Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 12-07-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're in on Russell Martin. Makes a ton of sense.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick google search...

-Beltran is apparently available. The Mets would like to rid themselves of his 18 Million dollar salary next yar
-M.Ordonez.. he's a FA. I wouldn't mind a 1 or 2 yr deal for him

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't like JD, you're going to hate Beltran. Ordonez is interesting and would be a good Fenway hitter, but father time scares me there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want us to go after Russell Martin.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can get a ball from homeplate to 2nd then I'm all for it

Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Martin is a plus defender, last time I heard.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-09-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Crawford inked.

We NEED a right handed bat though. I think we might have to sell low on Ellsbury just to find a guy to balance out the lineup. Beltran is a possibility, and that deal could be done mostly for just eating cash, but who plays center then? I don't trust Beltran to play an entire season and that leaves Cameron as the only other guy on the roster capable of playing center...and well, don't trust him to play the whole year either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep just saw on espn, go Sox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Have to say, pretty pleased with these moves. Shows that we're committed to competing, which people have questioned recently.

Also, look out for us to sign Scott Downs or another type A reliever now that we broke our type A cherry.

Apparently, we're also STILL in on Cliff Lee. We're spending John Henry's money like nobody's business right now. Offered him a seven year deal at a reduced price.

Oh, and just thought about the entire left handedness issue...it's an advantage against 2/3 starting pitchers in the major league and we have Lowrie, Cameron, and McDonald on the bench. All of those guys crush the ball against left handed pitching. Lowrie might even emerge as our starting short stop at one point during the season because of how well he has hit when he's been in there, so there's that silver lining.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 12-09-2010 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I got pretty frustrated after this season and havent kept up with alot of Sox stuff but I just started reading some stuff over on espnboston and chatting with a big sox friend of mine.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

It's looking more and more like the Yankees could be out on Lee. They made their push and the deal still is not done. The Rangers and the Angels were in on Crawford as well and now that he's off the market one of them could make an even bigger push. If he gets that seventh year at close to 25 from one of them, think it's a done deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Lee was someone I was keeping a close eye on, I hope he doesnt go to the Yankees, I love Lee.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today was a good day. I still don't want to buy Lee to the Yankees but it almost seems inevitable.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Add Varitek to that list of guys who can still hit lefties mentioned earlier.

But I still think we should be in on Martin. Good buy low gamble there. If he's healthy and returns to form, he's another real good right handed bat to have in the lineup that we can use to make pitching to us more difficult.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-09-2010, 06:23 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Wow!

-Love the signing but I just don't know where he fits. Especially another LH bat.
I don't think this spells the end of Ellsbury. I'd hate if we traded him for a guy who plays less games than JD Drew unless the Mets paid the majority of his 18 Mill contract.
I love Crawford as our LF bc he's only weakness is his weak arm and that gets minimized due to the short field. He'll have to learn how to play the ball of the wall full time now though
-With our Type A cherry popped, as mentioned above, I can see us going after whoever now to add to our bullpen. Still a big question mark entering the season
-Martin is still a possiblity
-Lee isn't (I said the same thing about Crawford though!)
-I could see us signing Ordonez and having him play against lefties and having JD Drew play against righties.
It'd be a good idea with how injuried those two are... splitting time could help themselves stay healthy. He could spell the DH spot from time to time as well.

Beckett
Lester
Bucholz
Lackey
Dice-K

1-Crawford LF
2-Pedroia 2B
3-AGonz 1B
4-Youk 3B
5-Ortiz DH
6-JD Drew RF
7-Scutoro/Lowrie SS
8-Salty/V-Tek C
9-Ellsbury CF

Man, if we get bullpen help and another RH hitter... oh man... I can't see us winning less than 100 games and making a serious run for the ring

Old 12-18-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Well, BoSox signed Jenks and Wheeler. I'm in Love.
I guess this is the end of Okijima. I always liked him but I understand

Old 12-18-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole baseball off-season feels dirty. I don't know if I can stomach rooting for one of the teams that's destroying the competitive balance of the sport in the upcoming season... I'll probably come around when September rolls around, but I might just hide amongst the Royals fans until then. Is this the opposite of fairweather?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we need another left reliever. not too sure how doubront will handle the big leagues for a full year.

tito has said he wants jacoby to bat leadoff, and that would be our best lineup. im thinking this will be the lineup, which would be fun:

1. Ellsbury CF
2. Crawford LF
3. Pedroia 2B
4. Gonzo 1B
5. Youk 3B
6. Ortiz DH
7. Drew RF
8. Tek/Salty
9. Scutaro/Lowrie

pretty insane lineup

how many RBIs does gonzo get with those 3 in front of him? woww

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This whole baseball off-season feels dirty. I don't know if I can stomach rooting for one of the teams that's destroying the competitive balance of the sport in the upcoming season... I'll probably come around when September rolls around, but I might just hide amongst the Royals fans until then. Is this the opposite of fairweather?
We're entitled to it because we've had to contend with the only other team that does it for years. I'm cool with us abusing the systems if we're the only ones smart enough to figure out how.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-18-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

It only feels so good bc we're doing it in a year where the Yanks failed in all their attempts.
It's not like we've never tried to do this before...
We signed Manny, Ortiz, Renteria, Lackey and DiceK. Traded for Becket, VMart and Jason Bay.
We failed in attempts for Tex and ARod.
So it's not like this is any different from years before. We just were especially successful this offseason

As for our lineups... this is what I think

Vs Righties

1-J.Ellsbury CF
2-D.Pedrioa 2B
3-C.Crawford LF
4-A.Gonzalez 1B
5-K.Youk 3B
6-D.Ortiz DH
7-JD Drew RF
8-M.Scutaro SS
9-Salty C

Vs Lefties

1-J.Ellsbury CF
2-D.Pedroia 2B
3-K.Youk 3B
4-A.Gonz 1B
5-M.Cameron RF
6-C.Crawford LF
7-J.Lowrie DH
8-M.Scutaro SS
9-Salty C

As far as lefties go, I agree with hoping for another lefty besides Doubront. I guess it doesn't hurt to check and see how he does and if he struggles, then trade for someone. I hope they bring back Okijima to a minor league deal and let him work out his issues.

I love the 7-8-9 of Jenks-Bard-Palp... AMAZING!
No excuses for Beckett, DiceK and Lackey. We are ready to win now.
Hopefully Bucholz continues on from last year too.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think we can pick up some sort of side arm lefty craft bastard somewhere off the scrap heap. The other lefty is Andrew Miller, but he's going to need some time. Could pay huuuuuge dividends towards the end of the season with if we can fix his mechanics.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 12-18-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yup, Miller is definitely a low risk high reward type of guy. I hope he balls

Old 12-18-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the perfect situation for Miller. He's not expected to be a #1, and he's behind so many other guys. I think he busts out and wreaks havoc on the MLB. I'd like to see him in the rotation down the road, but they'll probably stick him in the bullpen.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
It only feels so good bc we're doing it in a year where the Yanks failed in all their attempts.
It's not like we've never tried to do this before...
We signed Manny, Ortiz, Renteria, Lackey and DiceK. Traded for Becket, VMart and Jason Bay.
We failed in attempts for Tex and ARod.
So it's not like this is any different from years before. We just were especially successful this offseason
Manny was one of the Top 5 players in baseball when they signed him to that deal. They signed Ortiz for like $2 million. Lackey is in the same boat as Crawford. Those guys have no business getting the contracts they got. $140 million is insane for a guy like Carl Crawford. It's nonsensical.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This is the perfect situation for Miller. He's not expected to be a #1, and he's behind so many other guys. I think he busts out and wreaks havoc on the MLB. I'd like to see him in the rotation down the road, but they'll probably stick him in the bullpen.
Safer that way. He was only hitting low 90's starting. Let him throw as hard as he can out of the pen and fix the mechanics and we have something.

R.I.P. Junior Seau