Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

View Poll Results: With the 27th pick, Falcons should...
Draft an explosive WR/RB 3 12.50%
Draft a TE to replace Gonzo in future 1 4.17%
Draft an OT to protect Matty Ice 4 16.67%
Draft a DE that can get to the QB 11 45.83%
Trade Down and get more picks 3 12.50%
Trade Up and get a better player 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Mark my words Jacquiez Rogers(sp) will be a steal whoever gets him. I'd love to have him even if its a part time role in the 3rd round. Casey Mathews don't forget him. The BPA to fill a need probably is the way to go. Maybe someone slides to the Falcs 3rd rounder?
Well looky who drafted Rodgers... Great pick !
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Well looky who drafted Rodgers... Great pick !
Awesome, you might have been the only person to have called that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
i wanna get Jacquizz Rodgers in the later rounds.
Jacquizz would be the perfect change of pace back for Turner in my opinion. Dude also has amazing hands from what ive heard.
I want Jacquizz Rodgers or Jordan Todman more then Murray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Quizz measuring in under 5'6 makes me want him even more in a strange way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
we need as a change of pace back, Either Jacquizz Rodgers or Devine and I would be estatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I like Quizz, and could give a **** about his size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post

Other Players I like

RB
Jaquizz Rodgers - Size will drop him but he is a great player, poor mans Maurice Jones Drew
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
At pick 91, we will get some1 solid. Im thinking either DE, speed back, OLB.
Here is who is left, w/ 60 picks till ours.

RB- Quizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
I expect them to go de next, no need to go crazy for a complementary rb. Guys like jacquizz rodgers will be available in the later rounds.

It's well documented, we ******* liked Quizz.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 05-01-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably will be a while till we are able to sign UDFA, but when we can, I hope to see some speedsters. Those guys can always make a team.

I would imagine we get either Derrick Locke, Noel Devine, or Ricardo Lockette. We showed good interest in all of those. Would be nice to bring them in.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-01-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I would've loved to see them draft Herzlich especially over a punter....whoever signs him will get a steal.

Atlanta could've had cam. jordan, leonard hankerson, dj williams, their 1st and their 4th next year instead of jones. I would've preferred to have all that but what's done is done and bottom line is JJ will be a beast lining up opposite of white. The Falcon's offense is going to give opposing d's nightmares.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy to say that when its all said and done, I dont think anyone thought Hank would last till round 3 or DJ as long as he did
Old 05-01-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm happy with our trade. JJ is going to be in serious consideration for the Rookie of the Year vote. I also think he could just come in and go bananas on these opposing corners in the NFC South especially, were going to kill people offensively.

Remember we had the #5 offense in points scored last year, and we were one of the most predictable teams in the NFL. Now it won't matter what they can predict, they can't cover our base formation with their nickel anymore. Going to be sick.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
I'm happy with our trade. JJ is going to be in serious consideration for the Rookie of the Year vote. I also think he could just come in and go bananas on these opposing corners in the NFC South especially, were going to kill people offensively.

Remember we had the #5 offense in points scored last year, and we were one of the most predictable teams in the NFL. Now it won't matter what they can predict, they can't cover our base formation with their nickel anymore. Going to be sick.
It cost less to get BOTH Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall. Not a little less. A lot less.

Is Julio better than Boldin and Marshall put together?

I'm pretty sure ATL could have called the Cards, gotten a list of what players they wanted with each of those picks, and just traded the rights to all of those players for Larry Fitzgerald as soon as the lockout was lifted.

Then you'd have Roddy across from Fitz. Ryan would toss the ball leisurely downfield without even looking and it would rain touchdowns. Faces would melt. Heads would explode. Wombs would be filled immaculately. Cities would burn. It would be carnage.

Last edited by Monomach : 05-02-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
It cost less to get BOTH Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall. Not a little less. A lot less.

I'm pretty sure ATL could have called the Cards, gotten a list of what players they wanted with each of those picks, and just traded the rights to all of those players for Larry Fitzgerald as soon as the lockout was lifted.

Then you'd have Roddy across from Fitz. Ryan would toss the ball leisurely downfield without even looking and it would rain touchdowns. Faces would melt. Heads would explode. Wombs would be filled immaculately. Cities would burn. It would be carnage.
Haha awesome.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Falcon's still need def upgrades if they want to go far in the playoffs.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People making definitive statements about the trade are just blowhards. You don't know how good Jones will be. He might be an elite WR for a decade. THis we know for sure: He was a significantly better prospect than Marshall or Boldin, and he's significantly younger.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Psst...your jealousy is showing.

You forget about all the financial ramifications that come in a deal like that too. Especially considering we don't know if there will even be a salary cap, beyond that we don't know if there will be a rookie wage scale implemented etc.

So if Julio plays up to his ability, which as we all know isn't a guarantee in any draft prospect, then the Falcons are looking at having 2 of the 10 best WRs in the NFL within a couple of seasons. Could we have gotten Fitz here for fewer draft picks? Absolutely, would it have hamstrung our salary cap, assuming there is one put back in? Absolutely, so I'm extremely happy getting the best WR in this draft class, for what our team needs.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Julio Jones for the price > 2 handicapped DEs

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Rookie Jersey numbers are in

Jersey numbers have been decided on by Falcons Draft picks: Jones (11), Dent (43), Rodgers (22), Bosher (5), Jackson (69), Matthews (93)

J.Adams Twitter

I'm happy with these selections, I love the 11 and the DOUBLE DEUCE! Dent being 43 is weird, but w/e. Matthews #93 is solid, I'm a fan.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I love the 11 and 22 from two playmakers.

Dent had his college number available, 43 is just a little weird on a LB. I immediately thought Polamalu when I heard that.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-02-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh man, I have a feeling Quizz may have an even better season than Julio, the 22 is gonna do work
Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

I have a similar feeling Dunagan
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm extremely stoked for football now, and it's mostly because of Quizz.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Is it bad were more excited bout our 5th rounder than our #6 overall?
Old 05-03-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Quizz was a no brainer and I like having Jones but the defense needs alot of work. Will a def end like Edwards,Kiwanuka etc make that big of a difference vs elite offenses? Will be able to get more pressure but Qbs like Rogers. Vick will sidestep it and force our coverage to be alot better or else get burned. Those teams can throw 4 receivers of quality at the defense. Combine that with the running back(s) coming ouf of the backfield vs our linebackers do we have enough cover people.Spoon's going to be good but the other linebackers are questionable which I think is going to be a weakness the whole season.

I look for a vet to be signed for nickcel and I guess Owens/Franks will be used for the 4th receiver. A number of players are going to have to step it up on defense because other than Babs,Abe we don't have a bonafide star player that scrares offenses.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Our best defense will be our offense.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Unless the Falcon's suddlenly become the Rams of 98 or the Colts,Pats the defense will need some upgrades at olb,def end and nickel. Sure the offense looks good on paper but defense wins championships.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm tired of people saying we need a new DE and OLB like we aren't aware of this.. not a single falcons fan out there said we don't need help on D. Yes we didn't help that out in the draft cause we probably have our eye on people in free agency.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

I'm also extremely tired of the "defense wins championships" cliche. That was the 1920s version of the NFL, wake up and get in the last decade or so of the game. Defense doesn't win championships, if it did then Ravens would have a few by now.

The NFL is now a Quarterback league, with all the rules against Corners etc now, it's all about the offense. We are set up in a great position to have an absolutely bludgeoning offense that just leaves people crying after Turner, White, Gonzo, Ryan, and Jones come stomp down their door. If MM can't make it work with this offense, fire him, and fire him right now.

I along with everyone else wants a better defense, but only now that we have a potentially elite offense do I want that defense to take priority. We'll get our DE in Free Agency, at least I hope so, then Kroy can be the swing DE, and Sid can spell em, then Jamaal can come in on rush situations, or pass rush situations from the DT spot.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Is it bad were more excited bout our 5th rounder than our #6 overall?
Nah, afterall Tom brady was a 5th rounder.

What I'm tired of is everyone acting as if the defense was terrible. The falcons finished 16th in total defense so the defense is average. And that was with a bunch of mostly young, inexperienced guys and last year's #1 pick who was supposed to anchor the LB corps missing six games. Yes, they need defensive help but their situation with the defense is no where near as bad as people make it out to be.

Last edited by FTRWRTR : 05-03-2011 at 12:03 PM.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree.

And I'm not particularly worried about the LB situation. Between Lofton/Dent/Spoon/Peterson/the others we will find three who can play.

DE is the issue.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote