Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
3rd - Jabaal Sheard DE
5th- Derrick Locke RB
6th- Cecil Shorts
7th- Jordan Cemeron TE
7th- Brian Rolle OLB
7th- Mike Muhammad OLB
Pretty good list but I can't see them taking another wr before TE or at least one LB.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Like everyone else love the player and what it does for the offense. I just wish we would have been able to keep one of the 4th rounders.
Well, it sucks losing the 4th as well. But we could get some nice comp picks next year depending on who we lose in FA.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Well, it sucks losing the 4th as well. But we could get some nice comp picks next year depending on who we lose in FA.
How do you think the FA for us will work out for us? I'm thinking we could let one of the OG go and sign Clabo.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if we will resign Clabo, just because we have a bunch of guys to fill at RT, and Julio Jones is already a top dollar signing. I hope we bring him back though, but either way I think we will bring only one OG back.

I think Stephen Nicholas and Jerious Norwood are also good as gone, and have some comp pick potential.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-29-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Mark my words Jacquiez Rogers(sp) will be a steal whoever gets him. I'd love to have him even if its a part time role in the 3rd round. Casey Mathews don't forget him. The BPA to fill a need probably is the way to go. Maybe someone slides to the Falcs 3rd rounder?
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can get Jordan Cameron in the 7th round I'd be stoked, MM is a linebacker I'd be all over too. Shorts, meh, I'd really rather have Denarius Moore from TN, and I don't think another WR is out of the question either, in fact I kinda hope it isn't. Locke as a RB would be nice too. I like your list of players for the Falcons Bos. Not a big Sheard fan, but other than that, I'm all for it.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the falcons taking another WR as the 6 spots for WR on the team are set. I see them bringing in a HB and TE and maybe even a OL just not a WR.

Roddy White
Julio Jones
Michael Jenkins
Harry Douglas
Kerry Mier
Weems

Also I agree with whoever said it the falcons are gonna be awesome in Madden this year lol
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Promising trade for you guys but clearly Dimitroff doesn't subscribe to this: CHFF theory. It gets at the reason I didn't want the Browns to take either of the top WRs. Browns are far from SB contenders but it's still a questionable philosophy for him to take.

Quote:
ONE – Wide receivers, for all their eye-catching flash and dash, are little more than shiny ornaments on the hood of an NFL offense. Oh, sure, they’re nice to have. But they don’t necessarily make your offense any better – and they rarely if ever make your team any better.

TWO – You should add a flashy wide receiver only when all the other pieces of a great team are in place: a great driver (the quarterback), some sporty tires that provide plenty of traction (the offensive line and ground game), a powerful motor (the defense) and a great transmission (special teams) that allows you to change gears quickly and effectively.

THREE – Even the greatest receivers of all time can make a big impact only when all those pieces are in place, and even then the impact is largely overstated. Even the great Jerry Rice, for example, touched the ball just four to five times per game. So the impact of even the greatest at the position is minimal compared with the impact of a certain position that touches the ball on every offensive snap. And remember, Rice did not make the 49ers a great team. He was drafted by the 18-1 defending Super Bowl

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Favorite late round 'explosive' prospects for everyone?

Mario Fannin - RB - Auburn
Denarius Moore - WR - Tennessee
Ricardo Lockette - WR - Ft. Valley State
DeMarcus Van Dyke - CB - Miami
Chimdi Chekwa - CB - Ohio State
Mario Harvey - LB - Marshall
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Promising trade for you guys but clearly Dimitroff doesn't subscribe to this: CHFF theory. It gets at the reason I didn't want the Browns to take either of the top WRs. Browns are far from SB contenders but it's still a questionable philosophy for him to take.
Did you see the Packers this year?

No doubt in my mind Julio just made us a ton better, you trying to view 1 player, not what it does for our entire offense. Double Roddy, ok cool Julio is 1 on 1, oh ya Tony G is open, and Jenkins now being the 3rd WR w/ experience. Thats huge for us.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Favorite late round 'explosive' prospects for everyone?

Mario Fannin - RB - Auburn
Denarius Moore - WR - Tennessee
Ricardo Lockette - WR - Ft. Valley State
DeMarcus Van Dyke - CB - Miami
Chimdi Chekwa - CB - Ohio State
Mario Harvey - LB - Marshall
I'm staying away from fannin, I don't like guys who have the measurables to be studs yet do next to nothing in college.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far so good! yet there have only been 4 picks lol
Old 04-29-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

there goes Sheard
Old 04-29-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

So Bowers is falling hard, would he make it to 91?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
So Bowers is falling hard, would he make it to 91?
If he does his knee is **** and Atlanta needs to stay away from him.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat

when you get there choose a username and click enter. Then type...

/join #falcons

just like that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-29-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
It was definitely a luxury move, but if you look at how the Falcons offense struggled towards the latter half of the season, then you knew the Falcons were very 1 dimensional. They could only grind out the clock and sustain drives because their receivers could not get much separation. Roddy White would be double covered, but 6'4" Michael Jenkins, 34 year old Tony Gonzalez, torn-ACL Harry Douglas, and 240 lb Snelling were unable to get separation from their defenders for long gains. With Julio Jones, a better recovered Harry Douglas, and Jerious Norwood there is much more speed to be dealt with on the offense. This explosiveness should lead to quick striking ability by the offense, something the Falcons sorely lacked last season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Some serious talent is still on the board, at this time it looks like trading away the 2nd won't hurt too much...plenty of picks to go tho'.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

I'm as high on jones as anyone but I gotta think TD and blank are having some buyer's remorse. They could've had Cameron Jordan, Leonard Hankerson and their first for next year instead of JJ.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
I'm as high on jones as anyone but I gotta think TD and blank are having some buyer's remorse. They could've had Cameron Jordan, Leonard Hankerson and their first for next year instead of JJ.
or randall cobb in the 2nd, Im hoping for Tawain Jones in the 3rd round he fits the bill of explosive players
Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We'll get a good player tonight.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
or randall cobb in the 2nd, Im hoping for Tawain Jones in the 3rd round he fits the bill of explosive players
They need to wait on a rb and get a DE next, won't it be something if they still could get houston?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I think they r gonna wait and try to sign a FA DE like edwards or Johnson
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Quote:
I think they r gonna wait and try to sign a FA DE like edwards or Johnson
Well if that's what they want to do, I trust dimitroff. Either way I hope they take acho if he's available.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

Akeem dent, solid pick.