Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 02-20-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of disagree about there not being enough spots for draft picks. I think there is always room for guys who can play so bring in as many as you can.

As it is Taylor and Morris may not be back, Faulk may not be back, they could lose Light and/or Neal, you have room for improvement in the DB's with Arrington, Wilhite, and maybe Butler. Slater's nothing more than a special teamer. And they could sure stand an upgrade over TBC. Those are just off the top of my head. Add in players who will end up on IR and I think there are plenty of roster spots for draft picks to compete for.

I guess I've just always been a believer in having as many draft picks as you can get. Let them compete and if they don't make it then you haven't lost anything. Better to do that than to trade picks away just because you decide ahead of time that they have no shot at making the team. The other side of that is if during the draft you get into the mid to later rounds and the guys you see available just aren't what you're looking for, then sure go ahead and trade those for future picks.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's room on the roster. I'm pretty convinced we're going to see at least on surprising cut this offseason, if not more.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*coughmattlightcough*

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*coughTyWarrencough*

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
*coughTyWarrencough*
I would punt a baby if this were to happen.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm calling it now. Not saying we do it for sure, but it well could happen. Reasoning;

-He's over 30. We despise players over 30.

-He's been fighting through injuries for a few years now.

-His level of play hasn't been the same the past two healthy years as it was earlier in his career.

I think it would be a bad move, but a hip injury really isn't something you just recover from instantly and he doesn't appear to be aging well health wise.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In case anyone is curious, we have the 4th best value in the draft according to the heavily biased and completely worthless Jimmy Johnson DVC. But it does give you a raw idea of the value some teams have in the draft.

Here is the total rankings (I churned them in Excel):

1. Broncos
2. Panthers
3. Bills
4. Patriots
5. Bengals
6. Cardinals
7. Browns
8. 49ers
9. Titans
10. Cowboys
11. Texans
12. Lions
13. Chargers
14. Redskins
15. Rams
16. Vikings
17. Jaguars
18. Bucs
19. Giants
20. Eagles
21. Saints
22. Chiefs
23. Colts

24. Dolphins
25. Seahawks
26. Ravens
27. Falcons
28. Bears
29. Steelers
30. Packers
31. Jets

32. Raiders

If you are wondering what it would take to get the #1 value, we would need the equivalent of the 17th overall pick.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't get what this list shows. Value of players in the draft compared to the draft position of each team?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I honestly don't get what this list shows. Value of players in the draft compared to the draft position of each team?
The value each team has in the draft.

We have the fourth highest value, or if everyone traded so that they had only 7 picks, the Patriots would be picking 4th overall.

edit: It just shows how strong each teams potential is after the trades are made.

Last edited by descendency : 02-22-2011 at 03:09 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ahhh... got it.... thanks...

Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
In case anyone is curious, we have the 4th best value in the draft according to the heavily biased and completely worthless Jimmy Johnson DVC. But it does give you a raw idea of the value some teams have in the draft.

Here is the total rankings (I churned them in Excel):

1. Broncos
2. Panthers
3. Bills
4. Patriots
5. Bengals
6. Cardinals
7. Browns
8. 49ers
9. Titans
10. Cowboys
11. Texans
12. Lions
13. Chargers
14. Redskins
15. Rams
16. Vikings
17. Jaguars
18. Bucs
19. Giants
20. Eagles
21. Saints
22. Chiefs
23. Colts

24. Dolphins
25. Seahawks
26. Ravens
27. Falcons
28. Bears
29. Steelers
30. Packers
31. Jets

32. Raiders

If you are wondering what it would take to get the #1 value, we would need the equivalent of the 17th overall pick.
Very nice work, +rep. Nice to see that the Jets have no trade value this year.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

updated my mock in my sig..... def not my favorite, but unfortunately i think its pretty realistic

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

RK makes it a win in my book.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys think running back that early is a possibility?
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Reuter
"Carimi, when asked about teams he's talked to..."I can't comment on the Patriots". That's a Belichick guy!"

Haha, this made me lol. Looks like he could be our guy at 28 if we decide to go OT.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That's interesting. I like Carimi a lot, but I'm not sure he's a good system fit.

Stefen Wisniewski apparently came in at 6'3" 313. Bigger than expected. If he tests strong, he might be back in play for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-24-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm waiting for his bench press numbers as well. I've been totally off his band wagon for the last few weeks. I want a guard, but he has to be a) big, b) strong and c) nasty. I like Pouncey's measurables better actually, looks more like a Patriot to me. BB and Scar tend to like "smaller" players wrt. weight in order to get athletic players on the OL. Pouncey just seems like a better pick right now, but if Wis could play center he's definetely an interesting guy for us.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carimi is my favorite OL in this draft. It's hard to project OL's whether or not they fit on the Pats.. at least for me. But hey if you're just looking for a big RT to plow through people he can do that. I happen to think he has very good mobility for a guy that size, and I think he could play LT as well. There were also reports that he looked pretty good playing guard at the Senior Bowl.

I like both Wisnewski and Pouncey. My opinion is that Wisnewski is a better center than guard, and Pouncey is a better guard than center. That probably would make Pouncey a better choice, but I'd be happy if the Pats could get either one of them.
TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Andy Hart is reporting that Marcus Gilbert is meeting with the Patriots tonight. Woo-*******-hoo!!!

Gilbert is by far my favorite OT in the draft (for the Patriots). I don't care where we pick him as long as he's a Patriot.

Quote:
Old 02-25-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I like Gilbert. I like Carimi (at Guard... because his feet suck).
Old 02-27-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mike reiss actually has some pretty good stuff on ESPNBoston.com and the combine and draft. he is giving a lot of love with the connections with the patriots and cam jordan/cam heyward. i think those two may be our top two targets at 17, as of right now

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been able to watch much of the combine, but you better believe I will be watching the defensive linemen and linebackers tomorrow. Here is how I would "big board" rank those two positions for us right now:

DE
1. Nick Fairley (round 1)
2. Marcel Dareus (1)
3. Cameron Jordan (1)
4. Cameron Heyward (1)
5. JJ Watt (1)
6. Muhammed Wilkerson (1-2)
7. Adrian Clayborn (2)
8. Allen Bailey (2)
9. Christian Ballard (2-3)
10. Corey Liuget (2-3)

OLB
1. Robert Quinn (1)
2. Aldon Smith (1)
3. Ryan Kerrigan (1)
4. Da'Quan Bowers (1)
5. Von Miller (1)
6. Justin Houston (1-2)
7. Brooks Reed (1-2)
8. Akeem Ayers (1-2)
9. Jeremy Beal (2)
10. Sam Acho (2)
11. Dontay Moch (2)
12. Jabaal Sheard (2-3)

We need to cash in on these positions this year. Although I am not fans of some of these guys in our defense (Clayborn, Liuget, Ayers amongst others) talent is at a premium at DE and OLB and we really need help at those positions now and for the future.

Guys who could put on a show tomorrow:

-Aldon Smith, might be my favorite OLB prospect for us.
-Quinn, he should set the combine on fire. However; guys like Quinn, Fairley, Dareus, Bowers, and Von Miller should be gone by the time we pick barring a trade up. Cam Jordan could also possibly be added to that list.
-Moch, self explanatory. Still can't see him playing here.
-Ayers, looks like Tarzan plays like Jane guy but he does have some intriguing talent.
-Von Miller, is an amazing athlete. A lot of people don't see him as a 3-4 fit but I think he could definitely do it.
-Wilkerson, is a small school relative unknown but has some talent and looks like a potential fit here.
-Brooks Reed, a freak of nature who could get first round talk after tomorrow.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the DL showed out, I really want Aldon Smith. I like a lot of these DL and LB's.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Great post man.

My guy Brooks Reed just put up a 4.67. I expected a little bit faster, but it's not out of the question for him to run better the second time. Still, at his size that's impressive.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Well the DL showed out, I really want Aldon Smith. I like a lot of these DL and LB's.
Yeah, me too.. I changed my sig a few days ago, I'm starting to doubt Kerrigan as an OLB. The more I see of him I see stiff hips and mediocre change of direction ability. I still like him, don't get me wrong. But Smith and especially Quinn has what it takes to be a special 3-4 OLB in any scheme. Getting one of them would be great what ever the cost (almost).

Quote: