Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know how much time he will get. As long as Torrain doesn't keep fumbling it he is our primary back, and Keiland will stay as our 3rd down back because of his pass protection. Also you can't discount Portis maybe coming back. Still though happy to have him as a #3 should Torrain go down with his injury history. With that said James Davis was behind Hillis and Harrison on the depth chart and he has had injury problems, loved him at Clemson though and you are right about him being the perfect fit.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Another who is thrilled we picked up James Davis-who chose us over other teams interested.
Plus C.P. is coming back soon,i think that means keiland Williams back to the practice squad?
After the bye we should be loaded at running back,just need to open some lanes,Sellers you beast r.u. listening.

In todays washpostinsider column Shanny is quoted as saying there will be no new contract for McNabb this season.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah definitely would improve our RB situation but yeah Ryan Torrain, Clinton Portis, and James Davis is far from "loaded."

Old 10-27-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
In todays washpostinsider column Shanny is quoted as saying there will be no new contract for McNabb this season.
That's pretty scary if you ask me. I was wondering if he would ever resign. If he bolts for a team like the Vikings or the Card's in the off season that would be devastating. Hopefully we can make a playoff run...

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Ugh I could stand moving up for Andrew Luck, but Mallett and Locker scare the crap out of me. I've mentioned it in another thread but a Locker or Newton would be perfect if Mcnabb re-ups for another 3 years or so but damn if he leaves it really ruins what we are building here. We don't exactly have a team with young talent.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb leaving would set the Skins back at least three years imo unless Shannahan can find another comparable QB in FA. Not sure who is eligible next year but doubt anyone as good as McNabb will be available.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's LaRon Landry looking? I loved him coming out, and I know he hasn't lived up to it thus far (mainly since ST). But every time I've seen him and DeAngelo this year (another one of my favorites) they've been balling out.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

landry is a monster this year back at SS. this defensive scheme and coaching seems to be the perfect fit for him and is really letting him get the best out of his strengths. he still could use a better partner at FS but he's been dominating this year in his own right. as of now, i would be confident to say he is having as good a year as any safety in the nfl so far this year.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Vegas has us as 2.5 underdogs. I know they're at home and getting their starting qb back... still kind of surprising.
Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 10-28-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.
Don't forget Forte was leading the league in RB reception yards going into last week. He ended up with 5 rec for 32 yards against us. All it takes is one big one to open things up though. A lot of this game will be scheming to hide our weaknesses because we dont necessarily match up too well against these high power offenses. Fortunately, I don't put Stafford even close to Peyton of Schaubs level.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

No Staff isn't on their level in terms of reading defenses, and consistency in the intermediate passing game, but he's just as talented with his deep ball, and all he has to do is give Calvin a chance down the field and it could be a big play.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Their offense is explosive even when they had Shaun Hill in there. They consistently score over 20 points a game. I fear if we get in a shoot out because honestly I don't know if we have the fire power to put up more than 24 points. Also if we can't get those turnovers or goalline stands we will be in trouble. Trust me I'd be devastated if we lost, but I think it's very possible and this game could go either way. We really need to run the ball well and control TOP. Hopefully we can contain Suh, and God help us in deep coverage against Megatron. I swear I will flip if I see Doughty covering Megatron at any point in the game. X factor could be Javhid Best if he's healthy. We give up the most receptions to running backs and he's a pretty dynamic receiving RB. I think we can limit him in the run game, but on those screens and dump offs I worry about guys like Lorenzo Alexander in space.
Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?
Old 10-28-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Yeah i know they have a good Offense and Suh could have a field day on our interior o-line... still, it's just not often you see a 1-5 vs 4-3 team as a favorite.

