Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I doubt he'll be on the board but it'll be like if we hit the lottery if we land Jonathan Baldwin

Pros: great size (6'5'') good hands, knows how to use his frame and size,
big red zone treat, great after the catch

Cons: Doesn't have brake away speed, sluggish out of the brakes,
he needs to improve his route running, some have said he has character issues
(If Terry Robiskie can whip Roddy into shape I'm sure he could whip Baldwin into shape)

TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Great quote from TD, via MMQB:

Quote of the Week IV
"All we need is this Luck to be drafted by Carolina.''
-- Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff, to New Orleans coach Sean Payton on the field before their Dec. 27 game in Atlanta, referring to Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

Luck, luckily for the rest of the teams in the NFC South, announced Thursday he was staying at Stanford. What a super-division of quarterbacks he would have joined, with Drew Brees (New Orleans), Matt Ryan (Atlanta) and rising star Josh Freeman (Tampa Bay) in-house. Jimmy Clausen (Carolina) just breathed a pretty big sigh of relief.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:55 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Regarding our draft, I don't think our offense needs a guy like Baldwin, I think it needs two clones:

1. Wes Welker
2. Ray Rice

For our first round pick, for me it's all about DE. OT or WR only if there is outstanding value.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

If TG does retire, I'd throw some money at FA-to-be Zach Miller rather than drafting someone.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrel Jernigan.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna get Jacquizz Rodgers in the later rounds.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i wanna get Jacquizz Rodgers in the later rounds.
Damn, where the **** you been?

and Jacquizz Rodgers would be a nice pick but he is really damn small. I wouldn't mind him or Derrick Locke.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Damn, where the **** you been?

and Jacquizz Rodgers would be a nice pick but he is really damn small. I wouldn't mind him or Derrick Locke.
haha i took a break from here to get my life fixed. but im back now :)

Jacquizz would be the perfect change of pace back for Turner in my opinion. Dude also has amazing hands from what ive heard.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha i took a break from here to get my life fixed. but im back now :)

Jacquizz would be the perfect change of pace back for Turner in my opinion. Dude also has amazing hands from what ive heard.
sounds like jail to me. welcome back though and feel free to troll in the packers forum.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
sounds like jail to me. welcome back though and feel free to troll in the packers forum.
haha naw, not jail.

my brother is a die hard packer fan so it'll be a interested sunday night taco mac visit.

Sig by BK

Old 01-16-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
callmejohn

How does that terrible showing in the last game affect your assessment of our needs going into next year? I went from thinking we needed RB/WR to needing DE/CB in round 1. You just have to be able to get pressure with only your front four.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejohn View Post
How does that terrible showing in the last game affect your assessment of our needs going into next year? I went from thinking we needed RB/WR to needing DE/CB in round 1. You just have to be able to get pressure with only your front four.
We also need to be able to score because our ***** ******* coverage allows teams to march down the field.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejohn View Post
CB wasn't the problem. while yes, we do need a better nickel, we don't need to draft one. I think we need to let Franks have a shot, when he played earlier this season he looked ten times better than Owens and Williams. Another thing we need is to get A LOT more pass rush.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
CB wasn't the problem. while yes, we do need a better nickel, we don't need to draft one. I think we need to let Franks have a shot, when he played earlier this season he looked ten times better than Owens and Williams. Another thing we need is to get A LOT more pass rush.
I agree with the pass rush need. Everyone is saying it is our CB's fault for allowing Aaron Rodgers to throw all over us, im sorry but we got close to zero pressure last night and when ever we did we didn't finish the sack.

Sig by BK

Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
I was wondering about Franks too. He only got 2 snaps at CB that I saw. Both against Larry Fitzgerald, one was a tackle, one was an interception. Seems to me you'd want that kind of player on the field.

I watched the Falcons lose to the Saints and think that Brian Williams had as much to do with the loss as anyone in the game, even more than Turner's fumble, how many sacks did he miss, 3, 4?

