Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbert might be an OG for the Pats.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
What do you guys think of this list of guys who don't fit in New England?

RB Daniel Thomas, Kansas St. - character/intelligence issues, runs way too high, horrible ball security
Not worth the pick, in my opinion. Runs like a QB. pass.

Quote:
RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech* - sophomore, durability/toughness, lack of production
I know lots will disagree, but I have his team-mate as the better player. Darren Evans > Ryan Williams and Evans is going from 4-FA. So, yea.

Quote:
WR Jon Baldwin, Pittsburgh* - threw coaches/teammates under the bus, arrested, takes plays off, lack of passion?
This guy could be TO in all respects. He has a huge chip on his shoulder with elite talent. The real problem I have is that he may become a locker-room cancer. I can completely understand calling out his team-mates. His QB is ****. His coach is incompetent. He's a better player than what he showed at Pitt, but I don't know if it's worth the risk.

Quote:
OT Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian - no mean streak, questions of whether he loves the game or not, where does he fit?
He's a guard. His weight isn't problem, because he carries it well. He's even slimmed down a touch since weigh in a 350 pounds at the combine. He just needs a mean streak - he could be special.

Quote:
OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - lack of flexibility, poor kick slide, more of an inline blocker (Pats use ZBS)
Guard, maybe a RT. I see a RT at best. If Belichick feels he can play guard and tackle, then I could see him being pick #28, but I don't see a LT at all.

Quote:
DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - lack of ideal size for two-gap end, arrested, not athletic enough to play OLB
Pass.

Quote:
LB Brooks Reed, Arizona - workout warrior who was outproduced in college by a late round prospect, can't shed blocks, questionable instincts
I think he can be coached quite a bit. He's worth a look. I hate Texas (soft bitches) players but Sam Acho could be the guy everyone is overlooking in this draft. I'd rather have Acho at 60 than Brooks Reed at 28.

Quote:
CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado - does he want to be a celebrity or football player, character issues, Patriots never draft tall CBs
Jimmy Smith is probably not a good fit for the scheme, but I can see a special player. His head is screwed up though. Avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Gilbert might be an OG for the Pats.
I think he's a player who could play RT which basically means you can play LG and RG. In this day, a RT is a LG with better athleticism and feet.

Last edited by descendency : 03-14-2011 at 12:47 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone have the latest on the who the patriots have visited with or worked out?

- apparently BB was the only NFL head coach who went to the Florida pro day. hahah maddd funny.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
anyone have the latest on the who the patriots have visited with or worked out?

- apparently BB was the only NFL head coach who went to the Florida pro day. hahah maddd funny.
Not surprising however haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110315_source_patriots_worked_out_maryland_wr_to rrey_smith

Torrey Smith worked out for us or we worked him out however that works
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110315_source_patriots_worked_out_maryland_wr_to rrey_smith

Torrey Smith worked out for us or we worked him out however that works
gulp. ill be extremely angry if we draft him in the first round. i prolly wouldnt watch the rest of the draft if that happened. Please Bill, stick with the trenches and we will be all set!

Old 03-16-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a nice interview. Seems like a decent kid. I am divided on Torrey. If the Pats draft a WR high I'd rather they just trade up for Julio. Either that or take Hankerson. But I don't think they need to do that, and honestly I doubt they will take a WR very early in this draft. As for Smith himself, he's got good play making ability, but he catches with his body so much, that's a concern. Really don't like that.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

TNPatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TNPatsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats pulpit has a list of who they worked out. Not sure how accurate it is or how often they update it.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/3/15/...t-updated-3-15

And you can add Pouncey to the list as they worked him out yesterday, not surprisingly.

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Old 03-16-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not too worried about Torrey Smith in the first. He's likely to be a second round target - though I'd rather pass on him for Hankerson, same as TN.

A shifty, fast, middle-crossing WR with KR skills . . . just doesn't seem like a big need for us, even if he has the "home-run" ability every team covets.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're on the topic of WRs . . .

Can somebody explain to me why Hankerson's stock isn't rising significantly? He's still projected / mocked as a late second round WR (at best) despite seemingly doing everything right.

He dominated the Senior Bowl. Then he proceeded to blow up the combine, especially with his 40 that should silence the "doesn't have deep speed" criticism.

I don't understand how he doesn't get at least a 20 pick bump up the boards based on those results. It kind of reminds me of Graham last year - he was projected as a late first value b/c of various questions. He cleared up those questions and was drafted much higher than expected. I see Hankerson as a kid who jumps to the early second based on attributes / results / production. His senior & team captain status make me think he'll be on BBs radar in round 2.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
While we're on the topic of WRs . . .

Can somebody explain to me why Hankerson's stock isn't rising significantly? He's still projected / mocked as a late second round WR (at best) despite seemingly doing everything right.

He dominated the Senior Bowl. Then he proceeded to blow up the combine, especially with his 40 that should silence the "doesn't have deep speed" criticism.

I don't understand how he doesn't get at least a 20 pick bump up the boards based on those results. It kind of reminds me of Graham last year - he was projected as a late first value b/c of various questions. He cleared up those questions and was drafted much higher than expected. I see Hankerson as a kid who jumps to the early second based on attributes / results / production. His senior & team captain status make me think he'll be on BBs radar in round 2.
i really like him too and am not quite sure why people are still mocking him there. i see him being an early 2nd round pick. i guess some people dont "love" his hands.... apparently he had a few drops during the senior bowl week at practice... i think something like 4 drops at the combine.... that would be my only reasoning. i love the guy tho

Old 03-16-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

The depth at WR hurts him, too, I guess. I still don't see him making it past pick 43 - especially with Cincy / Denver / Cleveland / Washington / Minnesota from 35 to 43. He has too many solid attributes with the major knocks being put to rest.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think the film justifies Hankerson going in the first round. He had a real strong Senior Bowl showing, but he also showed off his limitations. He drops a lot of balls and has major lapses in concentration. Ran much better than expected, but he doesn't play up to that speed. I really wouldn't mind taking him at the end of the first, but Torrey Smith is a significant upgrade both in terms of hands and talent and if we were going to go WR, I would prefer going in that direction if everything else was created equally.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

It's so hard to trust Maryland players, though.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He passes the eyeball test in ways that DHB never did for me(although I loved DHB too, just not his hands). He looks natural catching the ball as opposed to DHB(or Brandon Tate for that matter who some have said he compares to). That's what sets him apart from the other toolsy second tier receivers.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He passes the eyeball test in ways that DHB never did for me(although I loved DHB too, just not his hands). He looks natural catching the ball as opposed to DHB(or Brandon Tate for that matter who some have said he compares to). That's what sets him apart from the other toolsy second tier receivers.
It's not just DHB, though. It seems like most Terps come out pretty highly touted and go the route of DHB / Vernon Davis - underachievers.

I think the 33rd pick has too much value to not be traded. Looking at the board in the second shows too many teams needing a QB. It starts with Buffalo @ 34. If the Bills don't take a QB at 3 (which I think they should not do based on QB value) then all the teams below them would look to jump up over them.

34. Buffalo Bills
35. Cincinnati Bengals
38. Arizona Cardinals
39. Tennessee Titans
41. Washington Redskins
43. Minnesota Vikings

San Fran and Jax aren't far behind, either.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I wouldn't exactly call Vernon Davis an underachiever. He's been the best tight end in the NFL for two years now. As for other Maryland Super Athletes; just ask Ravens fans about Jared Gaither. Played like a top five LT before being pushed out for Michael Oher/disputes with the organization. Not a death sentence by any means, unless you just suck at football like Bruce Campbell.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-16-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The major knock on Hankerson is focus and hands. He dropped quite a few passes at the combine and combined with his drops in college some teams are going to be a little wary. I would be glad to trade down and take him in the 40s depending on how the board falls though.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hank has worked a lot on his hands. Imo he has much better hans than Smith (who has tiny hands iirc). People tend to focus on bad things, which I get, but his hands wasn't really a problem in 2010.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It was though. Size doesn't really have anything to do with it if you just plain can't concentrate and catch. Braylon Edwards has huge hands if I remember correctly and Wes Welker's are probably well below average. Who do you trust more to pull a ball in? Hankerson improved this year, but it's still a major issue for him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 03-20-2011, 03:29 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

johnny patrick.... private workout wit the pats

Old 03-21-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Size doesn't really have anything to do with it if you just plain can't concentrate and catch.
I agree with what you are saying, but then you have guys like Hakeem Nicks who when he gets his hands on the ball, you can't break it out. He has massive strong hands that would be amazing to have in NE.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

patriots have a visit lined up with aldon smith

Old 03-24-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Anyone have a feeling about Sam Acho? The more I see him the more I think he belongs in tier 1 instead of tier 2. If he had a better burst, I could see him being a top 15 pick.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TNPatsFan
Veteran

I do have a feeling that Acho is high on BB's target list and could become a Patriot in round 2. Just seems like the kind of guy BB looks for.

3 Anyone but Wolfe