Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 09-12-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing the game today, it looks like we need to draft a Referee with our Round 1 pick.

What do you guys think?
Old 09-12-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
After seeing the game today, it looks like we need to draft a Referee with our Round 1 pick.

What do you guys think?
I'm on board.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

round 1- ot
round 2- oline
round 3- cb
Old 09-13-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
round 1- ot
round 2- oline
round 3- cb
It'll be tough to pass on an OT but I think I'd rather get Patrick Peterson. OT in Round 2 and LB in Round 3.. and then another LB and CB in there somewhere.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
round 1- ot
round 2- oline
round 3- cb
round 1 - commish
round 2 - ref
round 3 - LT.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Go Blue
Rookie

Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.Go Blue is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
It'll be tough to pass on an OT but I think I'd rather get Patrick Peterson. OT in Round 2 and LB in Round 3.. and then another LB and CB in there somewhere.
i disagree. how long can we go let our franchise keep getting pummled by Backus`s shoddy play? We need an elite left tackle pronto!

sig by Pacific
Go Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt this would ever happen, but would be awesome if it did. What if we drafted Patrick Peterson this year and then after we get done with the draft, we offer our 2012 1st and 2nd round picks to the Cleveland Browns for Joe Thomas and maybe throw another one of our players in their too along with the draft picks. I highly doubt the Browns would ever do this, but it might be worth trying.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

joe would never be traded, not even for that. i don't believe in the tackles in next year's draft. I'd rather settle for a 2nd or 3rd round tackle and take the top tier talent at corner than reach and get an average tackle.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want the Lions to go with Patrick Peterson in the first round this year. I'd like to see them make a play for Marcus McNeil from S.D. to address tackle, ideally before the week 6 deadline. Maybe a package of a 3rd and a 5th along with Gosder or something.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
joe would never be traded, not even for that. i don't believe in the tackles in next year's draft. I'd rather settle for a 2nd or 3rd round tackle and take the top tier talent at corner than reach and get an average tackle.
Thats the problem with next years draft, there aren't really any tackles worth taking where were picking. So we pretty much have to take Patrick Peterson, which I have no problem with because I have been wanting him for a while now. But we need to try and do something with that LT position. Backus has been alright but this injury to Stafford is bringing up questions again. We need to at least try to pickup a great LT either through trade or free agency. It would be nice if someone like Gabe Carimi would fall to us in the second though.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Old 09-13-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its not a need now, but im stilll holding out hope I get a Stafford - A.J Green reuinon.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I know its not a need now, but im stilll holding out hope I get a Stafford - A.J Green reuinon.
what you're saying is Detroit should draft a wide receiver in the first round?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Matt Millen is that you?

-Bo Schembechler
Old 09-14-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i know they should i just want them to bc im a UGA fan and they only got 1 year together in college. Right now they arent a OL that is ranked a high to draft early so they might have to look in another direction via trade.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I still want the Lions to go with Patrick Peterson in the first round this year. I'd like to see them make a play for Marcus McNeil from S.D. to address tackle, ideally before the week 6 deadline. Maybe a package of a 3rd and a 5th along with Gosder or something.
My thoughts exactly. McNeil makes a lot of sense and that's a trade I would do in a heartbeat. It would stop them reaching for a LT in the 1st rd and allow them to concentrate on defense.

The Lions actually have a better chance of grabbing Peterson now that Stafford is hurt and will likely miss half the season. A shutdown CB like Peterson or Prince A, trade for McNeil and then use the 2nd rd (provided they don't send it to the Chargers under such a scenario) on a OLB or more OL help.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is all true. But we need to address OT and we need to do it fast. Watching stafford get hit like that scares the crap outa me and we cant let it happen over and over again
Old 09-15-2010, 04:57 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
this is all true. But we need to address OT and we need to do it fast. Watching stafford get hit like that scares the crap outa me and we cant let it happen over and over again
he's an NFL QB, he's gonna get hit no matter what. The Lions need talent more than they need anything else. If there's no elite LT available next year, I say we grab Peterson and try to get lucky in the second round.

And for god's sake we need to get Staff a few lessons in how not to land on your throwing shoulder.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a couple years it will be illegal to touch the qb. We shouldn't even bother with an oline.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, we need to upgrade left tackle. However, taking a left tackle just to take one is stupid. Let me use Scott's car analogy. If you buy an expensive car you're not going to overpay for a below average insurance policy that offers little coverage, just for the sake of having an insurance policy.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yes, we need to upgrade left tackle. However, taking a left tackle just to take one is stupid. Let me use Scott's car analogy. If you buy an expensive car you're not going to overpay for a below average insurance policy that offers little coverage, just for the sake of having an insurance policy.
on the other hand, Scott always says if you don't have a franchise QB etc. etc. and he's right. but right now we've got a potential franchise QB, but we're ruining him by giving him the David Carr treatment.

If there is an LT out there worthy of a high pick, we can't afford not to take him.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-15-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The line is not THAT bad, so no we aren't giving him the David Carr treatment.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The line is not THAT bad, so no we aren't giving him the David Carr treatment.
I'll admit to that being a little hyperbolic.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 09-15-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

problem is we're in a division that has 2 of the best DE's in the game. That being said we also have a 2nd year QB that has separated his throwing shoulder twice.

if there's not an elite DE available then lets trade for a veteran LT. If it takes our 2nd round pick so be it. We can get all the talent in the world but if we have a QB who gets killed every game and continues to get hurt we still won't win.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

to be honest, like someone said earlier, i'd be all for biting the bullet and working a trade for Marcus Mcniel. we'd have to pay up, in money and probably send a 3rd and either a guy like goz or maybe a 5th, not really sure, but why not just sack up and fix this problem now. Move backus to RT and all of a sudden we have a very good oline.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I'll admit to that being a little hyperbolic.
Injured three times in 17-games worth of NFL season. He's definitely not being done any favors.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote