Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-30-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm sorry, but that's absolutely absurd. Late second round I can buy if you're that concerned about the medical but he's been a terror when he's healthy and blew up guys going in the first round both in practice and in the game.

He's going have a very, very good combine combine, I can say that much. Was listed on ESPN's Freak List earlier in the year. Should run 4.6 in the 250 range and put up some ridiculous strength numbers. He power cleans 405 and squats 550. Benches 425 too. Those are last years numbers too. Should be even stronger now. Scouts have been high on this guy for a very long time and his days of going under the radar on message boards are over. If there were youtube clips available of him we would all be on his nuts.

It's also hard to "overestimate the impact of the Senior Bowl." You've seen guys like him come in and make and impact time and time again and then go in the first round. Brandon Graham, Dan Williams, Larry English, Robert Ayers, Clay Matthews, Sam Baker, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, ect ect ect. All not assured of going in the first round or even the early second and came in helped themselves tons. He was already going in the early second depending on who you talk to. He helped himself A LOT by standing up this week and looked great doing it.

Quotes;

Sports Illustrated

Walter Football
I agree with all of this and more. we have seen the patriots reach on guys they have liked in the past, have we not? reed will fall into that category.

AND the reason I mocked us Carimi is because he will be a stud RT in the NFL, and a beautiful compliment to Vollmer on the left side. Also, I was talking with ROP who was speaking to a guy who was at the senior bowl, and sweared that the patriots had talked to carimi on a few occasions. i usually take this with a grain of salt, but i can see it. now that the patriots are moving to a more two tight end set, and want to get back to physically running the ball, we are going to need physical, tough, and mauler types on the line. carimi fits the bill

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would absolutely love it if we took Carami. I have reservations about us actually doing it as he seems to be the sort of guy we pass on all the time, but it would be a good move. Certainly wouldn't have to worry about the tackle position anymore haha.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carimi would be a good pick. I think interior linemen are mid-heavy in this draft and we will likely address it in rd3-4.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much prefer to sure up the tackle position permanently than take a guard like Pouncey early.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would much prefer to sure up the tackle position permanently than take a guard like Pouncey early.
totally agree here

Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
totally agree here
Yep me too.
What do you guys think of taking Acho at 33?
He plays his balls off, and is a great pass rusher.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Yep me too.
i like him.... id pick him personally. he measured kinda small...... im just wondering if hes too small height wise for BB, we know he is crazy about that kind of stuff

Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

I liked what I saw from Acho too, but I don't think he is worth #33, if he is there at #60 or later, I can see BB taking a shot.
sportslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
Yep me too.
I think Brooks Reed is a whole ton more fluid and athletic than Acho is, although Acho isn't a slouch in the athleticism category either. If they're both there, give me Reed every single time. He's also probably too short for what we look for. Good kid and a decent prospect, but I don't think he's as clean of a transition to OLB as some people do. He had a bit of an up and down week and was a non factor in the padded practices. Good game, but he didn't help or hurt himself overall this week.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-30-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

At this point, to be honest, id happy with any type of prospect who has the potential to be a very good pass rusher. its critical we find it either through free agency or the draft ( hali <3 not happenin tho), most likely the draft

Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Tamba Hali is an animal. Word is he wants to stay in KC though :(

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy the Pats have been rumored to like (mostly in here) is Cam Jordan, he's got prototype size for the 3-4 end but dont see a lot of ability to get to the QB. I'm thinking more on the lines of Watt or Heyward.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tamba Hali is an animal. Word is he wants to stay in KC though :(
yeah he has told the media he wants to stay. i just really hope BB all this week was like dudeee we need you man. u wanna win a superbowl? u come here.... ur the missing link. thats a pretty good sales pitch lol

Old 01-30-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
One guy the Pats have been rumored to like (mostly in here) is Cam Jordan, he's got prototype size for the 3-4 end but dont see a lot of ability to get to the QB. I'm thinking more on the lines of Watt or Heyward.
I think the opposite really. Cam Jordan is going to be more of a factor as a pass rusher than Heyward, that's for sure. Probably about in the same category as Watt. Probably the most athletic five technique in the draft. Showed it in the practices this week. Wasn't a major factor in the game, but he was a nightmare to stay with because of his quickness in the Pitt.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
i think heyward is the best fit, followed by jordan then watt. either way, we would end up with a great player. if BB thinks we need a bigger pass rush from the line, then jordan or watt will be the pick. if he wants to stick with what we have done the past few years, its heyward..... but then its a complete necessity to get a great pass OLB.... either way we'd need one but itd be more necessary if we picked heyward

Old 01-30-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If L.Mankin leaves, does anybody think M.Light can slide in to OG?
Swap Vollmer to the left side and draft Camiri/Constanzo/etc as a RT

Could anyone see BB taking C.Jordan AND C.Heyward?
Heyward fits the base D perfectly while CJ could be our UT (M.Wright's spot) in our subpackage
and can rotate in our base D as nec too.
I think it's unlikely but draft day is always a shocker so I'm trying to think outside the box

Last edited by Nalej : 01-30-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
If L.Mankin leaves, does anybody think M.Light can slide in to OG?
Swap Vollmer to the left side and draft Camiri/Constanzo/etc as a RT
It's possible...but I'm wondering if we would actually do it. Wouldn't mind if we did though. Light is better playing in a phone booth at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One guy to familiarise ourselves with now is Ahmad Black. Not a massive need or anything but I have a sneaky suspicion we could take him early. And I don't mean 3rd round early. Would be perfect for the role Pat Chung played this year and allow Chung to play more of an actual safety position. I dont think Belichick will forget Blair White torching Chung this year and Black can definitely play nickel CB as a Safety

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

Just posted my 2nd mock for Post Senior Bowl in the Mock draft area.

Have us getting the following.

#17 -- Robert Quinn, LB, North Carolina
#28 -- Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
#33 -- Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
#60 -- Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona
#74 -- Ahmad Black, S, Florida
#90 -- Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
4th -- Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
5th -- Bilal Powell, RB, Louisville
6th -- Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama

May seem a little wishful with us getting Quinn, but I just couldn't find a spot for the kid. Carimi will solidify the right side of our line and out OT for the next 10 years. Wilkerson solidifies our front seven and especially up front and very well in fact, he is stout against the run and has a quick burst as a rusher. Reed adds another pass rusher who is versitle and can work on ST. Black and Brown in the 3rd add to our secondary with small, undersized guys who just flat out get it done. The next 3 picks are more depth picks. Paul is a thick, physical WR who can play for us in the slot and on the outside, may not be a deep threat but a solid bigger WR. Assuming we bring back the Law Firm to go along with Woodhead, Powell will be a great back who can carry the load na dalso be a situational guy. McElroy brings a little challenge in camp with a chance to take over for Hoyer, as I am real high on McElroy especially late.

Anyways just a new mock that I think would get our needs and is pretty realistic.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's a heck of a mock, but some of those guys will be gone earlier unfortunately.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

The only one that I think will is Quinn, but as I was going to down the board, I just kept going past teams and he wasn't the pick, just really no fit. I think if I did another mock in a few minutes I may find him a fit but for now that's what I have.

Reed and Carimi may be a little low but at the moment, I don't doubt where they are at.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think Reed and Quinn are very low there and Jalil Brown is a guy who made some serious cheese this week too. He was the best overall defensive back in Mobile.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-30-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go OT early, I'd hope we address interior line somewhere in the 3/4 range

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gabe Carimi is a guard on the Patriots OL. He's not athletic enough for tackle.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Gabe Carimi is a guard on the Patriots OL. He's not athletic enough for tackle.
Im not so sure. I think he could be a very good RT in our scheme. I think his athleticism is underrated and he has very good length and functional strength. Him and Vollmer would be a nice set of bookends IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote