Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What rumors exactly?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
What rumors exactly?
That many teams consider Moore a third rounder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slater wasn't ever really supposed to be an elite returner, he was just an all-around special teamer coming out. He had some returning abilities but he was known to be an excellent coverage teams guy and he really is.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm personally a big fan of Deandre McDaniel.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniel isn't really a guy we need. He is more of an in-the-box type and isn't anything special in coverage, which isn't what we need considering what we have with Chung, Sanders, McGowan, and Page. If Meriweather is gone then safety could be a need but I don't think McDaniel is the guy, he has some character issues as well.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His character issues are long in the past and I disagree about him being an "in the box" safety.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always said we had 1 too many safeties anyways.

Chung + Sanders are starter quality.

McGowan and that kid we got from Denver (who went on IR) and Sergio Brown... that's 5 safeties, plus a few other P/S players.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

McGowan and that kid we got from Denver (who went on IR) and Sergio Brown... that's 5 safeties, plus a few other P/S players.
And possibly Butler...
Old 03-10-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Josh Barrett...... I assume thats whom you are talking about.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
And possibly Butler...
Haha the only way Butler could perform worse is if we stuck him at safety.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNPatsFan View Post
His character issues are long in the past and I disagree about him being an "in the box" safety.
Regardless of what McDaniel is or isn't like now, Robert Kraft will probably never let us draft someone who did what he did.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Haha the only way Butler could perform worse is if we stuck him at safety.
At least we aren't sticking him at DE like we did with Arrington.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least we aren't sticking him at DE like we did with Arrington.
Best 180lb edge rusher in the leaguezzz!

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Sanders is ok but I think we could do better. One thing to remember is he is going in to the last year of his contract and he's on the expensive side so it's no sure thing he'll be back after this year. I really don't think the Pats will draft a safety this year, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them do if they are looking at it as a future need.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-11-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not exactly a stellar S crop this year. With our other needs and the relative lack of top talent, I'd think S can wait and Sanders / McGowan / Page / etc. can play this year if Meri is dumped (or in prison.)

The value is just awesome for our needs with the picks we have right now. Especially w/Mallett / Locker / Ponder as trade bait at 28 & 33.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
Josh Barrett...... I assume thats whom you are talking about.
Yea. I was just tired and I couldn't think of his name.

While Meriweather is probably our second best coverage safety (when he's not "play making"), he definitely isn't irreplacable.

I don't think James Sanders will get a huge pay day that everyone else seems to think.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm seeing more and more about Martez Wilson being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Do you think he could do that? And if so, would he be on the Patriots' radar? If nothing else he does have the measurables and athleticism that BB looks for.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm seeing more and more about Martez Wilson being looked at as a 3-4 OLB. Do you think he could do that? And if so, would he be on the Patriots' radar? If nothing else he does have the measurables and athleticism that BB looks for.
Martez is intriguing from a versatility perspective, and like you said he has the prerequisite size and athleticism. He can play defensive end in the sub package, and outside or inside in the base defense. In college, it seemed like he was mostly rushing the passer, whether lined up outside or rushing from the inside on a stunt/twist. Concerns would be possibly intelligence (look up an interview with him on Youtube and see for yourself), ability to diagnose plays quickly, and I read somewhere that he's not flexible. In New England, I think we'd give him the Adalius Thomas role, but if he can't turn and run with tight ends, or we don't think he's smart enough to handle his responsibilities, we'd pass. I think there are safer picks to make but he would certainly be interesting.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

The only interview I've heard from him was the one on Scott's podcast and I wasn't impressed at all. So yeah, intelligence could be an issue. I was pretty impressed with his pass rushing skills when I saw him, but I wasn't sure if he could play 3-4 OLB. With some coaching he could be good, but I also have questions about toughness. Toughness and intelligence is important to me. I don't think he will have problems with covering TEs though... I need to see more of him, I just don't have the time which is why I asked. Always nice to get some input from fellow Pats fans.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/...html#more-8454

How would this make you guys feel if the draft played out like this?

Wilkerson, Carimi, Martez Wilson, Clint Boling, Shane Vereen and Ricky Stanzi for the first 3 rounds. Sounds like we get two quality starters on the OL and one at DE. Not sure if we need to go backup QB that early and don't know a lot about Wilson...
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I woudn't be too upset.
I don't like Wilson in our system and think Vereen and Stanzi are too early for us though
If we swapped out Wilson for a different OLB, meaning OL/DL/OLB are all adressed, I wouldn't mind grabbing a QB and a QB but I'm content with Hoyer honestly

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/...html#more-8454

How would this make you guys feel if the draft played out like this?

Wilkerson, Carimi, Martez Wilson, Clint Boling, Shane Vereen and Ricky Stanzi for the first 3 rounds. Sounds like we get two quality starters on the OL and one at DE. Not sure if we need to go backup QB that early and don't know a lot about Wilson...
I like Wilkerson, Boling, and Vereen. I don't see Carimi as a great fit - heavy legged waist bender. Martez seems to fit but intelligence may cause us to pass on him. Going with Stanzi that early would be a wasted pick on someone who will (hopefully) never see the field.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

What do you guys think of this list of guys who don't fit in New England?

RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas St. - character/intelligence issues, runs way too high, horrible ball security

RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech* - sophomore, durability/toughness, lack of production

WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh* - threw coaches/teammates under the bus, arrested, takes plays off, lack of passion?

OT Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian - no mean streak, questions of whether he loves the game or not, where does he fit?

OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - lack of flexibility, poor kick slide, more of an inline blocker (Pats use ZBS)

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - lack of ideal size for two-gap end, arrested, not athletic enough to play OLB

LB Brooks Reed, Arizona - workout warrior who was outproduced in college by a late round prospect, can't shed blocks, questionable instincts

CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado - does he want to be a celebrity or football player, character issues, Patriots never draft tall CBs
Old 03-13-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
What do you guys think of this list of guys who don't fit in New England?

RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas St. - character/intelligence issues, runs way too high, horrible ball security. His official H/W revealed he is not as big as everyone thought. A former QB, not that experienced at the position. Despite his size, not a pounder that can convert consistently on short yardage. I'd probably only take him in the mid rounds.

RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech* - sophomore, durability/toughness, lack of production. I really like(d) Williams and had him high on my board until I heard/read him admit he stinks at pass protection.

WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh* - threw coaches/teammates under the bus, arrested, takes plays off, lack of passion? One year of production, then didn't look very good at all this past season. Not really interested in this guy much at all.

OT Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian - no mean streak, questions of whether he loves the game or not, where does he fit? I don't know a lot about him, but coming in to the league at 350 plus, I would be very wary. Not sure what position he would play.

OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - lack of flexibility, poor kick slide, more of an inline blocker (Pats use ZBS). I'm a big fan of Carimi and I think he's the best OL in this draft. I think he could start at RT from day one. He could even play guard, though at 6'7 that's probably not ideally what you want on the interior. I concede there are better fits for the Pats scheme-wise, but I would be happy if they got Carimi.

DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - lack of ideal size for two-gap end, arrested, not athletic enough to play OLB. I'm a bigger fan of Clayborn than most, but his size is a big concern and the question is he flexibile enough to move around on the line? Or is he strictly a RDE? Or can he play DE in the 3-4 base at all? I wouldn't hate the pick if they took him, but I don't think they will.

LB Brooks Reed, Arizona - workout warrior who was outproduced in college by a late round prospect, can't shed blocks, questionable instincts. I like Reed but I think he is getting way overrated lately. He's a third round pick in my opinion.

CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado - does he want to be a celebrity or football player, character issues, Patriots never draft tall CBs. Don't know a lot about him. I don't personally like these attitude guys that think they are the best before they have even set foot on the field. And it has been pointed out in the past that the Pats really dont prefer tall corners because they don't believe they can move well enough in their defense.
Some interesting players there. My thoughts in blue.

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-14-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
RWills
Veteran

RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RWills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know a lot of you are high on Marcus Gilbert as well, I also don't think he fits the Pats, soft body says to me he will be overweight in the NFL, huge question about his intelligence, if there is one thing that all the lineman have in-common is that they have high IQ, and good feet and hands.
3. TE - Ben Koyak - Notre Dame
4. LB - AJ Johnson - Tennessee
5. DE - Anthony Chickillo - Miami
6. WR - Tyler Lockett - Kansas State
7. TE - Clive Walford - Miami
RWills is offline   Reply With Quote