With this team would you take Blache's D or Haslett's?
Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Definitely Haslett's because of the playmaking aspect. Don't forget Detroit basically beat Chicago if not for the whack Calvin Johnson call. Also they only lost by a field goal to the Eagles in Vick's breaktout game even though Shaun Hill was QB. The Green Bay game was another game they would have won had they had Staff.
Don't forget the redskins basically beat houston if not for a whack ass last second timeout. Also, we only lost by a field goal to the Peyton Mannings. :P

As for the lack of Stafford and all, i think you could say the same thing with our outright lack of Haynesworth... we went a couple games without him and when he is in he isn't exactly doing what he should be. My point is, every team faces some level of adversity, it's the teams with the discipline to adhere to the system that stay in ball games and have a chance to win it. Look at our team, it's really tattered, we have a weak interior line, no consistent receivers, linebackers and linemen that don't fit the system. Yet, we beat the Cowboys and the Packers - that's two teams with established systems and playmakers that we took down.

This team may not make the playoffs this year but, i think, shanny has the balls to cut the fat and really turn the land dragons into a contender next year.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Megatron vs this secondary scares me.

I think its time for Mcnabb and the offense to really show up here. We've gone against elite pass rushers every game and we finally get a break here. If the OL gives Mcnabb some time he can have a breakout game I feel like...you know he is going to have one of those games at some point this year.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

offense looks sooo ugly.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

O Donovan!

Care to have that INT throw to Armstrong back?

Fell apart after that.
Were heading for another unlikely win in the fourth quarter.
O-line,coaching,q.b. o dear.

Solid effort from the D(despite calvin johnsons efforts) and props to brandon Banks(twice remember) and keiland Williams stepped up well.

Suh is as advertised.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I don't care who wants to defend him, fck Shanny. Worst of all is that he has job security so he could care less. Everything he's done since he's been here I've disagreed with. Shanny is as much of a bust big buck signing as Haynesworth is. Mcnabb is done in D.C. I'm sure Shanny doesn't want him back and I'm sure Donovan would rather go to the Vikes, or Cards, or somewhere that he doesn't have 5 Alex Barron's in front of him. So lets see going into the offseason we need a starting QB, a starting RB, maybe a starting FB, a starting WR, a starting LG, a starting C, a starting RG, a starting NT, a starting 34 DE, a starting OLB opposite of Orakpo, and a starting FS. It will be pretty easy to fill those holes with out plethora of draft picks and cap room.

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 10-31-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Kyle Shannahan sucks dick too. **** this orginization. Hilarious that we wont even be able to resign McNabb, Eagles pwned us.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Of course you can never criticize Kyle's playcalling because he has Daddy's protection.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

it's really unfortunate that the situational benching of McNabb is completely over shadowing the horrific play of our offensive line.

Quote:
I don't care who wants to defend him, fck Shanny. Worst of all is that he has job security so he could care less. Everything he's done since he's been here I've disagreed with. Shanny is as much of a bust big buck signing as Haynesworth is. Mcnabb is done in D.C. I'm sure Shanny doesn't want him back and I'm sure Donovan would rather go to the Vikes, or Cards, or somewhere that he doesn't have 5 Alex Barron's in front of him. So lets see going into the offseason we need a starting QB, a starting RB, maybe a starting FB, a starting WR, a starting LG, a starting C, a starting RG, a starting NT, a starting 34 DE, a starting OLB opposite of Orakpo, and a starting FS. It will be pretty easy to fill those holes with out plethora of draft picks and cap room.
lol. What is this? It reads like a drunken facebook post to an ex lover.

Quote:
Of course you can never criticize Kyle's playcalling because he has Daddy's protection.
Gameplan may well have kicked ass... i don't think it ever had the chance to get on track. Suh and co completely sonned our interior ol.

Last edited by McBain : 10-31-2010 at 08:55 PM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

[quote=McBain;2359987
Gameplan may well have kicked ass... i don't think it ever had the chance to get on track. Suh and co completely sonned our interior ol.[/quote]
It's called making adjustments which we didn't do.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-31-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
It's called making adjustments which we didn't do.
Adjustments and gameplan are some of the most abused cliche's by fans IMO.

Tactically we were so overmatched at the point of attack, I don't think a shift to strategy would have made any difference.

Just out of curiosity what would you have adjusted to the strategy?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Certainly would have adjusted some things we were doing on the line and brought more protection in for McNabb. Don't know why you think the gameplan may have kicked ass, obviously it didn't.

Steddy Ambition!