Of the Falcons games I've seen, I think that the Falcons are lacking a true #2 WR to be that elite offense they are capable of being. They need to get Harry Douglas more involved from the slot. I also wonder what happened to Lawrence Sidbury, did he even play this season? So I wonder if DE is really a need, or if they just need to use their personnel. Their CB spot seems awfully week outside of Robinson. I kept reading about how good Brent Grimes was, and how he led the NFL in pass breakups, but that happens when you get thrown at every play. He gave up a ton of plays, seems like he's got the knack for making big plays, but also giving up drive extending plays a lot.

That being said I would put the Falcons order of need

1a.) WR
1b.) CB
2.) DE
3.) OL
4.) OLB
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
I agree with the pass rush need. Everyone is saying it is our CB's fault for allowing Aaron Rodgers to throw all over us, im sorry but we got close to zero pressure last night and when ever we did we didn't finish the sack.
I disagree, even when they dropped 8 in coverage the LBs and CBs were just getting burnt up.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I disagree, even when they dropped 8 in coverage the LBs and CBs were just getting burnt up.
it didn't help that we let Aaron stand there and not look rushed.

Sig by BK

Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I was wondering about Franks too. He only got 2 snaps at CB that I saw. Both against Larry Fitzgerald, one was a tackle, one was an interception. Seems to me you'd want that kind of player on the field.

I watched the Falcons lose to the Saints and think that Brian Williams had as much to do with the loss as anyone in the game, even more than Turner's fumble, how many sacks did he miss, 3, 4?

Of the Falcons games I've seen, I think that the Falcons are lacking a true #2 WR to be that elite offense they are capable of being. They need to get Harry Douglas more involved from the slot. I also wonder what happened to Lawrence Sidbury, did he even play this season? So I wonder if DE is really a need, or if they just need to use their personnel. Their CB spot seems awfully week outside of Robinson. I kept reading about how good Brent Grimes was, and how he led the NFL in pass breakups, but that happens when you get thrown at every play. He gave up a ton of plays, seems like he's got the knack for making big plays, but also giving up drive extending plays a lot.

That being said I would put the Falcons order of need

1a.) WR
1b.) CB
2.) DE
3.) OL
4.) OLB
WR is not our 1st need. did you see our D last night?

Sig by BK

Old 01-16-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say our top three needs are a pass rusher, receiver, and a scat back.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
WR is not our 1st need. did you see our D last night?
I saw a defense that was on the field way too much last night. I saw a defense that gave up a long drive after some really bad no calls on the rape that was happening on the line by the Packers on 3rd downs. I saw a defense that didn't get a break after that and got gassed because of the big kickoff return touchdown. I saw an offense that put the defense in really bad spots 2 different times. 4 turnovers.

I saw a coach that made a bad decision to try to get more yardage at half, and I saw a QB that compounded a bad coaching decision by throwing a pick 6 and taking the game from 21-17 to 28-14 and ended the game in the first half. So, you can't blame ALL of that on defense.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is this for our first three picks?

1st - Ryan Kerrigan
2nd - Leonard Hankerson / Jerrel Jernigan
3rd - Noel Devine
Old 01-16-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
How is this for our first three picks?

1st - Ryan Kerrigan
2nd - Leonard Hankerson / Jerrel Jernigan
3rd - Noel Devine
I would say the Falcons with those additions would be beyond frightening.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Jerningan won't make it into the deep 2nd round, and Noel Devine is not someone the Falcons would pick.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Jerningan won't make it into the deep 2nd round, and Noel Devine is not someone the Falcons would pick.
Sadly this is true, however I think one of either Jernigan, Torrey Smith, or Hankerson will make it there. I would be estatic with any of them.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:02 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Let's be honest here guys, we won't draft anyone explosive like this. We'll hear about how Harry Douglas needed the year with his knee and the same with Peria. We'll draft a "complete" defensive end who will serve as nothing more than a similar player to what Kroy was this year, or we will draft an OL who will sit for a year behind whoever the starter is in front of him. (Clabo, McClure, or Baker). And forget making a big splash like Gaither or Vincent Jackson in Free Agency. We'll add a solid player or two and act like he's the missing piece when he'll just be a slight upgrade over what we have and than we'll play well and get thrashed again for being amazingly predictable.