Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Patriots Draft

So... With the 2010 NFL Draft in the books it's time to look ahead to next years draft, where the Patriots have two selections in each of the first two rounds. SI.com has just published their first 2011 NFL mock draft, which is very premature. But I'm posting it because that Patriots draft is just insane! :D

2011 NFL Mock Draft

Post your thoughts about the 2011 NFL Draft here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That is a hell of a draft. I prefer Jones to Green, but besides that I would be thrilled. The name of the game next year is WR and DE, but Romeus is a hell of a value. Crick is a guy I have my eye on entering next year. He probably won't tear it up as much without Suh, but with a little bit of weight he's an excellent 3-4 DE canidate. Dareus is also a guy to keep an eye on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Crick next to Suh, but I'm always a bit weary of the "sidekick". It's a lot easier looking great when you play next to a player like Suh, so I'm going to look real hard at him next season. I want him to be dominating, although not at Suh's level, if we're going to select him. I like Green over Julio, but any of them will do.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt complain with green. Doesn't Jones have durability concerns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who are the best 5-tech prospects? I'm thinking we'll be in that market.

And probably OLB / pass rushers . . . how about them?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 5-tech class is going to be amazing next year. I'd say these guys are all top 15 talents, might not get drafted that way but they all have every skill you could look for in a 3-4 end

1. Cameron Heyward Ohio St.
2. Marcel Dareus Bama (Jr.)
3. Adrian Clayborn Iowa
4. Allen Bailey Miami
5. Jarret Crick Nebraska

Then you could throw in Marvin Austin (UNC) and Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson) as possibilities, they have unreal talent but 5-tech might not be there best fits.

DE/OLB has some nice prospects, not too many top guys right now but I'm sure some players will step up.

1. Robert Quinn UNC
2. Greg Romeus Pitt
3. Von Miller TAMU

5-tech and WR will be absolutely loaded next year, which is amazingly convenient.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction-

They trade Oaklands first(10-15 range) to the low to mid 20s and pick up another 2nd.
With the first of their picks, either their own or the traded pick in the 20s they take a 5 technique. I'm thinking Clayborn.
They then trade the next first into the early second and pick up a 4th.
A RB like Ingram will fall to the second as will one of the WRs(I remember seeing mocks with Benn, Williams and LaFell all in the top 20 last year)
They will take a RB and a WR in the second.
They will also trade another 2nd for a future 1st.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll still be looking for OLB's next year, and definitely RB's and OL's. Possibly WR's depending on how Tate and Price look this year.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
I think we'll still be looking for OLB's next year, and definitely RB's and OL's. Possibly WR's depending on how Tate and Price look this year.
Yeah I want a WR, but we have invested some pretty good picks on WR's the last two years in Tate and Price. There are some big talents at WR this year, but I wouldn't put it pass the staff to not take a wideout if they like the young guys. We have a lot of young depth at some positions we all see as needs, but we will see who steps up and that is what the staff is waiting for too. It is so hard to speculate what we will do come draft day, especially 360 days early haha

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-28-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate and price are not number ones though. They're number twos.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Price actually could be a top receiver, he has a lot of talent. Kind of in the Greg Jennings mold, might not be that good, but could be that type of receiver. We do have a lot of slot types though in Welker, Edelman, Tate, and if you want to say Price you could throw him in there.

I'm hoping we get Julio or Green, I think they are rare receiving prospects. I like Floyd, Baldwin, and Brown a lot too. They all have the ability to be stars in the NFL, but it's hard to speculate on where we go. I'd love to see one of those guys in a Pats uni.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-28-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I'm hoping we get Julio or Green, I think they are rare receiving prospects. I like Floyd, Baldwin, and Brown a lot too. They all have the ability to be stars in the NFL, but it's hard to speculate on where we go. I'd love to see one of those guys in a Pats uni.
Honestly, I would take any of those guys with a top ten pick and not think twice, except maybe Floyd.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 04-28-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Floyd is a great talent but I love Julio the most. Green is right behind him, he is an absolute monster. Julio doesn't have the production that some of the others have, but he is such an amazing all around talent. Bama is a run first offense anyways and Julio has a blanket over him all game, I don't know who I would compare him too. Probably Andre Johnson. I think all of those guys are can't miss prospects, this could be the best receiver class ever.

Feed Moncrief
Old 04-29-2010, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

The 1996 NFL Draft says hi.

Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Muhsin Muhammad, Amani Toomer, Jermaine Lewis, and Joe Horn (according to wiki). But still, the receiving class next does look insane.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The 1996 NFL Draft says hi.

Keyshawn Johnson, Terry Glenn, Eddie Kennison, Marvin Harrison, Eric Moulds, Bobby Engram, Terrell Owens, Muhsin Muhammad, Amani Toomer, Jermaine Lewis, and Joe Horn (according to wiki). But still, the receiving class next does look insane.
This class has every bit as much potential to be good. It's absolutely disgusting the amount of talent that's in this class, even outside of the guys mentioned. Miami's receivers, Malcolm Williams, Ronald Johnson...the list goes on. Tons of top end talent, tons of depth.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 04-29-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

IF Herzlich comes back and shows he is still a player, I would want him on the Pats so badly. Before his sickness he was literally the perfect LB prospect for us; he has the perfect size, is a good athlete, is a phenomenal pass rusher, makes plays in coverage, is versatile, is tough, and is a sure tackler who can make the big hit too. I am just hoping he gets healthy, but if he suits up again and shows he can get it done I want him on the Pats.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-04-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
IF Herzlich comes back and shows he is still a player, I would want him on the Pats so badly. Before his sickness he was literally the perfect LB prospect for us; he has the perfect size, is a good athlete, is a phenomenal pass rusher, makes plays in coverage, is versatile, is tough, and is a sure tackler who can make the big hit too. I am just hoping he gets healthy, but if he suits up again and shows he can get it done I want him on the Pats.
What do you do with Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, and McKenzie? I realize two of those guys are unproven and 1 of them is average at best, but are you really suggesting the Patriots spend a 1st round pick on a position with good depth?

I'm hoping for the same thing next year as this year: OLB, DE, WR, and RB.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
What do you do with Spikes, Mayo, Guyton, and McKenzie? I realize two of those guys are unproven and 1 of them is average at best, but are you really suggesting the Patriots spend a 1st round pick on a position with good depth?

I'm hoping for the same thing next year as this year: OLB, DE, WR, and RB.
I can't see him being more then a mid-late round pick after missing a season to cancer.
You always have the off-chance of it coming back and the side effects that the treatment causes wouldn't be highly looked upon.

Would he be an ILB only?

It's too early to see what we'll spend our early picks on.
If Pryor and Warren work out at DE, B.Tate, Edelman and Price show life and our OLine wakes up then our options are open.
OLB is still a need, RB will def be a need, a KR/PR would do wonders.
Maybe a FB? A new RT? A stud DE? A big blocking TE to replace Crumpler
I swear- we're not that far off from being great.
Our WRs are going to be the biggest question mark.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Allen Bailey and Ryan Williams.

Then give me some lotion.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I love Herzy as a Vrable type of guy in our 3-4, he has (had) a ton of versatility and talent. He can get to the QB, he is an outstanding pass rusher. He also is a playmaker in coverage. He might not be the same guy if he comes back and plays, but before he got sick he was the perfect LB prospect for us.

Feed Moncrief
Old 05-04-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Would he be an ILB only?
To be honest, I haven't seen a ton of BC games, but I always assume you take a 43 OLB and make him a 34 ILB. Most of them don't have pass rush technique or physical size to consistently be a pass rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It's too early to see what we'll spend our early picks on.
If Pryor and Warren work out at DE, B.Tate, Edelman and Price show life and our OLine wakes up then our options are open.
OLB is still a need, RB will def be a need, a KR/PR would do wonders.
Maybe a FB? A new RT? A stud DE? A big blocking TE to replace Crumpler
I swear- we're not that far off from being great.
Our WRs are going to be the biggest question mark.
I'm not giving up on the DEs yet, but my judgement says that the DE is the biggest need for NE to get younger and better at. Pryor would be a nice young player to emerge though.

I don't think Tate, Edelman, or Price are going to be #1s anytime soon. I'd LOVE to see Johnathan Baldwin in a Patriots uniform. (or AJ Green, Michael Floyd, Julio Jones).

FB? Those are kind of archiac at this point. They are nice, but you can take a TE or an OT to do it. The Patriots need an OT. They don't need a RT specifically, but it's easier to get a RT later than a LT. (Vollmer was my Patriots ROTY... so I'd be happy with either tackles). Stud DE :D! Blocking TE = Rob Gronkowski (who has good hands too).

The WRs will improve as much as Tom Brady improves. He had times where he needed to play better and times where he was way better than his WRs. This group of WRs are good enough. Is he? I hope so. I wouldn't be shocked to see Wes Welker play this year. Randy Moss will be playing for a contract. This could be a MAJOR year for the Patriots.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Before he was sick Herzy looked like he was a perfect 3-4 LB prospect, with Vrable out he was the best possible replacement. He could play outside or inside, that versatility would be huge. We don't really need an inside guy now, but I think he could be a star here on the outside. Besides, we move all of our guys all over the place anyways. If he gets healthy and shows he can still play, he will get drafted. If somehow he plays like he did as a junior, I want him on the Pats.

I know you usually don't see 4-3 OLB's translating to 3-4 OLB, but Herzy looked like he was a perfect 3-4 LB prospect as a junior. I thought he could play anywhere in either a 3-4 or 4-3, I would love to see him come back next season.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-16-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

How do you guys like OG David DeCastro from Standford? I just made a mock on another site where our two first rounds went like this:

Ryan Kerrigan
Michael Floyd
David DeCastro
Lee Ziemba

How does this look to you? I think DeCastro is a good fit for us, but I haven't seen enough of him. Does he has a real mean streak? I want offensive linemen who goes for the knockout on every play, but his talent is undeniable. I have this feeling that he'll declare if Luck does.

Quote:
Old 12-16-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

DeCastro is another nice looking center prospect but I don't see him declaring. If he does he could be in that early second round mix, there are a lot of center prospects that offer some versatility that would be great additions for us...

-Wisniewski, PSU
-O'Dowd, USC
-Pugh, Auburn
-Pouncey (maybe), UF
-DeCastro, Stanford

All of those guys will be taken in the late first to the second probably and I would love to add one.

Feed Moncrief
Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

I really don't view DeCastro as a center, but I really like his potential as a guard. I didn't even know that he could play center..

Quote: