Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 04-27-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Off Topic Packer Fan Thread

Why not? Talk about anything not Packers, Bucks, Brewers, Badgers football, or draft. Let's see if there's interest enough to keep the thread going.

Feel free to post anything interesting, amusing, news related, personal, whatever. I'll get it started:

I'm a 22 year old college civil engineering student at UW-Platteville but my home is the Waukesha/Milwaukee area.

I hope to get out golfing soon with the great weather, but won't have time until school ends mid May. Love playing Nagawaukee, Dretzka is pretty good too. I also disc golf, and I'm pretty good at it, but lately I've been too busy so I'm only out a couple times a month and usually after a few beers.

I'll be completely absent from pretty much any political or religious discussions (athiest).

Spend a lot of time with the Xbox playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 or Call of Duty online, or Madden or Tiger Woods with friends.

Love trying new beers, some of my favorites:

Canned craft brewed beers are usually amazing

Of course

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking this thread a lot, just as long as we keep politics out of the discussion.

I am 22 as well, but I go to UW-Oshkosh. Not too far from Platteville. Our club rugby teamed played Platteville a couple years back. As far as school goes, I am an English major and Journalism minor.

I'm kind of freaking out about graduation next fall, but first things first...Summer! School here ends a week before my birthday, May 21st, and I hope to spend the majority of my summer playing golf, umping Men's Rec league softball, listening to Ueck, and doing some behind the scenes internship stuff at my local radio station WOGO in Chippewa Falls.

I've been waiting for something interesting to happen in Wisconsin news before I post in this thread, but it's been mainly crime in Milwaukee and road construction. Exciting!

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pic of my lil buddy Charles the bearded dragon. He was only about 3 inches when I got him almost 1 year ago.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 04-30-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty awesome. I have a male Shorkie named Rascal (let my little sis and niece name him), and I can't even imagine not having him around. He's boarderline crazy, but it's getting better as he grows a bit.

Any locals going down to Madison for Mifflin this weekend? I'll be down there bright and early tomorrow. It's a good time, but there are too many stupid people roaming the streets on that day. A couple years ago, I think it was something like 200 people got arrested in a span of 1 day.

Not the greatest pic of him, but it's all I've got.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 04-30-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

My roommate is from Madison so 95% chance he'll be there. I heard they are cracking down on security. I'd probably go but this is the toughest semester of my life so I'm pretty much locked in my apartment til finals are over.

Post 2005: The year
-GW Bush was inaugurated into the white house for the second time
-Patriots won the superbowl
-The pope dies
-Danish newspaper draws Muhammad, controversy ensues
-First human face transplant
-This year was made 1 second longer, leap second
I give this year an F-

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 05-01-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

how do you like being a civil engineer major umphrey? im about to go to FSU to major in civil engineering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I switched from software engineering and I like it way better. My brother is a civil engineer and he started out designing water drainage for Madison, then went out to Seattle to work on a monorail or something of that nature, now I just heard he's going to San Francisco to design roads I believe. The best aspects post-graduation are you make a decent salary ($40,000+) is where most people start, you probably work for the government which means awesome benefits and lots of days off (my favorite), and it's a growing industry (sky-rocketing with Obama) with jobs everywhere.

You have to:
-Be able to finish Calc 3 and understand Calc 1&2 well
-Be able to work with vectors
-You have to know trigonometry as well as you do addition and subtraction
-Work through long problems with lots of numbers (my last HW involved a 4x9 table of numbers some of which 9+ digits long)
-Be really good at keeping track of positive/negative numbers
-Have good inherent problem solving skills, like being able to look at a truss with 20 pieces and 10 forces acting on it and know where to start, then work linearly through the problem in the correct order of maybe 5-10 steps

You're going to have to spend a lot of time on it. This semester was/is by far the hardest of my life taking
Chemistry 1450-5 credit class that everyone learns in a year except engineers who learn it in a semester - the class average for the last test was 49%...what a joke
Differential Equations-Kind of like Calculus 4
Statics-Calculate forces, centroid, etc. involves a lot of calculator work and lots of numbers for 1 problem
History 101-A class I never go to except the discussion where I read a handout 10 minutes before class and raise my hand a couple times then mentally check out

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 05-02-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it.

I'm a 19 year old college student. I say college only because I have yet to decide where I will be going next fall. I attended community college out of high school and hated it, yet excelled tremendously as anyone should. I'm leaning towards majoring in sports management which is almost as cliche as History for any sports fan it seems. I have an interest in criminal justice as well as public relations such as communications, marketing, and mass communications/mass studies. In the event that I don't choose criminal justice, my goal is to work with a sports team in any capacity. Sports have been a great passion of mine since I can remember.

I have been working out seriously since January. Far from my goals but it's become a solid hobby. Others include fantasy baseball, football, and I'm making a conscious effort to read more. Once I decide on a college, I'm pledging a fraternity. I feel it's a vital part of the college experience. Others may disagree.

I am not religious at all and have no interest in politics. I don't vote so I don't complain.

I don't 'enjoy' many beers. I'm a Blue Moon guy. Shock Top I can deal with as well. I don't like drinking Coors light, Miller Lite, or any thing of the sort. I'm out of high school so why drink like you still are?

I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ. Average size place. Five minutes from Philadelphia. Hour from the beach. Hour and a half from New York.

I'm a Phillies, Packers, Devils, and Clippers fan. Ordered by my passion. Sorry. :D

I was born in NJ, lived in Colorado shortly, moved to Cherry Hill and have been here since.

I like to tailgate, party, road trip, be spontaneous, and play sports when I can.

Which one am I?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24 year old geography and history major at university of Minnesota. Graduate in a few days. I'm going back to school this fall if I can't find a job though to get my geographic information sciences degree.

I had spotted cow a few weeks ago and I though it was overrated I'm afraid to say. Too bland.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also plan on going to grad school. To be where I want to be in 20-25 years, I think it's key.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

This is what I've been drinking most because it's $12 a 30 pack and most light beers taste the same except the really expensive or really cheap. This, however, is cheap but better than Miller lite, taste pretty much like Coors lite. It must be extremely local because the liquor store I worked at in Waukesha doesn't carry it and they have over 1000 beers.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 05-05-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm a 19 year old college studentt. I say college only because I have yet to decide where I will be going next fall. I attended community college out of high school and hated it, yet excelled tremendously as anyone should. I'm leaning towards majoring in sports management which is almost as cliche as History for any sports fan it seems. I have an interest in criminal justice as well as public relations such as communications, marketing, and mass communications/mass studies. In the event that I don't choose criminal justice, my goal is to work with a sports team in any capacity. Sports have been a great passion of mine since I can remember.

I have been working out seriously since January. Far from my goals but it's become a solid hobby. Others include fantasy baseball, football, and I'm making a conscious effort to read more. Once I decide on a college, I'm pledging a fraternity. I feel it's a vital part of the college experience. Others may disagree.

I'm from Cherry Hill, NJ. Average size place. Five minutes from Philadelphia. Hour from the beach. Hour and a half from New York.

I'm a Phillies, Packers, Devils, and Clippers fan. Ordered by my passion. Sorry.
-Wherever you go and whatever you major in, take your time to decide exactly what it is you want to do. Don't let anyone sway your decision or push you in the direction they think is best.

My mom has been a teacher for 30 years, and so it seemed like that was what I "should" do. It took me a year and a half in the School of Education to realize I love to read and write, and journalism is the direction I really wanted to go. College is so much better when you are laboring endlessly over material and courses you are interested in. I'm going to be licensed as a teacher when I graduate though, so I guess there's a positive to taking a while to make up my mind if I'm struggly to find a job.

-There is a guy on my rugby team who pledged to a fraternity his freshman year. His initiation was to get a tattoo of the fraternity logo along with the exact colors. Long story short...He has a green and purple tattoo on his right peck, it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, it's forever, AND he's no longer part of the fraternity.

Go for it, just don't be hasty! Haha.

-I was born in Philly before moving to Wisconsin when I was just a youngster. My mom's side of the family still lives in Pennsylvania, and we spent a month in New Jersey on the beach this past summer. Man I love the ocean.

I'm a massive Brewers homer, but when they play the Phillies, I have a hard time deciding who pull for. I guess I would consider the Phillies 1A.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
24 year old geography and history major at university of Minnesota. Graduate in a few days. I'm going back to school this fall if I can't find a job though to get my geographic information sciences degree.

I had spotted cow a few weeks ago and I though it was overrated I'm afraid to say. Too bland.
How are you holding up? I graduate in a year, and I'm already freaking out about it. I can't tell if it's nervous anxiety or excitement.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Did anyone else get caught in the storm last night? I'm in Oshkosh, and the news reported that a tornado touched down just North in Appleton I think it was. I love thunder storms, but the thought of tornados scare the hell out of me.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I switched from software engineering and I like it way better. My brother is a civil engineer and he started out designing water drainage for Madison, then went out to Seattle to work on a monorail or something of that nature, now I just heard he's going to San Francisco to design roads I believe. The best aspects post-graduation are you make a decent salary ($40,000+) is where most people start, you probably work for the government which means awesome benefits and lots of days off (my favorite), and it's a growing industry (sky-rocketing with Obama) with jobs everywhere.

You have to:
-Work through long problems with lots of numbers (my last HW involved a 4x9 table of numbers some of which 9+ digits long)
-Have good inherent problem solving skills, like being able to look at a truss with 20 pieces and 10 forces acting on it and know where to start, then work linearly through the problem in the correct order of maybe 5-10 steps

You're going to have to spend a lot of time on it. This semester was/is by far the hardest of my life taking
Chemistry 1450-5 credit class that everyone learns in a year except engineers who learn it in a semester - the class average for the last test was 49%...what a joke
Statics-Calculate forces, centroid, etc. involves a lot of calculator work and lots of numbers for 1 problem
History 101-A class I never go to except the discussion where I read a handout 10 minutes before class and raise my hand a couple times then mentally check out
how the hell are you taking that so late? Shouldn't that be one of the first classes you take?

Dyanmics and Statics are the first engr classes we have to take and then we we move on from there. Also learning Auto CAD.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
How are you holding up? I graduate in a year, and I'm already freaking out about it. I can't tell if it's nervous anxiety or excitement.
Two more papers and I'm done. Although, I'm not too excited because I'm likely going to graduate school in the fall so there won't be too much of a change except at a new school.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How do you like GIS?
I just completed my minor in Geography and Earth Sciences (I graduate in a year from now)... personally, I hated it. I've only taken one class in it, and I had a bad prof/bad projects, the whole deal, so I'm probably biased. I can see how it could be interesting, but I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, so I didn't enjoy it.

Anyway I'm a 20 year old student from Ontario, Canada. Just because I'm not from Wisconsin doesn't mean I'm not as die hard as you guys though. I was born with green and gold blood, I've made the trek to GB a couple of times, my house flies the Packers flag, I'm on the season ticket list and I go to Pack games in Detroit every chance. The second the Pack make the Super Bowl Im driving down to the game or to Wisconsi
I'm not your typical Canadian either. I can't skate and I dislike hockey... those are some of my non Canadian traits.

I'm an economics major, I'm about to enroll in a Canadian Securities course which will allow me to legally sell securities after I graduate. I am about to start a summer job at an investment branch of a bank and after that's done I am hoping to be recommended to a full time position post graduation. Finances and investment banking is where I'm headed. I can't wait to graduate. I lived the university style lifestyle for 3 years, but I'm ready to move on, especially with a fairly decent job staring me in the face.

Hmmm what else... I despise fantasy football. Never play it. I work part time at a casino now as well, as a blackjack dealer. I smoke. I quit for about 4/5 months, but I was suckered back in because of stress. I think I'm also addicted to caffeine. Drink coffee like a mad man. That's all I got for now.

Good thread idea!

Last edited by Mr.Regular : 05-05-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
How do you like GIS?
I just completed my minor in Geography and Earth Sciences (I graduate in a year from now)... personally, I hated it. I've only taken one class in it, and I had a bad prof/bad projects, the whole deal, so I'm probably biased. I can see how it could be interesting, but I'm not the most tech savvy person out there, so I didn't enjoy it.
I like it quiet a bit to tell the truth and I'm not too much of a tec person either. There's just so much different stuff you can do with it. Cartography, remote sensing, you name it. Once you become familiar with it it is more interesting because you can do so much with it. Good careers in GIS too.

they get smoked.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

There has been too many times I've wanted to knock around several blackjack dealers. I suppose seeing an endless amount of hands, you fall into a rhythm...

But when dealers fly through 6 peoples' hands all the while flipping their hands around and taking my bet before I even have a chance to calculate what just happened, I get pissed. Oh the excitement ofthe casino.

During the week, there are days when I drink 4-5 16 oz cups of coffee. I know it's terrible for me to down so much caffeine, but like you, I'm hooked.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Two more papers and I'm done. Although, I'm not too excited because I'm likely going to graduate school in the fall so there won't be too much of a change except at a new school.
It's a great idea though. I have a couple grad students in my classes, and they are near 30 and married. So better start off right away, and get where you want to be.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
-Wherever you go and whatever you major in, take your time to decide exactly what it is you want to do. Don't let anyone sway your decision or push you in the direction they think is best.

My over material and courses you are interested in. I'm going to be licensedmom has been a teacher for 30 years, and so it seemed like that was what I "should" do. It took me a year and a half in the School of Education to realize I love to read and write, and journalism is the direction I really wanted to go. College is so much better when you are laboring endlessly as a teacher when I graduate though, so I guess there's a positive to taking a while to make up my mind if I'm struggly to find a job.
I've been pretty dead set on sports management. One of the primary reasons is because it is something I'm genuinely interested in. Working in sports in any capacity is a lifelong dream of mine but it's ultra-competitive. I've gone to sports management conferences in Indianapolis by Sports Management World Wide, who also offer classes and credit in Scouting in every sport on top of Game Operations. Working in sports is such a dynamic atmosphere. Anything related to sports, I'm all ears so why not try to make a career of it. In all probability, I'll minor in sports management or double major so I have something else to fall back on.

Quote:
-There is a guy on my rugby team who pledged to a fraternity his freshman year. His initiation was to get a tattoo of the fraternity logo along with the exact colors. Long story short...He has a green and purple tattoo on his right peck, it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen, it's forever, AND he's no longer part of the fraternity.

Go for it, just don't be hasty! Haha.
There are tons of frats that are 'hardcore' like that. In no way, shape, or form will I do anything permanent to be apart of a glorified brotherhood. I'm joining a frat to make connections, meet new people, interact and get the most from the college experience, not to brag about my social status.

Quote:
-I was born in Philly before moving to Wisconsin when I was just a youngster. My mom's side of the family still lives in Pennsylvania, and we spent a month in New Jersey on the beach this past summer. Man I love the ocean.

I'm a massive Brewers homer, but when they play the Phillies, I have a hard time deciding who pull for. I guess I would consider the Phillies 1A.
Small world. So you're familiar where Cherry Hill is? That's awesome.

Me and couple buddies tried to get a shore house for a week in Long Beach Island. We lasted 22 hours before getting the pink slip. We didn't do our research in terms of surrounding atmosphere and jumped on the price. We were too loud for the area. I wish I could contest the complaints but we're lucky we just got evicted and didn't get charged with anything. A bunch of 19-20 year olds with a house full of booze could have fetched us a couple citations each when parlayed with the noise complaints.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I've been pretty dead set on sports management. One of the primary reasons is because it is something I'm genuinely interested in. Working in sports in any capacity is a lifelong dream of mine but it's ultra-competitive. I've gone to sports management conferences in Indianapolis by Sports Management World Wide, who also offer classes and credit in Scouting in every sport on top of Game Operations. Working in sports is such a dynamic atmosphere. Anything related to sports, I'm all ears so why not try to make a career of it. In all probability, I'll minor in sports management or double major so I have something else to fall back on.
If you're thinking criminal justice because you want to be a police officer, you don't have to study criminal justice. Almost all departments only require 60 college credits in any field. I know plenty of people who were history majors, have associates degrees in automotive mechanic etc that work for departments around me. When you get hired you have to go through a certification process (academy) that will teach you everything you need to know. My advice is that you should study what you're interested in, it doesn't end up mattering all that much when you get in the real world. One of my best friends has a masters in biology and makes about $100k selling insurance now.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post

You have to:

thanks for the tips. i really enjoy doing math and excelled in trig when i took it awhile ago and im taking calc next semester so well see how that goes..

other then going to school and playing part of student i also work at a movie theater... easiest job anyone can ever get.. and i coach basketball for the city and i coach football at the high school i went to. pretty fun gig. all of that leaves little to no time for anything else though haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
how the hell are you taking that so late? Shouldn't that be one of the first classes you take?

Dyanmics and Statics are the first engr classes we have to take and then we we move on from there. Also learning Auto CAD.
In my school statics is a prereq for dynamics and that is totally off on its own. So you can take them any time I just got around to it now. I also wasted a lot of time in software engineering classes before switching majors and completed a math minor (pending a 50% or greater on my differential equations final).

Statics was a walk in the park after taking calculus 1-3 though, so that was kind of nice.

I recommend taking a math class every semester until you don't need them any more. Once you get through all those, other classes seem like a breeze because you use math so much, even if its not calculus (although almost every formula you use is derived from calculus theory or differential equation theory). You just get so good at manipulating equations it really makes things easy. I'm stunned when people in my chemistry class make mistakes because they screw up the algebra or can't rearrange an equation.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 05-05-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
If you're thinking criminal justice because you want to be a police officer, you don't have to study criminal justice. Almost all departments only require 60 college credits in any field. I know plenty of people who were history majors, have associates degrees in automotive mechanic etc that work for departments around me. When you get hired you have to go through a certification process (academy) that will teach you everything you need to know. My advice is that you should study what you're interested in, it doesn't end up mattering all that much when you get in the real world. One of my best friends has a masters in biology and makes about $100k selling insurance now.
I've heard the credits bit. It's a goal of mine to get a bachelor's in any field I plan to work in. Even though they could hire with just 60 credits, I want the have that backing of an advanced degree. Even though the academy process will teach and train me, if I choose that road, there's no such thing as being too knowledgeable about your profession. I know people will contest that I'd be wasting my time and money. There are just so many people going back to school so they can move up in the field that made me realize that I should take advantage of it while I'm still young. It may actually help me with a starting salary, who knows.

Granted, I may not even working in the general field I major in but as of now, that's the goal and I'm going to take every step necessary to get there. No telling what's going to happen 2-3 years from now.