to be coached up, but talk about a special teams maven for a year, and letting him learn under Mike Peterson. We could have a seriously nasty trio of playmakers @ Linebacker. He's not the strongest against the run, but he's great against the pass, and would be wonderful compliment to Spoon on the SLB and Lofton in the Middle.
no chance in hell Ryan Williams falls to the 3rd round. sorry mane.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but im excited to see what the falcons are gonna do. I think the falcons needs OL and DE are gonna be a good fit in the 1st round. I wanna see a 3rd down back and slot WR somewhere in the middle rounds.

What does everythink think about drafting a late round QB ?
Old 04-18-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but im excited to see what the falcons are gonna do. I think the falcons needs OL and DE are gonna be a good fit in the 1st round. I wanna see a 3rd down back and slot WR somewhere in the middle rounds.

What does everythink think about drafting a late round QB ?
Taylor Potts would be nice.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

I think Akeem Ayers could be the star out of the 3 (Clayborn,Reed, Ayers). Ayers is more an OLB but I believe shows more potential at that position than Reed does at Def end.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to get Ayers as well, he's a stud.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll keep far away from Ayers.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'll keep far away from Ayers.
have to agree
Old 04-19-2011, 07:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea i'll pass on ayers also
Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
no chance in hell Ryan Williams falls to the 3rd round. sorry mane.
SSDD.

There is 0 chance you have any clue of Ryan Williams potentially being a 3rd rounder. I rate him higher than that, but there may be teams that rate him as a first and some that rate him as a 5th. You have no way of knowing what all 32 GMs in the NFL see, and you have no idea how the draft is going to play out and maybe 5 teams have him as a 2nd round pick, but when their board comes up and they have someone they rated as a 1st rounder available in round 2, then that forces Williams (or any player) down the board.

So, EVERY year people say, oh there's no chance player X is going in round X. Last year, I think everyone had that DE from USC pegged in the 2nd MAYBE 3rd round...he went in the 5th. There are numerous players every, single, year that get drafted way insanely high, and way low for what they are, for whatever reason. So unless you have something more to add here I would suggest moving along, and sling your rep elsewhere, not going to fly here.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Well, if you have the intention of getting RW on your team you had perhaps not bank on him falling to the bottom of the third round.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Certain players slide for whatever reason. I wouldn't bet on Williams sliding though.There's a chance but if a team really wants him better go in the 2nd round..
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Certain players slide for whatever reason. I wouldn't bet on Williams sliding though.There's a chance but if a team really wants him better go in the 2nd round..
Yeah, but the guys I always think will never slide, always do, it's odd so that's what I was going off of.

But for sure if I was drafting I'd have to take a really hard look at him with our 2nd round pick. If there was a way we could trade back out of the first and pick up a 2nd and 3rd this year I would find it hard to pass on him with 1 of the 2 2nd rounders.

Just hoping, that's all.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I think the falcons need a 3rd down change of pace back before they need a powerful back like Ryan Williams. Turner and Snelling are enough power backs for the team we need someone to replace Norwood. Good thing is they are lots of choices in the mid rounds.

I'm crossing my fingers for Cobb or the WR from Troy in the 2nd round.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

There seems to be an abundance of RBs in the league as a lot of teams have great depth, and when they do draft a RB they tend to be extremely picky (can he block, catch, is he fast, what system, size, competition?).

If we do draft a RB it will be in the 5th round or something, and they won't go of the board fast as many people believe so.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-19-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Depth at RB isn't ever a bad thing, you need to have 2-3 Starting quality tailbacks in today's NFL. 1 goes down you have to have 2 who can step up and shoulder the load. I agree I want a back who can be a 3rd down back, but Williams is a guy who can use his hands in those situations as well as contribute elsewhere. This is also why I want a guy like Greg Little, he can play WR, but can also be used as a matchup nightmare out of the backfield in 3rd down situations.

6'3 230 pound RB who is agile and has some of the best hands in this year's draft. Who is a capable route runner as well, not the best, but no WR is when they're entering the league.

I know there will be more backs next year, but I hate to see us get another Norwood who is amazing, but can't stay healthy.

All that being said, I don't even think our FO has given Little an interview so this is all just a pipe dream at this point. Our guys have their draft board set, 9 days before the big draft starts not like they'll be adding any new guys this late into the draft.

I do think Williams matches our 'explosive' keyword for this offseason, his burst is just that, explosive. I don't want a smallish slot WR to go with the 2 we already have on the roster, I want someone who is good enough to let us cut Mike Jenkins. I am hoping Meier can come back and be our B. Finn, but I really think we need that #2 WR to create more explosive plays. If we can get a small burner in round 3+ great, but even if that's the plan, I wouldn't mind seeing us bring in 2 WRs this year. Matt Ryan needs another weapon, because lets be honest, we only have 1 big play threat. Unless Harry does something more akin to the end of his rookie season.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don't restrict your personal draft "wants" to one player. There is a very slim chance we will draft Greg Little anyway. He's not the small quick playmaker we are looking for and he has off field issues we don't take our chances on. There were also numerous reports that he was so "dishonest" when teams interviewed him, he might not even get drafted at all.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Little doesn't have off field issues, not anything serious at all. It's not like a character flaw or anything. now as far as him being dishonest, there's no way for me or you to know that, there are always people slinging mud.

I know we're not going to draft little, we didn't even work him out or anything, at least as far as any source I've seen goes. But I've always got a few pet prospects I want on the team, nothing wrong with that.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Little doesn't have off field issues, not anything serious at all. It's not like a character flaw or anything. now as far as him being dishonest, there's no way for me or you to know that, there are always people slinging mud.

I know we're not going to draft little, we didn't even work him out or anything, at least as far as any source I've seen goes. But I've always got a few pet prospects I want on the team, nothing wrong with that.
little was suspended all of last year.. how is that not off field issues?

Sig by BK

Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
little was suspended all of last year.. how is that not off field issues?
For going to a party that an agent was at...how IS that an off field issue? It's not like it was only him, it was 1/2 their team.

You need a ladder to get down from your high horse dude.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
For going to a party that an agent was at...how IS that an off field issue? It's not like it was only him, it was 1/2 their team.

You need a ladder to get down from your high horse dude.
It seems like it's you who is on the high horse.

Greg Little "received $4,952 in extra benefits, including diamond earrings, as well as travel accommodations for the Bahamas, Washington D.C. and two trips to Miami, among other benefits.

Quote:
we all hate you