Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-29-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
So pumped...

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox are looking good! Big Papi's found his bat! Our starting pitching is second to none right now... sweetness

Celtics are looking good. I'm still worried about Perkins and his 7th tech.
If Wallace, nate and Tony Allen all contribute- no chance we lose!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Perk will keep it together. He's a smart guy and will not want to put the team in a bad position.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 1/2 hours boys. So pumped right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Allen is just fantastic. That is all.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to give Doc credit for sticking with KG. But gdammit he needs to come up big in the next game or I'll be screaming for more 'Sheed.

. . . OMFG did I really type that?

Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you did. As long as we're winning- let's just stick to what's working.
KG was in foul trouble (like everyone else in the game) so that hampered his ability to get going
You can't underrate his passing ability though. He's great.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The NBA thread in the off topic was hilarious last night. We lose game one with awful calls against us, and we just say we need to plan better and execute better. Lakers lose and all the Lakers fans start bitching about the refs. I even turned sports center on today to see Phil Jackson bitching about the calls. How about try guarding Allen and stopping Rondo from making you guys look like fools.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-07-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

^ I thought it was just a couple of Lakers fans on another forum I frequent, but it really is starting to seem like LA fans always blame the refs.

That game last night was poorly officiated and the refs had far too great an impact, but it was both ways. Phantom fouls on Kobe (on Kobe??!!!) and totally missed call underneath on both sides. Several clean blocks by Celtic players that were called as fouls - it was terrible. But it was definitely both ways. (Tell me somebody else saw Bynum flat out shove Glen out of bounds to try and block Wallace's layup? If the video is up somewhere it happened with ~ 6mins left in Q3)

Najel - I completely agree. I love Wallace, but KG is such a great player in all aspects of the game. The pick that took out Gasol & Kobe so Rondo could walk right in for a layup; several great passes down the stretch; I have no issue with him staying in while struggling. But he definitely needs to be a big presence back in Boston.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

My kingdom for one game where 2 of the "big three" have good games together. It's always one guy on fire and the other two stinkin' up the joint.

sigh

Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Agreed. Some D on Fisher would have been nice too

Old 06-09-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, grey clouds after that game three...but yeah, the Red Sox did well in the biggest crap shoot in sports; the MLB Draft.

Suggest everyone reads up on it at http://soxprospects.com/dh.htm

Highlights;

Picked Kolbrin Vitek out of Ball State with the first of our three first rounders. Vitek is a good bat that's really disciplined at the plate and makes good contact. He has a chance to hit for average power, but the Sox were apparently higher on his power potential than other teams. He played second at Ball State, but at 6'3 195 he'll likely end up third or in the outfield as he gets physically bigger. Has the arm for either as he's been clocked in the 90's on the mound.

Bryce Brentz was our next pick. He isn't really that big (6'0 195) but he's got a lot of power already and a pretty high ceiling. He fell due to injuries, but at one time he was a top fifteen talent.

The next pick was Anthony Ranaudo, a name people who watched LSU win it all last year in the College World Series should be familiar with. He was a surfire top ten pick at the start of the season but he was absolutely awful for most of it. 7+ ERA this year, although he got himself together a bit towards the end of the year. Most of that can be attributed to injuries and mechanics, but still, it's concerning stuff. He is a talent though. He has a 94 MPH fastball that could add a few ticks with his frame (6'7 230) and a nice 12-6 curve to go along with it.

We got a nice value with Brandon Workmen is the second round(consensus top twenty talent). Throws hard (up to 95) and he has decent secondary stuff to compliment it, including a nice high 80's cutter. He doesn't have an easy delivery and there is some effort behind it, so he might be a bullpen guy down the road, but he also has a good chance to stick as a starter.

First high school guy we took was Sean Coyle, a SS. He's small, but he's got good overall skills from what I've read. Particuarly noted are his speed and his strong build (5'9 180). Committed to UNC, might be a tough sign.

Garin Cecchini was the next high school bat we took. He plays SS right now, but he might already be too big for the position at 6'3 215. He has a high power threshold and hits left handed. Decent speed and overall athleticism, but he might not end up sticking at a premium defensive position from what I've gathered. Isn't as smooth as some other guys. Would have been a first rounder if not for an injury. Committed to LSU, but supposedly signable.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Agreed. Some D on Fisher would have been nice too
Doc went with Baby for too long. Not going back to Perk in crunch time lost the game. The Lakers abused the C's inside with Baby and KG in the game rather than Perk. Gasol abused him, and Fisher & Kobe were able to drive for easy buckets. I love what Baby did in his time on the court, but he should have been out of there with 4 minutes left. He started pressing on offense and missed a ton of inside buckets. Also, running a play for Ray Allen at the end of the game when he's 0-12 is just ********. Pierce and KG were the hot hands. When they started running that play, I said "anyone but Ray!"

That one's on Doc, imo.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Doc went with Baby for too long. Not going back to Perk in crunch time lost the game. The Lakers abused the C's inside with Baby and KG in the game rather than Perk. Gasol abused him, and Fisher & Kobe were able to drive for easy buckets. I love what Baby did in his time on the court, but he should have been out of there with 4 minutes left. He started pressing on offense and missed a ton of inside buckets. Also, running a play for Ray Allen at the end of the game when he's 0-12 is just ********. Pierce and KG were the hot hands. When they started running that play, I said "anyone but Ray!"

That one's on Doc, imo.
I would of done the same exact thing to be honest. Baby was ridiculously hot at that time and put us right in the game at that point, not only was he making shots, but was drawing the fouls. Fisher making shots like he did was just ridiculous, some of those shots were just pure luck from where he took them. Going to Ray when hes 0-12, I would of given him the chance as well. Sure he obviously wasnt on his game, but had he made that last three it was a one point game, and I mean when is Ray Allen going to miss something like that (obviously that game haha) but I trust him enough to keep giving him the ball with open shots, its unheard of when Ray ray has a game like that, doesnt happen often. It didnt help that when we were getting some chances that KG shoved Vujchec or however you spell it on the ground when ray had an open lane. My friends have already given up on the Cs because of the whole 3rd game stat but if we can win these next two games well be right in this.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

KG playing well made me question why he sat so long but Doc has consistently shown his confidence in guys even when they're struggling, so I have no issue with running a play for Ray. Pierce was not the hot hand. He was terrible offensively, just like Ray.

The Lakers played fantastic offensively and defensively, whereas the Cs were incosistent all night. Doc didn't lose, the Lakers won.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
KG playing well made me question why he sat so long but Doc has consistently shown his confidence in guys even when they're struggling, so I have no issue with running a play for Ray. Pierce was not the hot hand. He was terrible offensively, just like Ray.

The Lakers played fantastic offensively and defensively, whereas the Cs were incosistent all night. Doc didn't lose, the Lakers won.
Pierce had a stroke going, but couldn't get a lot of shots. He was 3-4 shooting 3's, and had a good rhythm going late in the game. I agree that you keep feeding Ray, but not in that spot. They blew their load on that play, and really should have just gone for a 2 and tried to get a stop at the other end...which brings us to Baby v. Perk.

Fisher wouldn't have even been able to take those shots with Perk in the game. And it was obvious that Fisher was starting to heat up (and he and Kobe were both getting deep in the lane consistently). Doc really screwed up by going with Baby just because Baby was playing well at the other end until halfway through the 4th quarter.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Ehh again I feel alot of those last shots by fisher he doesnt normally make, I mean before that period he had like 4 points. i dont disagree that Perk is better on D, but we needed points at the time, idk we just need to ******* win these next two games.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-10-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do or die tonight

Feed Moncrief
Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

******* awesome job by the bench tonight. Big Baby is playing out of his mind right now. If were hanging around games with our big three being sub par, imagine what itll be like when their on. Lets hope we can win out in Boston, and have everyone step it up in LA.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 04:47 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HFS... wherefore art thou, Paul Peirce? even Kevin Garnett is showing up at home.

Honestly, if the bench wasn't playing so well, this would have been a sweep. If Paul Peirce would show up, this would be 3-1 Boston.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

lol - love the Glen sig.

Beasting last night. That was awesome. I haven't found the full presser yet, but here's the best part w/Nate & Glen --> linked!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Come on C's, one more game.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-14-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Win in 6.

PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl ease

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

ugly.

Several places quoting a "team source" saying Perkins is done. :(

Old 06-16-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

last night sucked, losing Perk blows

Feed Moncrief