Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-09-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stroud is at the end of his days. I doubt they expect anything out of him. The Stroud signing has zero implications on the draft or anyone else on the rosters. I like Bailey. He's an interesting player. He could play almost anywhere from Nickel/Dime NT to 3-4 OLB for the Pats with the right development.

Last edited by nepg : 03-09-2011 at 12:41 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I don't think anyone saw cunningham coming, but I think it was obvious we were going after an athletic DE with good character. After you go back and watch film, it is kind of obvious - actually.

That said, hindsight is 20/20.
I had the Pats taking him in round 3 and was talking him up before the draft rating better than Dunlap, I was excited to see him get picked though a round off, I would call it the BB factor.

I can see a tackle early because after Sherrod(who the Pats talked to, forgive me for not remembering the site) the tackles become very questionable. I can see Castonzo cause of his location, smarts, and resume but he scares me a little. I like Carimi at 28 because he can start instintly at RG because I do believe Matt Light will be back.

I don't think Gilbert or Carpenter will be Pats, they don't fit what they look for

I position nobody is talking about is slot corner/FS

Merriweather and Sanders are FA's and I am willing to bet this will be the last season for Merriweather, he freestyles way to much for their liking and he will price his way out, me personally I think he is extremely talented and I hope they do bring him back but I doubt it.

Dowling and Gilchrist seem to me that they can be looked at in round 3.

Thoughts?
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

spoke to soon

per rotoworld

Quote:
A story surfaced on Deadspin.com early Thursday claiming that a Florida lawyer for two gunshot victims is accusing Patriots S Brandon Meriweather of shooting the men outside a house party on February 27.
We're packing it in for the night, and must be clear: This story is totally unconfirmed. Whether or not it's true, it's probably going to be big news on Thursday. According to attorney John Morgan, Meriweather's friend beat up a woman, and things escalated into a brawl when the woman's brother arrived at the party. Meriweather is accused of pulling a gun, and shooting the brother and another man. The brother was "grazed," and the other man was hit in the head. No arrests have been made. We'll have more around 8:30AM ET.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:13 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If any truth to this, release the piece of trash. What a tool.
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:26 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Bengals will beg us to trade him to them.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe we'll get lucky and the Bengals will beg us to trade him to them.
Yeah I'd trade him to the Bengals for the 4th overall pick and Leon Hall

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:37 AM    (permalink
BradysKnee
Pro Bowler

BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BradysKnee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah I'd trade him to the Bengals for the 4th overall pick and Leon Hall
BB: Hey you guys want our playmaking safety, Meriweather for I dunno... #4 and Leon hall?
ML: Hmmm...
BB: It's a good deal, you should take it.
ML: Ok, but we want a 7th rounder too.
BB: Well, ok, I'll give it up.
ML: Sucker....
At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy
BradysKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradysKnee View Post
BB: Hey you guys want our playmaking safety, Meriweather for I dunno... #4 and Leon hall?
ML: Hmmm...
BB: It's a good deal, you should take it.
ML: Ok, but we want a 7th rounder too.
BB: Well, ok, I'll give it up.
ML: Sucker....
We don't have a 7th :(
Old 03-10-2011, 07:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We don't have a 7th :(
2012 7th!!! Let's make it happen

Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

To go back a few posts and support my theory even more that Cam Jordan could play elephant for us this is from NFL.com under the pro day blogs

Quote:
There’s a hybrid, and then there’s California’s Cameron Jordan who might be asked to go the extra mile.

The Golden Bears’ defensive end had his talents on full display at the school’s pro day on Wednesday in front of 30 scouts from 15 NFL teams. He was even asked to do something he rarely does.

Somebody got the wild idea of having Jordan drop in coverage, in addition to his regular position drills. He’s a good prospect, but how in the world can you get a 286-pound defensive end to cover anybody? Maybe he is that good, though.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

It's kind of sad, but even when he shoots a gun... the bullets take bad angles.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
2012 7th!!! Let's make it happen
We don't have a 2012 7th either.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
We don't have a 2012 7th either.
God damn it!!! We gotta make this happen somehow

Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Maybe someone will give us a 7th for Matthew Slater?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Cameron Jordan as an OLB talk is some of the most ridiculous nonsense I have ever heard. The guy sure has the hype machine going though. He wasn't a great player in college. Now he's not only a top 10 pick but he's going to play both DL and OLB?

First off, he'd have to lose 17 pounds just to get down to Willie McGinest's weight, and Willie was a huge dude. If he loses all that weight and gets down to 270, then he pretty much can't be used on the DL any more. Certainly not in the base defense. Personally I think he's already kind of small for the Pats base 3-4 defense anyway.

And secondly, what makes anybody think he could even make that kind of transition. 250 pound college DE's have a hard enough time converting to OLB. So why should we think Jordan can do it?

It just doesn't make sense to me. You'd be wasting Jordan's talent as a D-Lineman to basically conduct an experiment with him at a new position. If they want an OLB they should just draft an OLB. Or at least take a college DE that is the right size and has enough athleticism to project well to OLB like Kerrigan or Smith or Reed.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Or just include Slater in the deal to the Bengals. That works for me.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-10-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so

much

win

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would we trade him? He's one of our best special teams players, and can fill in during emergency situations on both sides of the ball.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to descendency again.
ten charrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Why would we trade him? He's one of our best special teams players, and can fill in during emergency situations on both sides of the ball.
Specialist can always be found.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Specialist can always be found.
Why would we trade one of the best special teams players in the league for a 7th round pick though? What are we getting out of that? A mediocre special teams player? Slater saves us a lot of roster spots by acting as a member of every special teams unit and an emergency WR/FS/KR. I wouldn't trade him for a fourth rounder.

By the way guys, I just posted a new big board in the Draft section, it's not really related to the Patriots any more than usual but I thought some of you might want to check it out:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46198
Old 03-10-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Why would we trade one of the best special teams players in the league for a 7th round pick though? What are we getting out of that? A mediocre special teams player? Slater saves us a lot of roster spots by acting as a member of every special teams unit and an emergency WR/FS/KR. I wouldn't trade him for a fourth rounder.

By the way guys, I just posted a new big board in the Draft section, it's not really related to the Patriots any more than usual but I thought some of you might want to check it out:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46198

ROP, read back a bit. We weren't seriously discussing trading Slater (although I would do it in a heartbeat, he's not one of the best ST'ers in the league, ST specialists are a dime a dozen, and I don't ever want to see him on offense or defense).

Anyhoo, it was all part of the not-so-serious discussion of trading Meriweather to the Bengals and the Bengals wanting a 7th rounder in return and since we don't have a 7th we were using Slater to get one in this purely hypothetical and silly discussion.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-10-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The minister approves of the silly.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't miss Slater. He was suppose to be a ballin' KR when he came out and he's done nothing but disappoint.
Kelly Washington was a much beter ST'er. I was actually sad seeing him go.

I can def see us taking a S early now.
I thought it was a possibility before but now with the Merriweather accusations, I think the odds have gone WAY up

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I wouldn't miss Slater. He was suppose to be a ballin' KR when he came out and he's done nothing but disappoint.
Kelly Washington was a much beter ST'er. I was actually sad seeing him go.

I can def see us taking a S early now.
I thought it was a possibility before but now with the Merriweather accusations, I think the odds have gone WAY up
That was my first reaction when I read the news. All of a sudden Rahim Moore looked like an intruiging option at 33, maybe even at 60 if the rumors are true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote