Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 01-25-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Kerrigan would be the perfect pick at 17 unless a guy like Jordan, Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, or Bowers somehow fell. Cam Heyward is getting pushed back with all of these guys rising and I'd bet he will be there at 17 if Kerrigan is gone, but there certainly will be at least one very good 5-tech prospect around at 33 and perhaps an "elite" one at 17.
Fairley, Bowers and Dareus wont be there but Quinn could be. Question is do you want to take a guy who has sat out a season or a pretty sure thing in Kerrigan. You didnt mention Watt and he would really put them in a pickle if he's there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Question is do you want to take a guy who has sat out a season or a pretty sure thing in Kerrigan.
If the Patriots pass on Quinn, it won't be because he sat out a year. It will be because of why he had to sit out - something that shows a real lack of team dedication and wreaks of the wrong personality type for this team.

Kerrigan scares me as a guy who could come in and compete for a while, until people figure him out. I always wonder when over-achievers will fall on their face.

JJ Watt is a 6 Tech in my eyes after watching some stuff (6tech = 43 DE). I see a really good first step with solid pass rushing moves and a high motor. I'd definitely take him in the middle of the first if I am a 43 team.

edit: Right now, my top 5 5techs are:
Marcel Dareus
Cameron Jordan
Cameron Heyward
Christian Ballard
Allen Bailey (I guess...)

Last edited by descendency : 01-25-2011 at 08:09 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

If the Patriots pass on Quinn, I'd be ticked. I have been ticked in past drafts when BB passes on a guy I want and for the most part it works out quite alright, but I think clearly Quinn is the best at the 3-4 OLB position at the biggest area of need and if he is sitting there when BB is picking, and is passed on, I will seriously have to sit and think whether my idea of the team needs are off (likely) or BB doesn't have a clue (less likely).

I have had Quinn tabbed as the best 3-4 OLB for a while and a guy I have wanted the Pats to draft for a while, so if he is there at #17 or even needed to trade up for, I hope the Pats do it.
sportslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Kerrigan is an overachiever at all. This isn't some scrappy lunch pail guy we're talking about. He's technically sound and in shape, but those are hardly marks against him. He has a chance to run 4.7 or high 4.6 at 255 and 6'4. That's not a below average athlete we're talking about. He straight up ran around Nate Solder once when Solder got off the line fine.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Dont know much Acho... but Sheard would be sexy at the end of 2nd
i was thinking acho for a while but he measured in small at 6'1 3/4..... might be too small for BB

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He straight up ran around Nate Solder once when Solder got off the line fine.
This is what bothers me. Day 1 he was able to get around Solder with some "ease". Day 2 Solder had a much better day against him.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
This is what bothers me. Day 1 he was able to get around Solder with some "ease". Day 2 Solder had a much better day against him.
He damn well should. He's a top fifteen pick in his own right. Kerrigan did not look bad or limited athletically at all at any point during drills. I would venture to say he was probably the best athlete and in the best shape out of all the defensive ends there even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Just a heads up; we're on Ahmad Black's nuts. If we do something like stupid like draft him in the first round, that's likely it for me guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha... you say that now... but once he has seven picks and makes the pro bowl as a rookie... you'll be fine and so will I.
I'll admit though... I'll rip all my hair out if it happens though
(I wouldn't mind it at all if we drafted him only AFTER we traded away a safety... Meriweather? ... first)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
haha... you say that now... but once he has seven picks and makes the pro bowl as a rookie... you'll be fine and so will I.
I'll admit though... I'll rip all my hair out if it happens though
(I wouldn't mind it at all if we drafted him only AFTER we traded away a safety... Meriweather? ... first)
No!!! Lol I have a new dream draft. Trade Brandon Merriweather and #28 with St Louis and take Cameron Jordan. Draft Ryan Kerrigan with #17. Draft Mike Pouncey with #33 and Kris O'Dowd with #60. Then if Black's there in the 3rd, sure I wouldn't mind if we took him.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I think that's more of a commendation - or, rather, a non-condemnation of Solder. I would have had a serious problem with an OT that wouldn't make an adjustment after getting ripped like that. I think it's on the Prince of Blades to come back with something new the next time, though.

I wouldn't be against Black in the 2nd. I like him a lot and would play the Meriweather role well.

Last edited by nepg : 01-26-2011 at 12:09 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I think that's more of a commendation - or, rather, a non-condemnation of Solder. I would have had a serious problem with an OT that wouldn't make an adjustment after getting ripped like that. I think it's on the Prince of Blades to come back with something new the next time, though.
He ran by him a few times this week and one time put one of the dirtier up and under moves you'll ever see. Kerrigan won the battle for sure, but not by a whole lot. If Solder got the initial punch it was over because he can mirror so well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

black would be a great addition to the team in the third round

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

In the third sure. But BB gets funny ideas with two things;

1: Defensive backs
2: Florida Gators

Expect overdrafting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
In the third sure. But BB gets funny ideas with two things;

1: Defensive backs
2: Florida Gators

Expect overdrafting.
Not complaining with either after the 2010 draft. And Black is a major talent who underachieved in 2009, but had a huge season in 2010. The dude is a legit 2nd round prospect.

The Patriots always 'overdraft' before the 4th round. That's how they get the guys they target. It's why they're better than most teams at building through the draft.

The team has so many picks, there's no way I can be upset with them using one to get a guy they really want even though the position he plays might not be perceived as a need. Because, looking at the team, they really don't have a lot of serious needs. I'm happy rolling with the front office if they think they need to do something about the safety position because, let's be honest, the safeties were pretty disappointing this year.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Meh. Black is not going to be a full time starter at safety simply because of the injury issue. 5'9 183 just doesn't play well at safety. Pretty sure he can't play corner either. Not a very good guy in man coverage because of his lack of footspeed.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Could also just be the Pats checking out Black to get more information about other UF players as well as some other SEC offensive players.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

That too. But I will rage so hard if we take him before the late second. He's a playmaker with good ball skills....but will likely be limited to a nickelback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 01-26-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nickel back = starter in today's NFL with all the multiple reciever sets and predominance of passing. One thing this defense needs is a few playmakers. Our bend but don't break mentality relies on two things to be viable. 1) the other team cannot sustain multiple long drives due to their own inabilities. 2) we have a few guys who create turnovers. That is something we could use a little more of in my opinion. That and some big time talent up front, both sides of the ball.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Yeah, I'd agree that they need someone capable of making a big play on the defensive end. When teams get in rhythm against this defense, they struggle. Having someone that's capable of coming in and making something happen to take the opposing offense down a notch would be huge.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.sportslover is so money.

Leonard Hankerson talked with pats today.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sportslover
Rookie

Leonard Hankerson talked with Pats today.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did he talk to them twice? lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I hope so. I'm watching the South practice right now and he's flashing all over the place.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 01-26-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

I think we can drop Kris O'Dowd from the Patriots wish list. He's been absolutely blown up this week. He's bad 1vs1. He wouldn't last against NTs in this league.

I am still really high on Marcus Gilbert. I think he's a starting RT in the NFL by no later than week 10.

Cameron Jordan definitely has gone out of the Patriots range now, unless they trade up.

Last edited by descendency : 01-27-2011 at 05:02 AM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote