Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who will be the most improved player?
Moise Fokou, Eagles 0 0%
Doug Free, Cowboys 5 15.15%
LaRon Landry, Redskins 4 12.12%
Macho Harris, Eagles 2 6.06%
Devin Thomas, Redskins 10 30.30%
Chris Canty, Giants 4 12.12%
Malcolm Kelly, Redskins 0 0%
Kevin Ogletree, Cowboys 0 0%
Bruce Johnson, Giants 0 0%
Other 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ewww, Devin Thomas FAIL :(

On the poll I think it's clearly Free or Landry. Free was good last year but a completely different position and he's been excellent at LT. Landry I believed moved back to SS and has been a stud. Regardless you couldn't of went wrong with 1 of those 2, Nicks or Shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of guys have really done a great job so far turning it around.

I think right now the clear front runners are Laron Landry, Osi Umenyiora, Michael Vick (let's not forget about him), and Hakeem Nicks.

Kiwi would be on this list if he didn't get hurt. He was a monster before that and our best pass rusher.

I think if we're talking about who has regressed the most, I'd say it's Mike Jenkins of the Cowboys. He's having a very mediocre season for his standards.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry is tops on my list in terms of development. You could also make a mention of Shaun Andrews, should he get back to close to where he was when he was in Philly. I also want to mention Shady McCoy as a candidate.

Top regressions: Jenkins, Casey Rabach, Jason Peters, Clinton Portis

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Landry is tops on my list in terms of development. You could also make a mention of Shaun Andrews, should he get back to close to where he was when he was in Philly. I also want to mention Shady McCoy as a candidate.

Top regressions: Jenkins, Casey Rabach, Jason Peters, Clinton Portis
Jason Peters really has been a huge disappointment for the Eagles so far. I think you can add David Diehl and William Beatty to that list as well.

I forgot to mention Roy Williams in the most improved list. Let's give him some props, he's playing much better this year.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can agree to all of the above points.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to make this all about the Giants but Goff and Canty have really stepped up their games as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The reason this forum exists is that not all of us will pay attention to other NFC games as much as for our own team. The Giants' great start has to be a function of player improvements.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I love Goff, he's been amazing at MIKE for us. You can make a strong argument for him being the best ILB in our division, with Stewart Bradley dropping off considerably this year as well as Fletcher, and Dallas having JAGs inside.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I believe Bradley has played better lately, especially as McDermott has adjusted and is not putting him in coverage quite as much. As that has happened, the Eagles D has gotten stouter up the gut... I also believe that Bradley will be back in full go next year. The ACL surgery recovery is just a process.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason this forum exists is that not all of us will pay attention to other NFC games as much as for our own team. The Giants' great start has to be a function of player improvements.
I know that but there are also so many homers around here that I like to only bring up the Giants when I feel I'm not going overboard in my own homerism.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bradley will get better as the year goes on which is bad news for the rest of the division. It's not easy coming back from an injury as serious as that. Look at Osi who took over a year to finally get that burst off the edge back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know that but there are also so many homers around here that I like to only bring up the Giants when I feel I'm not going overboard in my own homerism.
IMO, you are more of a Mets homer than a Giants homer... lol

Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
IMO, you are more of a Mets homer than a Giants homer... lol
Haha yeah I probably am. I can't get a grasp on all things Mets sometimes but I still try not to go to overboard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-27-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Bradley will get better as the year goes on which is bad news for the rest of the division. It's not easy coming back from an injury as serious as that. Look at Osi who took over a year to finally get that burst off the edge back.
Exactly. Amazingly, the Eagles rush D got a little better after Bunkley went out with his injury. Part may be scheme, but I think the coaches adjusted to put Bradley in spots to help out and attack.

Speaking of, Trevor Laws has been pretty damn impressive and disruptive. He was playing a lot even before Bunkley went out.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, I have no doubt that Bradley will back to form next year, I was just referring to this year.

Laws has been impressive. Its about time, I liked him coming out. I didn't think he was a 2nd round talent and thought the Eagles reached for him, but I still liked him as a pass rusher.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

With all the pass rushers they took in 2010, the Eagles are going to try to challenge the Giants for the "most injured QB's" title...

Old 10-27-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I like the Eagles dline. Graham is the sex, Cole is a boss, I love Bunk. Imagine if you landed Geno Atkins. Yeah, I still have a hard time letting that one go lol. I wanted Geno so bad.

How is Graham doing btw? I always felt he was much better suited for RE than LE.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Graham is having problems with the quality of OT's and getting results. He has been around the ball a lot and has really held well against the run, but right now, he is struggling to win battles using technique. He was so used to winning the battles based on his physical skills that he is a little gunshy. The injury to his left (?) leg also didn't help things.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That's fine though. As long as you see potential in the futre he will be fine. It doesn't happen overnight for a lot of pass rushers. JPP is getting tons of hurries but no sacks, but I'm not worried bc you know it will eventually translate to sacks in the future.

For JPP I'm more concerned with him using more pass rush moves. Right now he's very raw and just usin geither a standard bullrsuh or standard speed rush. Once he starts learning more moves....oh boy.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

You might not see a ton out of him until 2012, actually. He is so so so raw, but so physically skilled. It might take him over a year to really refine his technique enough to make a significant and consistent impact.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah I know. I told myself I'm gonna give him 3 full years to develop before I consider him a disappointment if he doesn't grow as a pass rusher within that time.

I think we'll start seeing some promise next year, and hopefully he'll put it all together by year 3.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP - Joseph - Canty - Kiwi with tuck moving all around in 2 years is terrifying because they might finally disprove rumors of Eli's immortality.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think of a player who is most improved... The way I think of it is a player who has X talent, and now is even more and is producing. So the difference between what he is doing now vs before is what I would gauge it.

Maybe Koets for us.. Ok OT, but when he had to play center he did a good job. I think that's improvement.

Who else? Jonathan G our MLB. People didn't know that he would be a viable option as our Mike backer in this new system, but he has exceeded ALL expectations thus far. So that's big time improvement.

Those two are the ones that pop out in my head.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem the dream Nicks is the answer to the question, with LaRon Landry the winner on the defensive side of the ball.

Osi a close 2nd on defense, but it's not like we haven't seen him dominate before. He just seemed to mentally check out for awhile there as some good ones are prone to do from time to time.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Hakeem the dream Nicks is the answer to the question, with LaRon Landry the winner on the defensive side of the ball.

Osi a close 2nd on defense, but it's not like we haven't seen him dominate before. He just seemed to mentally check out for awhile there as some good ones are prone to do from time to time.
That's the thing I think the talent was there for Osi obviously and Nicks. Nicks has just gotten more looks now, and adjusted to this scheme even more. Osi was always good, now he is healthy and has the right attitude. If we talking improvement based on stats, then Bradshaw. He leads the whole NFL in rushing. So that has to count for something.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote