Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
This is the Patriots team forum. We're not trying to be particularly objective or careful with our words here, just like you probably aren't on the Ravens team forum. Hell, hockey is like the sixth tier sport for most people here even, we're football guys. Total mountain out of a mole hill. I'm sorry your hockey team lost, but telling us off based on nothing isn't going to change that or even make it any more tolerable or better in the end.

So basically, "raising your eyebrows in shock", posting two walls of text, and then trying to rationalize it for a comment that wasn't even directed towards you is putting far more thought to an anecdote that was meant to be framed in a happy, celebratory context than was put into it in the first place...and isn't exactly reasonable.
I read team boards fairly often, especially now when the board is very slow. They are just another part of the forum open to everybody and anybody. Getting fans perspective on the players on their teams can be informative. Obviously there is homerism in every team board and obviously you guys are excited that one team in a team in your guys' area won a championship and that's just fine. I get that. But if I come across something that I think is blatantly wrong or incorrect, I'm not going to feel obligated to bite my tongue in fear of interrupting a circle jerk.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd agree with you if I said all time. I meant in the past decade. As in the current City of champs
No other town has as many combined championships in the 4 major sports.
3 by the Pats, 2 by BoSox and 1 a piece from the Celtics n Bruins.
Uhh...even if you go by "all-time"... They're 3 behind NYC (not counting the multiple teams for each sport - gave them Yankees, Giants, Rangers, and Knicks) which is horribly skewed by the Yankees.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I read team boards fairly often, especially now when the board is very slow. They are just another part of the forum open to everybody and anybody. Getting fans perspective on the players on their teams can be informative. Obviously there is homerism in every team board and obviously you guys are excited that one team in a team in your guys' area won a championship and that's just fine. I get that. But if I come across something that I think is blatantly wrong or incorrect, I'm not going to feel obligated to bite my tongue in fear of interrupting a circle jerk.
No one is saying you can't read other team board or anything like that or that they aren't open, but **** man, you've got to admit that it's framed in a slightly different context on something that's severely out of the way and basically a place for fans of one team to post.

There's no circle jerk going on. It would be different if there was, but there wasn't. It was an off hand comment based on recent success. Heck, it was even framed correctly. Over the past ten years, we've won a lot of sports championships. That's exactly what NaleJ said(in a celebratory tone) and it's true. It's really nothing to get up in arms about or try to frame differently, we're all big boys here. We've seen disappointment in sports as recently as three months ago.

Let me ask you something, are you that offended when Packers fans talk about being "title town". Because we got that not so long ago too and I didn't see anyone upset about that anywhere. Wisconsin hasn't had major sports success outside of the Packers and even the Pack hasn't been on such a blistering tear in the past couple decades. What a circle jerk huh? Bunch of small town nothing to do blowhards. I'm going to go let them know precisely what I think of that and give them a good what's what, come to think of it. That'll show'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Uhh...even if you go by "all-time"... They're 3 behind NYC (not counting the multiple teams for each sport - gave them Yankees, Giants, Rangers, and Knicks) which is horribly skewed by the Yankees.
Going to trust your math on that one, but that sounds about right.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-19-2011 at 10:32 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're making a mountain out of a molehill. He didn't say anything that was even a little bit incorrect. This is exactly what he said:

Quote:
edit: Also, heard on ESPN... Boston is the first town to win a championship in the four main sports in a ten year period.

CITY OF CHAMPIONS!!
Considering that every Boston team has players who have won a championship with that team that would make them a city of champions. He didn't say 'The Championship City', or even include a definite article in there to make it in any way, shape, or form a declaration of superiority.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
No one is saying you can't read other team board or anything like that or that they aren't open, but **** man, you've got to admit that it's framed in a slightly different context on something that's severely out of the way and basically a place for fans of one team to post.

There's no circle jerk going on. It would be different if there was, but there wasn't. It was an off hand comment based on recent success. Heck, it was even framed correctly. Over the past ten years, we've won a lot of sports championships. That's exactly what NaleJ said(in a celebratory tone) and it's true. It's really nothing to get up in arms about or try to frame differently, we're all big boys here. We've seen disappointment in sports as recently as three months ago.

Let me ask you something, are you that offended when Packers fans talk about being "title town". Because we got that not so long ago too and I didn't see anyone upset about that anywhere. Wisconsin hasn't had major sports success outside of the Packers and even the Pack hasn't been on such a blistering tear in the past couple decades. What a circle jerk huh? Bunch of small town nothing to do blowhards. I'm going to go let them know precisely what I think of that and give them a good what's what, come to think of it. That'll show'em.
I'm not offended by any of this. I'm not 'offended' by what Packer fans want call their city. I'm not offended by folks in the New England area being excited about the run they've had in the last 10 years. I simply saw a comment that I disagreed with and replied with an explanation. You're taking this way, way more personally and looking into it far more deeply than it was ever intended.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love girly internet slap fights :)

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not offended by any of this. I'm not 'offended' by what Packer fans want call their city. I'm not offended by folks in the New England area being excited about the run they've had in the last 10 years. I simply saw a comment that I disagreed with and replied with an explanation. You're taking this way, way more personally and looking into it far more deeply than it was ever intended.
Well, maybe I'm projecting some of what BOE said on to what you said in recollection, but still. There was not any of what you projected to be going on in that comment going on here.

I just really can't stand it when people have gripes with other fans for one reason or another. It's one of the uglier, least logical part of sorts. Hated it when all that crap with Tampa was going on with the Bruins(although there was some fun to be had with it on both sides, obviously, just not substantial productive fun). We're getting a CRAP ton of that here in Boston with all the success we've had over the years and it's really just not the coolest thing in the world to be on the wrong end of.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-26-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoSox beat the Pirates! I can't believe I'm excited about this.
I was going to go to the Beckett/C.Lee matchup against the Phillies this upcoming Tuesday but the wife is starting to have contractions and Philly is over 3 hrs away.
Don't want to miss potentially missing my child's birth. I's a sad panda.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Since we're inclined to look ahead around these parts anyway, here's a real good article about some of the high upside guys the Sox have in A ball right now. Really like all three of these guys. On a football note, Brandon Jacobs was a pretty good RB/LB recruit for Auburn a few years ago who is finally starting to put together some of his offensive potential. Massive power potential there.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2011/07...july-2011.html

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lester loses to Colon
Lackey beats CC
... what's going on here?

Hopefully that trend ends tonight and Beckett picks up win #10

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the avy Nalej

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Thanks. I fell in love with it the second I saw it.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Lackey has pitched really well lately. He's a 3 runs over 6 kind of guy, but with our offense I'll take that. Especially against the Yankees.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Great game. Beating Mo to take the series is icing on the cake.
As ESPNBoston put it... J.D. Who?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I really hope Reddick can keep this up. He's a damn good player if he can live up to his potential. High upside guy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-08-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really don't see why he can't keep it up. Like you said, he's a high-upside player who's playing well without much experience. With him, Crawford, and Elsbury in the outfield, the entire field is completely blanketed as long as Francona's making the right adjustments.

The Red Sox's farm system is a prime example of how badly MLB needs to fix their ****. If you have one of the highest payrolls, your farm system should look like ass. Instead, they compile draft picks by not re-signing players and then are able to draft the best players because they're one of the only teams that is willing to sign them.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Really don't see why he can't keep it up.
He's a free swinger with a .393 BABIP. When that comes down, I question if his approach will hold up and keep him as a starting outfielder. He's done a lot of work on pitch recognition and discipline, but at his core he's still going to hack away. If you can't work the count and walk at a good clip then you probably don't fit in with this teams long term plans.

Quote:
The Red Sox's farm system is a prime example of how badly MLB needs to fix their ****. If you have one of the highest payrolls, your farm system should look like ass. Instead, they compile draft picks by not re-signing players and then are able to draft the best players because they're one of the only teams that is willing to sign them.
Unfortunately, there's only so much they can do. High School players just have way too much leverage right now....but if you let them all go to college then that ends up being bad for player development in the long run.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-18-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Ortiz n Youk out. This blows.

Old 08-20-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I short of get the Tim Thomas thing, but it'd be nice to see more love for Patrice Nergeton... One of the best two way forwards in hockey.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 AM    (permalink
jmalloy
Rookie

jmalloy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
WTF happened to beckett?
One second he was lights out- the other he couldn't control any pitch

It really sucks too when ALL your teams lose on the same day
thats the essence of game. win or lose. but our teams are good. don't loss hope dude!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

WTF BC? That is all.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the sox trying to give the wildcard to Tampa Bay?
Old 09-25-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Are the sox trying to give the wildcard to Tampa Bay?
....that's what happens when you set up an environment where it's accepted to not have to try to win every game. We were on cruise control since mid-August and just couldn't turn it on when the chips were on the table.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Whyyyyyyyyy????
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean is anyone surprised, I saw this coming weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote