Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 10-31-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Certainly would have adjusted some things we were doing on the line and brought more protection in for McNabb. Don't know why you think the gameplan may have kicked ass, obviously it didn't.
Ball control/max protect - Joe Gibbs 2.0 style?

I think it's fair to say a good game plan takes into account what you're facing and what you have whilst maximizing you're strengths and minimizing weakness. Fair definition?

My argument is simple... i feel our interior offensive line was so abysmal it precluded us from executing the basic tenets of playing football. We couldn't run the ball and the QB had no pocket.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All that really matters is that this interior OL (plus Heyer) blows...Theres really not much you can do when you can't block anyone.

Mcnabb is still a better QB than Campbell, but this is why some of us Skins fans were saying that no QB could do well behind this abomination.

This is what years of neglecting your OL looks like.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what years of neglecting the draft looks like. We should not trade away any draft picks for players for the next 5 years but that wont happen. Snyder always thinks we're a piece away and it kills us.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

As i said in some earlier comments this was a brutal stretch of games for us and to be 4-4 is better than i thought they would be.

I think shanny and haslett are doing ok(not great but not bad either),mcnabb is struggling with this system and staying healthy.
However,i expect he'll be ready to go for the mondaynighter but then we face 3 good running teams so its back to being brutal unless the vikes impode.

Kyle's running game i'm not sure is going to work well for us-looking for lighter ,athletic guards can mean getting bullied at the line.
Checkout his o-line when he was at the texans,never an elite unit and always injuries(see chester pitts/briesel) never a good bunch of run blockers even when alex gibbs was brought in to advise.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...ngton-redskins

Apparently JaMarcus Russel was brought in for a meeting.

INB4 Ghetto's head explodes
Old 11-14-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/st...95524706476033

Reports are surfacing that the skins are in talks with McNabb about a contract extension. I would welcome this as it would stop some of the non-sense surrounding our team as of late.

EDIT

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/sta...46272192618496

Schefter's reporting they're discussing a four year extension.

Last edited by McBain : 11-15-2010 at 04:14 AM.
McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, here we go...what do you guys think of the Mcnabb extension?

Glad he extended but 5 yrs is too much, I was hoping for about 3 yrs. But whatever, I'm used to Snyder's craziness at this point.

Just gotta focus on getting a freaking O-line to protect him. I still believe Mcnabb is a top QB if given a bit of time and some decent WRs to work with. None of which we can do for him this year but hopefully Shanny/Allen can change that in the next few years.

Also, if we don't beef up his line, theres no way he's staying healthy enough to finish that contract out.

Hopefully he comes out and plays his a** off for this MNF game at least...
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Well, here we go...what do you guys think of the Mcnabb extension?

Glad he extended but 5 yrs is too much, I was hoping for about 3 yrs. But whatever, I'm used to Snyder's craziness at this point.

Just gotta focus on getting a freaking O-line to protect him. I still believe Mcnabb is a top QB if given a bit of time and some decent WRs to work with. None of which we can do for him this year but hopefully Shanny/Allen can change that in the next few years.

Also, if we don't beef up his line, theres no way he's staying healthy enough to finish that contract out.

Hopefully he comes out and plays his a** off for this MNF game at least...
Agree on all points - Oline & WR this offseason have to be priorities.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hope we use our first rounder on a wideout as Shanny can probably find interior lineman that fit his scheme mid round. Also need a NT, another rush backer, and a FS with range. With our pick obviously guys like AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Andrew Luck, etc, are out of our range, but if we have a pick in the 8-15 range my targets would be Nick Fairley, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Allen Bailey, oh and I have a soft spot for Cam Newton especially now that we know Mcnabb is back.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i disagree about a 1st rd wr unless is aj green. the last few years has proved that those second tier wrs always fall into the 2nd and later rounds. guys like aj green are obviously exceptions to the rule like ajohnson, fitz, etc. i just dont see julio, baldwin, or floyd being good enough to warrant a first round pick. they all have their concerns imo. id rather have a stud oline or dlineman with that pick. and yea i have a soft spot for cam newton too.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't an interior lineman worth a top 15 pick so I'd definitely rule out first round O-line. Shanny just won't take an O-lineman in the first unless it's a franchise OT like Clady but we already have Trent Williams. As far as "2nd tier WR's" in recent drafts the 2nd tier wideouts taken in recent years have been guys like Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Maclin, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, etc all who have good track records. I wouldn't hold much water to the 08 draft because in general it was just a bad WR draft class. While he hasn't displayed the most consistency I absolutely see star potential in Julio Jones. There is no one on our team we've had the past 10 years with the kind of size and strength of Julio Jones. Same can be said about Balwdin and Floyd. Also add Blackmon to the mix who I am extremely high on and have right behind Julio as my #2 wideout.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think WR is a fine option if we pick between 9-20. Green will be out of reach but Julio Jones or a guy I'm in love with Blackmon would all be fine choices given the talent of o-line in the first round, nobody is high enough on my board on the interior line. Would be ok with taking a d-lineman too though like Bailey or Heyward.

As far as McNabb I'm glad he resigned, I'd rather roll with a above average veteran who has shown he can be great when given the weapons. Think we overpaid for him and these deals usually don't end well (always actually) but at least we have secured the most important position for the next 3 years. We'll have to draft someone to groom soon in 2012 or 13.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I would have wished the guaranteed money would have been more in the 18-22 mil range instead of 40, but yeah I'm glad to have Mcnabb back. I won't get caught in numbers. I wanted him resigned so I can look past the absurd #'s and chalk it up as typical Snyder. My only worry is Shanny's rash decision making. Imagine how disasterous this will be if he and Shanny have another big clash even before the season is done.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I would have wished the guaranteed money would have been more in the 18-22 mil range instead of 40, but yeah I'm glad to have Mcnabb back. I won't get caught in numbers. I wanted him resigned so I can look past the absurd #'s and chalk it up as typical Snyder. My only worry is Shanny's rash decision making. Imagine how disasterous this will be if he and Shanny have another big clash even before the season is done.
Yea that was why I was so shocked when they first announced the deal. Hopefully these two had a heart to heart and now are working towards the same goal which is bringing us a SB. It does scare me though especially with the relationship being fractured so early on.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Really hope we use our first rounder on a wideout as Shanny can probably find interior lineman that fit his scheme mid round. Also need a NT, another rush backer, and a FS with range. With our pick obviously guys like AJ Green, Patrick Peterson, Andrew Luck, etc, are out of our range, but if we have a pick in the 8-15 range my targets would be Nick Fairley, Julio Jones, Jon Baldwin, and Allen Bailey, oh and I have a soft spot for Cam Newton especially now that we know Mcnabb is back.
this and this. how about fairley this year, and i convince cam to stay at auburn for his senior season. them we take him in the first next year. this way im happy for my college team for one more year and the skins can keep taking my favourite players.

edit, also some later round interior guys to check out are byron isom (6-3 306) and mike berry (6-3 315) of auburn. very big and athletic guards. both seniors, they are great at pulling and getting downfield. auburn also runs the hurry up, quick pace offense. huge part to why newton (1297 6.3avg), dyer (859 6.3 avg), fannin (367 6.7avg) and omac (683 8.8avg) are having huge years.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Last edited by critesy : 11-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

hah I think it's more likely Fairley stays than Cam. Way too much Heat regardless of the outcome of the investigation. Fairley has kind of been what Clayborne was supposed to be this year.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i already know for a fact that fairley is leaving though haha. honestly though if all these allegations blow over and the ncaa comes and says he's clean (which i can see happening actually, so much bs out there with no proof just he said she said) i would not be surprised to see him stay.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Even if it blows over if he wins the Heisman or even just being a finalist and Auburn plays in the title game that's a hell of a lot of pressure to live up to. History hasn't been nice to guys with those kind of accomplishments returning to school. Sure he can prove himself more as a passer as teams will key in more on him and Dyer in the ground game but it's too risky if you ask me.

Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

Shows you dont get paid by performance at the Redskins.

Still if McNabb plays for more than a couple of years and doesnt decline TOO much it will be worth it.

Im still on board the draft o-line in 2011.

Slim pickings but if Wisniewski and Pouncey aren't worth a first then look at Marcuc Cannon(T.C.U.) or even Derrick Sherrod(Miss. St) if he is there when we pick.
We need a lineman that can start straight away, not your usual Zone Blocker who is sub 300lbs.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mcnabb is not the problem with this team. we clearly need 3 new offensinve lineman, a rb, at least 1-2 new wide receivers, a fs, a cb, another pass rusher, and 1-2 dlineman. also a new d coordinator.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:38 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
mcnabb is not the problem with this team. we clearly need 3 new offensinve lineman, a rb, at least 1-2 new wide receivers, a fs, a cb, another pass rusher, and 1-2 dlineman. also a new d coordinator.
I agree with you on most of this.

The offensive line needs a major revamp. Rabach is washed up and horrible, Lichtensteiger and Dockery aren't getting it done, Artis Hicks has no business starting nor does Heyer.

At the receiving positions, help is needed. Moss and Cooley are good targets, though Santana does seem to 'disappear' at times in a game. I love what Armstrong brings as a deep threat, but he's strictly that. Galloway, god bless him, isn't roster material anymore. Help is needed at receiver.....I'd promote Terrence Austin and give him some reps. Cut ties with Joey. Address the position in the off-season.

I think you're okay at running back. Torain is good, you just need a speedy change of pace back.

It's hard to say this after a loss like that, but I'd give Haslett more time. Give him time to get 3-4 personnel in. Defenses are built over a period of time. Guys like Andre Carter don't do well in the 3-4, Haslett needs time to get the personnel he needs. I do agree though - switching to the 3-4 was a tragic mistake in the first place when you've got a guy like Haynesworth.

Last edited by NotRickJames : 11-15-2010 at 11:41 PM.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Most embarrassing game I've ever seen. Didn't make it any better that the bar was full of skins and eagles fans. Such a long night.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

The most disturbing thing i find is that most redskin fans have accepted the historically bad defeat.
This is what 20 years of failure has got us,there is no fight left in the team OR us.

Am used to the giants hammering us and it wasnt too long ago when all the cowboys had to do to win was show up.Now the iggles are joining in.
The redskins need to follow the cardinals out of the nfc east and into the safer west.
Should be banned from monday nighters for a few years until the team can compete.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys!

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully the Titans can find a way to stop the bleeding (at the QB position...WHAT THA HELL RUSTY?! WHY?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Good game guys!

Good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully the Titans can find a way to stop the bleeding (at the QB position...WHAT THA HELL RUSTY?! WHY?!?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!?!).
Rusty Smith at QB isn't something I'd even wish upon the Cowboys.