Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm with you if he falls a bit and is on the board like when the lions pick at 13 then you could trade up for him and not cost an arm in a leg. I'm not even saying they should its just something diffrent to look and think about other then the same ol 1st round talk.
An arm in a leg seems like a really high price to pay, yea don't wanna do that.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think about Mark Ingram? We haven't talked too much about him, but it's another possibility.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
What does everyone think about Mark Ingram? We haven't talked too much about him, but it's another possibility.
nty, wont succeed in the NFL imo. Now Richardson next year, lock to be a top 10 possibly top 5 pick.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:08 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be thrilled with him at 27. I just think he's too good to pass up and he fits a need. Snelling is not that good and Turner cannot be expected to carry it 330 times every year. Turner clearly wore down late in the season.

However, I think the Falcons are going to trade up for a DE, WR or OT, so I don't think it's a very likely pick. There's been no signs the Falcons are considering Ingram. Obviously, they can still find a quality back to take some of the carries without spending a first rounder on one.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want him in the first round Turner still has some years left and Snelling is a solid backup. The person we need is a chance of pace back and those guys can be found anywhere in the draft. I'm hoping for Tawain Jones in the 2nd or 3rd round. He is a good player, but I don't want any HB in the first round.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Julio starts to fall towards the bottom of the top 10 I wouldn't be SHOCKED to see it happen. I'm really really hoping we pick up a dynamic WR, and I really hope it's Julio. That kid kept his nose clean, and he's a pure monster waiting to happen. If it doesn't cost us everything, then I say bring him home TD!
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is the big day everyone very excited to see what our falcons do. I'm not really sure what person I want the falcons to draft at this point i want a DE just not sure what one exactly.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see too many of the DEs play this year, but Aldon Smith is the guy I want based on his rankings and attributes. He seems to be a pass rushing terror that can get past pick 15 and we need to trade up to get him. Our pass rush is just too terrible to leave as be- if we don't get a DE in the first this year, I am going to be pissed. A lot of the DEs that will go in the 20s this year would have rose up to be top 15 picks in any other year.

Titus Young in the 2nd would be the best thing ever.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons are going to get a DE, one way or another. If they don't draft one, it means there's a free agent, like maybe Charles Johnson, they intend to pursue.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I didn't see too many of the DEs play this year, but Aldon Smith is the guy I want based on his rankings and attributes. He seems to be a pass rushing terror that can get past pick 15 and we need to trade up to get him. Our pass rush is just too terrible to leave as be- if we don't get a DE in the first this year, I am going to be pissed. A lot of the DEs that will go in the 20s this year would have rose up to be top 15 picks in any other year.

Titus Young in the 2nd would be the best thing ever.
You can't just not come on for 2 months and show up on draft day.

Anyway Aldon Smith is meh overrated, we have too many Tigers anyway. Titus Young is meh, I would rather take Cobb.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Falcons are going to get a DE, one way or another. If they don't draft one, it means there's a free agent, like maybe Charles Johnson, they intend to pursue.
I completely agree with this, and honestly believe that Charles Johnson is who they have their eyes on. He will be our big splash signing. I think they realize that our window is opening, but could just as easily be closing. We have to get a dynamic Pass rusher for NOW, not to develop. I think that's what Sid is for, and I think they're still very high on his ability. Having a rotation of Abe, Kroy, Sid, CJ and Anderson(for run downs and sub DT) would be very, very intense and very very scary for opposing offenses.

I think WRs used to take 3 years, but now I think with the 'elite' that time is 1 year. I think Julio could come in, start day 1, especially opposite someone like Roddy White, with Matt Ryan throwing the ball and blow the TOP off the offense. A big, fast guy who's #1 attribute may be going up and fighting for the ball mid air, that's exactly what Matt Ryan needs. Not Michael Jenkins sitting around waiting for the ball to get to him, someone who wants to own the ball in the air.

Julio Jones, in 1 on 1 situations would end up accounting for a lot of points on the board, and a lot of first downs. His run after catch is insane too. I know I'm getting my hopes up, only to see him get drafted elsewhere and us not move up, but I'm happy to be this excited on Draft day and have literally no idea what's coming!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
You can't just not come on for 2 months and show up on draft day.

Anyway Aldon Smith is meh overrated, we have too many Tigers anyway. Titus Young is meh, I would rather take Cobb.
srsly? The kid is super dynamic, and a big time playmaker, but I think his best position is the slot, and what we lack is the #2 WR. If not Jones/Green I want Little or Hankerson in here because they bring something we don't have in our offense.

I would be way more excited about Young if we didn't have Douglas and Weems. I fully expect Douglas to come back into form by mid season, but not before then.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Yea DE is a major need, but really thats the only major need we have on defense as we are in good shape at DT,LB, S. The only other thing we need for sure is another CB to come in and play nickle. If we have 3 past OL waiting in the wings so they could fill in if we don't sign one of the OL backs.

On offense we need a change of pace HB, but everyone knows those are a dime a dozen. We need a future TE, but none of us know how highly the team thinks of Palmer. Plus im sure they could find one in like the 5th round.

If the team thinks Julio can put the offense over the edge and is the final piece. Then go for it and make the trade. We have 9 picks maybe they don't think we have spots for 9 rookies on the team.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
srsly? The kid is super dynamic, and a big time playmaker, but I think his best position is the slot, and what we lack is the #2 WR. If not Jones/Green I want Little or Hankerson in here because they bring something we don't have in our offense.

I would be way more excited about Young if we didn't have Douglas and Weems. I fully expect Douglas to come back into form by mid season, but not before then.
Young certainly had a lot of big time plays in his college career. I'm basing my opinion on scouting him the whole game. Maybe I've just seen the worst ones. Jerell Jernigan and Randall Cobb were guys that really brought it every single snap and carried their teams the whole game. I know we won't need Young to carry the Falcons, but he just seemed like he disappears here and there and dropped a lot of balls, and took a lot of steps back and lost yards.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Young certainly had a lot of big time plays in his college career. I'm basing my opinion on scouting him the whole game. Maybe I've just seen the worst ones. Jerell Jernigan and Randall Cobb were guys that really brought it every single snap and carried their teams the whole game. I know we won't need Young to carry the Falcons, but he just seemed like he disappears here and there and dropped a lot of balls, and took a lot of steps back and lost yards.
So did the greatest running back in the history of the NFL. Barry Sanders.

But I can see how that would be annoying, but that's also sort of what we need. We need a guy to take risks to get those big plays, we don't have that right now, and that's how big plays are made, taking unique angles, or changing direction, unless of course you're Michael Turner and just plow people while your offensive line just mauls. But yeah.

So I see what you're saying, and for sure JJ and Cobb were carrying their teams, but I don't know if I really want that. Cobb more than JJ, but I'm just wanting that dynamic #2, which I don't think Young is either, but he's got explosive written all over him. Remember, Roddy dropped a lot of balls to, sometimes it's just trying to do too dang much that gets ya in trouble.

Greg Little is the one to me who has the best hands in the draft. The dude is effortless, he catches every pass in his hands, even if it's in his gut, and he does it like he was born to do it.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read that falcons are considering taking baldwin at 27, I dunno about that, I still think they take de in the first. I'm thinking with houston failing the drug test at the combine Atlanta will go with cameron heyward.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyward would not bolster the pass rush. No point in that pick.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gettin Close. Right now Im trying to be ready for a pick were all wont agree on.

We all agree most glaring need is DE. So lets go thru that list.
1. Quinn - have to trade up alot
2. Bowers- health concerns, prolly have to trade up a few spots
3. Kerrigan- wont get past 20
4. Smith- wont get past 20
5. Jordan- 5 tech, not a fit
6. Watt- 5 tech, not a fit
7. Clayborne- should be there, some minor OTF issues, bad senior yr
8- Heyward- 5 tech, not a fit
9. Houston- Best fit, yet recent OTF issues, red flags, not happening
10.Reed- great motor, more of a "try harder" may not have much of a ceiling, but would be great in round 2
11. Bailey- Physical specimen, not a great ball player, take long time to develop

So from a DE look, w/o having to trade up or get extremely lucky w/ some1 falling Clayborne seems like hed be the only possible option, and even then, I have my concerns. Houston, well, if the issues are true and Falcons see that, well no dice. And Bailey, guy is just gonna suck. Based on this I'm just not sure if DE is the right pick for us, dont take this wrong we need a DE badly, but I dont just want to draft the next 1 available b/c its what we need.

If the Falcons feel this way, I personally do love the trade up for Julio idea, as long as its not an insane deal, and we can fill another need, the deal would have to be right. I also really like Cobb for the fact he played in the SEC, was his teams star player, not a 1 year wonder at all, no issues at all, and is just a good ball player. Titus young, well althoguh hes very explosive and dynamic, I feel as if he only just burst onto the scene (big thankyou to Djax) and Jernigan I like a tad better due to his size and ability.

Rudolph seems like a very safe pick, and very solid at 27, i dont think anyone would be upset w/ that.

So who knows, hopefully were all suprised in a good way and come away w/ a great draft to get us excited bout the season
Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to be the first to welcome Julio Jones to Atlanta.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah!

I'm cool with it.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I'm shocked...I think we gave up a tad bit much
we really needed that 2nd round pick.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

We gave up all four limbs.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

I trust in dimitroff, he's a great talent evaluator. Personally, I considered jones to be the #1 wr in this draft.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dunagan was right. I would miss the Falcons pick FUUUUUUUCKK!!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-28-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Green was, IMO, undoubtably the top guy.

However, for us I like Julio. Green is better in a downfield system IMO. Julio will fit in well with our short to intermediate game and is an excellent blocker.

I'm just worried about the OL/ DL.